Verified:

legion Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 3:38:51

<3
Nobody puts baby in a corner

Dragonlance Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 4:11:14

lol sorry i can't stop trolling the poor guy:p

i'm going to take it upon myself to play the extreme liberal in every one of his threads just for fun:p

Dragonlance Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 4:33:38

Maybe America is different to Australia because i feel like alot of what you say just isn't true/has no relevance to us?

Terror Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 13:19:34

Australia certainly has some benefit from physical isolation, but issues will still affect it--sometimes less severely and sometimes with a delay, but Australia doesn't stand totally alone.

Havoc Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 16:08:18

something something dirty criminals
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Terror Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 17:30:53

Watertowers will love this: Australia is such a successful demonstration of a society built on criminals that the whole of Earth should use it to set up first a Lunar and then a Martian penal colony and let criminals die in pursuit of making it livable for future generations.

The criminals who survive end up as heroes with all debts to society paid. I bet prisoners all over the world would line up for the chance to make a real difference instead of just rotting away doing nothing while costing society a ton of money.

Detmer Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 17:38:41

Originally posted by Terror:
Watertowers will love this: Australia is such a successful demonstration of a society built on criminals that the whole of Earth should use it to set up first a Lunar and then a Martian penal colony and let criminals die in pursuit of making it livable for future generations.

The criminals who survive end up as heroes with all debts to society paid. I bet prisoners all over the world would line up for the chance to make a real difference instead of just rotting away doing nothing while costing society a ton of money.

Yes, he will love that.

legion Game profile

Aug 6th 2011, 2:42:48

*waiting*

Terror Game profile

Aug 7th 2011, 17:53:20

That is indeed true (in my opinion). My point was that a lot of people who end up as criminals in an established society also prove to be the most resourceful and hardy people when placed in a frontier type environment. Some people tend to thrive "when coloring outside the lines" is rewarded.

I bet Legion could provide some good primary source type reinforcement to my claim ;-)

legion Game profile

Aug 8th 2011, 1:28:33

I resent that Mike

Terror Game profile

Aug 8th 2011, 1:47:45

Wow, sorry. I didn't mean to offend you. Actually it's one of the things I admire most about you. Only an idiot would condemn you for your unusual nature.

legion Game profile

Aug 8th 2011, 3:26:41

Your comment just leaves a lot open for one to decipher according to thier own bias

Terror Game profile

Aug 8th 2011, 4:09:26

That was intentional. It is not my place to discuss anything about your life in this medium except for the vague reference I gave. Those who would choose to draw out your conversation or message you might do so, and you can answer or not at your liberty.

I suspect the vast majority of people would not care one way or the other. It doesn't seem that you would be too vane on these forums. There is little doubt you have both friends and enemies present. Neither will likely change their points of view based on what I said. Those who are undecided but curious should educate themselves. For absolute clarification for those who are still uncertain, I'd wish to be counted among your friends.

It's true that not everyone would appreciate a friend like you, but I definitely do. I'd even venture to say I have higher regard for you than anyone else I have never spoken to face to face, and a good deal higher than most people I have met face to face.

legion Game profile

Aug 8th 2011, 14:33:40

Fair enough I suppose, friend.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 16th 2011, 23:35:55

I would volunteer to be in a situation to establish a new colony on Mars if the government was paying the freight to get the ball rolling, I wouldn't care if they used it for criminals as the British did with Botany Bay. I'm OK with that.

I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Terror Game profile

Aug 17th 2011, 2:52:47

Yeah, it would be expensive as all getout, but I think in the end it would pay for itself in the new options it opened up for all of humanity.

Chadius Game profile

Aug 17th 2011, 5:31:57

Just use George Carlin's idea. :)

http://videosift.com/...lin-on-State-Prison-Farms

LAF

Terror Game profile

Aug 17th 2011, 12:24:45

It's certainly amusing, but of course those states are taken by people that would of course have strong objections to leaving.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Sep 27th 2011, 22:47:45

uh, which thread do i post on George? uh, which way did he go George?
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 28th 2011, 22:20:49

Mars will never be colonized. One of its moons is much more likely. If it ever happens, it will either be done several hundred years from now, or as a last ditch effort to preserve the human race.

Terror Game profile

Sep 29th 2011, 2:06:27

Mars' moons are not big enough to actually do anything useful. I'm more optimistic about the planet itself. I agree it would not happen because it could be profitable, but if humans are to reach into the broader reaches of space, we have to start somewhere, and Mars is the next logical step after the moon.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 30th 2011, 12:19:45

Two threads for Watertowers. What's up with that?
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 15:33:57

probably something to do with genetics. they want him to think that both his parents are upset with him... dunno.

we're going back to Mars? oh, i'm thinking of Doom 3. Mars is scarey man. you don't wanna go back there.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 22:04:15

What about NASA's program to explore colonizing Io Terror? I'm no expert in the field, so have no idea if it's even a relevant program, but it seems at least NASA feels that it has potential.