Verified:

HeadHunter Game profile

Jul 14th 2011, 22:10:17

I came back this reset but from what I've understood last reset there was farming between clan mates to gain acres fast because of the extra gain bonus. Why did that stop this reset or am I missing something? hehe
Error 354 - Signature too awesome

locket Game profile

Jul 14th 2011, 22:27:49

How can you think it stopped? Just look at PDM. Its still lame. Just different people doing it.

HeadHunter Game profile

Jul 15th 2011, 0:14:50

Oh ok, last set Evo did it but this set they stopped, now PDM is doing it instead? No wars fought over this? Is it generally accepted to grab internally?

Chadius Game profile

Jul 15th 2011, 0:17:15

imo it is bush league. Too bad they couldn't code it so same tag country don't get the bonus. Basically here is a reward for cannibalism. lol
LAF

locket Game profile

Jul 15th 2011, 0:27:00

I think evo was a small group of people. PDM seems to be a much bigger group. It isn't accepted all that well, especially from netting alliances.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 15th 2011, 0:28:29

Evo thinks it is lame too. Last set, a member was quitting and wanted to help his ally mates by letting them farm him; it was condemned by leadership and there is now specific policy and punishments in place to prevent it from happening in the future.

dustfp Game profile

Jul 15th 2011, 0:30:22

Sanct looks down on in-tag farming
if we have members leaving, they need to detag first before being farmed
-fudgepuppy
SancTuarY President
msn:
aim: fudgepuppy6988
http://collab.boxcarhosting.com

anoniem Game profile

Jul 15th 2011, 13:28:51

in order to land-trade - i would assume land would have to be traded back and forth so a significant amount of ghost acres are created.

last reset, a couple of members farmed somebody who was quitting. we don't allow that in-tag anymore, apart from two of our new members that did it this reset (they knew the detag time and started hitting before someone could even get online to detag lol).

locket: it isn't accepted by solidsnake unless somebody FAs him 400mil bushels as part of his gagging order :P
re(ally)tired

Marshal Game profile

Jul 15th 2011, 21:01:10

war against in-tag farming wouldn't change anhything on long term.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Detmer Game profile

Jul 15th 2011, 21:04:20

We've discussed it in PDM, I would estimate 2/3 of people think it is lame. We may continue using it as a training tactic for new members in the future but I *think* this is the only round we'll be doing it like we are now.

HeadHunter Game profile

Jul 15th 2011, 21:22:42

I say create bot played landfarms and let clans compete over them. Once this is introduces you could remove the possibility to grab a clan mate. I understand why people do this, I'm tempted to do it next set as well but it ruins the whole point with grabbing and clans

Kalick Game profile

Jul 15th 2011, 21:34:35

Detmer, what kind of training are you doing that requires intra-tag farming? You should teach them to LG.

locket Game profile

Jul 15th 2011, 22:00:02

lol. Shouldnt PDM training be intertag ABing? ;)

Marshal Game profile

Jul 15th 2011, 22:09:05

no hitting clanmates would make retal teams useless, limiting it to 1 hit per day would stop intag farming.

Detmer Game profile

Jul 15th 2011, 22:14:13

Originally posted by locket:
lol. Shouldnt PDM training be intertag ABing? ;)

Some of our guys were land trading in DRs such that they got 0 ghost acres - so in effect that is what they were doing =P

Detmer Game profile

Jul 15th 2011, 22:15:18

Originally posted by Kalick:
Detmer, what kind of training are you doing that requires intra-tag farming? You should teach them to LG.

Yes, all those plentiful targets out there that are so friendly for newbs to learn to grab on... =P

Kalick Game profile

Jul 15th 2011, 22:22:26

Originally posted by Detmer:

Yes, all those plentiful targets out there that are so friendly for newbs to learn to grab on... =P

Yes, LGing nowadays isn't easy, but it also isn't impossible. I don't see what intra-tag farming is teaching them. You aren't teaching them to comb the news, watch for DR, or camp for targets.

It looks like all they are learning is how to abuse the system.

locket Game profile

Jul 15th 2011, 22:44:07

calculating a grab is also something you have to do kalick

Detmer Game profile

Jul 15th 2011, 22:53:19

Yes, LGing nowadays isn't easy, but it also isn't impossible. I don't see what intra-tag farming is teaching them. You aren't teaching them to comb the news, watch for DR, or camp for targets.

It looks like all they are learning is how to abuse the system.

We are teaching them how the attack system works. As locket said, how to calculate a grab. We actually can teach them to do a country search and understand DRs too. We aren't raising the next generation of ruthless untag farmers, just trying to explain the game to new players in an environment where they can be successful at it (meaning with supervision/instruction and not failed grabs).

I don't even know why I am saying things in present tense... this is only something under consideration =P

Ozzite Game profile

Jul 15th 2011, 22:54:27

Have you taught them yet that land-trading when there are 0 ghost acres involved is effectively ABing each other :-P
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 15th 2011, 23:30:53

We've discussed it in PDM, I would estimate 2/3 of people think it is lame. We may continue using it as a training tactic for new members in the future but I *think* this is the only round we'll be doing it like we are now.

ya, it's good to help figure out how to best attack other targets, but using it to get a good finish over those who compete for land is not that cool.
same with countries who rely on FA dealings to finish well.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Jiman Game profile

Jul 15th 2011, 23:41:20

I would also suggest using Express as a possible training ground as well.

hanlong Game profile

Jul 16th 2011, 0:36:44

we only forgive you Detmer because your 0 ghost acre intag farming gave us a good laugh.

but otherwise i think it's pretty lame ;P
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Detmer Game profile

Jul 16th 2011, 0:43:27

Originally posted by Ozzite:
Have you taught them yet that land-trading when there are 0 ghost acres involved is effectively ABing each other :-P

Read up 30 minutes and 14 seconds. =P

locket Game profile

Jul 16th 2011, 2:57:23

Originally posted by Ozzite:

PDM are doing the NEW AB. They got bored with the old one :P

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 16th 2011, 7:13:42

This seriously defeats the whole purpose of the alliance game. The purpose here is to compete with other alliances for dominance, dominance being defined as the ability to take another alliances land, perhaps suffer a retal, maybe get your land back, or not get your landback and just have to live with it. One alliance is dominant, the other is a beeeyotch! That's the way of the game here.

Cerberus of the MI
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Frisky Game profile

Jul 16th 2011, 15:37:56

the way of the game is not to farm every untagged into 15-20 hit DR's.

this game is growing very very slowly.

for people who dont like inter tag, laf and evo farm the crap out of untagged. to be honest i get a kick out of the ones who nuke you back :P

no new player really enjoys being farmed from the get go. it isnt fun in the least. croatia is a good player and runs the country well, the exception to untagged rule

locket Game profile

Jul 16th 2011, 18:41:53

Frisky... check out which forum you are posting on. Wait... is that... Alliance!? SHOCKED. No one playing untagged is new essentially. They get recruitment messages anyways im sure. The game has been designed to suggest people play in primary. Anyone without a tag in a tagged game is asking to be hit.

dazedboy Game profile

Jul 17th 2011, 0:01:12

Frisky Game profile

Jul 17th 2011, 16:59:25

ok so you are saying since new people dont join an alliance its deemed okay to farm them into oblivion so they quit or nuke you .

alliance doesnt mean it HAS to be alliance or die it suggests the purpose of this server is for an alliance based country system. with the purpose of not having to rely solely on yourself.

With that in mind it is more beneficial to be in an alliance true however, we dont help ourselves at all. recruiing by forcing them to join someone hardly builds a loyal base for your clan. i do about 5 attacks in untags a set, you really dont need to farm them, you can get a great finish using all x these days.

ZDH Game profile

Jul 17th 2011, 18:29:57

Is market manipulation looked down upon to?
-BigZ

Marshal Game profile

Jul 17th 2011, 21:02:42

what market manipulation?

tfm0m0 Game profile

Jul 17th 2011, 21:08:21

i agree