Verified:

Oceana Game profile

Nov 22nd 2011, 12:49:11

Does it srill exist in US law?

or only limited to Lawyers?

Why hasn't the SCUM_BAGS OF Wall-street been THROWN-AWAY

Fooglmog Game profile

Nov 22nd 2011, 13:04:56

In corporate culture, fiduciary trust exists between corporate officers and the share holders. So long as they are doing their best to realize a strong profit, they are fulfilling this trust.

Most corporations accomplish this.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

TGD Game profile

Nov 22nd 2011, 14:12:09

Lawyers have a fiduciary duty to their clients and if they do not do their duty to the best of their ability they better start looking at their malpractice insurance and possibly a new carrier

This is one of the first things that us as paralegals learn in our beginning class and i'm sure it is the first thing lawyers learn in their first classes

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Nov 22nd 2011, 23:16:44

the owner wouldn't let me use a bulldozer to push them off the property. he kept yelling something about Bloody Humanitarians.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

kwmi Game profile

Nov 23rd 2011, 0:56:40

I'm sure MF Global will get hit with breach of fiduciary duty. It is important in the world of investment management. Using client money to pad your margin account to keep your leveraged positions open while they tank in value is certainly a breach in fiduciary duty.
MKR - HFA

macmd Game profile

Nov 23rd 2011, 15:34:34

Fiduciary duties definitely exist.

They have broad protections for directors of companies, however.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Nov 23rd 2011, 17:39:14

I'm not a lawyer, but as I understand it, they exist in a variety of situations and are not limited to lawyers or members of a board of directors.

There's something in the Canadian insurance act about this too apparently.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!