Verified:

RageSic Game profile

Mar 28th 2011, 1:34:08

I just started playing again after about 5-6 years away from the game. I just ran a Rep Casher on the Express Server with moderate success (until i mixed it up with the country I was playing on Primary and screwed it up). I noticed that my casher on Express was pretty land fat while my commie indy on Primary has about 2000-3000 acres fewer than the other countries around my net worth. I was wondering what you guys thought about each strategy and which I should follow with the reset.

I could also, obviously, use some advice on starting and maintaining a Rep Casher throughout an Express or FFa set.

Thanks for the responses.

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Mar 28th 2011, 4:57:28

Well I haven't played express much lately, but it used to be the set was too short for cashers to get rolling. Rep cashers tend to get landfat, with the explore bonus and all. Commies should still always be fatter, because to run that strat correctly is to grab a ton. :) Look for fat reps. :P
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

RageSic Game profile

Mar 28th 2011, 15:56:00

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.

Marshal Game profile

Mar 28th 2011, 20:07:01

try rep farmer.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Mar 29th 2011, 19:13:24

Rep casher will outperform a farmer, acre per acre, but farmers are easier to get rolling with. If you can carry more defense early, sometimes that will help you get more land from beginning to end, but anyone running a casher with similar acreage will be making mroe than you.
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

Helmet Game profile

Mar 29th 2011, 23:26:57

Rep casher with the new changes is far better than rep farmer.

Mar 30th 2011, 0:18:42

Yeah, I forgot the farm start has been nerfed. Rep farmer is no longer viable. Demo farm, Fasc farm, or mon farm to dict/tyr would be ok, but no rep farm.
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

Drinks Game profile

Mar 30th 2011, 5:54:25

Farmers are fluff in express now full stop. The farmers were always weak early on, but now the private bushel prices is even lower they suck even more early game. They wont be farmers, they will just be land farms.
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

Mar 30th 2011, 23:30:07

I would listen to Drinks if I were you. :P
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

Drinks Game profile

Apr 1st 2011, 0:17:11

Of course someone has to play farmer. Or there will be no bushels on the market haha. But it sure as hell wont be me playing it.
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

Prima Game profile

Apr 1st 2011, 22:03:56

this is my last reset as a fascist farmer in express the amount of times the poor country got land-grabbed @ the start was ridiculous.
ZDH: Doesn't the Tigress do all the hunting and killing anyway?
Happy Hunting - Tigress

shanelee Game profile

Apr 3rd 2011, 5:47:26

I think Commy Indy is the strongest strategy in Express but not for other server.

JJ23 Game profile

Jan 11th 2012, 9:34:01

farmer is viable. i hit 23+M with a fascist farmer... good for 3rd that reset and the fascist record. its viable but there are 2 things you have to remember

1. farmers are worthless unless you agr is 210pct +
2. you can cross sell rigs so if oil goes above 200, then a facist farmer/oiler would be viable. probably keep a 10/1 ratio of farms to rigs tho, since theres no oil tech. (have to be facist to make this worthwile).

if you want to play farmer decently, you have to tech start. the reasons are, at the beginning of the reset, when tech is 3k or more, its impossible to buy enough tech to get your agr over 200 while having enough $ to buy turrets. 2. if you explore early, you will be way fatter than everyone so you will get farmed... and finally, teching will allow you to stay landthin and maximize efficiently, which letting other to grow, so when you convert over.... you will have plenty of fatter less efficient targets to grab... i did mon tech=> to fascist when i was converting, in the 23M+ reset.

but indy is super overpowered in exp. the extra ability tos ell more military makes it overpowered. CI has won like 13/15 of the resets or so..

Edited By: JJ23 on Jan 11th 2012, 9:39:09
See Original Post
Originally posted by blid:
The way my 30m got busted was the ultimate in nobility and self-sacrifice because I could have simply canceled the alliance but I was too big a person to do so.

jabberwocky Game profile

Jan 12th 2012, 5:14:14

Ya tech start seems key. I've done a demo and dict non-tech start, only finished in the top 30. Got grabbed pretty handily, especially since the dict was around the top in land.

JJ23 Game profile

Jan 12th 2012, 8:20:32

you have to. if you play alliance, under a NAP heavy tag like LaF where you can also get tech leeches, thats about the only place where a cash start can be severely advantageous because you can carry minimal D and invest all your $ in tech.

in express, it is impossible to run a non tech start for any strat other than CI, and the only reason why thats viable is the massive production bonus and the fact that you come out of the gate faster than any other govt, because most of them are TECH starting.

its not uncommon for me to store turns day 1/2 in exp... by the time i start, the #1 guy has 2M nw already and around 7-8k land.

by the end of that first day, ive run maybe 300 turns less than him and am ranked 50-75... but with prolific grabbing, by the end of the next day when im caught up in turns, ill be top 5 and most likely outproducing him on slightly less land....

and by the end of day 3, be in the #1 spot because now i have the same if not more land, and much higher tech levels.
The way my 30m got busted was the ultimate in nobility and self-sacrifice because I could have simply canceled the alliance but I was too big a person to do so.

Rockman Game profile

Jan 13th 2012, 17:51:36

LaF's cash starts tend to outnumber their techers at least 3 to 1
Furthermore, LaF's techers choose to ally each other, they don't give out tech leeches.

A good player doesn't need tech leeches to do a cash start properly. Your reliance on cheating to cover your lack of skill has crippled you, JJ23.

JJ23 Game profile

Jan 14th 2012, 1:23:48

hey dumbass. you need to stfu. i even defended your punk ass in primary on a thread. you criticize me again you wont like the result gabriel. thats not a threat, its a promise.

i did not at any point say you NEED to tech leech. and a tech leech isnt even remotely close to cheating. and most lafers give their good cash starters tech leeches without even asking... at least that was case when i played in LAF many years ago.

i am unquestionably one of the top 10 best players to ever play this game and you trying to make me sound like a n00b will be the end of your existance. period.

jabberwocky Game profile

Jan 15th 2012, 22:30:06

I have to agree with your CI assessment, i did a non tech start CI and was up 3k land and 1M NW on everyone else by the start of the last day, but i forgot before attacking to join GDI so i got suicided...

As long as you're aggressive it works, but tech start is probably still better.

JJ23 Game profile

Jan 17th 2012, 2:40:47

tech start works better for most strategies if youre a good landgrabber. i still prefer it because if you can landgrab, the adv of a cash/indy start is minimized, and cash starts just take too long changing tax rate every turn...

i like logging on and spending no more than 5 min per country per time.