Verified:

Deerhunter Game profile

Oct 31st 2011, 4:53:14

Alll you haters will see that i said back when they first made the playoffs that they would win it all and they did. A great series played by all and won by the best team in the best home town.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

Deerhunter Game profile

Oct 31st 2011, 4:53:44

Will they keep Albert? Thats the question now.
I shall fear no retals,

locket Game profile

Oct 31st 2011, 4:58:28

Great series? It was pretty bad imo. A record for walks by one team and a plethora of bad pitching/fielding by both

elvesrus

Oct 31st 2011, 5:11:17

would have meant something if you said it at the start of the season. as is they had all the momentum in the world behind them from the month of september.
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Deerhunter Game profile

Oct 31st 2011, 12:54:59

Was it bad pitching or just great hitting by both teams? I mean i don't see any other teams hitting upper 90's fast balls like these two teams did. I agree there were lots of walks but lets face it- with all that hitting going on wouldn't you try to pitch around some guys too? Or would you throw to them and see more 3 home run games? I think it was good pitching, great hitting, and poor deff by both teams. Freeze got the MVP for his hitting but his fielding was terrible IMO. The only players who were outstanding on deff were Furcall and John Jay. Both of them were Awesome. Malina was good too. This is first World Series where Great hitting beat Great pitching. I think its funny you try to turn it around and call it bad pitching when the hitting is great.

How many other world series had all the pitchers throwing in the 90's the whole series?
I shall fear no retals,

elvesrus

Oct 31st 2011, 13:25:00

Only one i can think of in recent history where A pitcher didn't hit the 90s was 2008 with Jamie Moyer of the Phillies. On top of that if a pitcher stayed in the 90s, and nothing but, that's called bad pitching. You need change ups and movement pitches to set up the fastball, or the other way around. There is a reason Nolan Ryan was basically a career .500 pitcher, and it wasn't necessarily the teams he was on.

I'll just leave it at that for now. I might come back later and add more.

dryfus Game profile

Oct 31st 2011, 17:50:50

Originally posted by elvesrus:
would have meant something if you said it at the start of the season. as is they had all the momentum in the world behind them from the month of september.

some guy bet in vegas when they were 4 games out of the wildcard for $125 and won $750,000 for them winning the series. ($250k for winning NLCS, 500k for WS).

Deerhunter Game profile

Oct 31st 2011, 18:26:52

Elv, i used to be a pitcher and in high school we were State Champs. I know how pitching works. You can't tell me pitching is poor when there is a Cy Young winner throwing. The pitching was good. The hitting was just better. Its rare but it happens.
I shall fear no retals,

Deerhunter Game profile

Oct 31st 2011, 18:29:14

FYI- the year my team won state none of us hit any home runs. We had great pitching, great defense, and timely hitting. The clutch hitting wins games. Like what Freeze was able to do. I will say this was the poorest deff World Series by both teams i can remember.
I shall fear no retals,

CGiboney Game profile

Oct 31st 2011, 22:41:26

sad to see tlr go, he will be hard to replace.

Unholy Monks

Deerhunter Game profile

Oct 31st 2011, 22:59:58

yes, we could be looking at a completely different team. Im sure the pitching coach Dave D. will retire too. Pluss if Albert leaves it'll be totally different.

I still think we got a great chance for a repeat next year.
I shall fear no retals,

elvesrus

Oct 31st 2011, 23:18:21

"You can't tell me pitching is poor when there is a Cy Young winner throwing."

Sure I can. Just because someone wins the Cy Young award doesn't mean they're perfect every night (especially when said Cy Young was won 6 years ago). Every pitcher has off nights. It's part of the game.

With being a former high school pitcher, you should know the importance of changing speeds. So why say something like "How many other world series had all the pitchers throwing in the 90's the whole series?" Most pitchers can get their fastball to at least the low 90's these days, with the notable exception of Jamie Moyer who had trouble hitting 80mph sometimes. You make it sound like every pitcher in the series was throwing 90+ every pitch. That would lead to great timing by the batters, and a poor overall performance by the pitchers making it look like horrible pitching.

I can't make a judgement one way or the other because I didn't watch the series, but using absolutes makes you look like an idiot. It's just the truth of how things work.

Forgotten

Oct 31st 2011, 23:49:58

Baseball is over? Dammit. What am I going to watch when I need to sleep now?
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Foobooy Evolution Game profile

Nov 1st 2011, 0:41:27

NOOOOO

Deerhunter Game profile

Nov 2nd 2011, 4:45:36

Elv you must be dumb. The point i was making is that their fast ball was so fast it made all their other pitches faster too. Yes they changed speeds hit corners and threw many pitches. Anyone who watched knows all that. Since you didn't watch the series i suggest you comment on something you have knowledge of and leave the rest to others.
I shall fear no retals,

Deerhunter Game profile

Nov 2nd 2011, 4:48:16

Everything they pitchers threw was faster than usual. The pitching was good- as anyone who saw it. When i am speaking i am speaking in general- of course there were times when pitchers got rocked or lacked control. I am sorry if i figured you were bright enough to understand that without me saying it. In general. Better?
I shall fear no retals,

elvesrus

Nov 2nd 2011, 5:50:35

its all good. i can still say my teams pitching is better than your teams, even without a decent catcher ;)

dagga Game profile

Nov 2nd 2011, 12:30:26

Nice prediction DH. Now that CC is wrapped up with the Yanks - there will be no repeat performance. NYY for 28 next year!
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22