Verified:

Forgotten

Jun 19th 2011, 20:32:04

Even with half the server pretty much at war right now, Oil is still at 16x price range.

There are definitely not that many Fascist oilers around, it's all the war countries that build their own rigs that decreases the demand for oil on the public market.

A pure oiler should make making a crap load of money with this sort of warfare going on in the server, but instead, we see the price actually drop because of the increased production of more people building their own rigs.

What I'm suggesting, is lowering the amount of oil produced by each oil rig, and adding oil consumption by jets and tanks on a turn by turn basis like bushels, because if the troops, and jets and tanks (some how manages to eat bushels) needs bushels each turn, shouldn't jets and tanks need oil for each turn as well?

maybe lower the $ overhead for jets and tanks, but add on a need for oil.

same with turrets, require some oil for use.

this way, with half the server at war, a netting oiler should actually benefit.

we could even add in some government bonuses, commie? less oil consumption, maybe military base lowers oil consumption as well, so a TMBR would not require oil for turn by turn basis.

and add in a bonus too, for oil consumption lowering.
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 20th 2011, 16:08:35

"But when does oil ever come close to jets/turrets?"

All the time!! It's often *higher*!

You don't need tech as an oiler!

If played well in a good set, oiler can dominate....

Of course it's market dependent, but so are the other goods, until the last week or so...
Finally did the signature thing.

Forgotten

Jun 20th 2011, 17:11:26

You didn't address the issue of oil being in abundance when countries in war make their own.

It just doesn't seem right that a tyr farmer with 500 rigs can support itself at 13k acres

~LaF's Retired Janitor~

mrford Game profile

Jun 20th 2011, 18:30:13

These are early wars with low breaks. I do not agree with the sugested changes because that would CRIPPLE clans that decide on late set wars.

If this was a week 5 or 6 war 500 rigs would in no way be enough.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Marshal Game profile

Jun 20th 2011, 19:48:00

and warrers buy oil at beginning when its cheap so they don't need to buy it that much later.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Forgotten

Jun 20th 2011, 21:30:49

if the wars continue,

an oiler should be able to hit top 10

but nope
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Purposeful1 Game profile

Jun 20th 2011, 23:56:38

Hmmm... or, oil production could be dependent on percentage of land devoted to oil rigs, just like research labs.
Purposeful1

Iovan Game profile

Jun 21st 2011, 3:20:50

What about all the pollution? Why should oilers be getting anything when those countries can work out alternative fuel sources? (not serious)

I don't agree with the solutions but I agree that oil is not perfect. The amount oil sells for on private markets should be upgraded a bit to make the public market more competitive. The amount of oil for military units shouldn't be constant either. It should take more oil to send jets than it should take to send tanks (jet fuel is harder to produce) and it should take less oil to send troops than it does to send tanks. Say 10 jets barrel, 20 tanks, and 50 troops per barrel.

Marshal Game profile

Jun 21st 2011, 20:54:48

you can't sell oil at priv. market (at least not at alliance/team servers).
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Iovan Game profile

Jun 21st 2011, 22:39:59

Everyone plays those servers too right? RIGHT? >.>

If we're talking about issues with oil perhaps that's part of its issues on those servers. If more of it was sold on the private market then it would help oilers and also make oil more competitive on the public market.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 26th 2011, 22:26:06

Just make it impossible for any other government type to build oil rigs, except the fascist government. Should guarantee oil prices for the fascisti, anyway.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!