Verified:

Flamey Game profile

Jun 17th 2011, 22:52:34

People with 0 spies get totally spied out very quickly. SR's weren't even this useless on mehuls code.

Rockman Game profile

Jun 17th 2011, 23:03:28

My suggestion, made a while back, was to make a 'DR' for the effectiveness of spy ops, making them gradually decrease in their effectiveness, rather than giving a success rate penalty. And obviously, it would need to follow a different scale than LG gains, since it should take more than 5 spy ops to get someone to 50% damage on ops.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 18th 2011, 6:14:10

hmm
that sounds pretty reasonable
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Murf Game profile

Jun 18th 2011, 13:31:47

i miss the days of being able to SR people down to 12 civs

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 18th 2011, 23:47:59

A system that gives players with 1 spy far greater protection than those with no spies relies on player ignorance to be effective. The whole system needs to be reworked.

ZIP Game profile

Jun 19th 2011, 13:33:46

^^ yeah for slag !!
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

lincoln

Jun 19th 2011, 14:56:28

Fantastic

I am sure W and deter will rejoice as well
Too bad dantzig left before this day arrived)))

Spy DR has been a large impediment to the growth of this game

This thread is a welcome event

My suggestion is:
A spy op against an opponent with a higher SPAL never succeeds

In other cases,
Spy DR still kicks in and increases slowly but spy DR will not protect a tiny
SPAL country

Keep the same formula you have but multiply it once more by the spy country,sSPAL divided by the target,s SPAL with the proviso that spy DR never protects a zero spy country
FoG

KeTcHuP Game profile

Jun 19th 2011, 15:25:19

Issue with lincolns suggestion is you will get countries droppping to 1k acres to be immune to spy ops because noone will have a higher SPAL, and be able to destroy any other country in war.
Ketchup the Thoughtful Suicidier

Rockman Game profile

Jun 19th 2011, 17:55:40

Originally posted by KeTcHuP:
Issue with lincolns suggestion is you will get countries droppping to 1k acres to be immune to spy ops because noone will have a higher SPAL, and be able to destroy any other country in war.

yep, and if a country is getting killed and drops most of its land, its already hard enough to get a spy op on it. Lincoln's idea would make that even worse.

And no, spy DR has NOT been a large impediment to the growth of this game. Its a very minor issue related to the growth of the game. How many people quit/leave because spy DR once a country has had 25+ spy ops done on it makes spy ops much harder?

How many leave because of topfeeders, bottomfeeders, suiciders, and people who do multiple harmful spy ops or farm excessively without provocation?

Lincoln's excessive use of numerous harmful spy ops without provocation has probably been a greater cause of people leaving/quitting than has the difficulty of doing spy ops on a target that has already been hit by 25+ harmful spy ops in the last day.

At least SR is a powerful enough spy op to be worth using. Stealing tech, food, or cash is barely worth using, to the point that one has to do 10-20 ops on someone to get a decent amount. But seeing someone do 10-20 ops on you without provocation is not something that's good for the game, it will cause many people to leave if such extremes are allowed.

While we need to change spy DR, we also need to make it so that doing a long string of spy ops on a country is not excessively damaging, probably meaning that the initial spy ops need to get a boost, but the gains need to decrease fairly rapidly to being similar or less than what they are right now.

Jade Penn Game profile

Jun 19th 2011, 22:58:12

I uesd to love spy killing in the old earth 2025.

lincoln

Jun 20th 2011, 0:16:02

Ketchup,
The admins have already safeguarded against your scenario by imposing arbitrary restrictions on the number of ops a country can run in 24hours.

Poor rock man just posted that because he was so humiliated when I publicly taught him how gdi works. That was my fault, I should have instructed him in private.
FoG

Rockman Game profile

Jun 20th 2011, 0:30:04

Originally posted by lincoln:
Ketchup,
The admins have already safeguarded against your scenario by imposing arbitrary restrictions on the number of ops a country can run in 24hours.

Poor rock man just posted that because he was so humiliated when I publicly taught him how gdi works. That was my fault, I should have instructed him in private.

Why would I be humiliated about not knowing about a 'rule' that wasn't in the rules?

And why are you dodging my criticisms or your ideas in this thread?