Verified:

Erian Game profile

Aug 26th 2011, 8:27:21

To spice wars and even netgaining up a lot. Why not make the land of a killed country go to the countries involved in killing it, or the tags involved in killing it?

I.e. if MD + SoL kills UCN country Finny's Revenge that has 10000 acres, MD and SoL tag gets land depending on the % of special attacks each put in before the kill.

Detailed example:
MD and SoL has 100 members each. And each tag does 100 BR each to kill Finny's Revenge.
The 10000 acres are split 50/50 over the two tags, giving 5000 acre to each tag, and 50 acres to each live country.

Another option is of course to just give it to the countries involved to promote more attacking on an individual level. I don't know which is easier to program (I realize this involves quite a bit of code). But I think it would be an amazing change to the game. It will make it actually worthwhile to make war, and stop the senseless destruction of precious land involved in every conflict!

Edited By: General Earl on Sep 27th 2011, 2:21:50. Reason: categorized

mold Game profile

Aug 26th 2011, 10:09:45

or leave the land available to grab.

DR resets after death- and special attacks cannot be made (this allows for people in frantic kill runs to still be able to rush, once dead they still get the "sorry this country is dead" message).

countries are still tagged and cover under War DNHs.

Dragonlance Game profile

Aug 26th 2011, 12:47:51

a killer mid war would not want 50 free acres given to them at certain stages as it could negatively effect their techs.

NOW3P Game profile

Aug 26th 2011, 16:09:45

In reverse order...

- I can't see 50 acres adversely affecting tech too much unless it's an EXTREMELY (like, OOP) early war...at which point I'd much rather have the land than the tech anyways.

2. What's to stop other clans from camping news and farming the spoils of war away?

c. It seems to me that the initial idea would add too much incentive to land even more farming of untagged countries in Alliance.

Erian Game profile

Aug 27th 2011, 12:19:01

The whole point of this suggestion is to make war interesting as a struggle for resources. War right now in earth is just about burning everything down and destroy all capability of your opponent. There is no impetus to war to gain resources (which drives many conflicts in the real world and other games). Here we solely war for political reasons (or the pleasure of fighting).

Why not make this a war game for netting as well?

mold:
The whole point is to make the actual action of warring give spoils, not just regular grabbing. Dead countries, especially suiciders, which is another area this suggestion would address, will just get farmed by everyone.

Dragonlance:
Unless you are killing dozens of countries each day, I don't see how this would be critical. You can always drop the land when you start playing, and if you know when your alliance kills(which I assume you do, or you are in a crap tag ;)), you could even drop it as it goes in.

NOW3P:
What makes you say this would give incentive to farm untagged? I'm like??? Do you mean it would give incentive to kill untagged? Please explain.

Chaoswind Game profile

Aug 27th 2011, 13:56:46

incentive to kill untaggeds for no reason...

I like it, but maybe if a formal tag declares on tag war system to avoid people killing untaggeds for no reason
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

koonfasa

Aug 27th 2011, 15:07:51

It would be nice if land from dead countries were free from DR too.

Edited By: koonfasa on Aug 27th 2011, 15:11:16. Reason: There'd be
See Original Post

NOW3P Game profile

Aug 27th 2011, 15:39:23

No Erian, I meant incentive to farm untaggeds...although I guess killing follows suit.

I farm untag A say 10x, untag A retals with missiles/ops/special attacks/whatever, my clan kills untag A and divides up the land.

Happens every set in Alliance without fail, but now there's even more incentive to kill the country that got farmed - although I generally like the idea, I just don't see any great benefit from it.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 27th 2011, 16:27:32

if you grab untagged 10 times then you deserve anything he or she does to you.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Mapleson Game profile

Aug 27th 2011, 16:53:39

I like this suggestion in theory, but if a tag could gain 100% of the land of a country by killing it, things would be decidely less friendly. Why LG through all unit types when you can a a KR against only turrets or troops?

I think this would just encourage gangbanging/dogpiling as fast, uneven wars allow the victors to fully leverage the resources of the vanquished. EVO/LaF/PDM/SoL could team up and kill a 50-member tag every day or two. So the result would be continual server wars or at least David vs Goliath competitions.

Forgotten

Aug 27th 2011, 22:28:59

EVO/LaF/PDM/SoL team

I do not know of a worst combination of hatred/disgust/distaste for each member of the team against the other members of the team.

~LaF's Retired Janitor~

synoder Game profile

Aug 28th 2011, 1:03:30

I think it would be awesome to be able to get their missiles. Now that I think about it, a new op (steal missiles) would be pretty sweet.

locket Game profile

Aug 28th 2011, 9:20:38

Could spice things up and might be perfect with some tweaking...

Chaoswind Game profile

Aug 28th 2011, 14:36:48

Why not instead of land get a cash reward.

60% of the cash on hand
15% of the tech
50% of the bushels
80% of the millitary (as cash, all amounts of MU sold on PM prices)

Like a country value

Is better to kill a breaker or a possible breaker than to kill a restart, and if wee reward those kills, then target selection will become even more important than sheer numbers, and target selection = skill, sheer numbers not
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

Marshal Game profile

Aug 28th 2011, 14:46:51

/me gives chaoswind 60 cents

Erian Game profile

Aug 29th 2011, 9:01:37

I'd like to keep the land in any scheme like this because I think the destruction of land is one of the main things that makes this game weird. It's a war-game and a game about growing the biggest country, but the two can never be combined in one reset. Either you have to be uber-peaceful, or you much fight to the death and be prepared to gain nothing in size.

If we get to play with something like this I'm sure it will shake up the political landscape, but I'm not so sure it will lead to more random killings. If it is more powerful to wage war, the consequences of not being politically and diplomatically adept will also be more severe.

Also, netgaining tags will not necessarily be "forced" to war by war tags, instead it could be a good gamble to get a good finish instead of a certain ruined set.

Lastly, if we keep land in the game instead of letting it get destroyed all the time (I'm even for banning dropping of land at any time), then we could skip or at least significantly nerf ghost acres, and avoid problems with land-trading, without getting a significant shortage of land.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 29th 2011, 19:21:32

eliminate nukes then.

Erian Game profile

Aug 30th 2011, 9:16:37

Nuke are fine IMO. They are of limited supply, and it makes sense that nuked land is unusable for anyone else.

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 30th 2011, 18:55:34

Originally posted by synoder:
I think it would be awesome to be able to get their missiles. Now that I think about it, a new op (steal missiles) would be pretty sweet.

Being able to steal another country's missiles would be awesome. There would need to be some sort of penalty for going over the max missile/acre formula, like civilians dying off because you stole too many missiles and razed their houses so you could have room to put missile silos.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.