Verified:

mrford Game profile

Jul 13th 2011, 20:16:08

http://i303.photobucket.com/...ford_photo/0529091441.jpg
http://i303.photobucket.com/...ford_photo/1204091340.jpg
http://i303.photobucket.com/...ford_photo/1208091519.jpg
http://i303.photobucket.com/...ford_photo/0522001415.jpg

Was acting weird this morning, has been fine for the last week. she was acting lethargic and wasnt her normal hyper self so we took her to the vet.

apparently she had some internal bleeding steming from a tumor on her liver.

WTF!

shes been in surgery for the last 2 hours or so and im expecting a call any time now. if you are a dog lover you know how much it blows when anything is wrong with yours, its like family.

Shes 10 years old and has some Basenji, German Shepard, and Chow in her.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

PapaSmurf Game profile

Jul 13th 2011, 20:19:59

Hope everything goes well for her. What's her name?

Havoc Game profile

Jul 13th 2011, 20:20:37

fluff man, sorry to hear that. Hope surgery goes well.

I have a 16~ year old black lab/colley mix who's been getting worse and worse as he gets older but he's still truckin' on. Know that inevitable day has to come soon though:(
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Dragon Game profile

Jul 13th 2011, 20:47:02

That sucks man. Hope one of 2 things, Fordy. Either she is cured or she gets put out of her misery.

Sincerely,

A Pet Lover

ZDH Game profile

Jul 14th 2011, 4:56:21

wow how much did that surgery cost you? We would have just put the dog out of the misery Michael Vick style 1 to tha dome.

Hopefully your dog comes out ok though.
-BigZ

gambit Game profile

Jul 14th 2011, 5:05:56

i have a 13 year old chow mutt bastard, and about 3 years ago he got jump on by a rott and what looked like a chow or something...

they were whipping up on him and i managed to get a shot off and hit the rott in the leg... didnt seem like it slowed him down much, because they both hauled ass

the vet bill ended up costing me around $400... and i told my dog that he is screwed if something else happens, because im not sinking anymore money into his ass... and i think he understood :P

even after he came home from the vet, he wouldnt eat or drink for days... i still thought he was a goner, but somehow he pulled through

good luck to yours ford

Edited By: gambit on Jul 14th 2011, 5:12:30
See Original Post
Natural Born Killer

NOW3P Game profile

Jul 14th 2011, 6:07:51

I had to pay $1200 to ship a cat from Bosnia to Minnesota. It's amazing the fluff we'll (the wife, who I like to have sex with, so I say we'll) do for our animals.

Hope your poochie is feelin better soon fordie.

ZDH Game profile

Jul 14th 2011, 6:51:17

Originally posted by NOW3P:
I had to pay $1200 to ship a cat from Bosnia to Minnesota. It's amazing the fluff we'll (the wife, who I like to have sex with, so I say we'll) do for our animals.

Hope your poochie is feelin better soon fordie.

uhhh I would have told my wife your fluff out of luck. Cuz for $1200 you can get a whole lot of fluff ;-)
-BigZ

Billi_AoDT Game profile

Jul 14th 2011, 9:11:33

good luck man

NOW3P Game profile

Jul 14th 2011, 10:36:01

ZDH - you're obviously not married ;-)

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 14th 2011, 22:35:36

all the best for you all, ford :(

=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/

QM Diver Game profile

Jul 15th 2011, 1:01:39

My Shepherd/collie mixed dog, 'Breeze', was 17, before he kinda looked up at me, and told me he was done.

I thought I'd never have a problem putting a bullet in his head, as many times as I had to bail him out of jail, and all...

Once, I was just home from work, and Breeze comes crawling up the steps.. and crawls in to the room, I send him in, when he's in deep fluff! About then, this California Highway Potrol rides up on his cop's bike. Turns it off and says "HEY! Is that your dog?"
I thought 'Oh, fluff!' "YES!" I told him, and he ordered me down the stairs, as he had something he wanted to show me...
This guy lifts his leg, and rests it on the seat of his motorcycle, and points to the heal of his boot.. There were these gnarly bite marks obviously penetrated the leather in his boot, that the tops of these things went higher than any other boots I've seen. Past his calf, easy!..
He told me those boots were brand new, and asked me if I knew how much they cost..
I replied, 'No, but it looks like I'm buying you a new pair!' :O(

He told me I was lucky he was a dog lover, and that he could fix his boots.. But..... If he EVER saw my dog again down on the street, (chasing anything with 2 wheels), he would have animal control come by and pick him up.
I humbly thanked him, for not ruining my already suffering income...
Breeze lived for 119 years, in a dog's life span, so I think he had a good life.. 17(human) years is a long time to become.. friends..
What was unexpected, was watching him grow older than I was... From a clumsy puppy, then passed me up, in age, only to die, finally.. I had to take him to a vet, as I really couldn't take him out, myself.. An emotional time, that..

Good luck, with your dog, Ford..

Natural Born Killers
PreZ

Dragon Game profile

Jul 15th 2011, 1:18:54

Years ago, I had a neighbor who had a Blue Tick Hound. His name was Ace and he was Mike's best friend in the world. One day, while I was rebuilding a motor at Mike's house, Mike was out brush hogging a field and I heard the most awful thing. It was Ace and I knew something was terribly wrong.

Ace managed to get too close to the tractor and the Brush Hog just about amputated 3 of his legs. Mike was a mess and brought Ace back to the yard. I was an EMT so I tried to splint the 3 legs and stop the bleeding.

I got to the point where he could go to the nearest vet, but I asked Mike if he wanted me to put the dog down. He said no ad took the dog to the vet. A couple hours later, his fluff mother called me complaining because I cost them a vet bill. SOmetimes, no matter how hard or how painful, the best thing you can do is put your friend down.

QM Diver Game profile

Jul 15th 2011, 2:33:47

Yup!
Natural Born Killers
PreZ

mrford Game profile

Jul 15th 2011, 16:44:35

shes back at home, albeit drugged up outta her mind. apparently the problem wasnt as extensive as they first thought. although they sent the anomaly off to biopsy they think shes out of the woods.

she does look really funny though, she has about a 6-7 inch incision on her belly, and they shaved her belly and 2 of her legs where they had IVs. I havnt gotten a bill yet and I know its probably going to be a bit harsh, but who cares.....its only money lol, i can earn some more of it.

as for "putting her down", if it was something bad enough sure, i would....but if its something that can humanely be taken care of, id try to save her life like i would my wife or any of my children, as ive had this dog longer than them!

shes eating and going outside as of now, although a bit loopy from the pain meds they have her on. Id say in a few days, week tops shell be back to her normal self. worth it
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

PapaSmurf Game profile

Jul 15th 2011, 16:55:45

I have two dogs.

Journey (3-4 years) she is a beautiful dog, super smart and stubborn, which makes her a bit of a pain, lol. She is a plott hound.

BigMac (about 1+ years) a bit like Dug from the movie Up. Not the sharpest dog, but extremely loyal. I rescued him from a garbage can in a McDonalds parking lot, hence the name. Vet guess he's a black lab and huskey mix.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 16th 2011, 3:36:15

I;m sorry to hear the your dog is suffering dude. I know how it is. Your Dog is your best buddy, ever. They are always loyal, think you are the greatest hunter the world has even known, is always glad to see you, greets you at the door when you come home with a great deal of celebration, etc.

I had a Golden Retriever when I was in the Navy, he was a 3 state obedience champion. Had to leave him with my parents when I got deployed. I never got him back. My mother just wouldn't let him go. She thought he spoke English.

I used to make killer money studding him out. 800 bucks for a weekend visit with some female Golden. That was kinda nice, actully, He was a hell of a gigolo.

Cerberus of the MI
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 20th 2011, 23:18:52

getting paid $800 for a weekend with a hot blonde ... nice work if you can get it?
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/

mrford Game profile

Jul 21st 2011, 0:24:34

well, she is still on light pain killers, and she still looks stupid with 3 of her legs and her belly shaved, but she is 90% back to her old self.

the biopsy came back and the news was good. she should be fine and live out the rest of her life liver cancer free.

it did end up costing me a few grand, but imo it was worth it. i can make more money, i cant replace this dog
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Dragon Game profile

Jul 21st 2011, 2:35:21

All that really matters is that you still have your friend and you think it was worth the cost. Glad things worked out for you. :)

Good lookin' girl, btw. :)

QM Diver Game profile

Jul 21st 2011, 2:40:48

Don't ya just love good endings?

Lucky you, Ford! You might be spending a few grand on a dead dog!

She thought he spoke English.
===============================
I'll bet he DID speak english..
I had conversations with Breeze. Some people just never understood... ;o)

Natural Born Killers
PreZ

Mr Emerald

Jul 21st 2011, 20:14:12

Originally posted by mrford:
http://i303.photobucket.com/...ford_photo/0529091441.jpg
http://i303.photobucket.com/...ford_photo/1204091340.jpg
http://i303.photobucket.com/...ford_photo/1208091519.jpg
http://i303.photobucket.com/...ford_photo/0522001415.jpg

Was acting weird this morning, has been fine for the last week. she was acting lethargic and wasnt her normal hyper self so we took her to the vet.

apparently she had some internal bleeding steming from a tumor on her liver.

WTF!

shes been in surgery for the last 2 hours or so and im expecting a call any time now. if you are a dog lover you know how much it blows when anything is wrong with yours, its like family.

Shes 10 years old and has some Basenji, German Shepard, and Chow in her.

I know what you are going through ford... I was worried when my dog got neutered. Yep... small procedure and I was worried as a mother fluffer lol
We are not the same, I am martian!
you are all retarded in the eyes of fluff
o o
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER TEDDY BEAR!!!