Verified:

herbs12 Game profile

Nov 10th 2011, 17:21:50

Well I think the tag jumbers issue has been resolved. There really shouldn't be anymore concern with it. And if the 165 hits all three of those horrible human beings made together is still a huge concern to pdm then pst me and I'll be more then willing to fa pdm to make it even. Mistakes were made on all levels top down including myself as a (tag jumber) and lessons were learnt. By no means will something this ridiculous happen again At my level. I appoligize for the severe inconvenience this cause everyone but like I said it is resolved to an extent and let's just move on!

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Nov 10th 2011, 17:28:22

deleting stupid trash posts just makes the poster look more intelligent.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

de1i Game profile

Nov 10th 2011, 17:42:40

Only to those who didn't read his nonsense.

Detmer Game profile

Nov 10th 2011, 18:00:09

Originally posted by herbs12:
Well I think the tag jumbers issue has been resolved. There really shouldn't be anymore concern with it. And if the 165 hits all three of those horrible human beings made together is still a huge concern to pdm then pst me and I'll be more then willing to fa pdm to make it even. Mistakes were made on all levels top down including myself as a (tag jumber) and lessons were learnt. By no means will something this ridiculous happen again At my level. I appoligize for the severe inconvenience this cause everyone but like I said it is resolved to an extent and let's just move on!

You can self-delete. Your actions have destroyed your credibility, for obvious reasons, and we really can't trust you to have access to the information that pacts reveal. For all I know this is a ploy to remain a breaker while the war drags on then to start hitting later. No offense, but we really can't trust you right now. Self-deleting would rebuild trust in you, but with obvious consequences to yourself.

herbs12 Game profile

Nov 10th 2011, 18:33:41

Fair enough Detmer, us three already know this and very shortly will all be deleted and gone.

hanlong Game profile

Nov 10th 2011, 18:37:55

btw not entirely on topic but everytime posts get deleted there's a bug that annoys me where u see Pages: 1 2 3 4 on the main page but when you click on 4 it goes nowhere since it should be 3 pages now.

not sure how you calculate the pagination display, but it needs to be tweaked =) probably should mod (%) it based on the non deleted posts instead of total which presumably includes the undeleted ones
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Pain Game profile

Nov 10th 2011, 18:39:23

lol i keep clicking on page 4 also hanlong lol.
Your mother is a nice woman

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 10th 2011, 18:47:21

Originally posted by Detmer:
Originally posted by herbs12:

You can self-delete. Your actions have destroyed your credibility, for obvious reasons, and we really can't trust you to have access to the information that pacts reveal. For all I know this is a ploy to remain a breaker while the war drags on then to start hitting later. No offense, but we really can't trust you right now. Self-deleting would rebuild trust in you, but with obvious consequences to yourself.

the damage is already done... the countries were much more useful in the FS than they are now, and I expect everyone involved was aware of that from the start. I know I sure was :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Detmer Game profile

Nov 10th 2011, 18:49:05

Originally posted by hanlong:
btw not entirely on topic but everytime posts get deleted there's a bug that annoys me where u see Pages: 1 2 3 4 on the main page but when you click on 4 it goes nowhere since it should be 3 pages now.

not sure how you calculate the pagination display, but it needs to be tweaked =) probably should mod (%) it based on the non deleted posts instead of total which presumably includes the undeleted ones

I have noticed this problem the last couples days and chalked it up to including deleted posts as well.

Chaoswind Game profile

Nov 10th 2011, 20:04:19

This forum bug was posted a while ago :)
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

anoniem Game profile

Nov 10th 2011, 20:23:47

best country name evaarrr LaF is a cancer (#1056)
re(ally)tired

trumper Game profile

Nov 10th 2011, 20:32:21

Originally posted by Pang:
i deleted all the trash Ironman started about admin fluff, as promised...

get back on topic, folks.

And to answer Flamey's question (which I responded to in a now-deleted post): KSF were our police, which makes the issue extra dicey... since the countries went from Sanct to KSF then to LCN...

Well, you deleted Ironman's comments, your response, and my response to you.

When I referred to your imaginary line in the sand about calling LCN classless, I think it was pretty pertinent to the overall discussion. I mean correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this war largely about meaning what you say and saying what you mean? That was sort of the operatus modi of PDM's declaration, wasn't it?

Alas, my larger point to your back-and-forth with Ironman was that there is value in being able to take criticism and praise in stride. Evidently the imaginary lines in the sand seem to be winning out.

Hopefully the bitterness will subside before the next reset so folks can go along their merry ways.

Purposeful1 Game profile

Nov 10th 2011, 20:49:54

the damage is already done... the countries were much more useful in the FS than they are now, and I expect everyone involved was aware of that from the start. I know I sure was :p

They probably were somewhat more useful, yes, but at the same time, PDM now never had to expend any turns in killing those countries (other than than the initial 30 or so chems on one of those countries before it went to KSF).

It seems to me that the 150 hits or so that they put out during LCN's CS would be less valuable than the extra ~600 or so hits it would have taken to kill those countries that PDM essentially got the benefit of during their own FS against Sanct.

I don't think it's worthwhile expressing any bitterness over this exchange any further--seems to me that PDM is finishing out in this ahead, and it looks like the Sanct countries involved are independently deciding that their misstep merits self-deletion to acquiesce to everything that PDM requested in the first place.
Purposeful1

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 10th 2011, 20:58:38

trumper: there is criticism and then there's just making things up... the reason it was all deleted was more because of the ridiculous circular arguments and the fact that what ironman was saying didn't align with LCN's actually beliefs more than anything else. in the end, this is a war about class and in the end it hasn't been PDM who are the ones doing class-less things.

Purp:
we weren't going to need to expend turns killing those countries anyway... they went to KSF and said they were out of the war. the fact they self deleted now, after the war is more or less decided, is rather hollow IMO. In fact, now that I think about it, we already expended a LOT of our CM's on one of them who retagged mid-run. I don't think you can say it's a net gain to us in any way, it's most certainly a net-loss to us no matter how you slice it. 3 more countries that we would have killed early on (one almost dead) were allowed to stock for 3 more days and rejoin the war against us for a couple of days until the point where them being alive no longer made a difference to the war effort.

i don't understand why this took so long in the first place, since you're acting like it's a pretty open and shut case now.
the guys were obviously in your war room.

Edited By: Pang on Nov 10th 2011, 21:08:50
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

trumper Game profile

Nov 10th 2011, 21:08:22

trumper: there is criticism and then there's just making things up... the reason it was all deleted was more because of the ridiculous circular arguments and the fact that what ironman was saying didn't align with LCN's actually beliefs more than anything else. in the end, this is a war about class and in the end it hasn't been PDM who are the ones doing class-less things.

Here's my beef: If what he said didn't align with what you know to be the alliance's belief than why would you say what is said about you shows the alliance is classless? Maybe you also deleted that part because you realized you were wrong/didn't mean it/whatnot.

My other point was these (note my opinion here) rather pointless wars start over people not taking things in stride. Then they become a diatribe of he said/she said with both sides declaring moral superiority.

Oh well, I've said my two cents.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 10th 2011, 21:14:51

mmm i should have broken that up better...

i'm chalking ironman up to his own personal beliefs, although I'm a bit disappointed in LCN'ers for not stopping him a bit earlier... I don't like going online during a break and see crap like that on what should be a political debate.

anyway, the classlessness (6 s's) was more about the detagger issue (which has been "resolved") and how this war started (thomas' AT threads/threats in private) than the fluffty stuff ironman was posting. my point regarding class is that PDM HAS taken things in stride. We're not out here calling for blood. We're not out here flaming your brains out, we're simply out here posting our point of view and expecting you will as well.

That's what this forum is meant to be for -- discussions about ingame political things. It FAR too often gets bogged down in semantics, so let's try to focus on the actual issues.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Nov 10th 2011, 21:16:38

it got deleted because Pang didn't feel like dealing with it. doesn't matter that the OP might have been legitimate and based solely on the news.

it's normal for Dibs to get banned from the forums at least once a month.

Edited By: Dibs Ludicrous on Nov 10th 2011, 21:19:26
See Original Post

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 10th 2011, 21:18:55

OP?
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Nov 10th 2011, 21:23:01

i'm guessing spyOP, but you deleted the posts that i vaguely remember.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 10th 2011, 21:30:36

he was claiming I looked in the boxcar database to know LCN's plans.
TBH, I wasn't even at a computer for the 2 days before LCN entered the war. I logged in 5 hours before our already scheduled pre-CS and was like "WTF?" for a variety of other reasons, though :p

anyway, let's keep things on topic.

Edited By: Pang on Nov 10th 2011, 21:33:00
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Nov 10th 2011, 21:34:33

the ironman dude stated that you OP'd him in an attempt to discover where his land gains where coming from. i kinda figured he was secretly smuggling in the land from the Express Server because it wasn't readily available in the news.

hanlong Game profile

Nov 10th 2011, 21:37:24

it definitely is OP

OVERPOWERED
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 10th 2011, 21:57:21

heh... alright... I don't see how an op will tell anyone where someone's land is coming from anyway. that seems more like a function of the news + ranks
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

locket Game profile

Nov 10th 2011, 22:22:14

Pang deleted my post! Hi pang!

Detmer Game profile

Nov 10th 2011, 23:16:47

We're not out here calling for blood. We're not out here flaming your brains out, we're simply out here posting our point of view and expecting you will as well.

I admit I am a bit disappointed by that too.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 11th 2011, 0:53:18

If pang hasn't gave me my unlimited turns yet I doubt he looked at LCN's messages. He isn't that kind of man, and he wouldn't risk his credibility over something so trivial.

BTW Pang anytime you want to give me them turns I'm still waiting!

BadFish Game profile

Nov 11th 2011, 0:54:28

"this war is about class" ..... LMFAO !
BadFish
Are You A BadFish Too ?
EoS-IX

Kyatoru Game profile

Nov 11th 2011, 1:04:22

Wtf. Page 4 link
+Kya

archaic Game profile

Nov 11th 2011, 1:08:09

Badfish, if you guys don't quit torturing my a country and actually try to kill me - I'm gonna be teaching a 'class' on ass-whooping 101.

You guys quit arguing about tag jumpers, pangs spy-op habits, anon's hijacking attempts, and whatever the fluff dibs is going on about - get back in irc and commence to killing.

Too much yapping and not enough shooting.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 11th 2011, 1:09:12

Originally posted by Kyatoru:
Wtf. Page 4 link

It's a feature. Keep posting, and it'll fix itself.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

locket Game profile

Nov 11th 2011, 1:49:40

Do we get paid if we are the one who fixes it Nuk?

Alana Game profile

Nov 11th 2011, 2:20:53

Net Income $-11,111

PANG DID THIS!

HE IS A WITCH ;D
Alana
LCN Peon

exile

Nov 11th 2011, 2:36:36

archaic Game profile

Nov 11th 2011, 2:39:43

Just for the record LCN, we are ready for you. At 11:11 on 11/11/11, PDM is having a giant walling party.

we see what you did here

Ravi Game profile

Nov 11th 2011, 3:01:52

Can I Tag jump? I wanna kill some LCN scum!

ArsenalMD Game profile

Nov 11th 2011, 3:12:46

May I say, if MD was policing this never would have happened.

Just saying:-p

agusjo Game profile

Nov 11th 2011, 3:20:08

@Ravi: PDM loves tag jumper. :) We are dealing with 3 jumpers now. :p

Yamaha Game profile

Nov 11th 2011, 3:24:47

I need bonus points for walling.

IMP - Haters Gonna Hate

diez Game profile

Nov 11th 2011, 4:34:03

dont worry locket, my post also got deleted and apparently I got a 6hr ban for posting oot stuffs... looks like lots of you are going to be banned for 6hrs too :(

anoniem Game profile

Nov 11th 2011, 8:22:58

lol

Edited By: anoniem on Nov 11th 2011, 8:39:48
See Original Post
re(ally)tired

bertz Game profile

Nov 11th 2011, 8:55:32

Admins should police for war.
Anyone tag jumps or hits clans on war will be deleted.

anoniem Game profile

Nov 11th 2011, 10:01:02

what if ksf merge into lcn or sanct?
re(ally)tired

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 11th 2011, 10:25:40

bertz it would make about 100x more sense to allow 2 clans to mutually lock eachother into only doing hits on eachother

as long as it wasnt some sort of allx/landtrade laf1 vs laf2 or omega vs md sort of thing

Chaoswind Game profile

Nov 11th 2011, 11:14:33

Denied

Everyone loves the miss matched numbers during a KR :)
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

KingKaosKnows

Nov 11th 2011, 12:25:50

So this was:

46 vs 29 and PDM got the FS
LCN was called in
47 vs 79 and PDM got the "FS"?

Seems like an uphill battle and LCN strategy seems to be the old "detha of the midbreakers" and PDM will soon feel the effects of it.

Is a no brainer that PDM should lose this one, but I am fairly impressed with their showing so far.

Seems like the joke of the server aka the AB FS alliance is gone and we got a semi decent clan in their place, if they can keep most of their members after this war, PDM will be ranked a little higher next set.

archaic Game profile

Nov 11th 2011, 13:22:25

12th?

/me crosses fingers

SirSepher Game profile

Nov 11th 2011, 15:04:07

All us old fogeys came back just for this opportunity to show how great we can AB the heck, 'er, rock out in an uphill battle. I gotta say myself, LCN has made some impressive kill runs this war and they have been a great challenge to be up against this war. It's so good to be back =P
-Sir Sepher
Old Fogey learning to play again
PDM FTW
For the glory of Camelot

Sir Balin Game profile

Nov 11th 2011, 16:05:41

With a huge numbers/turns/stock/missiles disadvantage, PDM target selection has been pretty good in my opinion. Of course I think that, since I've been doing a lot of the selection. :)

PDM doesn't have a chance of winning but we've done pretty well given the circumstances. Other than killing a much smaller KSF a few sets ago, this is our first solo war (with PDMers leading chats) in a long time. Definitely a good opportunity to shake the rust off.

Other than letting them in in the first place, LCN responded to the tag jumpers pretty well. A little disappointed KSF didn't take care of their own business right away. LCN does still owe us a couple billion in reps that they stopped paying when we went to war with Sanct, even though we continued to pay them back what we owed. :P

trumper Game profile

Nov 11th 2011, 16:09:12

Originally posted by Sir Balin:
With a huge numbers/turns/stock/missiles disadvantage, PDM target selection has been pretty good in my opinion. Of course I think that, since I've been doing a lot of the selection. :)

PDM doesn't have a chance of winning but we've done pretty well given the circumstances. Other than killing a much smaller KSF a few sets ago, this is our first solo war (with PDMers leading chats) in a long time. Definitely a good opportunity to shake the rust off.

Other than letting them in in the first place, LCN responded to the tag jumpers pretty well. A little disappointed KSF didn't take care of their own business right away. LCN does still owe us a couple billion in reps that they stopped paying when we went to war with Sanct, even though we continued to pay them back what we owed. :P

I was planning to pay those reps to you guys on our behalf, but then you killed my country with 150mil or so odd bushels on the market. So it's like you got the reparations yet they burned up on receipt.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 11th 2011, 16:25:23

So when you died does the bushels disappear off the market or does the game still allow them to sell but no one gets the money?

Just curious on that.