Verified:

braden Game profile

Jun 4th 2011, 1:58:24

or produce it domestically?

i did a quick google search, which lead me to multiple lists of natural resources, but none mentioned any sort of wool.

australia, new zealand, china, argentina, turkey and iran are said to be the top six (what i assume to be) producers of wool.

i recently bought a blazer made in indonesia, and i am wondering if the wool itself it is made of is indonesian or if they would have imported the wool just to export the jacket?

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Jun 4th 2011, 2:01:15

That's a little random. I am sure a little more diligent googling would get you the wisdom you crave, young padawan.
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jun 4th 2011, 2:06:31

my guess would be that they imported the wool from New Zealand or Austrailia.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

braden Game profile

Jun 4th 2011, 4:24:08

I got as far as angolan wool coing from the angola rabbit and assumed i was going in the wrong way, vic.

my follow up question, dibs, would be how much more economical it would be to buy a suit tailored/fashioned in the same county the wool was produced?

i also though somebody from indonesia or a wool exporting country might know off hand and be able to help me, but yes very random (my idea is to purchase*nothing* from china)

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jun 4th 2011, 10:47:34

i dunno. i'm still trying to figure out why my tuna comes from Thailand.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 4th 2011, 23:01:13

bug a kiwi
Finally did the signature thing.

Evolution Game profile

Jun 6th 2011, 13:52:48

Unless it was an expensive blazer it probably wasn't from Australia or NZ. I was talking to someone recently, and you can barely buy the highest quality Australian wool in Australia because it fetches such a high price overseas.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

braden Game profile

Jun 6th 2011, 15:43:19

three hundred canadian before taxes. (i can not afford to shop at harry rosen.. though i fluffing wish :P)

alfred sung collection, from moores. it turns out he also makes beautiful bridesmaid dresses. or, well, the models are beautiful, the dresses are nice enough, i suppose? :P

turns out alfred sung is like the king of canadian fashion. i could have gotten a pronto uomo or joseph and feiss blazer (i think) but i already have a suit of each, and my winter jacket is pronto uomo, so i went with sung and am not at all disappointed.

i'm just interested, that's all :) and thank you for all answers so far:)

Evolution Game profile

Jun 7th 2011, 0:11:16

speaking of which I need a new good wool suit. My current suits are $800 wool, $200 blend, 2x $20 dollars (lol).

The wool suit unfortunately is wearing out.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 12th 2011, 0:12:04

What would it matter if they imported it or not?

Are you looking to differentiate your jacket from any others from other locations, thinking perhaps that Indonesian wool might be better somehow? As far as I know, the superior wool gatherers in the world are Scottish.

I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!