Verified:

TAN Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 17:08:18

It's about the Arab revolution the world forgot about:

http://english.aljazeera.net/...8/201184144547798162.html

Thoughts? It's 50 minutes long, but well worth the watch, and kinda depressing. It's very good though, and probably will open up a lot of people's eyes to what was really happening in Bahrain while the world's eyes were fixed on the other revolutions happening elsewhere.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Detmer Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 17:35:41

Bahrain hosts a US naval fleet, gotta maintain the status quo there. Or is that what the film is about?

TAN Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 17:38:51

Synopsis:

Bahrain: An island kingdom in the Arabian Gulf where the Shia Muslim majority are ruled by a family from the Sunni minority. Where people fighting for democratic rights broke the barriers of fear, only to find themselves alone and crushed.

This is their story and Al Jazeera is their witness - the only TV journalists who remained to follow their journey of hope to the carnage that followed.

This is the Arab revolution that was abandoned by the Arabs, forsaken by the West and forgotten by the world.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 5th 2011, 17:39:07

cheers TAN - good piece that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaTKDMYOBOU if anyone is having problems with the al jazeera-sourced video

downloaded it :)

Edited By: Akula on Aug 5th 2011, 17:41:26
See Original Post
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

ETPlayer Game profile

Aug 6th 2011, 2:30:37

Great video, loved watching it

Speaker Game profile

Aug 6th 2011, 9:56:48

Just finished watching it. I remember reading about the destruction of mosques, which were "illegally built," a while ago. It's sad how the world seems to pick and choose what causes to take part in and which to ignore. Half-assed assistance in Libya, useless condemnations for Syria, and a new defense contract for Bahrain. The world sucks so I guess it's much easier to stand by while things go down and condemn it later.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Aug 6th 2011, 13:08:15

too many causes. not enough people who give a dang.
i will go buy my apple product now, so that i can be programmed on how to live in bliss via iTunes.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 6th 2011, 13:42:12

Just look at somalia/large parts of africa/south america historically/or even cambodia in the 1970s..

you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

TAN Game profile

Aug 6th 2011, 15:03:14

The sad part is, I wonder how we would have reacted if we didn't have a huge naval base stationed off Bahrain. Would we suddenly start caring? But that only explains the government's silence, not the US media, which also remained largely silent, or the rest of the world, for that matter.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Chaoswind Game profile

Aug 6th 2011, 15:13:42

They like the public to be ignorant, is easier to be manipulated when you know nothing...

Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 6th 2011, 16:29:51

it's always been like that. Unfortunately trying to police the world simply does not work. Either you try to control as much of it as you can for your own benefit and trade a la british empire and you only intervene where it protects your interests (a la US) or you simply isolate yourself.
The idea of a world policing body failed from the get go (see league of nations). And usually when you go somewhere with good intentions you tend to get punished for it.

No one intervened against south africa directly. No one really did anything in Rwanda until it was too late. People sat by as numerous south american dictators massacred their own people. Same with parts of south-east asia.
Unfortunately if you want to change the government in your country the people need to take the initiative themselves and prove that they have a chance before they can get real support. Most successful government changes work that way.
YOu can't simply overthrow a dictator and expect that things will magically improve in a country.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 7th 2011, 15:51:05

Originally posted by Chaoswind:
They like the public to be ignorant, is easier to be manipulated when you know nothing...

The most accurate assessment, ever!
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!