Verified:

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Sep 27th 2011, 18:08:42

Has anyone made the switch from comast to verizon? Ever since knowing my apt is getting fios capable soon, its been pissing me off that it would be the same price for more channels (190 plus 50 HD channels compared to only 80 channels and no HD). I was wondering because my last experience with Verizon was with DSL, and it sucked donkey nuts. Before i try to switch, im going to call up comast to see if they can offer something similar for the same price, because for a 2 year deal they pretty much closely match it(but i dont want to be held down by a 2 year deal). Its a great thing my apt decided to tell me they were getting fios, i was about to buy a modem to avoid the $7 rent fee from comast! And btw, the modem/router would be free from verzion. BAH i wish they had this already 2 months ago or else i woulda went fios from the start!
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

trumper Game profile

Sep 27th 2011, 18:14:50

Switch. I wish I had fios. Or rather anything than Comcrap.

I recently moved into a new apt that only offers Comcast. Through the course of signing up they have:
-Screwed up the installation dates
-Screwed up the package
-Screwed up sending mail kit despite claiming they did
-Denied previous screwups and blamed me
-Apologized for previous screwups and blaming me
-Incorrectly billed me for 3 installations and 2 sales taxes (there is one flat 5% sales tax for services rendered where I live)
And all through this process continued to try to sell me more products including their service protection plan. I've since discovered tweeting them is the only recourse to actually solve anything.

I'm willing to bet they still screw up my revised bill (at least they admitted it was their fault this time). It's as if they want to be one the worst businesses in America.

kemo Game profile

Sep 27th 2011, 20:24:06

i heard thomas once sayin he was gettin fios. ask him
all praised to ra

ponderer Game profile

Sep 29th 2011, 1:06:23

made the switch a couple of years ago, haven't looked back since.
m0m0rific

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 29th 2011, 1:08:01

i wish i could get FIOS

FIOS is win
Finally did the signature thing.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 29th 2011, 1:08:19

also, cable can't compete with fibre
Finally did the signature thing.

Angryjesus Game profile

Sep 29th 2011, 2:30:27

get fios

voltron Game profile

Sep 29th 2011, 9:54:35

I have fios internet at it is pretty good. Much better then Time warner. Only problem I had is they mess my bill up alot. Suposed to be a fixed bill. They have added charges saying someone authorized this to be added but never a name. So then they issue the credit but it is a pain in the ass. Finally had to PIC the line.

I have Direct TV Hi Def receiver and if fios does what that does you would like it alot. But I think you must make sure you have the receiver and a good TV also. ON the down side my receivers don't shut off their cooling motor even when they are off. So in the bedroom you here a whirling sound all the time.

Bater Game profile

Sep 29th 2011, 21:31:28

I had FIOS when I lived in Pittsburgh, it was awesome. Closest thing to a complaint is no more splitters to run different TVs at once.

kemo Game profile

Sep 29th 2011, 21:50:03

i aint had a single problem with my 30mb dl time warner. its a helluva lot better then that pos verizon air card i had
all praised to ra

Helmet Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 19:02:38

Fios is awesome. I have been down once in 2 years and it only lasted a few hours. I am 25mb up and 25mb down.

kemo Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 20:17:22

ill have googles kids if i can get that internets they testing
all praised to ra

Theseus Game profile

Oct 1st 2011, 3:06:01

I work/have worked for both cable and fios. Having had cable at home all my life I am satisfied with cable, but it really has nothing on fios once you understand the technical aspect of it.