Verified:

locket Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 15:15:14

Just curious because everytime the season gets delayed further it appears as if no one in Canada cares. So I am curious as to how upset americans are about this?

iNouda Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 15:15:57

Basketlolball? Yet another failmerican sport!

Detmer Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 15:18:05

Missing what?

Rockman Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 15:18:12

I love having no basketball. I only have to hear about the strike, I don't have to hear about anything else. I've barely watched football at all this year, too. I've watched probably about 5 minutes total of the NFL all year. And I don't watch college basketball or football either.

Hockey and baseball, though, I watch a lot of.

mrford Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 15:18:18

well, I have always been a massive fan of college basketball, and usually only went to ~5 NBA games a year. I do however feel that this will ruin the NBA for years to come just like baseball back in the mid 90s. Baseball is still trying to recover from their strike fallout.

As long as college basketball still exists im happy!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

iNouda Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 15:19:09

College BasketRoidball?

Boltar Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 15:21:21

could care less.. the fact they might not get paid. had alot running to europe to play

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 29th 2011, 15:24:54

<-- Canadian

I only watch hockey + football (nfl + cfl playoffs) this time of year anyway, so I don't miss basketball at all.

basketball is just soccer with your hands.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

mrford Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 15:25:19

Originally posted by iNouda:
College BasketRoidball?

do you ever know what you are talking about? dont hate just because you are a comically short asian.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

mrford Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 15:26:06

Originally posted by Pang:

you dont actually think that do you pang? lol
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Vamps Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 15:27:41

The NBA has lost many, many fans over the past decade or so. The decline has made the sport unprofitable for multiple franchises involved. This in part is to why the lockout will continue, and why most people will continue to not care. Until they find a way to make people interested again, the sport in general will continue to fail.

At least when NFL and NHL have had lockouts, people were concerned. The level of "concern" over the NBA is in an entirely different (lower) realm.

So to answer your question, I'm sure there are some concerned Americans... but if any huge part of the population were concerned, the lockout wouldn't have lasted this long in the first place. The lack of fans and amount of struggling franchises in the NBA are large parts as to why it's taking so long to resolve.

mrford Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 15:30:07

this lockout could be the death of a few teams as well. like my Bobcats, they were struggling monetarily already and with a non existent fan base being a new team in a smaller market. I feel bad for Jordan, he just bought into the team and this fluff happens.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

PapaSmurf Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 15:32:22

I miss it. This is really bad timing for them. Before last season basketball had never been talked about so much in the off season. This was mainly due to where is LeBron going to. Which resulted in a huge rise in viewership throughout the season.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 15:32:23

i'm too busy trying to figure out which Earther is the Pink Bikini Burglar of Indianapolis at the moment. i'll worry about spoiled millionaire sports players next year.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

locket Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 15:32:49

Originally posted by Vamps:
The NBA has lost many, many fans over the past decade or so. The decline has made the sport unprofitable for multiple franchises involved. This in part is to why the lockout will continue, and why most people will continue to not care. Until they find a way to make people interested again, the sport in general will continue to fail.

At least when NFL and NHL have had lockouts, people were concerned. The level of "concern" over the NBA is in an entirely different (lower) realm.

So to answer your question, I'm sure there are some concerned Americans... but if any huge part of the population were concerned, the lockout wouldn't have lasted this long in the first place. The lack of fans and amount of struggling franchises in the NBA are large parts as to why it's taking so long to resolve.

Thanks that answers it well. And yah they need a hard cap to make it profitable and more interesting. Having one of 5 teams win it from day one of the year is pretty boring. I think this lockout has the potential to kill a few franchises including Canada's Raptors. I guess they will regret it then when they have less jobs.

And on the baseball still recovering note, I think that is the case because they didn't do any big changes that I remember after the lockout. They still have teams buying their way into the playoffs instead of having a competitive hardcap so everyone can compete. Also, from a Canadian's perspective it is depressing as a Blue Jay fan to know that there is never a chance to make the playoffs. They need to add more playoff spots and shorten the regular season.

TheORKINMan Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 15:37:10

People don't care because college basketball is still there and has it's own set of brands and players people care about nationally.

The NFL was different because there are wide regions of the country that do not care about CFB and only care about pro.
Smarter than your average bear.

Detmer Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 15:39:31

Originally posted by TheORKINMan:
People don't care because college basketball is still there and has it's own set of brands and players people care about nationally.

The NFL was different because there are wide regions of the country that do not care about CFB and only care about pro.

In my estimation that is exclusively the NE.

mrford Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 15:40:12

i was about to say that^
Swagger of a Chupacabra

TheORKINMan Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 15:41:06

You think the west coast cares about CFB beyond USC (who sucks)?

mrford Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 15:42:27

Oregon?

the south is massive in college football, and the midwest is not far behind, other than that, its NFL in most places
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Detmer Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 15:44:09

You think the west coast cares about CFB beyond USC (who sucks)?

I guarantee you CFB is more popular in Washington than NFL.

TheORKINMan Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 15:44:35

I guess. Detmer is from there so he'd know more then me. But my impressions from my visits to the west coast is that they don't give an F.

Detmer Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 15:45:07

SoCal is generally apathetic about football in general and will bandwagon. In the Bay Area NFL is king.

Go north and it is definitely college.

mrford Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 15:46:21

personally i like all college equivalents over pro. i like the pride over money aspect of it, and the limited careers of the athletes. its just more exciting to watch.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

TheORKINMan Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 15:47:39

South Florida is also way more of a pro town then college because Miami has been down for so long. I think less people as a whole cared about the NFL lockout then what was represented in the media. But because the pro towns are the NE/Miami/Southern California the histrionics over the NFL were magnified since those are the media capitals of the country.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 29th 2011, 15:49:26

Originally posted by mrford:
Originally posted by Pang:

you dont actually think that do you pang? lol

i also think whoever wins the tipoff wins the game! is Michael Jordon still playing? Knickerboxers? What the hell are those... basketball underwear?

++sportsn00b
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

mrford Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 15:50:39

Jordon just bought majority ownership in my favorite team, the Charlotte Bobcats. its a struggling new team that might not survive this lockout
Swagger of a Chupacabra

TheORKINMan Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 15:51:20

Seriously Pang your lack of sports knowledge/fanaticism is depressing.

Boltar Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 15:55:33

suppose to be about pride (college football), but alot are still on the take sadly

locket Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 16:00:04

Seriously Pang your lack of sports knowledge/fanaticism is depressing.

Probably should unadmin him for that. Awful person! :P

mrford Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 16:01:27

i second that motion
Swagger of a Chupacabra

CGiboney Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 18:49:42

no

Unholy Monks

Bigwiggle Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 20:33:16

I'll miss it once the NFL season is over. There's a terrible sports gap that will just be heightened if I don't get to root against Kobe and the Celtics in the playoffs
Wiggity

Pandora's Last Vikings | THE OMEGA

msn -

locket Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 21:15:01

Originally posted by Bigwiggle:
I'll miss it once the NFL season is over. There's a terrible sports gap that will just be heightened if I don't get to root against Kobe and the Celtics in the playoffs

learn to love hockey like the rest of the intelligent world ;)

Bigwiggle Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 21:28:13

I'll watch the nhl playoffs as well. I'm not sure what you mean by intelligent world in that statement though ;) Canada and parts of Michigan?
Wiggity

Pandora's Last Vikings | THE OMEGA

msn -

mrford Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 21:29:30

Originally posted by locket:

hockey and intelligence is an oxymoron. there is a reason that only cold places like hockey, and no its not the ice. the cold has effected your brain so much that you actually find the sport entertaining!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

locket Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 21:39:27

I'll watch the nhl playoffs as well. I'm not sure what you mean by intelligent world in that statement though ;) Canada and parts of Michigan?

And sweeden! They breed their women to all look alike dont they? Thats smart...

locket Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 21:39:50

Originally posted by mrford:
Originally posted by locket:

hockey and intelligence is an oxymoron. there is a reason that only cold places like hockey, and no its not the ice. the cold has effected your brain so much that you actually find the sport entertaining!

you are an oxymoron!

Junky Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 22:26:55

I havn't watched Pro Basketball in years.. is Lebran still popular.. seen him on comercials.. some where pretty funny.

I wouldn't care 1 bit if they stopped probasketball completely.. people need to get good jobs... using college sports as a way to get free education to use to actually have a meaningful helpful career for a person would be a good change.. insteada playing pro sports for 3 years and then being able to retire...
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

spoodini Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 23:40:54

I live in Portland. I just miss watching the Trailblazers play. Other than that, I don't care about the NBA. And I can't watch my UCONN Huskies out here so it looks like I have more NFL and more NHL to watch. Save the money I would spend on Blazers tickets and go up to Edmonton for an Oilers game!
The person below me is sexy.

locket Game profile

Oct 30th 2011, 0:43:51

Originally posted by spoodini:
I live in Portland. I just miss watching the Trailblazers play. Other than that, I don't care about the NBA. And I can't watch my UCONN Huskies out here so it looks like I have more NFL and more NHL to watch. Save the money I would spend on Blazers tickets and go up to Edmonton for an Oilers game!

Nice. Maybe the NHL will come out of this with more fans than before... that would be nice

Yamaha Game profile

Oct 30th 2011, 0:51:19

Magic Johnson has a better chance at survival than the NBA...
Paradigm - The Nuthouse
IMP - Haters Gonna Hate

MilitantOrgy Game profile

Oct 30th 2011, 10:28:18

not cool Yamaha...

bertz Game profile

Oct 30th 2011, 16:20:05

what's with "Jordon" and "Lebran"?

Oceana Game profile

Oct 30th 2011, 21:11:29

Screw Basketball

archaic Game profile

Oct 30th 2011, 21:38:26

NBA = thugs I cannot identify with. I like NCAA hoops pretty well, but I have not cared about the NBA in a long time.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

grumpy Game profile

Oct 31st 2011, 1:20:13

them goonies get paid too much money. I believe people should play sports for sports and because they want to play not based on multi -million dollar for some dope that cant read or write past 2nd grade and spends there money on drugs that when busted they think there well off and above the law. its just gotten out of hand and I dont pay or watch them at all.

elvesrus

Oct 31st 2011, 1:26:22

sounds like grumpy is talking about damon stoudamire and rasheed wallace
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Forgotten

Oct 31st 2011, 1:51:19

Basketball is what a Canadian invented to distract Americans.
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 31st 2011, 2:01:03

I watch college basketball, never really watch much NBA... I'll watch the NBA some after football season is over and there is nothing else to watch...