Verified:

Jade Penn Game profile

May 25th 2011, 13:37:21

A country that is successful in defending a LG should get something instead of just losing military/networth and so should their defense allies. Not a lot but something. Maybe 50 acres for the defender and 25 acres each for the defense allies.

lincoln

May 25th 2011, 16:03:56

tctGk members would exploit this to the max

any time you suggest a change you have to consider what the cheaters will do
FoG

spawn Game profile

May 25th 2011, 16:25:16

1% of the attackers cash/food :)
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

NukEvil Game profile

May 25th 2011, 17:06:27

I'd really like this change. I could just have someone send minimum military at my country and fail a bunch of times. This would probably be worst in FFA. I figure it'd be more or less the same as internal farming, except only one country gets the benefits.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Jade Penn Game profile

May 25th 2011, 17:24:05

LOL, ok so people would find ways to take advantage. but there should be more of a penalty for making a bad land grab choice and less of a one on the defenders and their defense allies. I mean on the single server games it ticks me off when my def allies hold on double and triple taps and I lose millions worth of military. They can retal but what do I get out of it?

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

May 26th 2011, 16:36:35

The same protection in return without having to buy 50% more military or carry the costs of upkeep? If you don't want to defend your allies, simply don't have allies.

Jade Penn Game profile

May 26th 2011, 19:02:55

LOL, well maybe your right my new policy should be to have each ally and myself just grab the offender after the retal.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

May 26th 2011, 22:30:46

if ghost acres can exist for successful attacks, then they can exist for successful defends.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Drinks Game profile

May 27th 2011, 8:45:41

If we get 1% resources from a defend, you should call it
"THE FFA STOCK TRANSFER"
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

trainboy Game profile

Jun 4th 2011, 10:21:55

Well in theory if you come to my lands. If I hold my defenses and force a retreat I'm surely going to potentially advance on to someone's land. I'm not just going to stop at my border....

I'd say this is a good idea. For a def held gain 1% of an opponents land capped at once every 72 hours to stop abuse? Because actual successful grabs would be far more effective anyways. Another way to generate land. And the potential military mininium post could be solved as it comes from the attackers land. Or if u send below a threshold of 90% you get nothing?

Chaoswind Game profile

Jun 6th 2011, 0:11:49

While is true that defenders don't get anything at all, you need to keep certain things on your mind

Attackers lose TURNs, Oil, and Military to attack
Defenders Lose Military (if they win)

So any kind of change could tip the balance... 1% of the attacker Cash/Food? = Stock Transfer (Uber Abused in FFA)
Ghost Acres for DHs don't sound right either.

Remember even DH count towards DR, so they are an advantage on their own.

I would say make defenders earn 5% of the worth of Military Units killed:

5000 jets killed = 250 jets sold at Private Market Price (NOT FLAT, your OWN PM price "fluff you Theos"
250*48= $12000 cash
or 1%
5000 jets killed = 50 jets sold at Private Market Price
50*48= $2400 cash

Now the logic behind this?

The fact that those countries are defending means that the battle ground are their lands, so destroyed Jets/Tanks would lay blown to bits on their lands, and dead troops equipment as well.

So they should be able to salvage some of it and sell it.

This can easily be abused by self farmers and players that use the DR rule to protect their countries, so here comes another suggestion that may be a tad hard to get into the game, even though I believe the foundations needed are already in place:

Add Army Morale to the game:

How it would work? based on the Attack Success %

Army morale is a penalty to those that fail too much.

This would only work after +20 attacks have been done and I dunno if Missiles should count towards it.

Penalties would be increased MU's deaths and increased loses when attacked (and army with low morale won't protect their lands as effectively)

100% to 80% No penalties to the player
79% to 60% (counters medical tech, causes 10% more MU deaths while attacking and defending)
59% to 40% (counters medical tech, causes 30% more MU deaths while attacking and defending AND LG loses get a 10% bonus)
39% to 20% (counters medical tech, causes 50% more MU deaths while attacking and defending AND LG loses get a 15% bonus)
19% to 0% (counters and medical tech, causes 90% more MU deaths while attacking and defending AND LG loses get a 20% bonus)

What is the goal to this?

Punish those that abuse the DR rule by failing attacks on purpose, getting DR by DH is bad enough, but it cannot be changed as is an important rule to protect countries.

Countries with low Morale would be Super B targets for attackers as they would get 20% more gains on such countries.

a Tyranny with 135% Military Strat + 20% bonus for hitting a country with low Morale (almost 185% right?)

Downsides? Lemming gets fluffed up in the azz, but lets be honest, if you have to do A LOT of lemming in a war, then that pretty much means the other side won >_>

Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Jun 7th 2011, 14:12:30

Basic concept in rl or games is that a defender never gets anything unless they counter attack aka RETAILING =P
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

spawn Game profile

Jun 7th 2011, 14:26:37

i like the moral idea
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

NukEvil Game profile

Jun 7th 2011, 15:24:01

I love retailing. I just don't like working for retail.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 9th 2011, 12:15:54

the problem with giving defenders something is you could get into a situation where big countries are untouchable by little countries

currently you can lemming down a big country, but if for example DH meant 0 defensive losses that would not be possible

maybe you could do it just for SS/PS but id still be very cautious

Jade Penn Game profile

Jun 9th 2011, 15:21:27

Well I was just thinking it would be for ss/ps but since it's brought up if you have to do lemming hits it should be costly for the attacker. Why should it be easy for suciders that have to keep building new starts to attack countries that are well built.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 10th 2011, 2:42:49

easy is different to possible

but id assume you are talking about ffa where if one person gets in humanitarian range they can probably use 16 countries to take out 1 bigger country

Jade Penn Game profile

Jun 10th 2011, 13:08:20

yeap, I was thinking of the ffa on the lemming thing.

Rockman Game profile

Jun 10th 2011, 17:12:03

How about they get medical tech for a successful DH? Medical tech isn't worth much right now, but the reason could be that by successfully defending your country, you learn more about how to lessen losses.

As long as you tie medical tech gains to military losses of the defender, its hard to abuse. If you make it so that every 100 troops, 50 turrets, or 25 tanks lost gives 1 point of medical tech, then its hard to exploit it. If you sold the military rather than losing it in combat, you would be able to buy more medical tech than was created by having a DH.

This would make it slightly harder to lemming a big country down, but I think thats a good thing. Its a bit too easy to lemming countries down right now.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 26th 2011, 22:21:42

This is a good idea. It could use some massaging around and thought being put into it, but it's got merit.

I remember, when I first got started playing, if you attacked a country and your tech/pci, etc was well above the defenders percentages you used to get some percentage of military that would defect to your country. So, you now only got the land, you also got some of the military of the "victim" of the landgrab. This can be implemented with a bit of thought being put into it I'm sure.

Cerberus of the MI
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 26th 2011, 22:24:30

Oh, yeah, I also love retailing. It's how you get things.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!