dagga Game profile

May 16th 2010, 0:56:38

[deleted for erroneous slander]

Edited By: Pangaea on May 16th 2010, 14:56:22
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

danzigrules Game profile

May 16th 2010, 1:03:58

you all need to step away from the pc and go look at the ball of fire in the sky for a while

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 16th 2010, 1:04:33

wow.
what a fluff move, dagga...

if you can't separate things, that's your problem.

Look at my record as a game developer... it's been completely unbiased... ask anyone.

to make such baseless accussations that I would move the game to be better for one group at the expense of others, is just so wrong.
Your whole post is just... so wrong.... wow.

I don't owe anyone an apology, but I think you now owe me one.

Does no one ever listen to me when I say that stopping aggressive farming is one of our major concerns? That directly hurts LaF. What about the change to make it so you can declare peace on a country immedaitely after it's dead? That's also very anti-netter. The changes we have made in NO way help netters, in fact, I'd say most hurt them.

Your "thoughts" don't match the facts... like usual.

Edited By: Pangaea on May 16th 2010, 1:05:57
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires' Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

dagga Game profile

May 16th 2010, 1:05:59

You get involved in political discussion and this is what happens - its not necessary.
signatures are stupid.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 16th 2010, 1:10:42

What does dagga contribute to the community? Levity?

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 16th 2010, 1:10:56

But the problem with your logic is I'm not going in there as an admin... I'm going in there as a LaF member/player.

Are you saying I can't participate in my own game as I see fit? The game I've given up my time and money to build?

We built this game because we love playing it, so to flame us for playing it passionately is just flat out stupid.

If you can't make the distinction, then you are in the minority. Name one thing I've ever done as using my game admin power that has been pro-LaF?
Not a single thing.

As much as you'd like to believe that I'm corrupt/biased/etc.... I'm not. I've played in war alliances for longer than I've played in netting ones -- and while I was in the netting ones, they fought more than every before. Your logic doesn't hold.... like usual.

Edited By: Pangaea on May 16th 2010, 1:13:59
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

dagga Game profile

May 16th 2010, 1:16:40

You helped rebuild the game, well done. I'm very thankful for your efforts.

But when you became an admin, the users of this game expect more than for you to get involved in/start a public slanging match over one suicider. It leads to the fears I've outlined above. You cannot have it both ways and using the 'ive given up my time and money' line as a cop out that basically says 'fluff off I can do what I want' probably doesn't help community confidence .
signatures are stupid.

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 16th 2010, 1:18:22

also

let's flip the mirror on SoL -- which also has it's leader on the change committee.

SoL has been killing netgaining alliances for the last year, as they see fit. Blindsiding, pact breaking, beating up on smaller alliances...

LaF generally keeps to iself, where as SoL continually TRIES to run people from the game.
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 16th 2010, 1:24:41

Originally posted by dagga:
You helped rebuild the game, well done. I'm very thankful for your efforts.

But when you became an admin, the users of this game expect more than for you to get involved in/start a public slanging match over one suicider. It leads to the fears I've outlined above. You cannot have it both ways and using the 'ive given up my time and money' line as a cop out that basically says 'fluff off I can do what I want' probably doesn't help community confidence .

I'm a passionate player, and like I said, I have never used my position for anything but the bettering of the game. You obviously must agree with this, because all you have is "what if?" and "well based on your comments in your in-game character..." rather than any concrete things I have done to help netters, LaF, or any other alliance. As an admin, I have shown nothing but complete neutrality in every issue I've ever been involved in, and often sequestered myself from issues involving LaF or LaF's enemies (if they're fighting). So again, I've invite you to cut this fluff out because all you're doing is harming the community for no gain... this wasn't your alliance's issue to begin with and it still fails to be. Why you feel you want to try and drag my name through the mud is beyond me, but i expect this thread won't be here tomorrow once some more mods come on and read it's inflammatory, slanderous content.

I don't think it's fitting that I create an "____ Watcher" style nick to go flame with, as I've always felt that if I have anything to say, I'm happy to say it as myself. Hiding is more of a scandal than if I come straight out and say "hey, I'm politically posting some fluff as a player, not as an admin."

I've never had anything to hide and I never will.

Better people than you, dagga, have been after me in the past... and at every point, I've proven to not only be a fair, straight up admin for Boxcar and for EE, but also able to keep playing and leading while doing it.

Edited By: Pangaea on May 16th 2010, 1:27:42
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

dagga Game profile

May 16th 2010, 1:30:15

I'm not after you. I don't think it's appropriate that you should get involve in flame wars on the boards - I didn't accuse you of anything, I said it 'leads to fears'.

You have done a lot of good, I'm thankful, but you've missed the mark here.
signatures are stupid.

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 16th 2010, 1:34:20

no, dagga, you are outright slandering me, accusing me of using my position to eventually better the game for netters at the expense of fighters. You are not just discussing "fears" hypothetically.

and that is FAR beyond the line.

Like I keep saying, if you can't make the distinction, then that's your problem. All of the admins' records are spotless. They will continue to be.
Almost 100% of the community here knows me, and SHOULD know that I never do anything as an admin other than better the game for everyone. You are making it seem like I don't do that, so you better start apologizing for these comments.

My posts, as a player in LaF, are done in that context. Grow up and realize that people can put a wall between what goes on in-game and what goes on on the dev staff, even if YOU can't.

Edited By: Pangaea on May 16th 2010, 1:35:05
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

dagga Game profile

May 16th 2010, 1:36:39

Maybe I touched a nerve.
signatures are stupid.

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 16th 2010, 1:43:03

You're damn right you touched a nerve...

when you come onto the boards and try to publicly slander one of the key contributors to this game, attempting to label me as a biased admin who will use my position to help my "friends" out, you cross a line that not too many have crossed in the past. I expect these posts will be gone once we have a chance to discuss it in the staff chan....

My record shows the exact opposite of what you claim -- and if you took the time to actually look at our changes, I don't think a single one could be pointed to as something that helps netters over fighters. Especially not in the Orwellian way you describe in your initial post.

Do you not think we have a vested interest in making this game great for everyone? We didn't work our asses off to make it a netting paradise where all the fighters quit. Did you every think of that, dagga? Did you ever think that perhaps the changes would be discussed by a panel that includes warmongers? hmm? Do you actually know ANYTHING about how things work on the staff? Obviously you don't, based on your posts....

So when you're ready to appologize for your behaviour, I'll be around working on some other work

Edited By: Pangaea on May 16th 2010, 1:44:04
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

BobbyATA Game profile

May 16th 2010, 1:51:09

SOL v LAF next set? Please please please??

dagga Game profile

May 16th 2010, 2:11:44

lol
signatures are stupid.

SolidSnake Game profile

May 16th 2010, 2:57:08

just to go back to the first post

the longest surviving alliance in the game which has 10% of the players of the server contributes nothing to the game, thats an interesting arguement dagga... stupid, but interesting...

and sol wouldnt last long vs laf based on recent war performances meh

Edited By: SolidSnake on May 16th 2010, 2:57:25

Dukey Game profile

May 16th 2010, 3:24:41

not defending LAF here on the other fluff....., but to say that fluff that pang is making the game in LAF's favor? pang is being as fair as possible and the developmental team has input from people across at least a few different alliances so.....

also, to say he can't enjoy playing this game for the sake of 100% admin independence? he didn't rebuild the game to make money.....and he certainly didn't rebuild it to sit back and watch US play...
if the reason was anything other than he loved PLAYING the game and the people he played it with, he would have just let it die 6 months ago.
that is stupid to even ask that of him though as it is much fluffing better having an admin that plays along side us and enjoys the game and really cares about it, than the admin we've had for the past 12 years.

Parallax Game profile

May 16th 2010, 3:31:47

good point Dukey

torment Game profile

May 16th 2010, 4:10:07

oh gee dagga whining and moaning about nothing? again?

Im surprised anyones taken this seriously - afterall its been his modus operational for the past 10 years or so.

For you to say that laf has destroyed this game is a bit rich. Every alliance nowdays sol included is guilty and has contributed to this. Go home take a comb through your own history then come back here.

AoS Game profile

May 16th 2010, 4:39:48

Some kind of metal, made up from glue, some kind of plastic I could wrap around you. :D
The dreamer is banished to obscurity.

Ruthie

May 16th 2010, 4:49:01

By replying to dagga's idiocy, you are giving him exactly what he wants.
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

archaic Game profile

May 16th 2010, 5:15:30

sigh -

dagga, you make other LaF haters look bad - please go away.

I like Dave and I genuinely appreciate what he is trying to do. I do not like LaF nor do Ilike their whiney politics, but that is a totally seperate matter from the game design and administration. Trying to infer differently is crass and tacky. Much like you.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

AoS Game profile

May 16th 2010, 5:33:02

I love "The Money Pit". That is my answer to that statement.
The dreamer is banished to obscurity.

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 16th 2010, 5:34:34

I'm just waiting for dagga to apologize...

then we'll toss this thread.

or maybe we'll toss it and I'll just harass him after every post he makes reminding him of his douchebaggery and demanding he apologize?

he's putting the wellbeing of the game at risk for his own trolling.
we're discussing how to handle him on the mod board ATM.

no place for this kind of bullfluff for any reason...

Edited By: Pangaea on May 16th 2010, 5:36:39
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 16th 2010, 6:04:54

I like how he looks at policy as static and reverses the cause and effect.

Policies to deal with suiciders exist because we had to deal with a lot of suiciders in the past, and saw the need for a policy. It wasn't a forward thinking "this may happen in the future, better prepare for it now!"

Besides, most of the time the people suiciding on us are people in tags we have not been grabbing.

NOW3P Game profile

May 16th 2010, 7:17:23

since it hasn't been said yet....

SWAGGA OF A CRIPPLE

Revolver Game profile

May 16th 2010, 7:39:19

I think this post is ridiculous. First of all, the way the game is ran makes it perfectly normal that the admins are implicated in the game's 'politics'. We speak here of a group of players that rewrote and are modifying and bettering the codes to make these changes that were asked for years before. Pang is 1 voice through a bunch of them. I don't see EE as being owned by 1 person. But by the community itself and managed by a group of qualified experienced players that represent very well the whole community since the admins, mods, etc are from every sides. Every styles of playing are represented in the EE staff.

Based on your perspective, you must really miss the old time when mehul was doing fluff all and not paying any attention to the game. The way the game is currently ran, we have passionated 'managers' that are implicated into the game and that build the game from a player's perspective. Put it + the variety of 'origins' and 'play styles' of the staff, you will quickly find out that the game codes are balanced to the way the game is proportioned.

All dagga is doing in this post, is attacking the credibility of one of the admin because he said something he didnt like. THAT, is a selfish move. In my book, with the argumentation dagga gave, he just took credibility away from his own person. There is a big difference between 'policies' and 'games codes'. Since EE started, the war experience was much more enhanced than the netting experience. I don't see why you are whinning. Since you're capacity at playing a sol dumbass got increased and take on whoever you wanna ruin for a reason or none at all.

EDIT: Also, Pang is a VERY available guy. Just catching him on msn or icq and telling him what you see as a problem would have been much wiser than doing what you just did.

Edited By: Revolver on May 16th 2010, 7:42:43

torment Game profile

May 16th 2010, 9:14:10

So to sum up this thread in those immortal words.
dai daggaturds dai!!

dagga Game profile

May 16th 2010, 11:36:32

You're not getting an apology from me. You were called out and rightfully so. [removed for slanderous lies]

You're not even a leader in LaF?

Edited By: Pangaea on May 16th 2010, 14:57:04
signatures are stupid.

Drow Game profile

May 16th 2010, 12:47:33

"What about the change to make it so you can declare peace on a country immedaitely after it's dead?"

actually this DOES suit netters as well.
landkill your GDI farm, then start on another straight away. no eed to wait 3 days to get a new one.

Paradigm President of failed speeling

Unsympathetic Game profile

May 16th 2010, 13:37:01

Dagga contributes less than nothing to this game.

The Earth community would be better off without his gratuitously aggressive insults.

He's been nothing but a selfish troll since the very first time he was on Mehul's forums.

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 16th 2010, 14:56:11

dagga, all of your slander is baseless, since my record is impecable. you are just causing trouble.

I have tossed all your slanderous postulating after discussing it with a few mods.
i'll let someone else toss the thread, i'll shut it down though.

no need for this kind of fluff, dagga, even from someone like you.

Edited By: Pangaea on May 16th 2010, 15:00:23
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

NukEvil Game profile

Mar 9th 2016, 0:05:49

Hey, what about MY record?
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.