Verified:

Dark Morbid

Apr 7th 2010, 23:10:53

Well, if your in LaE or close allies, you have seen the clone that has been made of EzClan (Style and some old functionality with a up-to-date twist).

I have had it brought to my attention by many different clans they would like an EzClone site. Here is your chance.

I for one, dedicate and devote all of my time into developing to the best of my abilities for this game. However, I do not have the money for hosting.

To purchase the domain and host the site costs are very minimal. (Domain is about 9 bucks for the yr). Hosting is about $7.50 a month.

With that being said, I setup paypal and would like to give the option to users that if they would like to use EzClone as a hosting service, please help donate. $20 bucks will get the domain name secured and the first month of hosting. I would solely rely on donations to run the server.

I will also through in the perks of custom sites and tools for alliances who wish to use this hosting. I understand this is a free game and their are other hosting options available, I would just like to add another to mix and personally can not fund it.

If you would like to know anything more about this please PM me.

If you would l like to donate for the birth of EzClone, please PM me.

Thank you,
Greg
EzClone Guy
Originally posted by kemo:
they day you make it pay to play the player base will drop like a vanilla ice album

General TwizTid

Apr 7th 2010, 23:14:53

Everything is to the best of his ability, and is great :)
General TwizTid
NBK HFA - FFA
EEVIL Member - Alliance
MSN:
yahoo:
#nbk on irc.gamesurge.net
http://nbk.boxcarhosting.com
[01:37] <@Gambit> if it has a hole, ill fill it!

Desperado Game profile

Apr 8th 2010, 2:19:15

you don't have to be a leader to donate

Originally posted by Primeval:
pants antler

General TwizTid

Apr 8th 2010, 3:04:27

Duh!....

Well look at GHQ, its running because a ton of people donated, more or less members of the clans that it hosts.
General TwizTid
NBK HFA - FFA
EEVIL Member - Alliance
MSN:
yahoo:
#nbk on irc.gamesurge.net
http://nbk.boxcarhosting.com
[01:37] <@Gambit> if it has a hole, ill fill it!

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Apr 8th 2010, 13:23:31

I would suggest setting up a test site for people to check out how it functions, the styles, how is it is to admin, etc.

Edited By: Primeval on Apr 8th 2010, 13:24:13

Purgatori Game profile

Apr 12th 2010, 9:14:07

Agreed.
-- ==+ Purgatori +== --
MSN:

Sauron NBK Game profile

Apr 12th 2010, 10:01:40

no offense, but why would people pay for something that boxcar does for free?

Purgatori Game profile

Apr 12th 2010, 10:28:28

Yeah... no kidding... but then again... Soul Stealer was running NBK off of nbkffa.com for a while ;)
-- ==+ Purgatori +== --
MSN:

Bsnake Game profile

Apr 12th 2010, 11:45:44

Imag had http://www.letskillstuff.org the whole time....

Was always nice having and well setup site and easy to get things changed....
<bsnake> 68,270,386 turrets whats that in NW??
<Crippler> 115m NW
<Bsnake> 38 mill NW nub... thanks for your netting advice.. Stick to killing nub

DM Game profile

Patron

Apr 12th 2010, 15:17:23

Purg -> Boxcar is the place for you then =)

Desperado Game profile

Apr 12th 2010, 15:44:25

I often wonder about these people....

From what I would gather, DM isn't charging anybody to host, he is asking for help via donations to pay for the hosting costs. The explaination he gave is he already paid $20 for the domain registration, and that he is charged $7.50 a month by the provider he goes through.

Sub Domains are usually free for the first... oh... 100 or so.

MY guess is, when you apply for a clan site, it would be... say for instance... http://www.focus.legendsatearth.com

As a Gratuity, he asks that if you are able to do so, that you help by paypaling him some pocket change.

As for DM's site, in a nutshell... it's like inferno's EzClan from days of old. Personally I would love a focus site, ezclan was my favorite clan hosting site, so I know DM's will very quickly find itself up on the same pedestal if it is completely like it.

pants antler

QM Diver Game profile

Apr 12th 2010, 15:47:39

Soul Stealer was running NBK off of nbkffa.com for a while ...
============================================

Hit on a touchy subject there....
eh DM? ;o)

Who are you Purgatori??

QM Diver
NBK &#9824;VP
Natural Born Killers
PreZ

jagernacht Game profile

Apr 12th 2010, 16:10:27

like despie said, he's offering a different type of site, if you see it as the same... that's your paradigm to shift out of... i think when the game has multiple clan sites as options, they can choose the best one to suit their needs.

no one's forcing anyone to pay :P

they call meh juggsy!!!
AIM: juggernautnbk
MSN:
E-Mail:
http://www.LegendsAtEarth.com

Desperado Game profile

Apr 12th 2010, 16:42:52

people are kinda slow like that jag

and when people see the $ ahead of numbers and its not country related they fluff themselves and never bother to think that.... if dm was actually charging for it nobody would go for it to start.

However... ezclan got so man aps for clans and ezclan took up so much space that inferno actually started charging $5 for a clansite. but thats also partly because he was hosting probably 500-1500 clans between 1a, ffa, 4a, and promisance lol.

as a side note folks, eventually there'd be enough traffic for dm to put some ads up and be able to make the site self sufficient... ie pay for itself.

Now.... with all this positive propaganda that I have given you guys... I'd like my site domain to be focus :P

pants antler

Dark Morbid

Apr 12th 2010, 17:32:12

"Soul Stealer was running NBK off of nbkffa.com for a while ...
============================================

Hit on a touchy subject there....
eh DM? ;o)"

No not really. Considering Dave and I built that site together.
Originally posted by kemo:
they day you make it pay to play the player base will drop like a vanilla ice album

Sauron NBK Game profile

Apr 12th 2010, 23:59:44

Don't get me wrong ezclan was awesome back in the day, and i think NBK will be moving to this site

was merely pointing out a whole i thought i saw...

Desperado Game profile

Apr 13th 2010, 2:08:43

I was just merely filling your hole sauron ;)

pants antler

NOW3P Game profile

Oct 10th 2010, 5:02:26

Prepare for an update on EzClone soon ;-)

Desperado Game profile

Oct 10th 2010, 7:59:47

like a working op loader? :P

pants antler

QM Diver Game profile

Oct 10th 2010, 13:37:11

Since Pang is going to stop maintaining BoxCar, it'll prolly be an option for NBK..

The site security is going to have be hack proof, or damn close to it...

Natural Born Killers
PreZ

mrford Game profile

Oct 10th 2010, 14:24:15

The site is amazing. Best I've used so far. If you only knew all the tools that have been set up and the incredible daily work that dm and bug are doing
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

NOW3P Game profile

Oct 10th 2010, 19:26:25

Despie - Yes, I believe that's been fixed now. It was an issue with file names, I think.

and yeah, mrford is right - lae.com has gotten very very impressive in the last 30 days or so. It was good before, but it's out of this world now - with some additions coming in the next couple weeks, it will be the best hosting site around.

Desperado Game profile

Oct 10th 2010, 19:45:26

I agree that it is a very good site, and they are doing a great job hosting. They are putting up with a lot having multiple sites hosting, and they are doing a good job getting things rolling and making lae.com available for multiple clans

we're happy to be their guinea pig ;)

pants antler

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Oct 10th 2010, 19:56:12

is there a site we can look at
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

Desperado Game profile

Oct 10th 2010, 20:00:36

legendsatearth.com

pants antler

Makinso Game profile

Oct 10th 2010, 23:12:27

GHQ has lived on donations yes.

Alot is coming out of drags his pocket too though. And apollyon still needs to donate alot of money too GHQ. :-P

He made a bet with all of SOL once when we were 200 members big :P and he would donate 2 - 3 dollars a member if we won it :-P

He dissapeared shortly after lol the bastage!

NOW3P Game profile

Oct 11th 2010, 7:26:27

Dark Demon - there will be a demo site up shortly. DM and Bug are still working out a few issues with taking it from hosting a single clan to being suited to host multiple clans. Shouldn't be long now at all though. That, and we can't release it before we have a good name :-)

And yes, we will be happy to take donations - it is definitely not free to set this up.

glass Game profile

Oct 12th 2010, 21:25:59

I'd like to order 1 30-unit and 2 120-units please.

http://www.ezclone.com/

BudsMyBud Game profile

Oct 12th 2010, 21:40:32

hehe he said units :p
BMB
XI Sumfin or other

Desperado Game profile

Oct 12th 2010, 21:43:13

*breaks glass*

pants antler