Verified:

Rockman Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 16:34:04

I think the solution is to give these techs extra things they do, rather than just increasing their percentage.

If we made spy tech also increase spy production, that would greatly help spy countries, as it would decrease the number of indies they need to run.

If we made medical tech decrease the losses one would suffer from special attacks (both buildings, civilians, and food), then that would make it a very attractive technology in war.

Medical tech already has a 2nd use in that it helps cure bioterrorism, but thats a rather minor one. Both spy tech and medical tech need major 2nd uses.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 26th 2011, 22:49:52

I've always thought that medical tech did in fact reduce your losses in battle of any kind. I may be wrong, but I always have a lot of medical tech and it seems to me enemies bleed all over me regularly and lose lots more military than I do.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Iovan Game profile

Jun 27th 2011, 2:46:49

Medical down to 60% sounds appealing to me.

Chewi Game profile

Jun 27th 2011, 3:52:32

Medical tech should actually decrease attacking losses instead of just defending.

Chaoswind Game profile

Jun 27th 2011, 4:15:03

Logic

When you attack, your hospitals are in your country

When you get attacked....

me goes to sleep
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

Chewi Game profile

Jun 27th 2011, 5:16:07

Somebody has never heard of M*A*S*H!

Iovan Game profile

Jun 27th 2011, 6:58:18

Medical technology presumably isn't just what you have in civilian hospitals. Better tools and methods for field hospitals should impact losses. However if you want to be completely logical then medical technology shouldn't impact the survival of jets/tanks/turrets ANYWAY. :|

Chaoswind Game profile

Jun 27th 2011, 11:51:09

Point taken
;p
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

NukEvil Game profile

Jun 27th 2011, 13:17:44

Perhaps rename Medical technology to something that represents what actually happens, then?

Perhaps ForceField or just Shield technology? Especially if vehicles/equipment are also affected by it.

Logic:

It's the year 2025.

You send military to take land from another country.

Your units get hit, but don't die immediately if you have enough shield technology.

When a unit's shield gets depleted, and that unit takes another hit afterwards, it dies.

Same happens if you are the one getting attacked.

P.S. In the year 2025, we should have the ability to attack with this:

http://v.cdn.cad-comic.com/...cs/cad-20110624-207f2.png
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Trife Game profile

Jun 27th 2011, 20:26:07

Marshal Game profile

Jun 27th 2011, 20:51:15

at year 2025 we might be fighting with icesticks etc.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

xaos Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 28th 2011, 7:43:10

Yeah, I've always thought a reasonable way to have medical tech get bumped up is to have it affect civilian losses. For quite some time, I just assumed it did that :P