Verified:

Rockman Game profile

May 26th 2011, 15:01:35

Either remove the 5 member cap from tags on team server, or start deleting alliances that have more than one tag on team server. It's way too early to just give up on a server and let the cheaters run it.

spawn Game profile

May 26th 2011, 15:15:44

band together and gangbang them until they play by your rules, no need for admin intervention imo
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

Rockman Game profile

May 26th 2011, 15:23:22

Yes, the hands off approach worked so well in Earth 2025 against RD in 1A and against botrunners and mass multis in FFA.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 26th 2011, 15:48:33

i think we tried this or something but it's hard to enforce; Makinso had some good ideas for team but they were really complicated so they're on ice atm
Finally did the signature thing.

spawn Game profile

May 26th 2011, 16:18:57

RD in 1a in earth2025 ran multies, now they dont
/slap iZarcon

Marshal Game profile

May 26th 2011, 19:36:55

Originally posted by spawn:
band together and gangbang them until they play by your rules, no need for admin intervention imo

there was war to stop alliances at team and there weren't alliances at team before rd came to server.

atm team has bit more players than earth2025's limited server had but otherwise servers are identical.

besides at 1 point rd had half/over half of players on their tags and next largest were friends with them so ........... dunno about current situation.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

spawn Game profile

May 26th 2011, 20:06:14

fair enough, hard to war them then :-/
/slap iZarcon

W Game profile

May 26th 2011, 20:18:32

RD looks to be at 21 countries this set.

rockman still doesn't seem to understand that:

1.) no one is requiring that he play team server
2.) there are plenty of other servers for him to choose from
3.) there are plenty of players that enjoy playing team server as it currently stands

i have ideas for a capture the flag type game (thread somewhere ~year ago) which would involve a small team working to accomplish goals versus other teams throughout a set. different things like stealing and holding a 'flag' for the longest time, accomplishing successful military and netgaining goals, etc. a game where working with another team doesn't make sense, because you'd be working against your own team. similar to makinso's ideas they would probably be somewhat complicated to implement.

if team server is changed at some point in the future, i'd hope that the existing players would be able to contribute ideas and feedback towards it's development, and that it would introduce a significant gameplay change versus existing servers.
[9:22pm] xHx: on a fluff ton of tech
[9:22pm] xHx was kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)
[9:22pm] Within[SnG]: what?? fluff this
[9:22pm] You were kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)

Rockman Game profile

May 26th 2011, 20:21:11

W - the fact that team server isn't the only server is not sufficient justification for allowing cheating on that server.

aponic Game profile

May 26th 2011, 20:26:08

Your gripe, rockman, is the reason i have cumulatively played the team server for only a total of several days in its existence. The idea of only five countries to a team has always been a joke.
SOF
Cerevisi

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

May 26th 2011, 22:57:15

Yeah team server has become a joke. But if we were to limit it to real five man teams, where would all the failed alliances go to become the bullies just like those that forced them from alliance server?

Drinks Game profile

May 27th 2011, 8:40:35

Rockman. Just want to clarify by saying. Stop using the term Cheating.

It does not say anywhere that cross retalling and cross killing is not allowed.(IE using multiple tags to retal or to kill a target)

So you can claim its not how the server was intended. But you cant say its cheating. That is all.

Im niether for nor against this. Just dont like reading incorrect things.
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

Rockman Game profile

May 27th 2011, 12:16:14

Originally posted by Drinks:
Rockman. Just want to clarify by saying. Stop using the term Cheating.

It does not say anywhere that cross retalling and cross killing is not allowed.(IE using multiple tags to retal or to kill a target)

So you can claim its not how the server was intended. But you cant say its cheating. That is all.

Im niether for nor against this. Just dont like reading incorrect things.

Please clarify what the purpose of limiting tags to 5 members is then. If it is not against the rules for one alliance to cross-retal and cross kill, then there is absolutely zero effect of limiting tags to 5 members.

So the two possibilities are that either the rule is completely useless, or that it is cheating to cross retal and cross kill.

My interpretation is that the rule was not a completely pointless rule, thus I conclude that it is cheating. Your interpretation differs from mine, in that you believe that some rules were created for absolutely no reason at all, because some people have chosen not to follow those rules, and those rules have not been enforced.

They need to either start enforcing the rule, or just remove it entirely to remove the confusion that allows the two of us to have different interpretations of the rule.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 27th 2011, 12:26:26

I completely agree with Rockman. The point of the server is to have 5 man teams compete against each other. I think we all know that. The reason people run multiple tags is to get an advantage over others who play by the rules, weather written or not 5 man teams is a rule if you ask me. Anytime one group/person gains an unfair (its unfair because you're supposed to only have 5 man teams) advantage over others I'd call that cheating.

And I disagree with qz, its not that hard to enforce, you just don't want to spend the time doing it. Not that it is a bad thing or not lets just be honest. Maybe you should recruit someone who can admin that server and who would enjoy keeping it clean. I know there is some trustworthy individual out there who has the time/ accountability to make it happen.

EDIT: I'd also like to add that RD can only exist in a place where they can cheat to win. Look at what happened to them in the alliance server...

Edited By: Requiem on May 27th 2011, 12:39:49
See Original Post

xaos Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 27th 2011, 22:09:59

Solution: Eliminate the Team server.

xaos Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 27th 2011, 22:16:36

Requiem, also it *IS* most certainly hard to enforce. Yeah sure, right now people are using xTaGx, xTaG2x, xTaG3x etc etc...

If they thought they'd be "caught" for doing so, what's to stop them from just naming them other fluff? Say they tag up as, xTaGx, Clanzor, and LoLnub. Say they just pacted themselves out, such as cross-clan retals, or cross-clan protection, or some other rediculous pact agreed upon outside the game?

Are we then going so far as to say A- You cannot have any foreign relations (ally slots and the like) with a different tag? B- You cannot LG a target that recently LGed a tag other than yours? C- You cannot pact any other clans?

Where would it stop? fluff, for that matter, where would it even begin? I, for one, would 100% refuse to try and enforce anything of the sort. It's just impossible.

Drinks Game profile

May 28th 2011, 7:14:33

Exactly what Xaos said
And chaos 'You cannot have any foreign relations (ally slots and the like) with a different tag"<<<< Is already in place lol

But yeah.

If my tag agrees not to hit another tag. Is that then counted as a pact or are they counted as 2 tags playing as 1 alliance. Furthermore they agree to a LDP, FPD and they jump in to defend their ally, are u going to delete both tags. Cause thats how the politics in the game work.

If a tag is killing someone and i cherry pick it. Am i then helping that clan, is our tag now working together and the mods will have to delete all 10 people.

Or if you tripple tapped me this set and it pissed me off. But then you did it to another tag, and they started killing you. So i got my tag to also kill you. Is it then an alliance or did you deserve it. What if its a double tap, what if its just someone holding a grudge from previous sets and decides to get their tag to join in.

What if u attack my good friend for no reason at all. Am i then allowed to help my friend or are you going to delete me. How can u tell that im just helping him and not actually in an alliance together.

If i see someone farm Lords, and i then hit that guy cause he is now fat. Is my tag now counted as defending Lords? Or was it purely for gains. What if i did 2 grabs, 3 grabs. Where do you draw the line.

Its impossible to manage.

And i stand by my point before, Its not cheating as the rules dont say "You cannot pact other teams, you cannot assist other teams, u can not talk to other teams, you can not make agreements with other teams, you can not help defend other teams"

Cause in the end what the hell is the difference between 2 teams being called Lords1 and Lords 2 and having a shared alliance. And having 2 teams called Lords and called FBI, but having a FDP. They will both act exactly the same.

And dont say im bias or anything because I spent 2 or 3 sets fighting for teams to remain individual. But there was no enough support for it when we banded together as spawn suggested. So there is no need for admins to interevene, nor is there an easy way for them to intervene, and its not technically cheating
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 28th 2011, 14:29:49

1. Why is there a 5 country limit for a Tag?
2. Why do people try to have multiple Tags under one alliance?

If you are not going to enforce a blatant disregard for the spirit of the server you should either do what rockman said and remove the restriction or format the server because it's worthless.

Marshal Game profile

May 28th 2011, 19:44:34

1. orig. idea was 5 members team vs other 5 members team

2. some teams (alliances) are too small to play at alliance-server and some teams (alliances) members play at alliance-server

Tin Man

May 29th 2011, 13:45:04

the only people who can stop this are RD, but they won't because they never known how to play "legit". I do however like seeing RD playing by the moderator determined "rules" no multiple countries etc but would like to see them set a better example for the rest of the alliances in Team(i.e. no cross retalling/cross killing)

And wouldn't it be nice to test your might against other RD members?

lincoln

May 29th 2011, 16:09:12

When one considers how long it took to kill LaE, the rule changes it took to kill LaEx, the personal abuse absorbed by players and admins alike to kill that evil, combined with pang's statements about how disruptive and discouraging the cheating has been, as well as pang's post aout how it causes the admins to spend way too much time on the current player base at the cost of site development, the most reasonable suggestion is to replace the server altogether and replace it with a server that is easier to police.
FoG

Marshal Game profile

May 29th 2011, 19:35:47

options are:

1. make team allowing limitless alliances

2. make team as pay to play server (like limited was at mehul's game)

3. enforce 5 members cap for each alliance

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 29th 2011, 21:43:26

or makinso's fancyplan hehe
Finally did the signature thing.

Twist Game profile

May 30th 2011, 20:13:41

I have never played the team server, but even I believe that removing the membership cap would pretty much make it a duplicate of the alliance server.

However, I can see several ways that will make it possible to hide the tags from eathother, but none that would make life easy for anyone ;)

But ideally: Assign players a new random name/numer daily, allowing only the members of the tag to see eachothers current tag affiliation and number. This would I admit make warring another tag very difficult, but not entirely impossible.
There'd ofcourse have to be ways to ensure that retals will be possible, f.i by not assigning the new random number within 24 hours of a hit being made, or by allowing the person hit to see the current number assigned to a player for a certain period of time.... OR another way... But no way is this gonna be an easy fix ;)