Verified:

Ladijapri Game profile

Aug 23rd 2011, 18:37:45

5.9 centered in VA. We felt it all the way up to Connecticut. My office was evacuated.

I blame SOL.
You go away now or we will farm your pimple covered ass!

MR BUTTMAN

Aug 23rd 2011, 18:41:42

my building got evacuated, im on the 6th floor of a building just outside of boston

trumper Game profile

Aug 23rd 2011, 18:51:20

I'm in downtown DC on the third floor of our building and it was shaking pretty noticably here. Everyone was in the streets for a good hour and traffic will blow here because every traffic light is blinking red. Sadly our collective first thought was that it was a bomb.

Assassin Game profile

Aug 23rd 2011, 18:52:50

evacuated here in philly too

Deerhunter Game profile

Aug 23rd 2011, 18:53:28

Obama spoke about it already, claiming that it was "Bushes fault".

Frankly, i am getting tired of him blaming everything on Bush.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

gambit Game profile

Aug 23rd 2011, 18:58:36

i nearly pooped myself
Natural Born Killer

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 23rd 2011, 19:03:18

There is a large man who lives above me, and I'm pretty sure the shaking caused him to fall over making a thunderous noise. That combined with the walls of my fluffty apartment shaking and I thought the roof was coming down.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 23rd 2011, 19:11:28

I was wondering why my couch and tv looked like they were shaking lol.
Nothing serious though.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Ladijapri Game profile

Aug 23rd 2011, 19:16:10

Originally posted by Deerhunter:
Obama spoke about it already, claiming that it was "Bushes fault".

Frankly, i am getting tired of him blaming everything on Bush.

*boot* get off my thread!
You go away now or we will farm your pimple covered ass!

king7012 Game profile

Aug 23rd 2011, 19:27:31

There was an earthquake? I thought i was just drunk enough and the world seemed to be moving back and forth lol

hanlong Game profile

Aug 23rd 2011, 19:36:49

5.9?

here in california we temporary pause and then continue with our lives like nothing happened for 5.9 earthquakes ;P

but for the east coast its all over the news and they evacuated buildings and stuff.

hilarious
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Mapleson Game profile

Aug 23rd 2011, 19:39:50

There have been a number of earthquakes in the last 24 hours. Colorado had some last night as well as a major one on the seabed near Indonesia.

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 23rd 2011, 19:40:03

I felt nothing whatsoever in NW Florida...
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

trumper Game profile

Aug 23rd 2011, 19:41:50

Originally posted by hanlong:
5.9?

here in california we temporary pause and then continue with our lives like nothing happened for 5.9 earthquakes ;P

but for the east coast its all over the news and they evacuated buildings and stuff.

hilarious

In fairness, we haven't had an earthquake that strong in almost 115 years. But yah, it didn't seem that bad.

This weekend it looks like Hurricane Irene will sweep through bringing us torrential down pours.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 23rd 2011, 19:43:10

There actually was some damage:

http://www.grist.org/...the-east-coast-earthquake

hanlong Game profile

Aug 23rd 2011, 19:46:00

Originally posted by Tertius:
There actually was some damage:

http://www.grist.org/...the-east-coast-earthquake

rofl..

but you are right we'd all freak out if a hurricane (or we call it typhoons here since its pacific ocean) hits us.

but it takes at least a 6.5 for californians to talk about an earthquake :P

there's one good thing about this earthquake though. it finally knocked kim kardashian's wedding off the fluffing frontpage of news :P
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Rockman Game profile

Aug 23rd 2011, 19:53:38

I'm in downtown Bethesda (like 5 miles outside of DC), 5th story of an office building. When the earthquake hit, I looked out the window because it felt like a really strong gust of wind, but I hadn't expected any thunderstorms today. When I looked outside and saw no wind, and that it was still sunny, I realized it was an earthquake.

It was longer than a gust of wind shakes a building, and a bit harder, but still pretty similar to it. I've never been in a tall building during a hurricane, but I bet that 60+ mph winds would have shook the building about as much as this earthquake.

I thought it was really silly of them to evacuate the office building I was in, until I realized that it would be foolish to assume that the initial earthquake was the main one, and that a more powerful quake could be coming. Thats the only good reason to have evacuated, because it really wasn't that bad. But I also realized that the people evacuating the building probably weren't thinking about the possibility that the initial quake wasn't necessarily the main one. Their reason is that its DC, so they have to overreact to everything. Its just the culture we have here.

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 23rd 2011, 20:05:49

Something to keep in mind....

The type of rock uderneath the earth is very different on the east coast than on the west coast.

As a result, the damage area, for an equal sized quake is acutally much lager on the east coast than the west coast
Z is #1

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Aug 23rd 2011, 20:23:08

Listen you freaks. We have had 13 earthquakes in Colorado in the last 24 hours. One that I felt, thinking paranormal activity :P

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

trumper Game profile

Aug 23rd 2011, 20:25:26

Originally posted by Rockman:
I'm in downtown Bethesda (like 5 miles outside of DC), 5th story of an office building. When the earthquake hit, I looked out the window because it felt like a really strong gust of wind, but I hadn't expected any thunderstorms today. When I looked outside and saw no wind, and that it was still sunny, I realized it was an earthquake.

It was longer than a gust of wind shakes a building, and a bit harder, but still pretty similar to it. I've never been in a tall building during a hurricane, but I bet that 60+ mph winds would have shook the building about as much as this earthquake.

I thought it was really silly of them to evacuate the office building I was in, until I realized that it would be foolish to assume that the initial earthquake was the main one, and that a more powerful quake could be coming. Thats the only good reason to have evacuated, because it really wasn't that bad. But I also realized that the people evacuating the building probably weren't thinking about the possibility that the initial quake wasn't necessarily the main one. Their reason is that its DC, so they have to overreact to everything. Its just the culture we have here.

Did you at least get Bethesda Bagels for lunch? That stuff is awesome.

Klown Game profile

Aug 23rd 2011, 20:43:48

I swore I felt shaking in Atlanta but no one else said anything so I figured I was crazy. Then I heard about the quake up north, so I think I definitely felt it here.

Angel1 Game profile

Aug 23rd 2011, 20:54:51

Well, the lights flickered when I was at the Sandwiche Shoppe, but I don't think that was Earthquake related.
-Angel1

sigma Game profile

Aug 23rd 2011, 21:02:17

@Klown: There's been reports of people feeling it in Atlanta. I heard it on the fish.

Jack-m9 Game profile

Aug 23rd 2011, 21:14:10

it was kemos ass gas that triggered it i heard!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 23rd 2011, 21:17:25

Originally posted by sigma:
@Klown: There's been reports of people feeling it in Atlanta. I heard it on the fish.

Is "the fish" a radio station in Atlanta or are you listening to a fish?
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

locket Game profile

Aug 23rd 2011, 21:20:31

He was on the fish at the time... clearly he was riding some sort of salmon.....

Angel1 Game profile

Aug 23rd 2011, 21:32:26

Did you hear about the Colorado earthquake?
-Angel1

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Aug 23rd 2011, 21:52:35

Originally posted by Angel1:
Did you hear about the Colorado earthquake?

Did you not read what I wrote above?

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 23rd 2011, 22:21:40

Originally posted by galleri:
Listen you freaks. We have had 13 earthquakes in Colorado in the last 24 hours. One that I felt, thinking paranormal activity :P

*haunts Gallery*
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Galandy Game profile

Aug 23rd 2011, 22:23:00

i was just told about this and thought i was just having muscle spasms on the couch. Cant believe we felt it up in the great white north
<[FBI]ZEN> Which is funny...because I am Spanish and Native American mixed....which means I am a Mexican....
<Galandy>move to canada ZEN everyone else does
<[FBI]ZEN> And breed with a Quebecian
<[FBI]ZEN> To make the ultimate snob/migrant worker

Unsympathetic Game profile

Aug 23rd 2011, 22:30:24

I work on an 8th floor in Baltimore. At first I thought it was a combination of the wind and the building maintenance guys being way too enthusiastic about their work, and then the sound didn't stop.

BobbyATA Game profile

Aug 23rd 2011, 22:56:51

I was driving in DE at the time and didn't feel a thing:(

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Aug 24th 2011, 0:38:20

I was at work, less than 20 miles from the epicenter (I live and work in Culpeper, Va.). At first, it felt like a big train was going by, then it got really violent for about 20 seconds, like it was gonna throw me out of my chair. I exited the building promptly. ;P Outside, the glass around the showroom looked like a bowl of jello it was shaking so much. None broke. The local middle school is rubble, according to the radio, and the first day of school tomorrow is cancelled county wide.
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

jre786 Game profile

Aug 24th 2011, 0:40:49

felt it in laurel, MD. first thought was that it was a nuke and that I was a dead man...

nicholas Game profile

Aug 24th 2011, 1:11:05

o.0

Thomas Game profile

Aug 24th 2011, 1:18:51

In NY it didn't feel like anything. My bed was vibrating I was wondering wtf was going on, but that's it. Of course everybody on Facebook had to post the same stupid "did you feel that Earthquake" ..... read the news feed before you post a status, assholes

Ruthie

Aug 24th 2011, 1:26:37

I was at work in Chester Springs PA and my chair was shaking. I thought someone snuck up behind me and was playing a joke at first

The only damage suffered here at home was my Chase Utley doll faceplanted on the living room floor, lol
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Nekked Game profile

Aug 24th 2011, 1:37:38

115 years since the last one on the east coast? no wonder I don't remember it 114

Ruthie

Aug 24th 2011, 1:50:54

nah, we had one about 7 years ago here, just not as large as todays
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

hanlong Game profile

Aug 24th 2011, 2:16:17

another thing for you east coasters. you don't exit your building when a earthquake comes, you duck and cover underneath a desk or some furniture or hold on to something steady if you can't duck and cover... the worst thing you can do is to bolt for the door and run out

i saw how people just run out like maniacs and taking elevators and stuff

so classic ;P
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Foobooy Evolution Game profile

Aug 24th 2011, 3:30:54

I never knew some people at the office could move that fast! Bug-eyed and slightly crazed, I was semi-sucked into the flow of the fleeing.

Marco Game profile

Aug 24th 2011, 4:14:45

I have some sad news, today during the earthquake, I died.

Marc you were a good dude, you will be missed.

r.i.p. Me

DonKarnage Game profile

Aug 24th 2011, 8:07:04

Statistically speaking, the best thing to do is get underneath something harder than your own skin.

Xinhuan Game profile

Aug 24th 2011, 8:14:10

Well IScode, if the building is going to collapse, you have a higher chance of survival under a desk than out in the open corridor/stairs/lifts.

Marco Game profile

Aug 24th 2011, 8:20:34

from what I saw, you should look for the triangles!

Marco Game profile

Aug 24th 2011, 8:23:06

Sifos Game profile

Aug 24th 2011, 9:24:32

OMG NEXT IS TSUNAMI, THEN NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS OMG OMG JUDGEMENTDAY IS COMMING!!!!1
Imaginary Numbers
If you're important enough to contact me, you will know how to contact me.
Self appointed emperor of the Order of Bunnies.
The only way to be certain your allies will not betray you is to kill them all!

Marco Game profile

Aug 24th 2011, 9:29:30

I judge everyday

hanlong Game profile

Aug 24th 2011, 9:37:58

i mean if you are going to die, you are going to die ;P

running out decreases your chances of survival.
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Pain Game profile

Aug 24th 2011, 9:55:06

japri, im in central CT and all my friends felt it in the surrounding cities but no one i talked to from my city felt anything lol. kinda disappointed i never felt an earthquake before :(
Your mother is a nice woman