;D

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 5th 2011, 0:02:21

"Our member wanted to have fun and who are we to say no to that? Herp derp"

BattleKJ Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 0:02:22

You guys grabbed me plenty last set. I wanted to try grab you for a change.

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 0:02:33

We could say the same thing to MD lar~~ :P
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Sir Balin Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 0:03:15

oh, makes sense KJ.

hanlong Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 0:04:00

LOL :P
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

BattleKJ Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 0:04:40

"Our member wanted to have fun and who are we to say no to that? Herp derp"

highrock Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 0:05:30

what did MD do?
formerly Viola MD

anoniem Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 0:06:23

BattleKJ: i have authorization to grab PDM right?
[00:50] FairyTales joined the chat room.
[00:50] anoniem: no u dont
re(ally)tired

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 5th 2011, 0:07:25

^obvious fake log, no one in evo is named "FairyTales"

Forgotten

Aug 5th 2011, 0:09:47

EVO got two new recruits RIGHT at the end of the reset to win the triple crown? classy
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 5th 2011, 0:11:14

Oh look, the "retired" guy who doesn't post anymore is whining about something that no one way affects him.

Detmer Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 0:12:32

You guys seem to have upped the ante for fun. Your fun seems to be more spiteful and malicious.

Sir Balin Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 0:13:35

Seems more fail than anything. #402 still finished 11th.

Detmer Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 0:16:20

I actually had planned to be online at the time to send FA if something happened within the last 3 seconds so I think I could have given #672 some nice compensation. Fortunately the top 10 stands.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 5th 2011, 0:17:02

That's a good try detmer, unfortunately EVO still lags behind PDM. When you have guys like Orifice Space (#473) hurting their own "have a chance at top ten" finishes just to "teach an EVO member a lesson", that's pretty damn spiteful and malicious.

When you have guys like Ginger Lynn Does Debbie Diamond (#199) doing ridiculous topfeeds and then let PDM almost drive a longtime member out of their alliance for simply paying reps, that's pretty damn spiteful and malicious. In what way does someone else paying reps make your grab less fun? Is it only fun if you screw your victim out of a few ranks? That seems to be what that country was designed to do; it didn't even break $50M NW, despite getting 8k acres nearly for free.

Sir Balin Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 0:19:22

Seems like this could be fun.

Not sure what the #473 thing is about.

As far as #199, afaik, he grabbed Osso when he was on like 60k acres and 5m defense. And instead of being like, "Hey, it was a grab, you're welcome to retal," we let you farm a dude with low defense.

Next?

Detmer Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 0:20:27

iirc hearing for #473, the lesson was sending nasty ingame messages. As you might know in team server we retal those 4:1. A legitimate grab for profit doesn't really strike me as unreasonable (yes, for profit).

I said he could pay reps if he wanted but I think the general consensus in PDM was that it was uncalled for whereas he felt like a hero. In some eyes I am sure he was, and in others he was just doing this thing. Something nice about PDM is we're all allowed to have our own views on issues and even when we're unhappy when we disagree for a while, we still come together.

BattleKJ Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 0:21:28

I don't care about this, last set I couldnt netgain how I wanted as PDM grabbed me several times. So I grabbed them back this set. I just wanted to try take some land back, but I failed the grab unfortunately.

anoniem Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 0:22:11

You didn't let us farm a guy with low defence. Drow offered me his country up for reps while you had some idiot named Titan spouting a load of BS on AT. Drow also told me after that several PDMers slated him for offering land-reps.

Anyway, this is going off on a tangent. I will personally pay the damage that KJ did to that country next reset, if you would like. Case closed? We are now allies after all!
re(ally)tired

BattleKJ Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 0:22:50

Hell no. I didnt get paid for any damage caused to my country last set.

hanlong Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 0:22:57

just curious

how much you sent on the PS kj
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Forgotten

Aug 5th 2011, 0:23:09

so you can cross reset retal?

sweeeeeet
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

anoniem Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 0:23:19

Originally posted by Forgotten:
EVO got two new recruits RIGHT at the end of the reset to win the triple crown? classy

Clue-less
re(ally)tired

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 5th 2011, 0:23:25

You didn't let anyone do anything. You nearly drove him out of the alliance with your mockery.

Here's another one:

Jul/23/11 3:06:47 PS Recruit me (#719) (Paradigm) Slags Cleveland Steamer (#74) (EVOwhore) 8980 A 13266 A

Grabbing with 2 weeks left in the set, how "classy". The guy had 28 M NW before he was retalled. He finished the set with an amazing 31.5 M NW. Apparently it's worthwhile to destock very early and poorly just to make it difficult for your victim to get his land back.

You can pretend to be ignorant if you want Sir Balin, but so far I'm limiting myself to grabs on top ten evo countries from set. Can you imagine how long my post would be if I included all of the fluff moves pdm has done over the last year or so? So please save it.

Detmer Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 0:24:39

It is up to that member if he wants reps for this. I mostly just wanted to rag on you guys over this. We still have the top 10 so that is that. As per PDM policy, you can still fluff and moan as you please, but I encourage you to drop this.

Anoniem, I'll let the owner of #672 come to you if he wants.

Seren Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 0:25:02

*popcorn*

anoniem Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 0:26:56

Thanks Detmer!

--

Seren, you're in Evo, you can't eat popcorn.

GET YOUR BATTLE GEAR ON. WE ARE GOING TO WAR AGAINST ICN!!!!!
re(ally)tired

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 5th 2011, 0:27:30

Originally posted by Detmer:
iirc hearing for #473, the lesson was sending nasty ingame messages. As you might know in team server we retal those 4:1. A legitimate grab for profit doesn't really strike me as unreasonable (yes, for profit).

Losing land with nearly a month to go is profitable? I wonder how much he profitted. Maybe you can give me an exact number? Or maybe this is why it took you guys nine rounds just to get a single finish over 100 M NW.

Anyway KJ finished top ten last set and he was apparently grabbed four times by PDM members (and his final NW was probably greater than the sum of those who grabbed him), so you can add him to the list too. I'm too lazy to do any more research, it's been a long day.

hanlong Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 0:28:53

maybe popcorn is his battle gear anoniem

did you ever consider that?
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Sir Balin Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 0:32:20

I supported Drow paying reps. Actually when it happened I offered my own country; Osso's a cool guy. A lot of PDMers thought it was lame that we were giving you easy land instead of letting you retal per our policies. I don't blame them for that position, it's not like #199 bought up defense or anything. He saw an easy grab and took it. Deride him for being a crappy netter if you want. Not everyone still plays this text-based browser game purely out of epeen desire to be the l33test players. As far as I know #199 had fun this set.

"Over the past year" you've been pretty consistent in stating that you liked PDM's grabs vis-a-vis our retal policy. You got fat off them. I don't really have a lot of sympathy this set. Probably a good thing we have a pact now though. :)

Foobooy Evolution Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 0:33:39

I don't like popcorn.

BattleKJ Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 0:34:16

Sir Balin: I also had fun this set.

Seren Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 0:34:21

Another cliffs for those who don't want to read this fluff:

*Provided by I FOOd up my destock (#5) please donate FA*

1. PDM comes on AT and posts a ";D" in response to BattleKJ's end of set minus 2 second bounce on a PDM country who was in 9th place. *note country landtraded the set
2. bunch of random emoticons that make no sense
3. Laf whines about EVO tagging up two members
4. PDM randomly fluffs
5. big discussion about how pdm ran countries that landgrabbed evo countries and jumped out of range
6. more discussion
7. anon makes fun of my popcorn armor making skills. :(

WILL BE UPDATED AS THIS GOES ALONG!

EDIT: *The thoughts and expressions of the above poster do NOT reflect any positions held by Evolution and should not be construed as such*

Edited By: Seren on Aug 5th 2011, 0:41:40
See Original Post

Sir Balin Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 0:36:30

fair enough KJ. i won't fluff about some netting sanctity bubble of protection i'm supposedly entitled to.

hanlong Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 0:43:30

Originally posted by Seren:

7. anon makes fun of my popcorn armor making skills. :(

http://www.lafamiglia.org

i believe in popcorn armor making skills! join today!
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

lenshark Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 0:45:50

pang teaching me a lesson ? nasty ingame messages ?

detmer, how about try to ask pang what he sent me first. if u don't want to get those "nasty messages", don't try to spin ppl make them look like idiots.

pang stealing my stock when i could have sold at 48+, stay classy pdm.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 5th 2011, 0:45:58

Originally posted by Sir Balin:
"Over the past year" you've been pretty consistent in stating that you liked PDM's grabs vis-a-vis our retal policy. You got fat off them. I don't really have a lot of sympathy this set. Probably a good thing we have a pact now though. :)

It wouldn't be much of an issue if PDM members didn't try to outdo their antics from last set every set. PDM doesn't even respect their own policy: you guys were constantly GSing your own fat countries to prevent someone else from grabbing them. Apparently it isn't fun to get topfed by someone with 1/6 of your land! Who would have guessed?

You also farmed the crap out of an untagged that grabbed you, I guess your policy doesn't apply when you can get away with it? Or maybe you signed a pact with him that allowed you to farm him for two hits? Who knows.

Bottom line is your policy is designed to protect countries that do nothing but play to get a big grab and to screw other player's finishes. I want you to estimate how much NW someone would lose to retal a heavy defense country from a late-set 6X topfeed in 48 hours not mixing SS/PS. You may assume the defender has 60k acres.

Apparently it's only fun when you are ruining the other player's fun, and unfortunately PDM has a lot more crappy countries than EVO has top ten contenders.

Detmer Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 0:47:53

Originally posted by Slagpit:

It wouldn't be much of an issue if PDM members didn't try to outdo their antics from last set every set. PDM doesn't even respect their own policy: you guys were constantly GSing your own fat countries to prevent someone else from grabbing them. Apparently it isn't fun to get topfed by someone with 1/6 of your land! Who would have guessed?

You also farmed the crap out of an untagged that grabbed you, I guess your policy doesn't apply when you can get away with it? Or maybe you signed a pact with him that allowed you to farm him for two hits? Who knows.

Bottom line is your policy is designed to protect countries that do nothing but play to get a big grab and to screw other player's finishes. I want you to estimate how much NW someone would lose to retal a heavy defense country from a late-set 6X topfeed in 48 hours not mixing SS/PS. You may assume the defender has 60k acres.

Apparently it's only fun when you are ruining the other player's fun, and unfortunately PDM has a lot more crappy countries than EVO has top ten contenders.

Why don't you do that to your countries? There is nothing in our policy against self-DRs unless they are up for retals...

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 0:51:33

Because putting our own countries in DR is lame, and takes away skill?
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 5th 2011, 0:51:47

Why don't you drop the double standard Detmer? When your leaders say things like "you're assholes for farming untaggeds", it's pretty damn hypocritical to prevent your juiciest targets from getting grabbed. When you say things like like "we want to encourage landgrabs between alliances", don't take the few countries you have worth grabbing out of the target pool. When you say things like:

i won't fluff about some netting sanctity bubble of protection i'm supposedly entitled to.

It's just funny.

EVO|Rasp

Aug 5th 2011, 0:55:12

Seems more fail than anything. #402 still finished 11th.

Thanks for noticing. Not many sites picked up on my networth change. :(

Detmer Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 0:59:04

Originally posted by Slagpit:
Why don't you drop the double standard Detmer? When your leaders say things like "you're assholes for farming untaggeds", it's pretty damn hypocritical to prevent your juiciest targets from getting grabbed. When you say things like like "we want to encourage landgrabs between alliances", don't take the few countries you have worth grabbing out of the target pool. When you say things like:

i won't fluff about some netting sanctity bubble of protection i'm supposedly entitled to.

It's just funny.

You're just unhappy that you can't find a single member who isn't so self-absorbed that they will spend 10 turns to GS someone 5 times, or heaven forbid, 10 times for a cost of 20 turns...

(sorry anoniem, I tried, but one of your more prominent members keeps trying to get me to continue the conversation)

anoniem Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 1:00:40

Well, EVO have killed about 10 suiciders this set, so we're not that self-absorbed :P
re(ally)tired

Sir Balin Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 1:02:44

Originally posted by NukEvil:
Because putting our own countries in DR is lame, and takes away skill?

1) "We are super skillful and above petty tactics"
2) "Don't grab our skillful countries or we will whine and might claim the moral high ground when we sabotage a top finish in the last 3 seconds of a round"

edit: attempt to sabotage*

Edited By: Sir Balin on Aug 5th 2011, 1:12:46. Reason: accounting for skill
See Original Post

Rolangunslinger Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 1:06:04

and once again.....let the PDM bashing begin.

crysk Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 1:23:22

*eats popcorn* man oh man what did I miss! I shall not disappear again. This is good stuff :D

cypress Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 1:26:02

BASH! BASH! BASH!!!!!

Detmer Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 1:28:32

Originally posted by anoniem:
Well, EVO have killed about 10 suiciders this set, so we're not that self-absorbed :P

One of them was even a PDMer!!!!!!

anoniem Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 1:33:04

Let's not forget who the real enemy is here!!!

DEATH TO ICN AND DIXIECHICK!
re(ally)tired