Verified:

Phinnster Game profile

Jul 30th 2011, 23:04:44

It's so nice to see that my favorite online game has been reincarnated.

I was wondering if you fine people might be able to answer a few questions for an oldtimer:

1) Has the game been changed at all? Do the old Commie/Indy; Demo/farmer; Rep/Casher, etc.. strats still work?

2) What happened to TC? I only see PAN and MIA here. Where did Swords and USimp go? What happened to TF? I'm guessing no more Dwar,ICD and/or TSE?

3) Is Utopia making a comeback too?

4) Does Imp still suck? I see Primmy is still here so I guess that would be a yes.

5) I haven't played 1A since Peki talked me into it a looooong time ago, do all the losers still hang out there?

6) Has anyone heard from my buddy Thorndike lately?

KeTcHuP Game profile

Jul 30th 2011, 23:08:10

1) yes all work. Comies stronger then before. Demo farmer doesnt work well, its rep farmer for all x, fasc farmer for stocking, dict/ty farmer for generating ghost acres

2) New FFA Fresh start for all. Swords came back but TKO killed them off for good. USIMP hasnt eben in FFA that i recale, nor has TF. I think some ICDers are in Focus. TSE isn aroudn either.

3) Maybe, who cares

4) yes.

5) yes.

6) Not personally.
Ketchup the Thoughtful Suicidier

Jade Penn Game profile

Jul 30th 2011, 23:45:45

the last rebel from DWAR checking in.

NightShade

Jul 31st 2011, 0:26:43

As far as old TC goes:

SworDs got killed by TKO. Gateway restarted USIMP, but that lasted one set. Matthias was tagged United Paradigm (UP), I think he's in FoCuS with Mars. IMP was TC a decade ago, does that count?

Of the old TC clans, PANLV and MIA are here. No MPE, NHDP, or BOD.

Jade Penn here was tagged DWAR a set or two ago. No RAGE either.

Svejk brought TSE back for a set, and I think that was the extent of that.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. Stryke
Originally posted by Bsnake:
I was sitting there wondering how many I could kill with one set of chopsticks

Twain Game profile

Jul 31st 2011, 0:31:44

I was gonna give a full response, but Ketchup pretty much did so.

As he said, most of the main strats still work, there are a few that are decent, but it's mostly the same basic strats. Some have either gotten stronger or weaker.

PANLV has been around pretty much the whole time, but we're simply quiet netgainers now and there's just a few of the old time PANLVers there (Havoc and Juusto, two of our leaders, are the most notable).

Mercs just came back and had a monstrously good set for ANW. Swords was back for a few sets, but weren't anything like they used to be. PoD has 1-2 of the main Swords members from before they disbanded. Crippler of ICD runs FoCuS. Several of the USIMPers that have come back have joined PANLV, but even most of them have lost interest and quit, so I don't think there's a very strong USIMP presence. TSE was around for a set or two, but not run by Peki. That was many sets ago, so they've been long gone.

1a is still the silly haven for people who believe in L:L and farming untaggeds/small tags into oblivion. Of course, sometimes people here just kill off those same people.

Generally, things are somewhat similar, but we have an administrative team that actually cares about the game and makes improvements.

Well, lookie there. Apparently I can't shut up, as I thought this was going to be a short post. :P

Bsnake Game profile

Jul 31st 2011, 0:36:46

allo allo...

lots of improvments to the game, game admins are doing a great job, its like how the game should of been years ago.
<bsnake> 68,270,386 turrets whats that in NW??
<Crippler> 115m NW
<Bsnake> 38 mill NW nub... thanks for your netting advice.. Stick to killing nub

Crippler ICD Game profile

Jul 31st 2011, 2:39:19

phinnster!
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Pain Game profile

Jul 31st 2011, 4:20:47

<<<< Ex-TSE
Your mother is a nice woman

JJosh Game profile

Jul 31st 2011, 4:38:05

allo allo...

lots of improvments to the game, game admins are doing a great job, its like how the game should of been years ago.

Totally agreed, and very appreciated.
FFA ~ Ares
Alliance ~ SoL
#JJosh on your server

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jul 31st 2011, 5:34:12

Twain has made me angrier. I demand apologies.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Jul 31st 2011, 7:29:37

1) Demo Farmer, not so much. Rep/Farmer --> Fasc/Farmer --> TMBR seems to be a good strat. Commie Indy has gotten better. TTR still works. Rep/Casher still works.

2) Nobody wants to see Coalitions return to the game. So you won't see TC or TF again. PANLV, FoCuS and KA tried for 1 set, that didn't go so well for them. Swords returned for a few sets. Gangbanged by KA and PANLV in one set. Warred SancTFFA in another set. Warred Xtinct in another set. And during our last set, one of our members took it upon himself to suicide on TKO and convince a few of our other players that it was authorized. That prompted a FS by TKO back on us and members that were not involved in the suicide were killed. It was at that point, that the remaining Swords players that didn't suicide on TKO, and were not inactive, created Paragon of Duality. Since then, we have not recruited any new members. And have lost a few to inactivity.

3) Utopia hasn't stopped. Go to http://www.utopia-game.com to find it. If your looking for a kingdom there, let me know. I have been playing that non stop for a few years, while Earth 2025 was down.

4) They have the numbers to do well, but there activity and organization has lacked recently. They have had pretty poor showings in there last few wars.

5) A lot of losers still hang out there. FFA is still the coolest spot. Although you will find more 1a'ers over here and vica versa.

6) I may be able to help you get a hold of thorny. Cisco has kept in contact with some of the other DWAR guys, I could get a hold of Cisco and see if he has a way to contact Thorny for you.

7) Yes. PoD is recruiting and you can join us if you'd like. We'd love to have an old time DWAR player in our tag. You've got a Private Message with details already. http://paragonofduality.ghqnet.com/ is our website.

FFA Server - Paragon of Duality
Alliance Server - Moral Decay

Twain Game profile

Jul 31st 2011, 14:08:54

Originally posted by galleri:
Twain has made me angrier. I demand apologies.

NEVER!

Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jul 31st 2011, 17:15:47

You mean a third? :P

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Pain Game profile

Jul 31st 2011, 19:07:08

Dedly how did it not go so well for us? we got FSed by the biggest and best war clan at the time and they got smoked. sounds like it worked out just fine :)

unless the game gains about 200%+ more people coalitions wont ever be dominant again.
Your mother is a nice woman

Twain Game profile

Jul 31st 2011, 20:15:05

Originally posted by galleri:
You mean a third? :P

Fair enough. ;)

Chaoswind Game profile

Jul 31st 2011, 20:38:20

Commi/indy is worse?

wtf...

Tech Prices are worse for whatever reason, prices used to range on 5000 at the start and 3400 by the middle of the set.

The biggest change is having admins that DO care!!! and maybe care too much :)
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

NightShade

Jul 31st 2011, 21:39:58

Also, Phinnster was NHDP & Nation... not DWAR.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President

a.k.a. Stryke

Havoc Game profile

Jul 31st 2011, 21:51:51

Cause no one tried to net/self farm last set with a commie.. Slagpit got 200m unaided with a CI a few sets ago in 1a. That was unheard of before the changes..

Also, why all the hate on demo farmers? They can still be very affective for all x or land trading. I had two over 220m nw, and the highest all-x finish ever in 1a (175m) was done with a demo farmer.

Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Twain Game profile

Jul 31st 2011, 22:04:25

Demo/Farmer's still fine, but there are other options now, like Rep-farmer if you want to go all-explore or fascist-farmer.

Just like Rep-casher isn't the only casher strategy that works. Theo-casher can work as well (although in a long set like 1a and FFA, it's probably not as effective, it might be better in shorter sets).

And I don't know that techers are so much more powerful than before. Techers always been the best netting strat with equal land, but farmers and cashers tend to have more land, and I think it's just as easy to pull a t100, t25 or t10 with a farmer or casher as it is with a techer.

Phinnster Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 0:14:20

Thanks for the replies everyone, especially Twain and Ketchup.I'm pretty sure you two were playing when I left.
I agree the updated game and boards are much better. I created a few start-ups for old times sake just to check it out.

Crip! You're still here? How the hell are ya? Do you ever talk to Rats and/or Freeman?

NS! You're here too? Wow! Yes you're right I was in Nation and NHDP, man you have a good memory. Wasn't United the clan created by The Voz?

Thanks for the invite Deddly, I'm not sure I want to play again, this game is really addictive and I don't think I have the time, but you never know, if I do I'll look you up.

NightShade

Aug 1st 2011, 0:53:21

The Voz, Matthias, Mars, Arctic... those are the only few names that jump to mind when remmebering who were all in UNIxTC/UPxTC.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President

a.k.a. Stryke

NightShade

Aug 1st 2011, 0:54:30

Yeah, I am here... I was dragged back into this game around the early part of 2010 and have been here since. You have to remember, I been playing long enough to point out that IMP used to be in TC. :P
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President

a.k.a. Stryke

Waseem Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 5:09:22

I remembers you
someone bring back NHDP

m0bzta Game profile

Aug 2nd 2011, 16:59:48

i may bring Swords Back someday for a reunion set been talking to Killer2 and el stupido never know might make a come back
Yeah i am a Big Deal Around EarthEmpires
----------------------------
http://loc.ghqnet.com/
-Still doing what i do since 2000-mob bot
V12.╰(◣﹏◢)�

ou812 Game profile

Aug 2nd 2011, 20:25:19

Hello Phinny! I hope all is well for you.

Aug 3rd 2011, 7:16:17

bah, no running away that easy Waseem :P

for the record phinny, waseem ( who u know as someone else) ou, mars, mathias are all in Focus, along with some ICD'ers and Some MPE1A'ers, so if you come back, it should be with us ;) lol
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

Mars UP Game profile

Aug 3rd 2011, 20:15:23

Yep one of the most anti TC leaders in the old FFA now has half of TC in his new clan. Crippy likes his strange bedfellows.

Oh yeah...bonus post.

Aug 4th 2011, 7:11:55

i wasnt so much anti-tc, as tc was anti ICD :P
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

Bsnake Game profile

Aug 4th 2011, 9:08:16

i wasn't anti TC either crippy.....
<Crippler> 115m NW
<Bsnake> 38 mill NW nub... thanks for your netting advice.. Stick to killing nub

Gmann03 Game profile

Aug 4th 2011, 12:44:04

nor I
Lot/Mars2025
http://cc.ghqnet.com
http://
http://sol.ghqnet.com
http://lot.ghqnet.com

Mars UP Game profile

Aug 4th 2011, 13:08:30

i wasn't anti TC either crippy.....

And my fluff taste of Rainbow Sherbert. :P

Rico Game profile

Aug 4th 2011, 19:43:01

Originally posted by KeTcHuP:

4) yes.

I encourage you not to make posts referencing IMP in the future.

JoeFFA Game profile

Aug 6th 2011, 14:12:10

Hey Phiny.. ur welcome to join PAN :)

Titanium Game profile

Aug 6th 2011, 17:42:29

not to be finnicky Phinnster (has a nice ring to that doesn't it?)

... but it's been around for a while now... clearly you didn't know that... but I had to admit, when I first saw the title, I thought the new swirve crew or whatever their called now brought the game back... :)

BTW, IMP far from sucks. NHDP... omg I musta seen a white flag from them at least 10 times when I was in WM or aWM with MPE, BLOOD, BSD and Takers... I'm thinking they had their asses kicked nuff times by now...
Those that know me, fear me.
Those that don't...
Will learn to.

The end of your future is near.

Mars UP Game profile

Aug 7th 2011, 13:51:40

It's funny that the only clan that has any respect for IMP is IMP. They really are a bunch of delusional bastards over there.

synoder Game profile

Aug 7th 2011, 17:04:50

IMP is awesome!

*puts a crisp new $100 bill in my pocket

Rico Game profile

Aug 7th 2011, 23:33:13

IMP was born the very first day of FFA, and it is still alive and strong. No other FFA alliance can say that. How many other alliances have come and gone?

Before you rip IMP ask yourself this, how many different tags have you played under? How many of those tags are long gone?

Bsnake Game profile

Aug 8th 2011, 1:11:03

only as good as your last set...

IMP sucked last set...

Set b4... IMP sucked...

set b4... IMP sucked...

Set b4... IMP sucked...

notice a pattern????

must suck to only have a long distant past to reflect and cheast beat on!
<Crippler> 115m NW

Bsnake Game profile

Aug 8th 2011, 1:23:22

Best part is Rico's veiled threat to TKO.... what you want ur "war clan" spanked by tree huggers again????

gimme a break, fight a war clan FFS.. ohh thats right you tried that and it ended in you getting beaten like a red headed step child..
<Crippler> 115m NW

Rico Game profile

Aug 8th 2011, 4:27:08

Bsnake, you are the prime example of what I'm talking about. How is KA doing these days, or any number of the other alliances that have let you take a leadership position. If you are only as good as your last set, remember last set you were detagged because your alliance can't take being FSed.

It seems failure follows you.

Bsnake Game profile

Aug 8th 2011, 5:30:14

wow ur dumber than i thought....

I havn't been a leader in any clan in the new era of the game and only choose to have a few positions in the old earth.. so there goes your first point of the agruement..

I choose not to be a leader as im way too hot headed and take matters into my own hands,but its nice that you as the "leader" of a great war clan see me as a leader of many alliances,really shows you have ur finger on the pulse of the game!!!!!

KA - was the killers who left when Lae split,because we were killers,not netters,unfortunlatly better indyviduals not as a group,but thats more a reflection of our past playing styles. But none the less is gone,mainly due to inactivity, but isnt that what you have blamed on a couple of your losses now?? ohh thats right its better to keep a fluff clan going to you can talk about how great you think you are...Because its better to be fluff and still around rather than close the doors and admit how fluff you are... Right on!

CC - LAst set what Apo did was a fluff thing,i was one of the first to say that to him and CC leadership, it took a number of people i enjoy playing in CC with to get me to stay on because of that, since i have been in CC(countries tagged) we have beaten everyone we have warred, your clan twice on that list, twice with Networths w double ours and thats failure in your eyes??? fluff me drunk its not wonder you are the laughing stock of the server,yet again...

But i guess its better to be the leader of a fluff tag than just a player in a good one huh....

fluffing muppet.
<Crippler> 115m NW

jagernacht Game profile

Aug 8th 2011, 13:03:47

lol. i was gonna say... Bsnake hasn't been a leader of things in years. not for lack of skill, but i'm sure it was a personal choice of his not to tack on extra responsibilities. i've killed with IMP as well as alongside bsnake and a few current CCers... and it's more than obvious where the quality is. And after the awesome showing TKO had against a foe like NBK last set I doubt IMP could say it has what it takes to threaten a behemoth of a clan like TKO :P
they call meh juggsy!!!
AIM: juggernautnbk
MSN:
E-Mail:
http://www.LegendsAtEarth.com

mikedowd

Aug 9th 2011, 2:17:10

.Word

Bsnake Game profile

Aug 9th 2011, 4:55:30

it was a personal choice ;)

i still run warchats and do heaps of ops and other war like stuff,dont need a title for that sort of thing....
<Crippler> 115m NW