crest23 Game profile

Sep 16th 2011, 11:31:19

Country A is in GDI.
Country B is not.

Country B hits Country A, 500 A
Country A retals Country B, 900 A
Country B RoR Country A, DH
Country A retals Country B 1200 A

Country A gets ABed to the ground by Country B.

Does that sound fair to you? FIX IT!!!

Edited By: General Earl on Sep 27th 2011, 1:25:32. Reason: categorized
See Original Post
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Rockman Game profile

Sep 16th 2011, 13:41:08

Unfairness will always exist no matter how hard we try to stop it.

Country A should have bought more tanks if he was going to hit a country twice, even if both were retals. If someone wants to provoke a war with you, then you will be able to AB/missile them before they do it to you if you're in GDI. Country A should have ABd country B to the ground after the RoR, or just let it go, or got more tanks.

diez Game profile

Sep 16th 2011, 14:23:52

what rockman said.

crest23 Game profile

Sep 16th 2011, 16:51:31

Get more tanks? Are you serious? You cannot be serious! What is the point of the GDI then? This is an obvious flaw. Get rid of the GDI rules then.

Get more tanks. LMFAO! In a game server where someone can wait a day and have 300+ turns your answer is get more tanks. You guys are funny.

Next set, I will wait for a prospective winner and start finding ways around this GDI system. Maybe that will be my new reason for playing Express, find out all the many ways I can get around a country in GDI.

Some play to net, maybe I will play to find ways around the GDI.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

diez Game profile

Sep 16th 2011, 17:15:52

Unlike alliance games, express has no written retal rules.

What if country A grabbed country B for say, 3k acres - while country A only have 3k acres to begin with?

Would country B be satisfied by retaliating country A once for 1k acres at most? Would he take 2 more retals to satisfy the land he had lost? Would that be unfair to country A?

The GDI rule is fine as it is.

Rockman Game profile

Sep 16th 2011, 17:36:58

Why should a country be entitled to being able to retal someone else without risk of being attacked back? What if country A had 10 times as many jets as turrets after diong his retal. Should country B just accept the retal?

In a game server where someone can wait a day and have 300+ turns, your answer is that if someone goes all jets to retal you, you should just suck it up and not have the right to retal back?

GDI doesn't mean that you are entitled to 1:1 retals. If you want to be entitled to 1:1 retals, go play on an alliance based server, and join an alliance that enforced 1:1 retals.

There's nothing inherently fair about 1:1 retals. 1:1 retals are not a game mechanic put in by the administrators as the allowable retals. Retaliating is not risk-free. There is risk associated with it.

GDI is to protect you from people you have never wronged from doing non-beneficial attacks or spy operations on you. It is not there to protect a "right" to 1:1 retals.

crest23 Game profile

Sep 16th 2011, 19:44:16

1. Explain to me what the benefit is for Country B to AB Country A for retalling the retal?

2. If the GDI is not to protect people from such acts then nobody here better get pissed at me for what I will start doing.

I will grab netters in GDI specifically that might have the potential to win just so they can hit me twice and we can tango from there. Like you both said, there ain't no rules in Express.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

crest23 Game profile

Sep 16th 2011, 19:45:44

FYI,

I specifically make it a point to retal people that hit me early in for <100 A. I wait for them to hit close to 10K A and take 1500 A off their hands.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Chaoswind Game profile

Sep 16th 2011, 20:51:40

If then they suck it up, or farm you to the ground.

GDI is there to stop random suicides.

Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

crest23 Game profile

Sep 16th 2011, 20:59:44

Farm me to the ground, lmao. The point is not whether they can farm me to the ground, chances are that ain't happening. The point is making sure the GDI does NOT count for a netting country with the potential to win.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

crest23 Game profile

Sep 16th 2011, 21:00:52

Farm me to the ground, laugh my fluffing fluff off.

Edited By: crest23 on Sep 16th 2011, 21:18:17
See Original Post
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Rockman Game profile

Sep 16th 2011, 22:28:22

crest23 - GDI isn't a "complete elimination of the ability to be a jerk" game mechanic. What you are saying you are going to do is you going out of your way to be a jerk. You won't get deleted for it. But it doesn't mean you aren't being a jerk.

If you want 1:1 retals, go play an alliance server. Don't play on individual servers and expect alliance server policies to be unilaterally accepted.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 17th 2011, 1:19:35

Originally posted by crest23:
Get more tanks? Are you serious? You cannot be serious! What is the point of the GDI then? This is an obvious flaw. Get rid of the GDI rules then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nirvana_fallacy

crest23 Game profile

Sep 17th 2011, 2:12:00

Originally posted by Slagpit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nirvana_fallacy

That's a rather round about way of simply saying your GDI rules for protecting against a suicider can be compromised. What is Express here for if not to test things out. I'll be testing things out.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Chewi Game profile

Sep 17th 2011, 5:18:26

Country A should have ABed Country B after the second hit. If a country hits you twice and you plan on hitting more than once you pretty much have to AB them.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Sep 17th 2011, 5:20:54

Last time i checked, i would like to still think this is a war game =P

suck it up and AB back! there is no correct way of retalling unless rules are set by alliances!

just because the country ingame interactions dont satisfy your image of netting righteousness doesnt mean the non gdi country acted wrongly.

good grief!
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 17th 2011, 8:30:46

lol, this makes me want to play Express again just to find crest and war him.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Sep 17th 2011, 10:37:37

INORITE!?

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

crest23 Game profile

Sep 17th 2011, 12:28:47

The point of this whole thread was to report a "bug" that a GDI country can still be suicided on. Now we have admins, mods, and devs, swinging their fluffs about the place all high and mighty. Can't get dumber than that.

Ok then, let me break it down for you kids before I have to ruin someones set.

Country A is in GDI.
Country B is not.

Country B ABs Country A.

Is this possible? Or does the clock only start ticking after Country A hits Country B twice?

The Nigerian Nightmare.

Chaoswind Game profile

Sep 17th 2011, 13:38:17

That is not possible

But is not what you said it happened.

Country B hits country A for 500 acres
Country A hits country B for 1200 acres
Country B baits country A with a DH
Country A takes the bait and hits B again.
Country B goes wild on A because GDI doesn't protect countries in intended conflict (you hit 2 times, so there is a state of conflict).

Note that noting is a Retal, nothing is a Retal on Retal, all of them are hits, there is no revenge bonus, all attacks are hits, I am sure you can find revenge bonuses in other games, but not here pal.
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

crest23 Game profile

Sep 17th 2011, 15:18:24

This didn't happen to me. I saw it in the news and figured there was a way to screw with the GDI system. That was the point of all this. Good to know though.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 17th 2011, 16:01:25

It is not a bug. If you have a suggestion for improving the express GDI system, go ahead and post it. If you don't have anything to contribute, then stop posting on this board.

Chaoswind Game profile

Sep 17th 2011, 16:40:01

Ok not the right attitude for any of the posters, so let's just agree the GDI is working fine and keep going
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

Rockman Game profile

Sep 17th 2011, 18:09:10

Its not a bug, you apparently forgot how to count to two.

AndrewMose Game profile

Sep 17th 2011, 18:32:46

Last time I won express (the only time, who am I kidding) I had to decide not to retal the 2nd attack by a guy just so I didn't compromise the GDI protection. I have seen Shaney make the same choice. In fact I would guess many people have chosen to not take the 2nd retal.

GDI shouldn't be full proof, if it were than you would eliminate much of the demand for tanks and troops.

On a separate note, I have been suicided on early in the set while under GDI protection and without having made a single attack. GDI doesn't protect against landkills (not that I know a better solution though).

Grimm Game profile

Sep 17th 2011, 19:03:51

So your suggestion remains that you'd like your particular idea of retal policy enforced server-wide after it's been explained to you what the differences between alliance servers and individual servers are?

crest23 Game profile

Sep 17th 2011, 21:14:53

@Grimm, there is a high speed alliance server? I didn't know that, let me go create an account over there.

I only play express, and quite frankly, I don't know if I now would have the patience for any other server.

Take my suggestion for what it is, all I can say is that I now know I have a work around on a GDI country that hits me and I am not satisfied with my retal.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

TheVoices Game profile

Sep 17th 2011, 23:09:28

Allow me to preface this by saying that Crest23 is basing this off of something that happened to me in Express. It's irritating, but I'm not terribly upset.

That said, I do feel that GDI protections could be tweaked to better provide protection for netgainers while still leaving plenty of room for decisions to be made about the necessity of such protection.

It is really easy to game GDI, and force a netgaining player into a situation where they either cannot retal hits against them for fear of being suicided on, or force them to forsake their netgaining by necessitating a preemptive suicide. That isn't right.

I understand some people think this is a war game, but what exactly is the point of GDI if it is so easily circumvented, or even turned into a liability?

Country A is in GDI.
Country B is not.

Country A retals Country B 1200 A

Country A gets ABed to the ground by Country B.

Country B hits me for 500 A, and generates one GDI authorized counterattack.

COuntry A (me) retals. The counterattack charge is consumed regardless of DH or success.

Let's suppose I DH the first retal, but I am insistent upon getting my land back. Or perhaps it was a topfeed, and I want to try to enforce a L:L policy- I retal again, and forsake my GDI protection.

Alloting a GDI protected country one counterattack per attack against them is both fair and reasonable. A player should not have to be forced to part with their land, or preemptively suicide because someone is trying to game the GDI protection.

Edited By: TheVoices on Sep 17th 2011, 23:12:59
See Original Post
wut.

Chaoswind Game profile

Sep 18th 2011, 2:29:00

what about the the 60/40 commies that hit everyone and their mother once?

They have no troops, no tanks, and almost no spies, yet I can't do nothing on them because they are pure jets/turrets, only thing I can do is bait with a DH...
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

TheVoices Game profile

Sep 18th 2011, 2:49:38

What do you do about that? Go heavy jets, watch for the ebb in their NW as their stuff sells, and take your retal.

If they retal your retal, take advantage of the fact that they have no tanks.
wut.