Verified:

Rick Game profile

EE Patron

May 24th 2010, 14:51:07

Predictions please.

thatguy Game profile

May 24th 2010, 15:30:15

I think it could be a really good fight, they'll both weigh in at 265 and Lesnar's not much bigger than Carwin. Carwin's a great striker. I'd guess Carwin by KO in the 1st round again.

Hellz X Game profile

May 24th 2010, 15:40:35

Lesnar
Imaginary Numbers

Mr. Lime Game profile

May 24th 2010, 16:13:27

Lesnar 2nd round

kemo Game profile

May 24th 2010, 16:49:14

didnt lesnar have surgery not long ago? id have to look up carwins stats as i barely member who that is
all praised to ra

Revolver Game profile

May 24th 2010, 17:06:44

Carwin, 1st round. He only needs one little window to open and he will jump on the opportunity and KO Lesnar. I'm not doubting on it. It will be a hell of a fight. Also, Carwin's faster than Lesnar, I think it will demolish Lesnar. It's been years I didn't like a Heavyweight fighter. I think Carwin could very well beat Emalienenko if he beats Lesnar. We will see. Can't wait!

Out of that, GSP FTW !!!

Edited By: Revolver on May 24th 2010, 17:10:13

kemo Game profile

May 24th 2010, 17:14:25

machida owns all them and their future relatives
all praised to ra

Revolver Game profile

May 24th 2010, 17:16:09

Machida got demolished very solid by Rua. He owns nothing at all at the moment. :)

Kyatoru Game profile

May 24th 2010, 17:33:17

Carwin.

Then I want to see Carwin and Fedor.
+Kya

Kyatoru Game profile

May 24th 2010, 17:33:40

How many fights has Lesnar had anyways, like four? Pfff.
+Kya

Sauron NBK Game profile

May 24th 2010, 17:42:54

Carwin's gonna have this in the first or second round if he can keep it standing. If he has no answer for lesnar's wrestling it's gonna be a done dolla.

Theseus Game profile

May 25th 2010, 2:19:07

Originally posted by thatguy:
I think it could be a really good fight, they'll both weigh in at 265 and Lesnar's not much bigger than Carwin. Carwin's a great striker. I'd guess Carwin by KO in the 1st round again.

Here's the thing though...that's a myth brought on by the UFC hype machine. Did you see Lesnar standing in the cage beside Carwin after the Mir fight? Lesnar, frail from his illness and all, dwarfed him. They weren't even close in size. I can't stand Lesnar, but I have to pick him here.

Machida still owns anything not named Shogun Rua. Shogun was considered the #1-3 P4P fighter in the world before he got hurt and lost to Forrest. Now that he's back in form he's right back up to #4-5 P4P in the world. There's no shame in losing to that.

kemo Game profile

May 25th 2010, 4:50:48

first one to say kimbo slice owns gets their country farmed
all praised to ra

Hellz X Game profile

May 25th 2010, 5:20:44

Originally posted by Revolver:
Carwin, 1st round. He only needs one little window to open and he will jump on the opportunity and KO Lesnar. I'm not doubting on it. It will be a hell of a fight. Also, Carwin's faster than Lesnar, I think it will demolish Lesnar. It's been years I didn't like a Heavyweight fighter. I think Carwin could very well beat Emalienenko if he beats Lesnar. We will see. Can't wait!

Out of that, GSP FTW !!!

Carwin faster then Lesnar?! You're joking right? You are gonna see one scared little girl in the ring for that fight, and it's not the guy with blonde hair and a sword tattoo.
Imaginary Numbers

Revolver Game profile

Jun 4th 2010, 6:30:34

Hellz X, Lesnar isn't particularly fast. Carwin is much more opportunist than Lesnar. Lesnar did what ? 2 times against Mir, once against Couture and Heath Hearing. Carwin has 12 fights under the belt. Only 3 against fighters that were contenders at one point. +, did you see how he demolished Mir in the last fight ? Mir was much more in shape and much bigger than the fight against Carwin. +, his standing was much more polished. I was expecting Carwin to win, but not that decisively and that early. Carwin is a very intelligent fighter, unidimensional, yes. But the very best in what he does. We still have to see him on the ground, he always fought standing, I don't know what he's worth on the ground. I dunno if he can take a ground a pound really. I would suspect that 100% of chances are that Lesnar will try to bring the fight on the ground to take him out of his zone of comfort. We'll see. I still think Carwin will KO Lesnar.

As for Machida, He will maybe come back eventually. Though, I am expecting Rashad Evans to take back the belt in his championship fight against Rua.

NOW3P Game profile

Jun 4th 2010, 6:43:43

Lesnar, but only cuz I've had a beer w/ him. I don't know fluff about fighting

Dragonlance Game profile

Jun 4th 2010, 7:22:38

Lesnar for sure

Rick Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 4th 2010, 12:30:47

For those of you proclaiming that Carwin has more experience than Lesnar; I don't know what you measure experience from but Lesnar has twice as much ring time as Carwin.

One shotting cans is not more experience.

Revolver Game profile

Jun 4th 2010, 15:51:38

Rick, this fight isn't about experience.

Carwin is underdog of course. It's Lesnar who has the belt. But seriously, don't tell me Carwin doesn't have a good chance to beat Lesnar. Especially after that masterpiece of demolition against Frank Mir.

Anyway, let's not waste our time arguing who will win. Lets just be glad that we will have such a great fight.

Edited By: Revolver on Jun 4th 2010, 19:47:57

Sauron NBK Game profile

Jun 4th 2010, 20:48:41

Velasquez will pwn them all soon anyway.

archaic Game profile

Jun 5th 2010, 1:21:03

Still a lot of questions about Lesnars health and fitness levels after his illness.

Man, Ihave not thought about Fedor in forever, when was the last time he fought? He would destroy either one of these panks.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

archaic Game profile

Jun 5th 2010, 4:12:43

I don't think you give wrestling, especially top level wrestling, enough credit. Lesnar is a far better wrestler then Carwin is a boxer. IF Lesnar is in pre-hospital condition, he will destroy Carwin. I just don't think he will be in shape.

Theseus Game profile

Jun 6th 2010, 11:54:59

I respectfully disagree, Earth Watcher.

Fighters only cave into pressure when they..well..have pressure. Lesnar doesn't. Nobody is expecting Lesnar to come into this, or any fight, and throw down. His paycheck is paid by the fans he brings in from WWE and the purist MMA fans who hope to see him get his ass kicked. Both of those audiences will be tuning in regardless of the approach he takes.

List of UFC Champtions + #1 Contenders / Primary Fighting Style:

HW: Lesnar - Wrestling / Carwin - Striker (at least that's how he actually fights)
LHW: Shogun - Muay Thai / Rashad - Wrestling
MW: Anderson Silva - Muay Thai / Chael Sonnen - Wrestling
WW: GSP - Wrestling / Kos - Wrestling
LW: Frankie Edgar - Wrestling (though he didn't use it recently / BJ Penn - BJJ

Wrestling is far and away the dominant style, at least in American MMA. There's no real penalty for "lay and pray", a cage makes takedowns easier, and judging heavily favors the takedown even if it doesn't result in anything. I've always favored the UFC over Pride or any of the Japanese organizations but I did like Pride's Yellow Card system for fighters that essentially laid on their opponent without attempting to finish the fight, and judging that doesn't favor pointless takedowns.

I'm actually pulling for Brock, even though I can't stand him and I think Carwin is a nice guy. I don't think Carwin could hold on to the title for very long and Champions that can put out a few title defenses bring legitimacy to it all.

MMA is by far my favorite sport and I've been a fan since the beginning, though I will admit I was a teenager and had no real grasp of what the sport was all about during its beginning. I'm happy to see a reasonable discussion taking place here, even if it's about Brock Lesnar :)

CaptainTenacious Game profile

Jun 7th 2010, 19:38:24

Originally posted by kemo:
first one to say kimbo slice owns gets their country farmed

kimbo slice owns :p
~The Saucy Buccaneer~
I drink in moderation.
Moderation being an imaginary place i go to when i drink.

archaic Game profile

Jun 8th 2010, 2:42:15

Lesnar beat Mir badly, but the heavyweight division is probably the weakest one in the UFC (not all of MMA, where it is quite strong).

Keep in mind that Carwin was the NCAA Div II wrestling champ at the same time Lesnar was the Div I champ, so Carwin probably has a better tool kit then any of Lesnar's previous opponents (there is not really much skill difference between the DI and DII champ).

Lesnar is a very solid striker (though not a boxer) who hits hard and has the best G&P in the business. I think that a healthy Lesnar would beat Carwin, but I suspect that Carwin will derail Lesnar. I also suspect that if he loses, Lesnar probably does not have the heart to regain the title.

The money is way better back in the WWE anyway.