(I watch you as you are sleeping) HOW CUTE ;P

jon316 Game profile

Apr 27th 2011, 1:12:50

No.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 27th 2011, 1:15:07

I've thought about this on occasion (because of TEQ heh) but I can't see how we could implement it in such a way that it wouldn't become ridiculous to use...
Finally did the signature thing.

iwar Game profile

Apr 27th 2011, 1:16:44

4% interest on cash in the bank
)-} Killin is like my THING )-}

iwar Game profile

Apr 27th 2011, 1:17:42

and you can take out loans
)-} Killin is like my THING )-}

General Earl Game profile

Apr 27th 2011, 3:18:18

loans are a bad idea since either you die or the set ends and it never gets paid back (unless maybe liquidate the assets of a country to pay it off at the end of a set). Not to mention, it would probably promote a lot of suiciding.
General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!

Detmer Game profile

Apr 27th 2011, 3:18:48

I have thought about how a player-run bank could work and there is interesting potential (although 100% not worth it due to game mechanics)

Any sort of formalized bank I think would be bad for the game.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 27th 2011, 3:41:32

The warring countries dying and suiciding countries... suiciding... makes it an issue

Like... if Iran could, for arguments sake, take out the *BIGGEST LOANS ANYONE WOULD GIVE THEM* just to "suicide" on... the rest of the middle east or something? that would be the sort of issue we'd have... it doesn't make *sense* in the real world exactly...
Finally did the signature thing.

Marshal Game profile

Apr 27th 2011, 21:13:23

no bank, it would totally or partially ruin market.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Hersonissos Game profile

May 5th 2011, 1:28:17

Originally posted by iwar:
and you can take out loans
may as well add in a stock market, then each set there could be the potential for a total financial market collapse!

lincoln

May 5th 2011, 2:24:24

then allow the spies to infiltrate the market, the bank, and the stock market.

FoG

Twist Game profile

May 7th 2011, 17:07:18

How about a bonds market ?
Players could offer bonds on their own future earnings. Like say 10% on your production for x amount of turns (days would seem unprofitable due to the fact that people might not PLAY for days to save on costs of repayment). The value of these bonds would then be evaluated by the players themselves, thus setting a fair price that involves risk assesment (inlcuding suiciders).

The major problem would be giving enough information about the issuer of the bonds that a buyer can fairly evaluate the value of the bond, and not enough that the player can be identified, so this could be used as a cheating alternative to FA.

CrazyMatt Game profile

May 8th 2011, 20:30:54

Originally posted by General Earl:
loans are a bad idea since either you die or the set ends and it never gets paid back (unless maybe liquidate the assets of a country to pay it off at the end of a set). Not to mention, it would probably promote a lot of suiciding.

but the thing is, our accounts are linked to every country we play now, so the next set you could have to pay back the debt, and dont forget only 1 account per email so they cant just keep making new ones

CrazyMatt Game profile

May 8th 2011, 20:31:45

twist i already offered a stock market type deal buying and selling in our own products and buildings and techs... but it got shot down... i tihnk if we had something like this itd make netting more interesting

Twist Game profile

May 9th 2011, 22:23:58

10minutemail.com ;)

But I agree that whatever is made, should be made with some emphasis on being reasonably cheat proof. The game should never be about the easiest way to avoid the rules.

This is why I think an anonymous bonds market might be possible, but I admit it will be difficult. And the first superwar we see, everyone will have their bonds shot to crap ;)