Verified:

DeathOnWingsDOW

Sep 29th 2011, 8:48:24

Nice to see a lot of the same faces still around, seems like most of the scrubs got weeded out and the big names of the community stayed to play.

Time for QA session:
*Who runs the servers? Is it still TC's hardware with Pang's maintenance?
*How's the competition? From what I gather, mainly netting with small tags like IMP causing havoc here and there.
*To fluff or not to fluff?

Desperado Game profile

Sep 29th 2011, 11:53:13

qzjul and pang
lotta wars, lotta netting, imp's size is about the average contending clan size, just ignore the two clans over 300 members as they are mostly full of tag jumpers :P
fluff

Originally posted by Primeval:
pants antler

DeathOnWingsDOW

Sep 29th 2011, 15:44:57

How's LaF doing?

*as a community - I see they're still in the ballpark of 60-70 members playing

Also, shot qzjul a message - I see he was last logged in a week ago so hopefully he replies while I'm still around. Might have an ace up my sleeve against multi's once and for all, just as my contribution to this oooold game and the good times :)

Edited By: DeathOnWingsDOW on Sep 29th 2011, 15:49:54
See Original Post

Rockman Game profile

Sep 29th 2011, 16:03:23

LaF is doing well, they have flame wars on AT with Evo all the time.

FFA has a lot of both netting and warring. IMP does its best to be as dishonorable as possible and make as many enemies as possible, and brags about how badly they get beaten down.

Netters on FFA are finally doing a decent job, after a long time of 100m networth being enough for t100 on FFA. Last set and this set have seen a marked improvement of the quality of netgaining on FFA.

The competition still isn't that good on either alliance or FFA because we have so many fewer players than we used to. Top 100 on alliance is still fairly easy for all-explore, and top 25 is fairly easy for anyone with skill who chooses to grab and doesn't get suicided on. In FFA, its still pretty easy to place all 16 of your countries in the top 100 if you want, or to do mass FA to get a t10, so the competition level is much lower here, but there's also far fewer players on FFA than there are on alliance.

ZIP Game profile

Sep 29th 2011, 16:13:20

you don't have to worry bout multies anymore
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Pain Game profile

Sep 29th 2011, 16:47:13

yea they dont need any help with multies. they do a very good job preventing that.

Your mother is a nice woman

jagernacht Game profile

Sep 29th 2011, 18:17:33

Originally posted by Rockman:
LaF is doing well, they have flame wars on AT with Evo all the time.

FFA has a lot of both netting and warring. IMP does its best to be as dishonorable as possible and make as many enemies as possible, and brags about how badly they get beaten down.

Netters on FFA are finally doing a decent job, after a long time of 100m networth being enough for t100 on FFA. Last set and this set have seen a marked improvement of the quality of netgaining on FFA.

The competition still isn't that good on either alliance or FFA because we have so many fewer players than we used to. Top 100 on alliance is still fairly easy for all-explore, and top 25 is fairly easy for anyone with skill who chooses to grab and doesn't get suicided on. In FFA, its still pretty easy to place all 16 of your countries in the top 100 if you want, or to do mass FA to get a t10, so the competition level is much lower here, but there's also far fewer players on FFA than there are on alliance.

lmao... rockman actually got everything right imho... and is being fair about it. i'd have to add there are quite a bit of changes in-game (although as it looks i dont think you will care since you say you may not be around long) such as the removal of the 2b cash limit, re-addition of ghost acres, and new addition of a "points for perks" system (all free of course, clicking on links to support the site )

and DOW, the last serious cheating was caught and deleted about a year and a half ago and for that we were absolutely reamed on AT/FFAT for it. Every round there are deletions, showing they are still on top of it. i doubt they need any help after they proved they could catch a fairly decent setup of multi management...
they call meh juggsy!!!
AIM: juggernautnbk
MSN:
E-Mail:
http://www.LegendsAtEarth.com

DeathOnWingsDOW

Sep 29th 2011, 18:20:53

Good to see you Rockman, been a while. Quite interesting to see who stuck around.

As for the multi's - fascinating, I actually just messaged pang and qzjul about a new way to stop multis. It's great that it's not a problem any more, but I imagine the market is a lot more unstable now. Who's gonna sell all that tech...

Marshal Game profile

Sep 29th 2011, 19:05:37

selling techs ain't problem, problem is to get good price from them.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

NightShade

Sep 29th 2011, 23:08:36

Welcome back.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. Stryke
Originally posted by Bsnake:
I was sitting there wondering how many I could kill with one set of chopsticks

BudsMyBud Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 1:49:46

*pinches DOW's cheek*

:)
BMB
XI Sumfin or other

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 30th 2011, 1:53:20

Hey,I know you! BudsMyBud has always been my Bud! :p long time!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

BudsMyBud Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 2:01:30

Hi KoHearts! :)
BMB
XI Sumfin or other

DeathOnWingsDOW

Sep 30th 2011, 4:24:01

Now there's a face I'm happy to see :) <3

WarTime

Oct 1st 2011, 2:16:53

BudsMyBud Game profile

Oct 1st 2011, 2:23:42

*throws m&m's@ WarTime*
BMB
XI Sumfin or other

DeathOnWingsDOW

Oct 1st 2011, 6:42:02

WHERE IS MICROBUMMY???

~spins~

NOW3P Game profile

Oct 1st 2011, 6:42:55

lololol

Marshal Game profile

Oct 1st 2011, 10:19:38

microbummy hasn't been around a while.

WarTime

Oct 1st 2011, 13:39:39

*eats the 3 m&m's, looks around for the rest of the bag, found it and it's empty :( * Where's the rest of the bag Buds?

Marshal Game profile

Oct 1st 2011, 14:59:03

bmb ate those herself.

ZIP Game profile

Oct 1st 2011, 15:29:35

micro!! great commy player
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Popcom Game profile

Oct 1st 2011, 18:41:07

i miss bummy :(
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

Marshal Game profile

Oct 1st 2011, 19:11:16

he's been coming to irc occasionally but hasn't played since mehul/joltomac time.

DeathOnWingsDOW

Oct 1st 2011, 19:42:03

mm, hopefully he swings by some time and sees this. If I can get the right 4-5 people together heck I'll come back for a reunion set.

ZIP Game profile

Oct 1st 2011, 19:45:33

well get caught up with us - elysium

http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...cation.php?clanID=Elysium

General Earl Game profile

Oct 1st 2011, 20:08:40

Originally posted by DeathOnWingsDOW:

*Who runs the servers? Is it still TC's hardware with Pang's maintenance?

No. qz's hardware, qz, pang and slagpit are the three main developers. They each handle the game development in various ways.

*How's the competition? From what I gather, mainly netting with small tags like IMP causing havoc here and there.

Same as always, it's basically the same game with a new name. (Ok, there's been a number of improvements).

*To fluff or not to fluff?

When in doubt, fluff first, ask questions later.
General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!

NOW3P Game profile

Oct 1st 2011, 20:27:49

They haven't changed the ability to use new nicks in hosting sites to spy on your former alliances, so DOW should be happy.

jagernacht Game profile

Oct 2nd 2011, 4:10:24

don't rat out ZMM... err, DOW... err... keep it breezy guys. As long as i never have to play alongside him it's cool that he's back
they call meh juggsy!!!
AIM: juggernautnbk
MSN:
E-Mail:
http://www.LegendsAtEarth.com

DeathOnWingsDOW

Oct 2nd 2011, 6:54:02

;) Good to see I can stir things up 6+ years and going. Go ahead and judge my 13 year old self, I make no excuses.

@Juggernaut: Not sure what I ever did to you o.0 (Edit: Ah yes, that NBK nonsense I see your contact info now)

P.S: NOW3P, how was it stealing all of my bootcamp threads and reposting them under your nick? I got quite the surprise when I saw copy-pasta of my content under your account name.

Edit: And there was another guy who got really bent out of shape, I think his name was Thunder? I have to say though, the cake of NA leadership was Morwen. What a piece of work (and by that, I mean total fluff). The two senate + llaar were fine but the rest of you guys were tools...

Edited By: DeathOnWingsDOW on Oct 2nd 2011, 7:12:44
See Original Post

General Earl Game profile

Oct 2nd 2011, 7:05:28

Mmm.. pasta
General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!

BudsMyBud Game profile

Oct 2nd 2011, 7:07:52

*sprinkles m&m's on the pasta*
BMB
XI Sumfin or other

DeathOnWingsDOW

Oct 2nd 2011, 7:09:26

There's censorship in the forums now? What ridiculousness...

Edit: Also anyone know of what happened to Dan/ DanTheMan / A13B12 something something was his AIM account?

Edited By: DeathOnWingsDOW on Oct 2nd 2011, 7:33:31
See Original Post

NOW3P Game profile

Oct 2nd 2011, 7:41:17

Not quite sure what you're talking about, but whatever I took from NA was taken with permission. Most of it required a good deal of editing though, so I'm not sure how proud I'd be to put my name on it.

Glad to see you haven't lost that winning charm that won you so many friends last time around.

DeathOnWingsDOW

Oct 2nd 2011, 7:44:08

You took every single post I made in the bootcamp thread, copied and pasted word for word with no modifications, and reposted it under your own account. I remember what I saw, because I was rather shocked - my old bootcamp students came up to me and showed me.

Edit:
NOW3P, I don't want to be friends with you. It's a pity I lost more friends along the way, and I did make some immature decisions. I was 13. Cry me a river.

I'd rather not let this streak of negativity run however, this thread was directed at reconnecting with people I knew and wanted to get back in touch with.

Edited By: DeathOnWingsDOW on Oct 2nd 2011, 7:48:25
See Original Post

NOW3P Game profile

Oct 4th 2011, 2:39:57

Still not exactly sure what you're talking about. If you're talking about NA's site transition where we moved all of the old boot camp material to the new site, then guilty as charged - I can't be fluffed to recreate material that already exists just because it can't be directly transferred between sites.

Had I known it was gonna get your panties in such a bunch, I would have taken credit for it too just to see how deep the wedgie could go.

So relieved I don't have to worry about trying to be friends though - you can't imagine what a huge weight that is off my shoulders.....go ahead, bathe in the sarcasm for a second.

btw - Dan thinks you're a douche nozzle too. Have a nice day.