Verified:

mrford Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 19:41:04

thought id bring up some oldies

HOW MANY SEC STUDENTS DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A LIGHT BULB?

At VANDERBILT: It takes two, one to change the bulb and one more to explain how they did it every bit as good as the bulbs changed at Harvard.

At GEORGIA: It takes two, one to change the bulb and one to stabilize the rolling beer cooler the bulb changer is using for a ladder.

At FLORIDA : It takes four, one to screw in the bulb and three to figure out how to get stoned off the old one.

At ALABAMA : It takes five, one to change it, three to reminisce about how The Bear would have done it, and one to throw the old bulb at an NCAA investigator.

At OLE MISS: It takes six, one to change it, two to mix the drinks and three to find the perfect J. Crew outfit to wear for the occasion.

At LSU: It takes seven, and each one gets credit for five Semester hours.

At KENTUCKY : It takes eight, one to screw it in and seven to discuss how much brighter it seems to shine during basketball season.

At TENNESSEE: It takes ten, two to figure out how to screw it in, two to buy an orange lampshade, and six to phone a radio call-in show and talk about how much they hate Alabama.

At MISSISSIPPI STATE : It takes fifteen, one to screw in the bulb, two to buy the Skoal, and twelve to yell, " GO TO HELL, OLE MISS".

At AUBURN: It takes one hundred, one to change it, forty-nine to talk about how they did it better than at Bama and Georgia, and fifty to get drunk and roll Toomer's Corner when finished.

At SOUTH CAROLINA : It takes 80,000, one to screw it in and 79,999 to discuss how this finally will be the year that they have a decent football team.

At ARKANSAS : None. There is no electricity in Arkansas .

and

Planning for the fall football season in the South is radically different than up North. For those who are planning a football trip South, here are some helpful hints.

Women's Accessories:
NORTH: Chap Stick in back pocket and a $20 bill in the front pocket.
SOUTH: Louis Vuitton duffel with two lipsticks, waterproof mascara, and a fifth of bourbon. Money not necessary - that's what dates are for.

Stadium Size:
NORTH: College football stadiums hold 20,000 people.
SOUTH: High school foot ball stadiums hold 20,000 people.

Fathers:
NORTH: Expect their daughters to understand Sylvia Plath.
SOUTH: Expect their daughters to understand pass interference.

Campus Decor:
NORTH: Statues of founding fathers.
SOUTH: Statues of Heisman trophy winners.

Homecoming Queen:
NORTH: Also a physics major.
SOUTH: Also Miss America .

Heroes:
NORTH: Rudy Giuliani
SOUTH: Herschel Walker & Peyton Manning

Getting Tickets:
NORTH: 5 days before the game you walk into the ticket office on campus.
SOUTH: 5 months before the game you walk into the ticket office on campus, make a large financial contribution, and put name on a waiting list for tickets.

Friday Classes After a Thursday Night Game:
NORTH: Students and teachers not sure they're going to the game, because they have classes on Friday.
SOUTH: Teachers cancel Friday classes because they don't want to see the few hung over students that might actually make it to class.

Parking:
NORTH: An hour before game time, the University opens the campus for game parking.
SOUTH: RVs sporting their school flags begin arriving on Wednesday for the weekend festivities. The really faithful arrive on Tuesday.

Game Day:
NORTH: A few students party in the dorm and watch ESPN on TV.
SOUTH: Every student wakes up, has a beer for breakfast, and rushes over to where ESPN is broadcasting "Game Day Live" to get on camera and wave to the idiots up north who wonder why "Game Day Live" is never Broadcast from their campus.

Tailgating:
NORTH: Raw meat on a grill, beer with lime in it, listening to local radio station with truck tailgate down.
SOUTH: 30-foot custom pig-shaped smoker fires up at dawn. Cooking accompanied by live performance from the Dave Matthews Band,... who come over during breaks and ask for a hit off bottle of bourbon.

Getting to the Stadium:
NORTH: You ask "Where's the stadium?" When you find it, you walk right in.
SOUTH: When you're near it, you'll hear it. On game day it is the state's third largest city.

Concessions:
NORTH: Drinks served in a paper cup, filled to the top with soda.
SOUTH: Drinks served in a plastic cup, with the home team's mascot on it, filled less than half way with soda, to ensure enough room for bourbon.

When National Anthem is Played:
NORTH: Stands are less than half full, and less than half of them stand up.
SOUTH: 100,000 fans, all standing, sing along in perfect four-part harmony.

The Smell in the Air After the First Score:
NORTH: Nothing changes.
SOUTH: Fireworks, with a touch of bourbon.

Commentary (Male):
NORTH: "Nice play."
SOUTH: "Dangit, you slow sumbetch - tackle him and break his legs."

Commentary (Female):
NORTH: "My, this certainly is a violent sport."
SOUTH: "Dangit, you slow sumbetch - tackle him and break his legs."

Announcers:
NORTH: Neutral and paid.
SOUTH: Announcer harmonizes with the crowd in the fight song, with a tear in his eye because he is so proud of his team.

After the Game:
NORTH: The stadium is empty way before the game ends.
SOUTH: Another rack of ribs goes on the smoker, while somebody goes to the nearest package store for more bourbon, and planning begins for next week's game.

Nothing else in the universe comes even halfway close to the glories of Southern football!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Detmer Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 20:03:30

Detmer (North): Always college football season
Ford (South): Doesn't notice until fall practices start

Just sayin...

Ok, I am an anomaly and I don't consider ford to be a true SEC football fan.

Most of those are sadly true.
(although the one about stadiums is wrong... you just need the one about the national anthem for context). It is true that most northern fans/schools pale in comparison to most southern fans/schools.

mrford Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 20:14:56

fluff, i always follow college football. i just post this now because play is about to start up!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Detmer Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 20:16:41

Originally posted by mrford:
fluff, i always follow college football. i just post this now because play is about to start up!

Then we should talk more because I have a hard time socializing with people because all I know to talk about is college football.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 20:19:04

thought they were still locked out... bummer.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

mrford Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 20:23:11

you cant be that stupid
Swagger of a Chupacabra

sigma Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 20:37:45

Originally posted by mrford:
you cant be that stupid

No kidding. It was all over the news that the lock out was lifted =\

mrford Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 20:38:16

and that the lockout was for PROFESSIONAL football? not college?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

trumper Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 20:42:00

The lack of rowdy fans certainly doesn't apply to my alma matta, Maryland. What we lacked in football prowess, we made up for in rioting.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 13th 2011, 2:31:30

Penn State ruins most of those North/South jokes... though I am a SEC fan through and through.

Shinigami Game profile

Aug 13th 2011, 2:32:37

I can pretty much attest to every single one of those football in the South tropes being accurate.

Twenty more days... I'm already wreck waiting for it.

/thought Fordy was a UNC fan

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 13th 2011, 6:26:59

Due to the NFL lockout, Dozens and Dozens, of NFL players spent their summer in Norman Oklahoma, inspiring the college guys to work out as they have never before...and teaching them tips and things they've learned during their NFL time.

I am PUMPED....about this year...Best work ethic they've seen ever...
Z is #1

mrford Game profile

Aug 13th 2011, 7:01:04

i am a UNC fan, however when it comes to football, im a UF fan

UNC football is cool and all, but we are 100% fluffed this year, do GO GO GADGET UF
Swagger of a Chupacabra

sigma Game profile

Aug 13th 2011, 9:10:34

That explains the man crush on Tebow.

Shinigami Game profile

Aug 13th 2011, 14:13:41

There were a number of NFL Gators spending their lockout time back in G'ville as well, doing drills in the swamp with some of their teammates. One can hope it might have rubbed off on some of the current players.

/looks at Brantley

*sighs*

Deisal Game profile

Aug 13th 2011, 17:18:02

I knew there was a reason I avoid these boards, its infested with gators...

On a related note...

The Florida Gators football practice was delayed nearly two hours today after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the practice field. Head coach Will Muffcramp immediately suspended practice while police were called to investigate. After a thorough analysis, experts determined that the white substance previously unknown to players was in fact the GOAL LINE. Practice resumed after authorities decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again.

Shinigami Game profile

Aug 14th 2011, 17:35:11

Well, lets see. Off the top of my head we use to have

Tbody
Marlex
Castjon
Nipity/Rook
LoP
Enigma
CaptainCrunch
Myself

And I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting, all UFers.

aliyah Game profile

Aug 15th 2011, 2:19:57

Ha. Love it. Can't wait for the fun to begin again!
ALIYAH
TINY BUT MIGHTY!
HEAR ME RAWR!

LCN Spellchecker in training

trumper Game profile

Aug 17th 2011, 14:49:28

sigma Game profile

Aug 17th 2011, 16:35:04

You know things aren't going your way when the best you can do is pay Jacoby Harris to play for you.

Angel1 Game profile

Aug 18th 2011, 4:45:47

This year's College Football season is probably going to be as known for general NCAA drama as for the football itself. My team (Ohio State) is set to officially vacate all 2010 season wins. The University of Miami (Florida) faces a possible death penalty (shutting down their football program for a season or more). What this past year is really showing is that for the biggest sports programs in the nation are far too venerated for athletic success.

As much as I like my college sports teams (Ohio State, Cincinnati, Xavier, and MTSU), all of the universities need to take long hard looks at their systems to prevent violations in the first place. Part of the solution may well be to relax some NCAA rules in an effort to preserve the remaining rules far better than would seem right at the moment.

I just want Ohio State to win their game against Michigan (they've also had violations recently) this season and to settle their rules violations. They need to come out and simply say no more.
-Angel1

Junky Game profile

Aug 18th 2011, 4:52:55

FIGHTING ILLINI!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

trumper Game profile

Aug 18th 2011, 14:12:48

The NCAA seemed tougher before. Ergo the Len Bias experience. My alumnus, the Terps, got pummeled in the aftermath of the Bias bit. It seems these days like you get the same penalty if 60 players are breaking all sorts of laws and rules. Im not sure they can relax the rules much more.

legion Game profile

Aug 18th 2011, 14:33:44

Gators smell like cat poop..

Roll Tide, War Eagle, Go Troy
Nobody puts baby in a corner

mdevol Game profile

Aug 18th 2011, 15:56:14

really? roll tide, and war eagle in the same sentence? thats sacrelig.

As for Ohio State, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Go Blue!
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

TheORKINMan Game profile

Aug 18th 2011, 15:59:49

Florida State will be in the championship game this year due to starting at #5 and playing in the cupcake ACC where they will have two literally automatic wins against teams that will have to forfeit UNC and Miami :P
Smarter than your average bear.

trumper Game profile

Aug 18th 2011, 16:04:28

Originally posted by TheORKINMan:
Florida State will be in the championship game this year due to starting at #5 and playing in the cupcake ACC where they will have two literally automatic wins against teams that will have to forfeit UNC and Miami :P

Lucky your 10/22 game is in Tallahassee (which I am probably misspelling) and not College Park. We came pretty close last year.

FSU's big problem will be Oklahoma who is also in a national championship hunt.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 18th 2011, 16:38:02

<----- Now lives in Florida... GO GATORS!!!!!!

Still Loves NAVY.

GO NAVY, splash army!

I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

TheORKINMan Game profile

Aug 18th 2011, 16:54:56

Everyone in the state of Florida realizes that Gator fans are the most obnoxious jean short wearing, spit food in your face while they are talking because they crammed too many nachos in their mouth at once, jackassses around. Don't cheer for them.
Smarter than your average bear.

Trife Game profile

Aug 18th 2011, 18:33:56

go hokies!

trumper Game profile

Aug 19th 2011, 16:26:57

Originally posted by Trife:
go hokies!

William and Mary.

Shinigami Game profile

Aug 20th 2011, 13:02:16

Originally posted by TheORKINMan:

Get past Oklahoma first and then you might have an outside shot.

Oh, and vacation only counts if you win and has no positive affect on the loser. If Miami or UNC wins those games they may have to vacated them at some point but FSU still gets the loss.

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Aug 21st 2011, 14:34:43

Go Utes!!!!
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

willm Game profile

Aug 21st 2011, 14:40:46

Utes?

Detmer Game profile

Aug 21st 2011, 15:46:11

Originally posted by willm:
Utes?

Utah

Lord Slayer Game profile

Aug 21st 2011, 19:11:16

Badger fans may show up late to the game, but thats usually because they've gotten too drunk and couldn't tell what time it was.

Detmer Game profile

Aug 21st 2011, 19:44:47

Originally posted by Lord Slayer:
Badger fans may show up late to the game, but thats usually because they've gotten too drunk and couldn't tell what time it was.

I've been to a few Badger games and at the Minnesota-Wisconsin game last year I took photos of the student section at various points in the game. It was pretty sad. Basically didn't start filling up until near half time and after Jump Around it started clearing out. Sad sad sad =P

Shinigami Game profile

Aug 21st 2011, 21:12:53

What the hell kind of world do we live in where we can no longer talk about football on AT? I call bullfluff.

Junky Game profile

Aug 21st 2011, 22:43:07

anyone puting their vote in for Miami?? buahaha
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.