Verified:

dagga Game profile

Mar 29th 2011, 22:32:29

Thanks for the repost ibujke - that post is still very relevant. They don't learn. It's like watching some form of handicapped feral donkey headbutting the side of a mountain.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

bore Game profile

Patron

Mar 30th 2011, 0:01:53

flufflists ftw!

anyways, this thread is getting way off track, we were talking about our <3 for sanct!

ibujke Game profile

Mar 30th 2011, 0:27:12

Dagga, why do you suppose they dont learn?

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2011, 15:30:25

Meh, every now and then (not often though) iMag does something cool. And their members generally have a pretty good "moral compass" of which alliances to dislike and which ones to like.

But then they do pointless and stupid stuff like hitting NA or other netters for multiple sets, get killed by SOL and then complain like blah. Not nearly as many people would complain if you hit a warring clan (bigger than you) or someone like RD that does gay stuff like the PDM war. Deficiency in leadership I suppose ;)
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Soviet Game profile

Mar 30th 2011, 15:43:40

Imaginary Numbers
http://www.letskillstuff.org

iNouda Game profile

Mar 30th 2011, 15:55:31

That's just a taste of what our awesome site can do. iMag; the Future of EE-kind.

joe2 Game profile

Mar 30th 2011, 15:56:58

wow sanct is teh suck!

Soviet Game profile

Mar 30th 2011, 16:11:37

Sanct can still pull it off. They still have 7 massive Dict breakers. So lots of breaking power left, all they need to do is better organize and get the hits in.
Imaginary Numbers

dustfp Game profile

Mar 30th 2011, 20:14:56

Terrible trash talking Soviet... :p
-fudgepuppy
SancTuarY President
msn:
aim: fudgepuppy6988
http://collab.boxcarhosting.com

iXenomorph Game profile

Mar 30th 2011, 21:12:57

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:
Meh, every now and then (not often though) iMag does something cool. And their members generally have a pretty good "moral compass" of which alliances to dislike and which ones to like.

But then they do pointless and stupid stuff like hitting NA or other netters for multiple sets, get killed by SOL and then complain like blah. Not nearly as many people would complain if you hit a warring clan (bigger than you) or someone like RD that does gay stuff like the PDM war. Deficiency in leadership I suppose ;)

I still don't understand why you hate us.
"Have you ever noticed how a cat is genuinely sad when the mouse they are playing with dies ???" - Prima

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2011, 21:15:48

the part about you hitting people for no reason repeatedly?

same reason why I complain about SoF FAing to top 10, RD self farming, SOL/LaF killing untaggeds... it's making the game worse, not better

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

ibujke Game profile

Mar 30th 2011, 22:13:44

The fact that you dont know our reasons doesnt mean they dont exist.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2011, 23:01:29

everyone thinks your reasons are fluff, that's why SOL killed you

Thomas Game profile

Mar 30th 2011, 23:26:56

Originally posted by Soviet:
Sanct can still pull it off. They still have 7 massive Dict breakers. So lots of breaking power left, all they need to do is better organize and get the hits in.

Well the problem is most people are burnt out from the SoF war and don't really care as this war doesn't mean anything. iMagers have been waiting for something else to hit while our guys have been waiting for the war we were in to be over so they can just say "screw it" until next set :P

Soviet Game profile

Mar 31st 2011, 3:40:57

3x Worst Alliance Leader Soviet (#1395) (SancT)

Hey! I'm trying my hardest damnit!
Imaginary Numbers

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Mar 31st 2011, 4:30:42

I demand the mods do a name change on this country please. Imag feels it is 4x, not 3x. Thank you in advance.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

iTavi

Mar 31st 2011, 6:12:24

Originally posted by ibujke:
The fact that you dont know our reasons doesnt mean they dont exist.

well said

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:
everyone thinks your reasons are fluff, that's why SOL killed you

SOL killed us because they didn't like our reasons mainly and because they had other plans really, just a little bit tied to Imag.
~

mrford Game profile

Mar 31st 2011, 6:15:06

lol @ imag
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

ibujke Game profile

Mar 31st 2011, 7:05:16

Enjoying the end of set mrford?

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Apr 1st 2011, 0:11:21

Originally posted by galleri:

I demand the mods do a name change on this country please. Imag feels it is 4x, not 3x. Thank you in advance.

Haha, this actually happened :D :D :D

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Apr 1st 2011, 0:18:05

EL YAY! LOL

:)

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Lobo Game profile

Apr 1st 2011, 0:52:32

*facepalm*
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack
The only real progress lies in learning to be wrong all alone. ~Albert Camus

Original SANCT...

dryfus Game profile

Apr 1st 2011, 1:18:02

die!

+1 post

iXenomorph Game profile

Apr 1st 2011, 2:32:12

Pontius after 10 years of doing exactly the same thing -- That is, warring every day of every set -- for ill or for better, at least that demonstrates a stubborn consistency that I think should be laudable. Granted, if one were to slam their face repeatedly into a wall for 10 years, it wouldn't be quite as laudable, but this is a game. We do this for fun.

I think you need to stop taking the game so seriously.
"Have you ever noticed how a cat is genuinely sad when the mouse they are playing with dies ???" - Prima

dagga Game profile

Apr 1st 2011, 11:05:06

iXenomoron - that is exactly what you have been doing. Don't kid yourself. You fight meaningless war after meaningless war and you never win unless you blindside some alliance that is either in the middle of netgaining or dragged down and weary after some other war.

You haven't got any real allies, you don't appear to try to work at relations you just keep doing the same thing over and over. You're basically glorified suiciders. Now, you know how to fight, but I've seen monkeys at a zoo who know how to work an abacus. There is more to playing this game than beating your chest and saying "we are good because we have done this for 10 years and still exist!". For the length of time you have been in this game your noteworthy moments are unavoidably and damningly scarce. Maybe banging your head up against the wall is something you;ve been doing for so long you no longer feel the sting?
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

ibujke Game profile

Apr 1st 2011, 11:29:23

I dont think this whole conversation started with iMag saying it is good. It started with you (and others) saying iMag is bad.

Also you forgot to respond to my question.

Originally posted by ibujke:
Dagga, why do you suppose they dont learn?

iTavi

Apr 1st 2011, 11:49:55

spin dagga, spin
:)

blindsiding is a part of war. having or not having close allies is a part of the game.
meaningless for you doesn not mean it's meaningless for us or the people directly involved. for a llama who's on the outside of things it might look meaningless indeed
~

iTarl Game profile

Apr 1st 2011, 13:31:33

damn thats kinda deep for an Imagger iTavi

iXenomorph Game profile

Apr 1st 2011, 19:14:48

Originally posted by dagga:
iXenomoron - that is exactly what you have been doing. Don't kid yourself. You fight meaningless war after meaningless war and you never win unless you blindside some alliance that is either in the middle of netgaining or dragged down and weary after some other war.

You haven't got any real allies, you don't appear to try to work at relations you just keep doing the same thing over and over. You're basically glorified suiciders. Now, you know how to fight, but I've seen monkeys at a zoo who know how to work an abacus. There is more to playing this game than beating your chest and saying "we are good because we have done this for 10 years and still exist!". For the length of time you have been in this game your noteworthy moments are unavoidably and damningly scarce. Maybe banging your head up against the wall is something you;ve been doing for so long you no longer feel the sting?

I'd like to think warring is quite meaningful. On the other hand, netgaining is simply looking at escalating numbers and seal clapping the bigger the numbers get. Mmmm... really meaningful. Sorry, I'm not as easily amused as you.

I would assert -- and I'm pretty sure every iMagger feels exactly the same -- that if iMag were to be completely farmed and destroyed every single day of every single set, it would still be infinitely more entertaining than watching numbers churn. I have school for that.

"We haven't done anything noteworthy and so we suck." Mmm. Okay. I like to consider myself a reasonable person. I can tentatively accept your militant assertion. Personally, I couldn't care less if iMag changed the entire fate of Earth Empires, or remained as obscure as your intellect seems to be. It doesn't matter as my only goal in iMag is not fame or reputation, but fun. I will note however that iMag is a lot less likely to commit blatant acts of greed while simultaneously professing benevolence. At least we're honest about who we are. That should be a lot more commendable than some other clans I've heard of.

Netgaining wouldn't exist without conflict. Landgrabs. The whole philosophy wouldn't work without fighting, or if it did, it would be an incredibly boring game indeed. War however, is not contingent upon netgaining. If anything, we are the staple of this game, not netters.

grimjoww Game profile

Apr 2nd 2011, 7:55:05

looks like Imag vs Sanct next reset...

kemo Game profile

Apr 2nd 2011, 16:24:40

why would you get that impression? we intend to net next set
all praised to ra

Thomas Game profile

Apr 2nd 2011, 18:36:06

And this was a friendly as iMag has been waiting for a war and ours had just ended. We jumped into it without really getting a chance to tell our guys as we had about 24 hour notice. But for several days the SoF war was over and we made it clear that people could take the rest of the reset off if they wanted to as it was a long war.

So we had no time to alert our members, they had the country advantage, turns saved, stock saved, and the FS. In a war that doesn't mean a damn thing. So why would we want to waste our time tagkilling them next set? We prefer to fight challenging wars. And as kemo said, we PLAN to net next set, until someone pisses us off.

iTarl Game profile

Apr 2nd 2011, 20:47:27

we are netting too, at least thats what Sov said

bore Game profile

Patron

Apr 3rd 2011, 3:45:27

Originally posted by iTarl:
we are netting too, at least thats what Sov said

mooo. i joined imag to kill, but it turned out the prez really only cares about netting:(

Lobo Game profile

Apr 3rd 2011, 4:53:09

/me comes through selling popcorn...
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack
The only real progress lies in learning to be wrong all alone. ~Albert Camus

Original SANCT...

CeyLonTEa Game profile

Apr 3rd 2011, 12:00:09

Thomas,

Giving your position, what I would do is, hold your grudge and release it on next set.

Nobody is buying your reason on whatsoever..so there is no point highlighting it here.

Worst, you can declare Moral Victory :p, just like prodde did!