Verified:

elvesrus

Sep 1st 2011, 8:49:54

I know there are at least a couple that are involved with MMA, but don't what style they use.
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Sep 1st 2011, 9:22:17

I know some, but it was mostly just US Army Training. I completed lvl 1, 2 and 3 US Army Combatives courses. Only course I didn't take was the level 4 course. To give you an idea how that works out in the Army. A Battalion has around 600 soldiers, a Brigade around 4000 soldiers and a Division around 20,000 soldiers. Every soldier is required to complete the level 1 combatives course. Every Battalion is required to have one level 2 combatives trained soldier. Every Brigade is required to have one level 3 combatives trained soldier. Every Division is required to have one level 4 combatives trained soldier.

I was my Brigades combatives instructor for around 3 years. I trained probably 25000 soldiers in level 1 combatives during those 3 years.

If I'd guess what belt that would be, it would probably be a purple belt on the cusp of brown belt. At this point though, after being out of training for over 3 years now, I'd probably rank around a blue belt.

Nobody really messes with me anymore these days though, so I enjoy sitting on my ass instead of training everyday. I do miss it though and I still go to the occasional MMA fights around Seattle to watch some of my friends fight.
FFA Server - Paragon of Duality
Alliance Server - Moral Decay

elvesrus

Sep 1st 2011, 9:48:13

nice. I've got some friends that fight down in portland. tyler baley is one of them if you've heard/know the name.

Makinso Game profile

Sep 1st 2011, 9:57:28

Heh I got my blue belt a few weeks back. Basically after a month of doing bjj specifically. Should grab purple in 3 months or so. My backgrounds in MMA, wrestling and judo net me enough to get purple quickly the 3 months is more so a formality then anything else.

diez Game profile

Sep 1st 2011, 10:17:18

BobJoeJim ftw!

ninong Game profile

Sep 1st 2011, 10:22:29

i thought this thread was about blow jobs
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

PapaSmurf Game profile

Sep 1st 2011, 13:08:12

I'm a purple belt in Hwa Rang Do. I have only compeated at Hwa Rang Do Tournaments. I really enjoy the fact that Hwa Rang Do covers many ares of Martial Arts, it doesn't just focus one or two things. Plus it's not watered down like many Martial Arts.

anoniem Game profile

Sep 1st 2011, 13:11:32

ninong earth forums are always a big disappointment, much like your penis.

THAT'S WHAT HE SAID!
re(ally)tired

archaic Game profile

Sep 1st 2011, 19:03:01

ChokMOut (or CMO) has quite a bit of BJJ experience

Here is his blog:

http://ecubjjmma.blogspot.com/
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Pain Game profile

Sep 1st 2011, 23:19:13

edit: clearly overlooked his post lol

Edited By: Pain on Sep 2nd 2011, 1:00:10
See Original Post
Your mother is a nice woman

Silent Sentinel Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 1:19:13

BBJ are as much artists as Subway workers.

Riddler Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 11:19:41

SS is a brilliant BJ artist though!

elvesrus

Sep 2nd 2011, 11:22:24

and you would know this how? ;)

archaic Game profile

Sep 2nd 2011, 15:18:27

its on all the bathroom stalls . . .
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Unsympathetic Game profile

Sep 5th 2011, 11:05:21

I've spent time learning krav maga and shuia chiao.

Makinso Game profile

Sep 5th 2011, 11:54:25

Scodey.

Blue :-P

BJJs belt system is more realistic. Experience and skill seem to have more weight then taking silly exams like in judo or classic karate. Having a lot of ground skill from 8 years of MMA practice I could easily go through blue as I knew most of the techniques involved and could execute them in grappling/bjj competitions. Thus I easily got my blue belt for BJJ.

Purple is requiring me to actually go through new techniques and stuff that's more unfamiliar for me. And I'm probably underestimating what I need for purple still.

iTavi

Sep 5th 2011, 14:56:02

i don't even know what's this... BlowJobJob ?
~

Pain Game profile

Sep 5th 2011, 17:27:45

British Jew Jumping?

wheres KJ at?
Your mother is a nice woman

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 5th 2011, 19:34:20

I gotta admit - I read the title and was thinking Scode was looking for who could give the best hummer around here...

DonKarnage Game profile

Sep 5th 2011, 19:46:46

Billy's Jello Jungle?

DonKarnage Game profile

Sep 5th 2011, 19:48:50

Bareback Jumping Jacks?

DonKarnage Game profile

Sep 5th 2011, 19:49:53

Bilbo's Jazz Jubilee?

Makinso Game profile

Sep 5th 2011, 20:47:03

LoL

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

elvesrus

Sep 6th 2011, 1:46:18

though around this group it would probably be better to refer to it as Gracie Jiu Jitsu

Riddler Game profile

Sep 6th 2011, 11:25:51

there is a difference in BJJ and GJJ

Makinso Game profile

Sep 6th 2011, 20:52:56

What riddler said.

Some big differences.

Riddler Game profile

Sep 6th 2011, 20:54:50

my kids are studying Gracie Jiu Jitsu, except my oldest she is doing Ken Po

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Sep 6th 2011, 22:30:54

There is actually no difference between BJJ and GJJ.

BJJ came from Martial Arts that was actually used by Samurai. When the Samurai were replaced by Modern Age Technology, the Samurai had no other specialty so alot of them began teaching. That is where you get alot of the Martial Arts you see today. Jiu-Jitsu was one of those. And among the Teachers, one thought that Jiu-Jitsu was not being tought in its entirety by the other Ex-Samurai. He wanted to teach the complete art of Jiu-Jitsu, not just the watered down Martial Arts being taught to the English and the Americans.

So he started up a School and began teaching. It wasn't long after he opened up his school that he was politically exiled and he moved to Brazil. While in Brazil, he was hired by Gastao Gracie to perform his Martial Arts in his Circus. During all of this, Gastao Gracie offered him and his family a home on land, in exchange for him teaching his oldest son Carlos Gracie this Art of Martial Arts.

Carlos Gracie passed on what he learned to his 3 Brothers, Oswaldo, Gastao Jr, and George. Gastao's youngest son,
Helio was too young and sick at the time to go through training. Although he was sick, he watched his brothers and learned it.

Helio Gracie is who is commonly refered to as the creator of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Although some say it was Carlos Gracie that taught Helio.

Helio is the father of Royce Gracie (The UFC Fighter and Champion) as well as many other children that all teach BJJ.

On a side note. Helio Gracie Has only lost 2 fights in his entire life. The first was against a man named Masahiko Kimura (The Kimura is named after him) when he was 38yrs old. The second was against a man named Valdemar Santana. Valdemar weighed over 100lbs more than Helio. The fight lasted 3hrs and 42mins and Helio was 42yrs Old.

He then went on to beat Valdomiro dos Santos Ferreira at the Age of 54yrs old. Valdomiro was concidered the most dangerious man alive at that time.

Helio's son, Rorion found the UFC. He created it, as a way to demonstrate there familys Martial Arts skills as it pertains to actual combat. Where size doesn't matter, time limits didnt matter, the only goal was to make someone submit or be knocked out. Royce Gracie fought for the Gracie Family during the first 3 UFC Events. And won 2 of them. The 3rd he had to withdrawl from the championship fight because of dehydration.

Doubt many will read this all, but I think its pretty cool that the US Army basically teaches our soldiers how to be a Samuari. So I enjoy all the history behind it :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_Jiu-Jitsu
FFA Server - Paragon of Duality
Alliance Server - Moral Decay

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 6th 2011, 22:35:33

I came here expecting a BJ artist, and I'm not leaving til someone pays up...

elvesrus

Sep 6th 2011, 23:55:55

I read that, and thanks for correcting me. they always seem to fail to mention that they are different :)