Verified:

Wharfed

Apr 15th 2011, 23:08:43

retal policies that have top feeds in them are absolutely retarded.

Just sayin.
>Wharfed

ABOYNE (vb.) To beat an expert at a game of skill by playing so appallingly bad that none of his clever tactics or strategies are of any use to him.

Rockman Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 23:12:04

Hitting someone who can farm you, and expecting them not to, is retarded.

Evolution Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 23:52:57

The problem is that the definition of topfeeds is different to what it used to be. Also every clan defines them differently but now basically all boil down to:

When a country landgrabs a country where the other country would have to put in effort to get the land back.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

Evolution Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 23:53:44

The word topfeed doesn't even make sense anymore, you can have more land and networth and it can still be a topfeed.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

Notorious Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 0:49:57

the simple definition is grabbing a country that wont be able to get its land back in the normally allowed retals

and i have to agree with rockman
*eats a banana*
Notebook Pusher

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 0:51:02

Originally posted by Rockman:
Hitting someone who can farm you, and expecting them not to, is retarded.

That.
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

Jiman Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 2:20:43

Originally posted by Notorious:
the simple definition is grabbing a country that wont be able to get its land back in the normally allowed retals

Then whats the point to grabbing someone if they are going to be able to get there land back every single time? It nulls and voids the entire point to grabbing.

ajmilton

Apr 16th 2011, 2:25:23

actually, with ghost acres, it doesn't.
and it's not about not getting *any* land gains, but far and beyond what is "reasonable"
as with anything else, you're welcome to enforce a no-topfeed-in-our-retal-policy policy, but you'll have to back it up, and i'm guessing that won't fly with 90% of the currently established alliances.

Notorious Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 2:27:15

Originally posted by Jiman:
Originally posted by Notorious:

Then whats the point to grabbing someone if they are going to be able to get there land back every single time? It nulls and voids the entire point to grabbing.

you grab people in tags that cant break you at all and/or tags that are unable to enforce their policies against yours

being intentionally landthin and topfeeding people in major alliances is not skillful and deserves to have a counter
*eats a banana*
Notebook Pusher

TAN Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 2:44:24

Paradigm's definition of a "topfeed" is the best one.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

koonfasa

Apr 16th 2011, 2:48:13

Or you could grab them and use their policy as a part of your game. There is no one else to grab, so we need to start grabbing each other.

Edited By: koonfasa on Apr 16th 2011, 2:50:21. Reason: But you see...
See Original Post

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 16th 2011, 2:59:35

I agree with your original post koon, but I usually get people mad at me when I do that.

Rockman Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 3:02:42

Originally posted by koonfasa:
Or you could grab them and use their policy as a part of your game. There is no one else to grab, so we need to start grabbing each other.

Yes, but our server frowns upon grabbing someone who has agreed to let you grab them.

It is only permissible to grab another country if you wish to harm their country, not if you wish to exchange land with them and mutually benefit. Why is it, that on an alliance server, we have outlawed working cooperatively for the benefit of everyone involved?

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 16th 2011, 3:15:59

I'd say because it makes it look like we are giving up on the competitive aspect of the game.

dustfp Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 4:39:48

as h4x said, once competition is removed, all we're doing is playing single play calculator
-fudgepuppy
SancTuarY President
msn:
aim: fudgepuppy6988
http://collab.boxcarhosting.com

Peanut Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 6:46:07

So what if I take 2500 acres in 1 turn its my country no!

Erian Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 7:30:46

It would be pretty cool, if for a reset, all civilian kills were removed. I think there would be some pretty fierce and interesting land/ab-wars. (we'd need to regain 40 civs with 0 civs just to prevent silly things for cashers etc.)

Seriously, I think this would benefit the alliance game. There is no "gain" from warring now except to prove that you can kill someone. I.e. you can gain meta-points, diplomatic power, status, etc. But you don't gain anything in-game most of the time (your enemy must be so much weaker it's not an interesting conflict anyway), instead you will usually get horrendous in-game score if you war. Why is it so? Shouldn't the game reward aggressive alliance attacks as well or even better than bottom feeding?

So I propose removing the following for one reset and see what happens:
- Civ deaths
- Nukes
- Ability to drop land

Let the land grabbing commence ;)

Rockman Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 13:32:46

Not everyone is equally skilled at exploring, and thats about as simple as it gets. But somehow, some people do better than others.

So if we did land-trading, which is far more complex than exploring, why are people naive enough to think that land-trading will get rid of competition?

Are people scared that they will have to learn a new play style, and may not be as skilled at this play style as they are with the current play style forced upon us by the politics of this server?

Wharfed

Apr 17th 2011, 21:32:15

There is no competitive aspect to alliance any more.

Buy playing a country that land grabs for land, sure you run the risk of getting retalled, so you make your grabs count to make sure you always come out on top. If you play a country that explores, you run a greater risk of getting grabbed, so just get some Defense and stop being a care bear.
>Wharfed

ABOYNE (vb.) To beat an expert at a game of skill by playing so appallingly bad that none of his clever tactics or strategies are of any use to him.

Philippines Azkals Game profile

Apr 17th 2011, 21:45:59

The real definition of topfeed is to start a war. I'll topfeed you and if you rant in AT I'm gonna FS you.

Wharfed

Apr 17th 2011, 21:51:25

maybe bad players should stop being cry babies. I think that would solve the problem.
>Wharfed

Chewi Game profile

Apr 17th 2011, 22:32:03

Yet you're crying about top feeding. Speaking of bad players what is your excuse for having less land than all-x players?

Thomas Game profile

Apr 17th 2011, 22:34:04

Wharfed --

Talk to me in private if there is an issue. I'm not going to handle intra clan issues on AT.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 17th 2011, 22:34:37

this is true; if you need to topfeed, it means - by definition - that you're "not as good" as whomever you're topfeeding :))
Finally did the signature thing.

Reckless Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 1:39:05

I miss Land:Land retals

herbs12 Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 4:57:31

I agree top feeding is retarded, should be land land for the person hit only, you can't defend it sucks for you

Notorious Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 6:36:03

Originally posted by Wharfed:
maybe bad players should stop being cry babies. I think that would solve the problem.

Who made this thread?

Also, you are aware that the game gives the advantage to the attacker right? Jets cheaper than turrets, more offensive allies than defensive, PS bonus...

Let's each make a 2nd country next set, in established tags, not allied to our real country in any way (pang or any other mod/admin could be in on this). Your goal is to go the entire reset without me successfully grabbing you. Can you do it or are you bad?
*eats a banana*
Notebook Pusher

Peanut Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 6:38:02

I top fed RD once, they killed me. No the 3k+ acres were not worth it. =)

Dragonlance Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 7:03:17

mehthe prob is qz under some of the topfeed definitions out there.

A good grab against a fat country that is low NW is considered a topfeed and retalled by some land thin retaller, bad for game, no competition.

Or in laf's case, retalled by a big fat large country that gets rubbish returns so they "claim" it is a "topfeed" and proceed to maul you. They should instead just be honest and maul you straight up for LG'ing them ;-)

dLpLow Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 7:16:26

just do it how IMP does it "we dont reconize the word topfeed....its tabooo....." so if i got a 3mil nw on 6k acers and u got a 2.5 mil nw on 15k acers and i hit u u make out on L:L its a stupid policy.....topfeed should be hittin ne counmtry 150% more then ur nw not land......thats a friggin topfeed.....and u guys wonder why allance server is going down hill.....ive been playing since 1999 topfeed crap is bull plain n simple

:D
poor laf
10:36 ee: GS pLow is HERE (#422) [SoF] --> Oslo 1952 (#201) [LaF] -- 2C/81F
And for you freaks.
http://www.mediafire.com/...7cfyj1ley48a/IMG_0973.m4v
http://www.mediafire.com/download/h1tcgo1

SolidSnake Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 9:45:49

Originally posted by Dragonlance:

mehthe prob is qz under some of the topfeed definitions out there.

A good grab against a fat country that is low NW is considered a topfeed and retalled by some land thin retaller, bad for game, no competition.

Or in laf's case, retalled by a big fat large country that gets rubbish returns so they "claim" it is a "topfeed" and proceed to maul you. They should instead just be honest and maul you straight up for LG'ing them ;-)

coming from the guy that encouraged rage to fs because you couldnt retal me.

Rockman Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 9:56:32

Originally posted by dLpLow:
just do it how IMP does it "we dont reconize the word topfeed....its tabooo....." so if i got a 3mil nw on 6k acers and u got a 2.5 mil nw on 15k acers and i hit u u make out on L:L its a stupid policy.....topfeed should be hittin ne counmtry 150% more then ur nw not land......thats a friggin topfeed.....and u guys wonder why allance server is going down hill.....ive been playing since 1999 topfeed crap is bull plain n simple

:D

That'd be a better policy if you didn't have 10k acre 12 mil networth countries hitting 15k acre 9 mil networth all-explore countries on that server. When going all-explore means that you outgrow everyone else, that means the server has already gone much farther downhill than alliance.

Wanhoop Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 16:38:14

lol i am lost here.. complaining about getting hit back?