Verified:

spoodini Game profile

Oct 8th 2011, 5:24:52

I was thinking of a complete overhaul of the Team Server or the creation of another server. (But I think there are enough servers)

The idea would be to have 5 person teams, however, randomize who is in each team. (ala Utopia) This would create an interesting dynamic in terms of strategy, politics, and social aspects to the game.

There could be forums installed into the game menus where people could work on their internal team politics, while using Team Talk forums for their foreign affair needs.

A lot of people are bored or don't like the current set up of Team Server as one alliance has taken up pretty much the entire server, even people in that one super alliance. This new dynamic would cause people to work together for the common good.

Of course, there would be downfalls. People may not socialize, people may suicide or work towards the common goal, trying to teach new players, people who vacation/quit, etc. If there were a way to vote for someone to be a leader and ways to vote people off the team (who are then sent to another team) I think it would help the internal issues a bit.

Personally, I don't care if it is implemented or not. I don't really play Team Server anymore, it bored me with the large alliances of 5-man tags. It just felt like alliance server so it felt redundant. However, if it were implemented or tried out, I would definitely be one of the users to try this new style.

Of course there were other issues when I was bouncing these ideas off GeneralEarl a few weeks ago, but that was the basics. You guys can work on the rest if you think it's worthy of trying out. Or ask the community, there are some smart people out there.
The person below me is sexy.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 8th 2011, 9:52:26

team is what players make it, there was big war against teams who played like alliances and that stopped teams playing alliance for a while but then came you know who and it reverted back to what it was before war.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

spoodini Game profile

Oct 9th 2011, 5:15:17

That's not the point. The point is to try something different that would completely change the dynamics of the server and the game in general with randomization.

elvesrus

Oct 9th 2011, 5:19:01

now imagine you get stuck in a team with 4 people like fatty
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

spoodini Game profile

Oct 9th 2011, 5:21:59

Well that would be unfortunate. As I said, there COULD be options to vote someone out or just leave yourself. I know I wouldn't like to deal with someone like that for a full set, lol.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 9th 2011, 9:09:14

lol@elvesrus

same team with fatty and 1-2 jerks whole set.

if dies does player get back to same team or other team?

snawdog Game profile

Oct 10th 2011, 19:04:44

Spoodini, as you know, Team Server was meant to be something entirely new..
The concept of 5 man teams is great,it just never got played that way.
So yea, basically we have 2 alliance servers.
ICQ 364553524
msn

Marshal Game profile

Oct 10th 2011, 20:29:36

3 with ffa. primary is (was at earth2025) alliance w/o tags.

spoodini Game profile

Oct 15th 2011, 2:20:06

That's why a randomization of countries into the tag would create something new. Instead of what we already have.

Hey, at least it doesn't have "denied" next to the title yet.

braden Game profile

Oct 15th 2011, 2:37:44

i think this would be a great idea, you could when creating a country pick war or netgain and that would place you as such- then from there complete interaction is up to the five players as it would be. if you want to declare war against a netgaining tag they have to warrant it (certain lgs in a certain time), or against a war tag open season as you wanted to play this style.. encourage warring against those who want it.

or you could simply make tags be able to declare war against each other and close hits against them. if they declare war and not fight each other for no threat of landgrabs or war against them? delete them for abusing how the game is played, you have existing rules for this. When you do this, you effectively stop dbd 1 through 5 doing what they please, or wog/fbi 1-9 or rds old 1 throuh 4 which was considered akin to the killing of jesus

(we won the war marshal, and we don't really care that we did either, as we barely exist again :P)

echlori Game profile

Oct 15th 2011, 9:48:34

I agree, this would be a good change.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 15th 2011, 12:40:59

Originally posted by braden:

(we won the war marshal, and we don't really care that we did either, as we barely exist again :P)

I know your side won since I was on losing side. :P

spoodini Game profile

Oct 17th 2011, 1:31:33

Actually braden, that's not a bad idea to let someone pick what they prefer to do.

crest23 Game profile

Oct 17th 2011, 1:54:58

Originally posted by elvesrus:

I know there are a lot of sickos out there, but do you really think there are four other people like Fatty out there?

Actually I'm sure there are. I would definitely play this if it were implemented.

I don't play alliance-styled games so FFA, Alliance, and Team are no goes for me.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

crest23 Game profile

Oct 25th 2011, 19:24:05

Originally posted by spoodini:
That's why a randomization of countries into the tag would create something new. Instead of what we already have.

Hey, at least it doesn't have "denied" next to the title yet.

I don't think the admins read this.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Rockman Game profile

Oct 25th 2011, 19:30:01

Originally posted by spoodini:
The idea would be to have 5 person teams, however, randomize who is in each team. (ala Utopia) This would create an interesting dynamic in terms of strategy, politics, and social aspects to the game.

I played Utopia. The worst part of Utopia was having idiots for teammates and not being able to do anything about it. I'd rather we renamed our military units into "Faeries" "Elves" "Orcs" etc. than bring back randomized teammates.

spoodini Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 23:34:23

You quit Team server because of the way it is now didn't you?

crest23 Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 23:39:17

I am sexy.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 30th 2011, 0:35:28

Wow, I was excited for a second when I saw here teams were limited to 5 players per. That could be something I'd be interested in. Then I went and looked at the top teams and saw this:

Team Sex Offenders TSO 5 $16,500,006 $3,300,001
Team Sex Offenders TeamSex 5 $16,337,974 $3,267,595
Team Sex Offenders III RuFFSex 5 $16,224,082 $3,244,816
Team sex offenders tSEXo 4 $16,187,122 $4,046,781
team sex offenders 4 SexOFF 4 $15,210,310 $3,802,578

Horsefluff.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 30th 2011, 0:57:18

Honestly, the mods should delete all those players. And let Teams be what it's supposed to be.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

crest23 Game profile

Oct 30th 2011, 5:00:08

I concur.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 30th 2011, 10:36:36

:D To be fair I'd let them finish out their round and announce that next round, the server is 5-man teams, like it was intended to be, and not Alliance Jr.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Oct 30th 2011, 11:20:03

Unfortunately its not currently against the rules to run more then 1 tag
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Marshal Game profile

Oct 30th 2011, 13:24:18

and even if it was against rules it would be easy to circumvent like main tag is xxx and 2nd tag is ooo etc and all tags are pacted to each other and come help in case of war.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 31st 2011, 1:14:43

I know it would probably be hard as hell to do, but you could make that against the rules. If it was explicitly against the rules, I don't think a lot of Earth players really WANT to cheat. No cooperation between separate teams. I don't know, maybe it's impossible but it's just a shame because Teams is based on a unique idea, with the 5 player squads, and it's a shame it's just a 2nd Alliance server instead. =(

TNTroXxor Game profile

Oct 31st 2011, 3:37:03

I see you guys need more friends
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

crest23 Game profile

Oct 31st 2011, 4:59:16

Or just get rid of the server. There are 2 alliance servers.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 31st 2011, 5:06:38

Originally posted by elvesrus:

Now,there's a nightmare scenerio,LOL
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Marshal Game profile

Oct 31st 2011, 21:26:36

bild: even if rules said each team is its own team or something like that those separate teams could still sign formal fdp-pacts between eachothers and wars would be same as now.

1 way to remove alliances from team-server is to randomize teams like spoodini suggests but there's alot cons against that.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 31st 2011, 21:28:40

Outlaw the FDP stuff. If one team feels two teams are working in concert they can fill out a cheater form and get them removed.

If this seems like too much work (and I understand if it does) then yes, just make the teams random. The con would be not playing with friends, and random chance predetermining the top teams, but it would still at least give Teams server a reason to exist.

crest23 Game profile

Nov 1st 2011, 0:30:40

I like the randomize idea. Or Express style GDI at the very least. Make it really worthwhile.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

snawdog Game profile

Nov 1st 2011, 1:37:11

Originally posted by Marshal:
bild: even if rules said each team is its own team or something like that those separate teams could still sign formal fdp-pacts between eachothers and wars would be same as now.

1 way to remove alliances from team-server is to randomize teams like spoodini suggests but there's alot cons against that.

Wrong..It could be made mechanically impossible for more then 1 tag to be at war with another.
Right?
No Team may ab/gs/br/missile/dirty op another without first declaring war,at that time no other Team can hit either,,,Seems simple.

Edited By: snawdog on Nov 1st 2011, 1:42:02
See Original Post
ICQ 364553524
msn

blid

EE Patron

Nov 1st 2011, 1:46:53

Good thinking snawdog.

snawdog Game profile

Nov 1st 2011, 1:51:30

I have brought this up before, i truly think the admins are fine with the status quo for some reason.
ICQ 364553524
msn

spoodini Game profile

Nov 1st 2011, 2:10:27

They are afraid of change!!

blid

EE Patron

Nov 1st 2011, 14:01:38

I just had a terrible idea I felt like sharing: Make it an individual server with individual server rules. All 5 team members then control the same country. All 5 get turns, so everyone needs to play.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 1st 2011, 18:30:43

lol@blid

1 prefers casher, 2nd farmer and 3rd techer.

snawdog: yes if that'd be possible.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 15th 2011, 22:23:54

Originally posted by snawdog:
Originally posted by Marshal:

Wrong..It could be made mechanically impossible for more then 1 tag to be at war with another.
Right?
No Team may ab/gs/br/missile/dirty op another without first declaring war,at that time no other Team can hit either,,,Seems simple.
Bump.. I say do this, AND/or maybe randomize teams.. that would pretty much take care of it.

General Earl Game profile

Nov 16th 2011, 0:12:43

I'd like to see how things would work with random teams. Definitely be more interesting!
General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!

crest23 Game profile

Nov 16th 2011, 0:57:25

TTT
The Nigerian Nightmare.