Verified:

ZDH Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 18:12:41

Doesn't the Tigress do all the hunting and killing anyway?
-BigZ

samxz1269

Apr 18th 2011, 18:44:45

i will borrow this thread to post .... to get the bonus turn. is it ok ?

Revolver Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 19:03:03

thats a ridiculous move.. LaF didnt farm him at all. Intentions are clear.. Moderators from the game shouldn't have the right to be at the source of anti-'any alliance' post.. it starts to lack of serious guys. Let's go on with our old grudges and fluff the recruitment of new players.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 18th 2011, 19:23:16

I just got home from a long drive and logged into a bunch of messages about this fluff.... I guess it's because I'm an admin, a former LaFfer and someone who doesn't like to see people's playing experience ruined. This really isn't an admin issue, mod issue or any of that... it's an ingame issue for the parties involved to work out.

I'm disappointed to see anyone choose to spend his or her time playing with the indention to suicide... that's not unique to spawn, as I want to see everyone play to build themselves up rather than tear others down... or at least tear others down in a more enjoyable way :p

Spawn... you seem like you have a lot of anger still over the fist stuff. I have a suggestion for you: http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...start.php?clanID=Paradigm
PDM would probably be the best fit for you at this point. You both have major longstanding issues with the same alliances and PDM would likely enjoy having another veteran leader in their ranks. Why not take this chance to put your energy towards making PDM stronger and work to build something new to bring the other fist'ers back to. There's already a great core of players/leaders in PDM, sometimes adding another seasoned vet to a mix like that can help bring an alliance to new heights.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

paulie Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 19:40:58

maybe if laf wasnt farmers, they wouldnt spawn reactions like that
FOG!!

Raf Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 19:43:48

Pang you got this all wrong! Spawn should join LaF and then destroy then from the inside! Your influence can spread through their ranks like herpes!
+RAF

ld Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 20:29:53

seems like just another case of risk and reward on the alliance server... you hit somebody 3-4 times and hope they dont get revenge on you and your friends, when it happens you dont whine about it you move on. Its one person with one country, why all the fuss?

Rockman Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 20:44:57

Originally posted by ld:
seems like just another case of risk and reward on the alliance server... you hit somebody 3-4 times and hope they dont get revenge on you and your friends, when it happens you dont whine about it you move on. Its one person with one country, why all the fuss?

Because he had to create a thread to brag about how he suicided on alliance for farming him by hitting him once April 10, once April 16, twice April 17, and once April 18. And even though he had enough tanks to AB any of the countries that hit him, he instead chose a random country to suicide on.

And he's a game moderator who is trying to work himself out of a job by attempting to increase the rate at which players leave the game. When moderators suicide unprovoked on people's countries, you know they really don't like their job.

kemo Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 20:46:40

Originally posted by paulie:

he made a funny!!! im framing this fluff
all praised to ra

Rockman Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 20:47:43

Originally posted by paulie:

I don't think Paulie has read what his own alliance's policy towards untaggeds is.

toma Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 20:50:41

He doesn't mod the alliance server stop crying.

Though I have to say that was the lamest suicide ever.
Originally posted by Slagpit:
Ruining peoples fun for no reason is okay, but ruining it for a reason I disagree with isn't okay. Never change, community.

Prima Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 20:52:54

Originally posted by ZDH:
Doesn't the Tigress do all the hunting and killing anyway?

I'm putting this in my sig if that's ok ;)
ZDH: Doesn't the Tigress do all the hunting and killing anyway?
Happy Hunting - Tigress

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 18th 2011, 21:03:01

Originally posted by Rockman:
And he's a game moderator who is trying to work himself out of a job by attempting to increase the rate at which players leave the game. When moderators suicide unprovoked on people's countries, you know they really don't like their job.

What? I thought you felt that untaggeds should take revenge against the alliances that grab them in any way they see fit? How did we get from that to "unprovoked suicide"?

The fact that Spawn moderates on Express is about as relevant as his post count, so you can cut out the trolling.

Drow Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 21:14:19

now now pang. we've made a genuine effort to set our issues aside with LaF this set. so far as I know, apart from one guy who's right on the border of being booted because he keeps grabbing allies through refusing to check the embassy, we've had no dramas with LaF at al this set, and we'd like to keep it that way.

Drow
PDM Senate member
MSN:

Paradigm President of failed speeling

locket Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 21:16:04

Spawn grow up dude. 4 hits in like 9 days as an untagged is nowhere near farming. Retal or don't play untagged. Thats not even borderline justification for suiciding either. Should WoF have suicided PDM for the hits they did on them? Sheeesh. Stop trying to claim a moral highground. Just because clans like Evo Laf or Sof/Sol are involved in an incident does not implicitly mean that they are wrong as it seems to always be the case. Long story short. Grow up. Stop acting ignorant and join a clan with your ideals.

locket Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 21:18:07

Oh and you are clearly terrible at this game judging by the hits you have done.

Krakken

Apr 18th 2011, 21:21:15

locket I'm sure I can arrange something for laf if you feel like you haven't been suicided properly!

locket Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 21:23:36

No I am sure he has done a thorough job.

spawn Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 21:26:00

either that locket or i wasnt planning on suiciding with my GDI (gdi bonus), switching to labs, theo country to begin with
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

Rockman Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 21:27:06

What? I thought you felt that untaggeds should take revenge against the alliances that grab them in any way they see fit? How did we get from that to "unprovoked suicide"?

The fact that Spawn moderates on Express is about as relevant as his post count, so you can cut out the trolling.

I don't consider an untagged getting hit 4 times in 72 hours to be farming. If we want to discourage farming of untaggeds & retalling their retals, then one should punish those actions. His country was not farmed, nor did LaF retal his retals, and the countries he hit did not engage in that either.

Untaggeds who suicide in "preemptive retaliation" the way Spawn did encourage alliances to use "preemptive kill runs" on untaggeds. If you suicide on an alliance in response to farming or retalling of retals, thats very different.

Spawn did not suicide as a result of the actions of LaF towards his country, he created his country with the specific intention of suiciding on LaF. That is why it is unprovoked.

I believe in untaggeds using whatever retal policy they want in response to being farmed/killed, but not for them to use preemptive retals. Suiciding in response penalizes alliances for their actions. Suiciding before they do anything wrong encourages alliances to mistreat untaggeds because there's no reason for alliances to treat them reasonably.

The key as an untagged is to act in a manor that encourages and rewards alliances for being reasonable. Spawn's actions had the opposite effect.

Detmer Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 22:02:48

Originally posted by Pang:
I just got home from a long drive and logged into a bunch of messages about this fluff.... I guess it's because I'm an admin, a former LaFfer and someone who doesn't like to see people's playing experience ruined. This really isn't an admin issue, mod issue or any of that... it's an ingame issue for the parties involved to work out.

I'm disappointed to see anyone choose to spend his or her time playing with the indention to suicide... that's not unique to spawn, as I want to see everyone play to build themselves up rather than tear others down... or at least tear others down in a more enjoyable way :p

Spawn... you seem like you have a lot of anger still over the fist stuff. I have a suggestion for you: http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...start.php?clanID=Paradigm
PDM would probably be the best fit for you at this point. You both have major longstanding issues with the same alliances and PDM would likely enjoy having another veteran leader in their ranks. Why not take this chance to put your energy towards making PDM stronger and work to build something new to bring the other fist'ers back to. There's already a great core of players/leaders in PDM, sometimes adding another seasoned vet to a mix like that can help bring an alliance to new heights.

locket Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 22:03:55

Originally posted by Detmer:

I finally agree with every word Detmer said.

locket Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 22:21:43

Oh and Spawn, I notice you have 3-4 dead countries a reset ever since you and Fist quit. Including one that was an obvious intentional suicider using the xRDx tag.

Reckless Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 22:27:15

I like Pang.

ponderer Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 23:47:15

Well, Pang's recent posts make it kind of relevant. Spawn's timing is ... unfortunate as Pang is campaigning to reduce suiciding in the alliance game.

Originally posted by 119:
ya, just play a country to make yourself the best you can be... not tear down the work of others.

then you don't have to care at all about any policies any alliances adopt re:suiciders

Well, I think the claim that I am trying to run people out of the game is ridiculous. A large alliance was the one who made the claim that they have no qualms in killing all the untags.

i'm not talking about running people from the game...

I'm just saying that playing to win is much better for everyone than suiciding.
you know who typically get hurt by suiciders? the half-caring players who have one foot out the door already, and leave their country in a vulnerable spot. it's easy to make your country unattractive to suicider, but it requires more effort than some are willing to put in

if you're suiciding on SoF, you're unlikely to hit Ivan or Chevs or Aponic or someone like that who is going to shrug it off... you're more likely to hit someone you've never interacted with before, and the reaction could be anything

that just fuels the fire which makes this server less fun for all parties (that's how I've always felt, at least...)

m0m0rific

Dragonlance Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 0:17:00

slag is right, the fact spawn is a moderator on a different server is not relevant.

And rockman's point is absurd. LaF had the game admin playing in their tag for a long period of time, whilst they were actively running players from the alliance server through farming...

ridiculous.

dagga Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 0:36:09

Pang, I just don't get how you can stick up for the 'guys with half a foot out the door' while when they're not getting suicided on they're farming as many players as possible and 'ruining' it for those players.

Surely you can't have it both ways? Either (a) you support untagged farming (on this server, I support this, it is alliance after all) and you cop the good with the bad of the odd suicider, or (b) you change the game to discourage suiciding even more while making it harder for members of established alliances to farm untaggeds.

You just can't say 'youre ruining the game for others' to a suicider without saying it to the 10 guys who farmed him. Suiciding is a part of alliance, can't have it both ways.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

Evolution Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 0:48:31

Originally posted by hanlong:
I agree, you just spawn with someone special, no reason to move along.

I missed you hanlong, welcome back, I thought you quited :*(.

Honestly Pang, I can't see why you aren't allowed to play with Laf if you keep your administration neutral. It pains me to see you going down the Mickster path. It seems to me you want to, and if you can be neutral in your other roles, I don't see the problem. Some of your views will be laf-centric regardless of whether you are actively in laf or not. I think you got a bit of a hard time in the past because you had some difficulty seperating the perspectives. Though its unfair if you love a clan and are not allowed to play in it.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

hanlong Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 0:51:09

Pang hasn't played a country in LaF for the past 2 resets.

just fyi
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 19th 2011, 0:55:26

mmm I thought my posts on this topic were pretty clear -- there are times and places when you want to have the ability to cause harm to an enemy country for things it did to you. But I don't like seeing people's hard work go to waste when they didn't even do anything to a suicider (such as with this issue) and there are other more positive ways that everyone could be spending their playing time.

Also, this isn't something new either -- I've was looking to curb suiciding well before EE even existed. Maybe everyone just forgot. :)
There's better ways that everyone can accomplish their goals compared to suiciding (at least most of the time) and that's generally what I'm looking at getting across :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Notorious Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 1:04:46

mmm I thought my posts on this topic were pretty clear -- there are times and places when you want to have the ability to cause harm to an enemy country for things it did to you. But I don't like seeing people's hard work go to waste when they didn't even do anything to a suicider (such as with this issue) and there are other more positive ways that everyone could be spending their playing time.

Also, this isn't something new either -- I've was looking to curb suiciding well before EE even existed. Maybe everyone just forgot. :)
There's better ways that everyone can accomplish their goals compared to suiciding (at least most of the time) and that's generally what I'm looking at getting across :p

i completely support this effort

though i think it can be done with policy too as discussed in the sof thread
*eats a banana*
Notebook Pusher

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 19th 2011, 1:10:19

Originally posted by Evolution:
Originally posted by hanlong:
I agree, you just spawn with someone special, no reason to move along.

I missed you hanlong, welcome back, I thought you quited :*(.

Honestly Pang, I can't see why you aren't allowed to play with Laf if you keep your administration neutral. It pains me to see you going down the Mickster path. It seems to me you want to, and if you can be neutral in your other roles, I don't see the problem. Some of your views will be laf-centric regardless of whether you are actively in laf or not. I think you got a bit of a hard time in the past because you had some difficulty seperating the perspectives. Though its unfair if you love a clan and are not allowed to play in it.

What? That's never been a problem I've had. It's just been folks like you who don't want to believe there is a divide to keep pushing it. You guys are like the "birthers" against Obama at this point.
Also, don't forget that I'm as much as SoL'er as I am a LaF'er. :)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Rockman Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 1:34:42

Originally posted by Dragonlance:
slag is right, the fact spawn is a moderator on a different server is not relevant.

And rockman's point is absurd. LaF had the game admin playing in their tag for a long period of time, whilst they were actively running players from the alliance server through farming...

ridiculous.

If you play untagged, you expect to be farmed. This is an alliance server, there's little reason to play without an alliance, and no reason to play without an alliance and to take exception to being farmed. I've played as untagged, I've been farmed by LaF, its part of what you expect.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 19th 2011, 1:41:59

Ya, I gotta agree with Rockman.

And to be perfectly honest, DL, my influence on LaF likely made them hit less than if I hadn't been there.

PS. take my survey and send it to your friends ;p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Apr 19th 2011, 1:53:50

If you play untagged, you expect to be farmed. This is an alliance server, there's little reason to play without an alliance, and no reason to play without an alliance and to take exception to being farmed. I've played as untagged, I've been farmed by LaF, its part of what you expect.

And if your alliance steps the boundaries of what is acceptable, than others in the alliance may suffer the consequences. When we had a guy drop tag, and suicide on LaF---it cost all of us by paying reps to LaF. So the way I see it, if you are in an alliance---and your fellow clanmates farm, you should be prepared to make your country an unattractive candidate for retribution, or try to curb the amount of farming that takes place.

The problem will persist though as long as clans continue the retal policies that are in place.

de1i Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 1:56:36

To continue off of what Rockman said. It goes without saying to anyone that has played this game half as long as spawn that if you play "untagged" you will be farmed. If what has been said on this thread is true, I'm shocked that he was only hit 4 times in 9 days especially by LaF/Evo (no offense). Hell even in the wiki it says if you play without a tag, you will be farmed. http://wiki.earthempires.com/...hp/Choosing_a_game_server

Lets call a spade a spade here, you were playing to suicide. Going into the reset your intended target may not have been LaF but you didn't plan on netting all reset long. In fact this is the third reset in a row you have suicided, grow a pair and be honest about your actions. I also notice you lied to me about how you'd only suicide us once last reset for killing you 'unprovoked' (not that I mind, but I'd at least respect your doucheness if you were upfront about it).

As far as the moderator thing goes, IMO it is completely relevant when a moderator is acting like a *I'll save you the edit* in game.

Dragonlance Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 2:05:43

provoking rockman is so easy!:p

don't hate! procreate!

locket Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 2:52:14

Trollllloc!^ :P

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 19th 2011, 3:23:36

why are people quoting my posts and then not discussing what is actually said in the post? :-/

I didn't say anything about forcing people to join an alliance or be farmed or that anyone who is suicided on is an innocent victim... curbing suiciding != stopping people from being able to suicide, it's about creating conditions that make throwing your country away to harm someone else unnecessary.

I always said that AT'ers are better than folks on CNN.com or NFL.com, but I think I may have to take that back soon if this trend continues :|

Edited By: Pang on Apr 19th 2011, 3:28:13
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Reckless Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 3:30:35

So your saying if I do not join an alliance I will be killed?

;-)

locket Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 4:02:08

Reckless failed at trolling? :P

Prima Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 4:05:59

Originally posted by Reckless:
So your saying if I do not join an alliance I will be killed?

;-)

only if you get too big for your britches and decide to retal :p

--- ^^^ I have proof ;D
ZDH: Doesn't the Tigress do all the hunting and killing anyway?
Happy Hunting - Tigress

Dragonlance Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 4:22:39

lolcopter @ locket.

rockman is a good kid.

his answer was well worded and left my speechless at his civility!:p

if i was less lazy i would add a pang quote in here.

p.s. will do survey i promise.

Lobo Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 4:28:43

/me runs from survey!
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack
The only real progress lies in learning to be wrong all alone. ~Albert Camus

Original SANCT...