Verified:

Dragon Game profile

Oct 1st 2011, 1:57:37

Hey man.. I wanna thank NBK for the pact last set. I don't think you guys will wanna pact ESD up this time around though.

It's obvious to me at this point that if we want to be competitive, I gotta let the guys land trade or self-farm or whatever you wanna call it.

I KNOW NBK is dead set against it and I respect that. This past set, ESD didn't do an ounce of self-farming or land trading. While we ended 4th in TNW and 5th in ANW (we would have been higher in ANW but I brought a good friend onboard who'd been in a war set), it's painfully obvious to me that unless we permit self farming and land trading, we're just not playing on the same field as clans like TKO, PAN and Ely.

I'm proud of ESD. Damn proud. Guys doing the best they can with what they've got and doing it damned well. SV is the perfect example. I just don't happen to see a huge distinction between self-farming and tons of FA to boost a country like SV did. Different flavors of the same thing, IMO. And SV kicks ass. Let me make that clear.

We did it your way NBK and did the best we could. Unfortunately, there's no prize for the "best netgaining tag that doesn't self-farm". Just the way it is.

I know in the past, I really fronted a seriously bad attitude with you guys. In part, that's why I made the decision to not allow ESD to self farm and further to not pact anyone who did.

The experiment is over guys. It's just not much fun to KNOW you're not gonna win when you start because you don't play like the rest of the kids.

Anyways, thanks for the pact and GL to you next set and every set after. NBK is good allies.

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Oct 1st 2011, 6:55:20

Dragon thx for the peaceful set and we wish you the best
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

synoder Game profile

Oct 1st 2011, 13:01:06

good luck man :)

ZIP Game profile

Oct 1st 2011, 13:13:13

dragon you are so right - that is why we allow self farming too - to be able to compete for anw and ranking. And i think nbk are good allies to have - they don't go throwing their weight around and acting like a bully. Elysium would stop in a heartbeat if everyone else did, but you will not make rank if you don't.

pact door open to ESD.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Pain Game profile

Oct 1st 2011, 20:54:17

NBK should just self farm for a set. obviously thier anti self farming isnt working to rid the server of it, it has actually dont quite the opposite. the amount of people self farming grows every set. its time to conform NBK, stop being EMO about it :P
Your mother is a nice woman

gambit Game profile

Oct 1st 2011, 20:58:55

we arent trying to rid the server of self farming, we just dont pact self farmers and we dont allow our members to do it... they are free to join a netting tag if they wish to try
Natural Born Killer

Pain Game profile

Oct 1st 2011, 21:01:10

SHUT UP GAMBIT GET BACK IN YOUR CAGE

gambit Game profile

Oct 1st 2011, 21:03:28

fine, i need a nap anyway :P
Natural Born Killer

gambit Game profile

Oct 1st 2011, 21:04:10

oh, and good luck to dragon and esd... but you may see us in your news this set :P
Natural Born Killer

Crippler ICD Game profile

Oct 1st 2011, 22:13:39

btw dragon, gimme my member back *glares*
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

snawdog Game profile

Oct 1st 2011, 22:34:09

FS THEM!
ICQ 364553524
msn

Dragon Game profile

Oct 1st 2011, 23:28:40

Originally posted by gambit:
oh, and good luck to dragon and esd... but you may see us in your news this set :P

I would expect no less. And ya know, you may see US in YOUR news too. Just don't FS us man. It would take you maniacs like 6 minutes to tag kill us. =P

Which member Crippy? DB?

QM Diver Game profile

Oct 2nd 2011, 0:21:50

Dragon..

Thanks so much for your post..

I was SO hoping you could compete with the self farmers and still be contenders when netting. We appreciate the fact that you and your crew gave it a great effort, and stuck to your original plan.

This, alone, goes a long way with us..

Thank you...

We remain one of a very few clans left who have tried everything we know, to sway the majority away from self farming. I hate to admit it, but little by little, one clan at a time, we are losing the war against it.. :O(

Playing without self farming is quickly becoming a thing of the past.. And it's kinda sad, in my book..
It will never be said we didn't go down, in the non self farming trenches, knee deep in blood, fighting for what we believe is right. It is an honor to be side by side in harmony re. the old school fundamentals of this game on the FFA server.. ^5's you and your crew!
I only hope the dynamics of the game aren't affected in a negative way, by this.. In case others aren't aware, this is the main reason we are so adamant about rejecting it in NBK...

May the force be with you and yours, in all your endeavors to succeed!

For now, NBK will earn our land, the old fashioned way.. ;O)

QM

PS. Pain.... We strive to avoid conformance, in many areas..
Dare to be different! @7:^)

Natural Born Killers
PreZ

Popcom Game profile

Oct 2nd 2011, 0:25:34

FFAT posting is to mainstream. no more for me.

wait..

damn it
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

snawdog Game profile

Oct 2nd 2011, 1:17:39

^5's to QM and NBK...Not yet shall we surrender our hard earned acres...and all that it has in history.
ICQ 364553524
msn

synoder Game profile

Oct 2nd 2011, 1:28:43

As long as you self farmers forget to put yourself in DR every so often I will stay happy ;)

snawdog Game profile

Oct 2nd 2011, 1:44:38

Originally posted by synoder:
As long as you self farmers forget to put yourself in DR every so often I will stay happy ;)

Oh..They do forget at times...eheheh
ICQ 364553524
msn

Pain Game profile

Oct 2nd 2011, 5:16:27

what are you gonna do when every self farming tag decides to start enforcing L:L?

oh thats right you would actually enjoy that :P

NOW3P Game profile

Oct 2nd 2011, 7:43:50

Welcome young Skywalker. We've been waiting for you.

Rip It Up Game profile

Oct 2nd 2011, 11:14:19

Thanks Dragon.

Originally posted by Pain:
what are you gonna do when every self farming tag decides to start enforcing L:L?

LOL..gl to anyone who tries to enforce L:L on NBK for self farmers. you just know how thats gonna end.
Pain is weakness leaving the body.
MSN:

ZIP Game profile

Oct 2nd 2011, 12:03:30

L:L - no way. we allow selffarming yes - but even we will fight to keep L:L out.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Popcom Game profile

Oct 2nd 2011, 16:03:21

Originally posted by Pain:

those clans wouldn't be able to net.
this has been tried in FFA before many many times.
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

Dragon Game profile

Oct 2nd 2011, 18:46:25

Originally posted by Popcom:
those clans wouldn't be able to net.this has been tried in FFA before many many times.

EXACTLY right.

To me, self-farming and land trading is using the Easy Button. SO be it. I'm okay with it.

However, if guys are gonna be landpigs and not defend those acres (at least 250TPA), they shouldn't cry too hard when they get popped for 8K land on a grab.

About the ONLY way I can see L:L on a grab would be if an all-jetter did the hit or it was otherwise obvious that someone was just making a point by doing the hit.

Of course, we all know the answer to THAT is a FS that includes that L:L retal. :) Go big or go home.

Twain Game profile

Oct 2nd 2011, 19:08:07

L:L is for special instances, like Dragon said. 1:1 retals is a reasonable check on self-farming.

If I self-farm and someone grabs me for 5k acres when I'm only going to be able to retal for 2k back, sure, it's annoying, but that's the risk I take at getting too fat and not having the turrets to back up the land.

I do wish it was easier to actually defend one's land in this game (with the attacker getting 3-2 on alliances and 50% bonus on PS and the defender getting nothing), but that's why I think the max number of hits between clans is also a good check as well.

The policies that have evolved in this game have offered at least somewhat of a checks and balances situation.

Instituting L:L would either:

a) result in netgaining clans getting into wars they probably don't really want to be involved in, or
b) result in big clans having an additional tool beyond simple size to bully smaller clans.

Neither is really a good thing.

Dragon Game profile

Oct 2nd 2011, 20:40:14

I think one thing everyone has to put into perspective is that poorly defended land is poorly defended land.

It really doesn't matter if I get fat farming myself or every small tag or no tag player in the game so much as it does if I get some defense or not.

While I find shameless bottom-feeding reprehensible, some folks think that is far more honorable than letting the little guys be and self-farming.

DeathOnWingsDOW

Oct 2nd 2011, 22:05:40

SV as in OVERLORDS SV?

snawdog Game profile

Oct 2nd 2011, 22:22:20

Originally posted by DeathOnWingsDOW:
SV as in OVERLORDS SV?

Yes..
ICQ 364553524
msn