Verified:

Evolution Game profile

Mar 25th 2011, 5:55:13

Hi All,

I lent my car to my brother today... to make a long story short, I am now in the market for a new car.

Does anyone have an recommendations for a used car, currently I am looking at Toyota or Honda. I am looking to spend about 10k, which I have in cash.

My current car was a 1989 Toyota Camry executive.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

mrford Game profile

Mar 25th 2011, 6:22:49

nissan altima. i have owned 3 of them, still own 2. amazing cars reliability and maintenance wise.

I have owned a

1994 altima (finally let go when the wiring harness fried because of something i had done, not reliability related. it had 250K miles on it.

2006 altima, still own it, its my daily driver

2011 altima, wife's car, its the fluff. all the bells and whistles. perfect for what she needs.

Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

mrford Game profile

Mar 25th 2011, 6:26:56

http://www.cars.com/...d%3D28705&aff=gogsema

http://www.cars.com/...d%3D28705&aff=gogsema

thats just a general search, that could easily be talked down. but thats the range you would be looking at

Edited By: mrford on Mar 25th 2011, 6:29:00
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Evolution Game profile

Mar 25th 2011, 7:34:04

hmm in Australia its called the Nissan Maxima :X which costs like 20k for the 2006 version :X
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

mrford Game profile

Mar 25th 2011, 21:49:54

the maxima and altima are 2 different cars really. i didnt know you were in aussie land.

here the maxima is a full sizr, the altima is the mid size, and the sentra is a compact. used to be that way anyways.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Hneftafl Game profile

Mar 25th 2011, 23:10:31

Google "best small car".
If at first you don't succeed, reverse the polarity.

snawdog Game profile

Mar 26th 2011, 2:44:35

Cooper
ICQ 364553524
msn

mrford Game profile

Mar 26th 2011, 7:31:44

Originally posted by Hneftafl:
Google "best small car".

best answer ever

this guy must be the next leader of the free world. i will accept nothing less

well, i guess i would accept his/her painful and drawn out ironic and literal death for being so blatantly useless. but that is another story.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Evolution Game profile

Mar 26th 2011, 10:56:18

Normally google is awesome, but in this case, they call claim to be the best.

They rebadge the altima as the maxima in Australia from what I can work out.

Hneftafl Game profile

Mar 27th 2011, 3:12:07

Originally posted by Evolution:

You don't have to take the manufacturer's word. You can always consult an impartial source. Also, whomever tells you "Nissan" is a complete fool. Honda, my man. Honda.

GeneralKorhal Game profile

Mar 27th 2011, 5:54:52

Been driving a Sentra for almost 2 years now. Great car.

GeneralKorhal Game profile

Mar 27th 2011, 5:56:17

Hneftafl, go suck it. :)

Hondas are great cars too. Any Civic or Accord made in the last 10 years is worth buying.

mrford Game profile

Mar 27th 2011, 7:52:40

Originally posted by Hneftafl:
Originally posted by Evolution:

You don't have to take the manufacturer's word. You can always consult an impartial source. Also, whomever tells you "Nissan" is a complete fool. Honda, my man. Honda.

you are a fluffing tard. have you ever owned a nissan? i have owned both a nissan and a honda, and i have worked on many nissans and many hondas in my amature mechanic days.

nissan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> honda

take your fanboy bullfluff to a different thread.

edit: i bet you have a 1998 Honda Civic with a fart cannon on it and a massive V-tec badge and drive it around your town like it is a RACE car. lol

Edited By: mrford on Mar 27th 2011, 7:55:45
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

CaptainTenacious Game profile

Mar 28th 2011, 1:47:29

i love it when ford gets insulting like that.
~The Saucy Buccaneer~
I drink in moderation.
Moderation being an imaginary place i go to when i drink.

Hneftafl Game profile

Mar 28th 2011, 4:31:55

mford, I'm sure you have worked on plenty of Nissans. That's about what they're good for. Anyway, pardon me for interrupting your circle jerk. Won't happen again.

mrford Game profile

Mar 28th 2011, 5:30:53

"and i have worked on many nissans and many hondas in my amateur mechanic days."

thats what i said.

please go take the stickers off your civic.....er i mean....your race car. they dont make it faster. we all have to listen to that fluffty ass exhaust you put on it, do we really need to look at your NOS stickers and unpainted poorly fit body kits as well?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Evolution Game profile

Mar 28th 2011, 7:24:04

I had a friend, whose 1998 civic you just described perfectly.

I prefered the integra over the civic but they stopped production.

A lot of people seem to be recommending Honda these days. I hadn't really thought of them.

mrford Game profile

Mar 29th 2011, 4:52:54

they didnt stop producing the integra really, they just made it an Acura and called it an RSX
Swagger of a Chupacabra

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Mar 29th 2011, 10:47:37

new ford focus. One of my friends owns one and loves it.

Of course it depends on what price range you are looking at though..
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Mar 29th 2011, 10:48:12

given a choice between a toyota and a honda I would go for the honda personally:P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Helmet Game profile

Apr 6th 2011, 1:01:18

My wife has an accord and I have an altima. My car is more fun to drive, more sporty and easier to work on. The accord has been more reliable though. I had to put new struts on mine, we've done nothing but routine maintenance to hers. The accord also had better headlights, so I had to install some HID's on my car.

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 6th 2011, 19:21:28

Originally posted by GeneralKorhal:
Been driving a Sentra for almost 2 years now. Great car.

drove one ('97 Nissan Primera - UK>Jap reexport) for 12 years - utterly reliable, fantastic on tight roads ;)
With Ford now, Nissan can't be bothered to sell good fast cars, but sell cross-ov...PFFT ... TRUCKS instead :P
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

fazer Game profile

Apr 9th 2011, 5:24:21

Just bought 2010 ford focus in black. It's fantastic, great on fuel and servicing. From what I've heard the older models are good too.
- -

Fazer - MGP

"if somethings not fun, why do it?"

http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...pplication.php?clanID=MGP

fazer Game profile

Apr 9th 2011, 5:25:22

In australia cars are much more expensive than other countries I believe.
- -

Fazer - MGP

"if somethings not fun, why do it?"

http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...pplication.php?clanID=MGP

Evolution Game profile

Apr 10th 2011, 8:31:05

It would be more accurate to say that there are less models that are cheap. If its a model that sells a lot theres no problem, but for models that only sell a relatively small number they are more expensive.

ponderer Game profile

Apr 10th 2011, 20:15:41

Had a scion xa, loved it. Never had a problem with it until the day it got rear-ended by a truck when I still owed more on the financing than value of the car.

Edited By: ponderer on Apr 10th 2011, 20:18:43
See Original Post
m0m0rific

trumper Game profile

Apr 10th 2011, 20:59:34

ride a bicycle

Z Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 1:11:13

Another one rides the Bus...