Verified:

MorTcuS Game profile

Feb 7th 2011, 1:09:42

I just sprayed AXE on a spider, slowly watched it walk and die.

( Do you think the spider knew it was alive, therefore it had consciousness?
( Or are spiders just cells without thought?

Am I cruel if i did it to a spider? What if i lit a dog on fire, would that be cruel?
174099715 (not in use)

Steam : wargasm1

braden Game profile

Feb 7th 2011, 3:55:50

you actually have to fluffing ask if lighting a dog on fire is cruel? either you're a god damn fluffing idiot or your point is sadly lost on me.

you can decide.

Dragonlance Game profile

Feb 7th 2011, 4:11:25

if forced to kill an animal one should do so with the minimum amount of pain and in the fastest time frame possible.

Yes they feel pain.
Yes it is cruel.

Please stay away from my pets.

That is all.

mrford Game profile

Feb 7th 2011, 15:46:28

you know

cruelty to animals is a trait that most cereal killers display just before they make the jump to humans

that and if you attempted to light my dog on fire i would cut your balls off and make you eat them
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Detmer Game profile

Feb 7th 2011, 16:10:58

I have no ideas if spiders have consciousness. I actually have a little like trap-on-a-stick thing that I use to catch spiders and release them into the wild (backyard) =P

braden Game profile

Feb 7th 2011, 16:34:19

i think that would be far better than a) letting it go (i don't like spiders and b) killing it in paper towel or a kleenex

(i was angry that i don't remember :P a little rude my original post, but i have no regrets)

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Feb 7th 2011, 17:40:47

if it doesn't know well enough to stay out of my apartment, then it's just a dead insect walking. same goes for dogs, but it's much easier to just keep the dogs out.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

braden Game profile

Feb 7th 2011, 17:52:52

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPsnLUaXyxE

i listen to that, and i think of you, dibs.
no homo.

Fooglmog Game profile

Feb 7th 2011, 23:54:41

Originally posted by mrford:
cruelty to animals is a trait that most cereal killers display just before they make the jump to humans

So the process is: kill cereal, kill animals, kill people?

I wonder why we name them after the first thing they kill... even once they've killed things of far more importance.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

mrford Game profile

Feb 8th 2011, 0:02:20

serial

i hate you
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Dragonlance Game profile

Feb 8th 2011, 1:07:07

i could slam a bowl of corn flakes

NOW3P Game profile

Feb 8th 2011, 5:58:59

I've been known to murder a bowl of peanut butter crunch or two after a good bender...

Jelly

Feb 12th 2011, 10:54:27

of course a spider has a mind. else how would it decide where to web? or where to go?

the better questions is, do Plants have minds? we know it's a living organism, but plants can't do anything, other then breeding and surviving, but does it have a mind?

*points at the movie The Happening*

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 1:44:29

NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

jenmike Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 0:42:55

Two completely different things...spider and a dog...

Drinks Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 5:46:50

Im not sure. But i think what he was going for is.

Do you think its cruel to kill spiders, flies, termites, mosquitoes
Cause im sure all of you have killed a mosquitoe without any regret.

Then if you have no regret over those creates, at what point does it become an issue to kill a creature. Using a dog as an example because everyone can relate to that being inhumane.

Cause personally i dont kill spiders, but i regularly kill mosquitoes. How can i have such different views on what i see as wrong. Should i not kill the mosquitoe then. Or is my defense that im killing it cause its taking my blood. Then what about flies. Its not actually harming me, just annoying me, so why do i kill it. Then you take the leap to animals, and id never hurt an animal, but why can we hurt bugs!

Atleast thats the point i hope he was trying to get across
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

Dragonlance Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 6:23:30

i cannot believe i went so far down the animal rights road just to troll you MorTcus.

Helmet Game profile

Apr 6th 2011, 0:54:41

When i was a kid one of my favorite things was shooting grasshoppers with my pelet gun. Anything with an exoskeleton had a great explosion.

Towarf Game profile

Apr 6th 2011, 0:55:04

"Two completely different things...spider and a dog..."

Not really if you live in korea

Dragonlance Game profile

Apr 6th 2011, 2:49:57

spider and dog in korea is like gun and bread knife in USA!

Evolution Game profile

Apr 8th 2011, 7:08:38

I live in Australia.

I was at one workplace that is near bushland reserve. We were working out in the garden having a look at some of the fruit trees.

Then we found this seriously massive spider. Both of us were like wtf that spider is huge.

My supervisor: We must kill it before it kills us
*he starts stomping on it with his huge work boots*
The spider appeared to be unaffected and started chasing us wtf.

Evo: The boot is ineffective, warning, when its tail is raised its about to do a counter attack (FF7 reference)

Supervisor: wtf does that mean, we must ensure this spider dies
*he picks up a 1m log and hits the spider with it*

The spider lives, the attack is ineffective

Evo: starts humming FF7 battle music

Then my supervisor starts trying to grind the spider into the ground with the log

The spider lives, the attack is ineffective

Then we threw the log at the spider and ran.

Second battle:

Supervisor: I saw a funnel web spider go into the crack in the wall, I better spray and kill it.

*sprays the wall with fly spray*
*30 DIFFERENT spiders come out* Red backs, white tips, funnel webs, wolf spiders etc

Evo: ZERG RUSH!!!

Supervisor: what is zerg? we must kill them all, stay back I will spray them with the rest of the can.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

GeneralKorhal Game profile

Apr 10th 2011, 14:34:15

ROFL Evo

I only kill nuisance insects like flies, mosquitoes, millipedes, etc. I won't kill a spider if I can safely transport it outside instead. If it's stuck in a corner against the ceiling.. well, all bets are off. Squishy squishy.

Evolution Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 1:36:12

I don't kill spiders unless they are deadly. Most Australian spiders are deadly :X. When god made Australia, they were like, no humans here, I will make all the animals deadly lol.

Deadly = avoid or kill or capture (some deadly spiders can be captured for antivenom if safe to do so)

Unknown = avoid or kill

Friendly = avoid
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

Raf Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 4:06:02

Evo is my new hero!!
+RAF

Fowlski77 Game profile

Apr 24th 2011, 11:05:51

Edited By: Fowlski77 on Jan 16th 2015, 22:46:36

Apr 28th 2011, 21:11:01

God made Australia by accident, it just felt like it was going to be a fart...

yah, and i do have the undocumented never-seen-before evidence to corraborate my claim.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 28th 2011, 22:38:34

lol Evo
Finally did the signature thing.

ThatDude Game profile

Apr 29th 2011, 20:12:13

It's only cruel if you think it is.

MrScarlet Game profile

Apr 30th 2011, 20:18:36

very wrong

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 30th 2011, 20:34:57

If it isn't warm blooded, then it can be killed without guilt!

deepcode Game profile

May 1st 2011, 0:19:11

I'll kill them on site if they are near me in my home. I won't torture them or anything, just flat out, fist to wall smoosh-job.
But that is only because of a terrible fear I have of the little buggers. If I didn't freeze up, panic or go nuts when I saw them, I'd probably leave them alone.

I'd think it cruelty if you harmed it intentionally for your own amusement or by neglect when an animal is in your care.

Evolution Game profile

May 4th 2011, 13:26:49

So you freeze up just enough to fist punch them into the wall?

NukEvil Game profile

May 4th 2011, 19:15:28

Living away from anything resembling civilization gives me many opportunities to see spiders. And we get many kinds of spiders...banana spiders, black widows, brown recluses, those long-legged spiders (although I'm not quite sure they're actually 'arachnids'). Those, I can deal with...either blow them off me or spray them.

One particular spider I couldn't really deal with was what I think was a trap-door spider. I was in summer camp about a decade ago, and I got the top bunk, right next to a window. It was almost time to go to bed, and me and a few other guys were watching this orange-colored moth flying against the inside of the window. The moth then flew into the corner of the window nearest to my bunk, and there was this small hole, right in the corner. The moth landed on the window sill next to this hole, and we thought that was where the moth lived. Until two huge, hairy legs suddenly reached up, out of that hole, grabbed the moth, and forcibly squeezed it back into the hole. We all saw the wings get ripped off as those wouldn't fit into the hole. And then it was time to go to bed.

Then, there are those tiny spiders. You know, the ones that band together as a single unit and live in little communities made of...themselves. You normally see them as little balls of...themselves, and you can usually get a reaction if you blow on them. Or, you're walking along, and you're not quite sure what it is you're looking at, and then you touch it, and it all starts moving around. I guess it's the fact that there are many spiders all in one spot, as opposed to just one spider in a web somewhere. I've always wondered what would happen if I put a burning candle under them.

An honorable mention are those small spiders that like to build webs. I don't mean that they like to build webs that they live in and catch bugs with. I mean, they build and build and build and they DON'T EVER STOP. I was using a computer a few years ago, and my dad noted that I was starting to look a bit gray-headed. I grabbed a mirror and noticed the strand of web coming down from the ceiling, ending up in my hair, and the spider running through my hair, laying down web wherever it went. That was a shower I wouldn't forget in a hurry.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

deepcode Game profile

May 6th 2011, 16:00:35

Freeze up first, snap out of it, then fist punch to wall. Depends on proximity though, I find one on me and I'll flail around like a girl swatting it until its off me then start stomping around like a madman to kill it.

The worst ones are when you spot one on the wall while taking a shower.

Phobias really make you act weird.

May 6th 2011, 16:23:26

don't worry, one of these days you'll actually enjoy it when you get seen naked. heck, dang spiders probably ain't interested in nudity at all seeings how they run around naked their entire lives.

i usually do the itsy bitzy spider song for the ones in the shower. even demonstrate how it works to them.

braden Game profile

May 7th 2011, 5:19:18

"Living away from anything resembling civilization"

you'll excuse me for not already knowing, but where do you live (or where did you live?) if you odn't mind me asking?

NukEvil Game profile

May 7th 2011, 13:07:19

north Florida, a few miles from the Apalachicola river...pretty much a wasteland out here.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 29th 2011, 22:49:22

Do you think it would be cruel to ream your ass with a dried out corn cob, then hit you with a shot of turpentine?

How about lighting you on fire after that? Would that be cruel?

I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Jul 29th 2011, 23:04:32

i'd probably get pissed, kill ya to detah, then BBQ your ass and eat you for dinner. wouldn't even bother to question the cruelty of it.

Terror Game profile

Jul 30th 2011, 0:04:38

Most humans are hardwired instinctively to fear and hate spiders, snakes, or anything else with a long and spindly build because such creatures are potentially dangerous. Phobia happens when this instinct becomes so overpowering it overrides rational decision making. Therefore, I'd not call it cruel to deal with a spider in what way you can.

Humans frequently make the mistake of divorcing themselves from nature. In order for humans to eat, respectable members of the plant and animal kingdoms must die. Humans can be territorial. When other life forms invade your territory, you defend it. I don't care if it's a weed in your driveway you kill with an herbicide or a burglar intent on taking advantage of you in any way.

For a spider, I can usually be pretty gentle with a paper towel and take them outside. If for whatever reason I feel the spider may have an opportunity to harm me, I will kill it.

Cruelty implies you inflict pain and death for pleasure. In this case of spraying the spider with Axe, you were probably uncomfortable with dealing with the spider any other way, and it was violating your territory. If I am incorrect with this assessment and you had a convenient tool to squash the spider to kill it instantly but decided on poison because you thought it would be more interesting, then that is cruel.

Most people and many animals are cruel from time to time. Pain and suffering are curiosity inspiring. I used to burn ants with a magnifying glass. I was cruel. The important thing though is that I didn't feel the need to continue this behavior. I was a curious and sometimes amoral kid. I think that's pretty normal.

trumper Game profile

Aug 2nd 2011, 20:09:20

Originally posted by Terror:
Most humans are hardwired instinctively to fear and hate spiders, snakes, or anything else with a long and spindly build because such creatures are potentially dangerous. Phobia happens when this instinct becomes so overpowering it overrides rational decision making. Therefore, I'd not call it cruel to deal with a spider in what way you can.

Humans frequently make the mistake of divorcing themselves from nature. In order for humans to eat, respectable members of the plant and animal kingdoms must die. Humans can be territorial. When other life forms invade your territory, you defend it. I don't care if it's a weed in your driveway you kill with an herbicide or a burglar intent on taking advantage of you in any way.

For a spider, I can usually be pretty gentle with a paper towel and take them outside. If for whatever reason I feel the spider may have an opportunity to harm me, I will kill it.

Cruelty implies you inflict pain and death for pleasure. In this case of spraying the spider with Axe, you were probably uncomfortable with dealing with the spider any other way, and it was violating your territory. If I am incorrect with this assessment and you had a convenient tool to squash the spider to kill it instantly but decided on poison because you thought it would be more interesting, then that is cruel.

Most people and many animals are cruel from time to time. Pain and suffering are curiosity inspiring. I used to burn ants with a magnifying glass. I was cruel. The important thing though is that I didn't feel the need to continue this behavior. I was a curious and sometimes amoral kid. I think that's pretty normal.

According to the peanut gallery, you have now progressed to killing animals, and/or worse, you have begun killing people.

My question is, is it ok to kill an alien?

hyungil Game profile

Aug 3rd 2011, 2:44:30

nice

Aug 3rd 2011, 2:48:11

trumper, it would seem to depend on whether they were stealing your neighbors property and running away with it, Texas seems to think it's ok to shoot them in the back.

Terror Game profile

Aug 4th 2011, 0:42:30

Some people put themselves in situations where killing them in my estimation is appropriate. The beauty of my philosophy is that I am not subjectively supporting or discriminating against any particular life form. I'd prefer not to have to kill at all, but if I need to, I won't celebrate it, but I will. So yeah, aliens too.