RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Sep 14th 2011, 18:43:26

censorship? what's that?
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Oceana Game profile

Sep 14th 2011, 19:00:26

Its sold here in The US... Its on Amazon.

ZIP Game profile

Sep 14th 2011, 19:05:45

sure we all have our own beliefs about how life began and god, but it is hard - the bible and science just don't =
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

ZIP Game profile

Sep 14th 2011, 19:07:39

i know this is about censorship not religion - but it pertains to what the book is about.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Pain Game profile

Sep 14th 2011, 19:18:57

there must be more to it that they arent stating. its not like there arent a thousand books that make religion look stupid. and even more written about evolution.
Your mother is a nice woman

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Sep 14th 2011, 20:54:07

this isn't really a case of censorship.

The guy isn't being told that he isn't allowed to publish the book, he is being told by the publishers that they aren't interested in publishing it.

Sep 14th 2011, 22:12:00

so, they are supporting him in throwing a tantrum because nobody wants to lose money publishing his works? wish i could throw a million dollar tantrum and get paid to just shut the heck up.

braden Game profile

Sep 14th 2011, 22:18:07

Science and religion dont have to not equate. i believe in god and science and evolution. i beleieve that god creating man and woman out of him is far less impressive than him sitting back and having/letting it happen how it will.
argue the logical fallacy if you like but i think this is an equal compramise for me beleiving in god and having an opposible (spelling is fluff on my phone) thumb and a coccyx.
i was not able to follow the link my phone is fluff so sorry if this hs nothing to do with anything at all, I am more responding to zips comment.. i realize there will be again faults in logic, but im happy with the two of them existing happily

*baptized easter sunday 2011 at 25*

ZIP Game profile

Sep 14th 2011, 22:32:06

i believe in both too

dustfp Game profile

Sep 14th 2011, 22:46:46

I know people, who are otherwise reasonable and intelligent, that would say believing in both is wrong and you're going to hell
That kind of thing puts me off religion completely...
-fudgepuppy
SancTuarY President
msn:
aim: fudgepuppy6988
http://collab.boxcarhosting.com

Sep 14th 2011, 23:31:46

belief is an emotion that may have little to do with reality. does kinda feel good to think you're on the side that will be saved from hell and damnation, or so i've heard.

Drow Game profile

Sep 15th 2011, 1:19:56

My fiance is a scientist at UWA, and a devout Christian. She feels evolution and religion are not mutually incompatible.

Paradigm President of failed speeling

braden Game profile

Sep 15th 2011, 1:26:00

dibs, for a lot of people in this world, their reality has little to do with "reality". many would argue this applies to you :P

dustfp: i would say those people are presuming to know what god wants, and are sinning far, far greater than i am. they should learn the whole judgment aspect of this whole thing, and then open their mouths :(

do you attend church, drow, and will you when you get married assuming she'll still attend? (this has nothing to do with anything but personal interest)

archaic Game profile

Sep 15th 2011, 1:59:04

mythology and science are not compatible - pretending that they are is just a cute way of lying to yourself. The earth is either a 4.6 billion year old ball of rock populated by a bunch of water filled bags of carbon or we are all just a claymation fantasy of an invisible man in the sky. Pretty tough to reconcile those two sides.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

crazyserb Game profile

Sep 15th 2011, 2:16:19

hmmm archaic you are a genious...from now on i shall refer to religon as mythology, thats the only way it makes sense to me

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 15th 2011, 2:17:24

I forget what movie it was, but it had a great quote regarding religion and science...

"Religion and science are telling the same story, just in different languages"

Foobooy Evolution Game profile

Sep 15th 2011, 2:24:47

I refuse

and

Someone not publishing a book is now censorship. The next crazy train leaves tomorrow...TOOT TOOT!

Oceana Game profile

Sep 15th 2011, 8:14:33

Is this about censorship, because someone dont want to publesh a book I'm sure that happens thousands of times a day.

Or to argue about two different Theories, if that the case Religion probably wins out for consistancy, the Evolutionist have re-written their book so many times in the past 10 years never mind my life time. and they just greatly changed it again about 2 weeks ago.

Sifos Game profile

Sep 15th 2011, 8:16:58

God started the current set 6000 years ago!
Imaginary Numbers
If you're important enough to contact me, you will know how to contact me.
Self appointed emperor of the Order of Bunnies.
The only way to be certain your allies will not betray you is to kill them all!

braden Game profile

Sep 15th 2011, 12:37:47

with all of the failed science over the years, I might be lying to myself but at least i'm not lying to everybody else.

Atryn Game profile

Sep 17th 2011, 15:22:46

Heh, I had bought three of his books before I even saw this thread.

This isn't censorship. This is about decisions by several major publishers that the risk of lost sales across their entire portfolio due to a religiously motivated backlash against them as a publisher > the profit opportunity from this one book. Its a basic business decision.

The guy is free to publish his works with any other publisher who sees that equation differently, or to self-publish. Nothing is stopping US libraries or schools (AFAIK) from carrying the book published by a Canadian publisher in our local libraries. Nothing is preventing it from being sold.

He's just using the refusal by some publishers to publish his book to stir up attention and drive sales. In my case, it worked. Without the controversy (which I really ignore) I wouldn't have even been aware there were books published for a young audience on scientific inquiry and skepticism. (this book is about evolution, but his others are more generally about skepticism).

Sep 17th 2011, 16:47:52

Xena killed the Greek Gods for the One God because he wasn't getting enough tribute!

FireFox Game profile

Sep 17th 2011, 17:47:03

In other news, how's that supposedly great health care system up there?

http://www.medpagetoday.com/...uteCoronarySyndrome/18279

The premier of Newfoundland "aka HEAD of Govermnment" comes to the US to have heart surgery

Sep 17th 2011, 18:05:35

dang, what's he like a billionaire? didn't know that Canadiens could afford to pay for our wealthcare...

braden Game profile

Sep 17th 2011, 19:13:25

yep, a person from a piss poor island went to america for heart surgery, SCRAP THE ENTIRE SYSTEM, WE'RE GOING OBAMACARE?!

Sep 17th 2011, 21:09:59

if he's from a piss poor island, how's he going to pay for it? our doctors expect payment for services rendered.

Junky Game profile

Sep 18th 2011, 5:14:33

as long as its not scientology type book.. I have no problems with it :-P
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.