Verified:

Pain Game profile

Mar 31st 2011, 7:14:52

it was a joke ford. i was basically asking if we can farm you and not have the policy enforced

har har.
Your mother is a nice woman

mrford Game profile

Mar 31st 2011, 7:17:23

since when have my countries ever been worth farming?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Pain Game profile

Mar 31st 2011, 7:18:50

good point
Your mother is a nice woman

Yamaha Game profile

Mar 31st 2011, 8:06:09

I fully enjoy change, it makes this very old stale game interesting again.

One of the bigger problems with 1a is the ton of resistance to change and thinking outside the box.

Kudos to CC for doing what they want regardless of the status quo!

Paradigm - The Nuthouse
IMP - Haters Gonna Hate

TNTroXxor Game profile

Mar 31st 2011, 8:44:45

Burp
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

Asing Game profile

Mar 31st 2011, 12:44:55

burp
SoL
CC

Murf Game profile

Mar 31st 2011, 18:51:52

i predict ppl will die over this :)

JJosh Game profile

Mar 31st 2011, 18:57:21

^^ agree... sounds fun for sure!!!
props CC.
FFA ~ Ares
Alliance ~ SoL
#JJosh on your server

Dragon Game profile

Mar 31st 2011, 20:16:16

Originally posted by mdevol:
troll

I was gonna let this go, but the more I think about it, I gotta wonder who you think you are calling ME a troll considering that I was a player and influence in this game when you were likely fluffting yellow in your diapers.

And maybe you'll explain to me, rather than call me names exactly how your new policy benefits "little guys" like me.

Edited By: Dragon on Mar 31st 2011, 20:18:21
See Original Post

mrford Game profile

Mar 31st 2011, 20:18:42

troll
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Dragon Game profile

Mar 31st 2011, 20:21:23

Yeah. Like I much care about your opinion. The question still goes unanswered. Not that I expected different.

I really don't know what YOUR problem is with me, other than maybe I don't kiss your ass like all these kids around here seem to do, but it's all good.

mrford Game profile

Mar 31st 2011, 20:29:07

wow, i was mocking.

calm it down poedro, your ass isnt meant to have a stick shoved that far up it.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Dragon Game profile

Mar 31st 2011, 20:30:49

It's the hemorrhoids, man. They itch and hurt at the same time and sticks are bumpy.

mrford Game profile

Mar 31st 2011, 20:32:25

i dont have a problem with you, i dont even know who you are.

only dragon i know is the SoL dragon, and you are not him.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

aponic Game profile

Mar 31st 2011, 20:51:47

Dragon, if you don't like all the 'explanations' people have given, then call it how you see it. Coming on this thread and asking rhetorical questions just makes you stupid too.
SOF
Cerevisi

paulie Game profile

Mar 31st 2011, 20:54:56

been there done that. it will be much easier for u if u just take it like a man..
FOG!!

Dragon Game profile

Mar 31st 2011, 21:16:00

Originally posted by aponic:
Dragon, if you don't like all the 'explanations' people have given, then call it how you see it. Coming on this thread and asking rhetorical questions just makes you stupid too.

That's the problem. Nobody has explained how this policy benefits the "little guy". BEING a "little guy", I think it's not unreasonable to ask exactly how it's beneficial to me from the guy who tells me it is.

Khavic25 Game profile

Mar 31st 2011, 21:57:20

Seems this policy will hurt the little guy.

If clans respect your policy of one hit per 24hr then they will get their land elsewhere, which puts extra pressure on the little guy since the smaller tags are less able to defend their territory.

Your logic is flawed, and self serving. Being self serving is perfectly fine as all of the other clans are also self serving, but trying to sell this as some kind of advantage to the small tags, and or untags is just bull.
Damn missed it

mrford Game profile

Mar 31st 2011, 22:03:26

i don't think anyone from CC said it helped the little guy. Dragon is speaking to someone who isn't a member of CC originally i believe.

please check your facts before you jump to conclusions. this policy helps CC and is meant to help CC only. anything outside of that is just speculation.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Havoc Game profile

Mar 31st 2011, 22:05:37

Going to use that excuse the next time someone makes an anti-self farming remark:)
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Khavic25 Game profile

Mar 31st 2011, 22:09:36

we are trying to help out the little guys here...gives them a chance in this server

I did not know mdevol was not in CC.

As I said self serving policy is not a problem as we all have self serving policies. It is just a matter of who can enforce theirs. Seems your clan is in a pretty good position to hold their own.

What is your retal window to accomplish theses escalating retals?
Damn missed it

aponic Game profile

Mar 31st 2011, 22:22:10

I think you missed obvious sarcasm. And oh, by the way, if you want to stretch the argument that thin then when you sell your bushels public, or anything else for that matter, there is a chance that someone in a larger tag buys it and also farms some fluff tag. Cut me a break.
SOF
Cerevisi

mrford Game profile

Mar 31st 2011, 22:26:45

Originally posted by Khavic25:
we are trying to help out the little guys here...gives them a chance in this server

I did not know mdevol was not in CC.

As I said self serving policy is not a problem as we all have self serving policies. It is just a matter of who can enforce theirs. Seems your clan is in a pretty good position to hold their own.

What is your retal window to accomplish theses escalating retals?

didnt see mdevol post that, dont know why he would. it wasnt our intentions to help the small guys. our intentions are to serve CC's needs
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Makinso Game profile

Mar 31st 2011, 22:31:22

Basically stay away from our tag :-)

Twain Game profile

Apr 1st 2011, 1:16:15

*pokes CC*

GunGrave Game profile

Apr 1st 2011, 4:31:13

Originally posted by QM Diver:
Hmmm....

There might be a conflict... perhaps due to the notion that one would purposely need to respect this policy, by avoiding LG's..
I think we may be too lazy, or may simply not care, currently.. ;o) *Reviews the HFA roster..*

Nothing posted here helps the average nOOb, that is untagged, from getting reamed, ie. farmed and killed by CC. This happens frequently. :O(
So, let's say good bye to yet another, potential player, of the game, as the chances they will return are either slim, or none..

i was kinda thinking the same thing, but i believe this not only does nothing to help the average noob, but untags would suffer worse because clans would be forced to turn more of their LGing towards untags and smaller clans. i have nothing against LGing an untag, but most wont stop at a single LG because few clans have ironclad policies for untags, it is merely if they find a good target they can really farm land off of, they hit it for all it worth and the owner just hopes they didn't kill it.

and if you speak of the noobs (little guys) within your own clan, well i got really good solution that would make everyone happy. teach the fluffing noobs how to play.

Originally posted by mrford:
Carpe Cerevisi has decided to go 100% pactless this set. This is something we have been talking about and we feel that it gives us the most opportunity to have a fun set.

We will be following this retal policy:

1:1 2:3 3:5 4:9 5:kill

if a tag hits us 2 times within 24 hours we will be taking x2 the retals.

this will be strictly enforced, and we hope that others will abide by it and preferably just avoid our tag all together.

If in the event that something stupid does happen, you can contact us in our brand new FA room. You can find this room here

irc.scourge.se
#CCFA

this is an adventure on our part to see how the server would treat a large unpacted clan. To all our former pacts, this is nothing personal, just something we want to do. Have a fun set and we shall see you on the field of battle.

nothing personal? personally i take a slap in the face to every clan on the server, just a little offensive. i mean going no allies, completely pactless is one thing. we would treat it like any other clan we weren't pacted to... LG targets. plus going pactless opens up the whole server for LGs and inevitably you will prolly war down the road. but to put in effect such an absurdly over defensive retal policy basically say that "we will pwn you for looking at our countries funny because no one is big enough to do anything about it."

yes, we use this policy both ways.

look, if you dont like this policy, you have 2 choices

you can either not grab us
or
you can FS us

either way we win.

hehe :P
Death smile upon all men,
all a man can do is smile back,
so come on... lets put a smile on that face. :D

Asst. Foreign Affairs
Natural Born Killers
email -
irc - irc.gamesurge.net #NBK

mrford Game profile

Apr 1st 2011, 4:46:49

then do something about it gungrave

or have you forgotten, your netting
Swagger of a Chupacabra

ZDH Game profile

Apr 1st 2011, 5:28:13

lol if your gonna grab them you might as well FS :-P
-BigZ

Khavic25 Game profile

Apr 1st 2011, 5:54:41

So what is your retal window?
Damn missed it

GunGrave Game profile

Apr 1st 2011, 6:12:44

come to think of it they didn't say did they

only the tag-tag window, not country to country.
Death smile upon all men,
all a man can do is smile back,
so come on... lets put a smile on that face. :D

Asst. Foreign Affairs
Natural Born Killers
email -
irc - irc.gamesurge.net #NBK

Khavic25 Game profile

Apr 1st 2011, 6:39:28

I'm really tired but I don't see any mention of how long they have to exact their retals before other clans can consider them grabs and not retals.

So what is it 24, 48, 72hrs?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Damn missed it

Twain Game profile

Apr 1st 2011, 13:15:04

Most clans use 48 or 72. I'd imagine CC will use one of those, since using 24 would be detrimental to them.

Khavic25 Game profile

Apr 1st 2011, 19:49:08

So what's the time frame fordy??

May very well become relevant in the next couple weeks and we need to know how to treat your clan in these cases.
Damn missed it

aponic Game profile

Apr 2nd 2011, 3:20:38

Wow, I didn't realize making a policy to get in a war would be taken with such angst. It seems a heck of a lot more legitimate than picking someone out of a hat.
SOF
Cerevisi

mdevol Game profile

Apr 2nd 2011, 4:38:26

oh and for the record, the "little guys" comment was a token comment that is common in such threads, filled with sarcasm. sorry for the confusion.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

TNTroXxor Game profile

Apr 2nd 2011, 5:57:33

Fart
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

synoder Game profile

Apr 2nd 2011, 13:15:29

Originally posted by aponic:
Wow, I didn't realize making a policy to get in a war would be taken with such angst. It seems a heck of a lot more legitimate than picking someone out of a hat.

I assumed that was the point and I agree with you that this is better, this way people won't start the old whining and crying about getting hit when they weren't ready ;)

Desperado Game profile

Apr 3rd 2011, 5:15:21

if it was 6 individual countries, we would retal each one 2x

but if it is obvious that you are trying to take advantage of this retal policy, we could just kill the offending countries.

you're saying that after the first land grab from a clan, each one after that you are retalling 2:1, how is that taking advantage of your policy?

better be careful with your land trading then, with your policy to limit both your grabs you do outside your clan, and the ones coming in... you're bound to fluff up and two step or reverse two step, and if focus is involved, I'm sure we'll be watching

Originally posted by Primeval:
pants antler

mrford Game profile

Apr 3rd 2011, 5:29:35

lol

and what then? you will FS us?

looks to be win win to me

your "threats" are entertaining
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Desperado Game profile

Apr 3rd 2011, 6:21:06

it's not a threat, it's simply an observation.

I don't think any clan is going to sit around and let another clan pull shady land trading schemes ya know?

pants antler

ZDH Game profile

Apr 3rd 2011, 6:23:18

I didn't read all that fluff you guys where posting but seems to me CC is just daring someone to fight them.
-BigZ

Desperado Game profile

Apr 3rd 2011, 6:47:26

in a nutshell zdh

pants antler

Makinso Game profile

Apr 3rd 2011, 11:08:06

*haves another beer*

It's simple don't grab us tons and we won't come for your beer. :-)

Crippler ICD Game profile

Apr 3rd 2011, 15:52:09

we're more sophisticated wine drinkers :P
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Makinso Game profile

Apr 3rd 2011, 20:40:17

hmph

We have akula he is gifted like midas was. Only Akula doesn't turn stuff into solid gold, he turns it into beer!

Desperado Game profile

Apr 4th 2011, 4:13:00

Maki?

you don't come between somebody who is german and irish and their beer :P

pants antler

Bsnake Game profile

Apr 4th 2011, 4:51:56

/me takes all the beer and runs....

thast should cover a sat night :)
<bsnake> 68,270,386 turrets whats that in NW??
<Crippler> 115m NW
<Bsnake> 38 mill NW nub... thanks for your netting advice.. Stick to killing nub

Desperado Game profile

Apr 4th 2011, 7:38:20

maybe a month of saturdays

pants antler

JJosh Game profile

Apr 5th 2011, 4:58:30

w00ty,

CC over 400...

*SEXY*
FFA ~ Ares
Alliance ~ SoL