Verified:

Evolution Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 6:43:54

Recently at work, every now and again I would hear about an employee called Evo. I had no clue who they were. We would be in meetings and I'd hear people mention them doing similar stuff to what I was doing. I figured it was either short for something or their nickname.

Some people would say that I should ask them questions on how to do stuff, or they were working on similar projects but didn't know where they were.

ROFL I finally worked it out, my Microsoft office is registered under the name Evo, so all documents done on my laptop are under the name Evo.

So people just assumed it was some other worker, even though its me... but they don't know that... I discovered it in a planning meeting with someone senior. They were talking about a document how it had a few errors, I said that multiple people had worked on it so there were a couple of small consistancy errors. Then they blamed Evo as they were the last person to work on it. I was thinking wtf how did they get a chance to work on this too. I was helping edit the document when I saw the track changes.

When I worked on my laptop they were under the name Evo as author but when I used my work desktop they were under my real name. Then I figured it out. Pretty funny that people just assumed it was another person somewhere in the office for so long.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 23rd 2011, 6:50:26

LOL

now you have to decide if you should take credit or what haha...
Finally did the signature thing.

Kyatoru Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 7:00:06

heh

it was that fluffing evo guy again!
+Kya

Ozzite Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 10:52:49

Now "Evo" needs to send a letter in asking for a few months back pay before retiring :-P
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

diez Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 14:22:50

ozzite got a point, this is how we're going to upgrade our servers! :p

Ozzite Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 14:45:04

or fluff, don't have "evo" retire, just start getting paid 2x :-P
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

PapaSmurf Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 15:24:46

lol, that's awesome. I agree with Ozzite, start getting paid 2x!!!

Angel1 Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 15:30:46

ConEmpires anyone?
-Angel1

Lobo Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 18:30:42

LOL, that is awesome! I am going to start blaming Lobo for everything.
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack
The only real progress lies in learning to be wrong all alone. ~Albert Camus

Original SANCT...

spawn Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 18:38:27

LOL
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 23rd 2011, 19:18:59

-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Foobooy Evolution Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 0:57:09

Push all errors on to this "Evo" jerk, and all praise on to you.

It is rare to find such a righteous tool!

swampy Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 2:08:10

lol you would get an awesome payout

dixiechick Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 10:27:01

I had to adjust my e-mail settings as I found out that it showed up the same way as Dixiechick on my desktop. I figured it out when our IT department camed by saying "hi Dixiechick' or Chick and laughing. I no longer log on from work to BC or EE. When i have msn loaded it no longer shows Dixiechick. Good thing our IT likes me around there.

dustfp Game profile

Mar 25th 2011, 0:29:32

Fact: IT staff like all women.
-fudgepuppy
SancTuarY President
msn:
aim: fudgepuppy6988
http://collab.boxcarhosting.com

Evolution Game profile

Mar 25th 2011, 2:03:39

Originally posted by Ozzite:
or fluff, don't have "evo" retire, just start getting paid 2x :-P

Nah I got in trouble when they discovered I was Michael as well last time :D
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

Lobo Game profile

Mar 25th 2011, 3:29:30

Originally posted by dustfp:
Fact: IT staff like all women.

So not true lol....they just patronize us more. *married to an IT guy
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack
The only real progress lies in learning to be wrong all alone. ~Albert Camus

Original SANCT...

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Mar 25th 2011, 3:57:59

Evo needs to ask for a raise!
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

oats Game profile

Mar 25th 2011, 4:12:52

Use someone's phone who is out of the office and make calls using the name Evo. People call back looking for Evo and bam, people in the office will start to look for the guy. Also have orders shipped to Evo as well as a birthday bouquet delivered to his name.

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Mar 25th 2011, 5:23:27

I am seeing 2 paychecks in your future
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

Evolution Game profile

Mar 25th 2011, 5:49:22

Nah an executive started to crack down on that sort of thing, when they realised they had no flipin clue who everyone that was employed was. People were hiring friends and claiming expenses for business trips that nobody was certain even occured.

When they audited the department, I was the only person with legit hours, and I was working two positions (against the rules aparently), so I was getting two paychecks but was working more than legally allowed. Apparently we need to sleep.

They put me on a contract now (for one of my positions), so I get paid the same regardless of hours. The other position is limited to 5 hours a week now, and my third position pays so little they don't care how much I work.

Bascially my wage per hour varies between $13-250 an hour depending on what I am doing. I used to earn the same, when it was between $35-100 an hour.

The only reason that I was discovered before was because IT merged our two email addresses without telling me, and I was sending emails under Michaels name without realising it.

CC Game profile

Mar 25th 2011, 8:45:59

Evfo fluffed it out again! damnit.
Canterbury Crusader (CC)
Evolution

Jiman Game profile

Mar 25th 2011, 8:55:11

this is great! :P

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 25th 2011, 19:13:04

It might be best if Evo wasn't an employee but a contractor, then you can just create invoices for Evo's time and bill the company. Set up a PO Box to receive the checks. Set up a proprietorship called Evo Enterprises. Or a partnership if you want some help :)

ClayQ Game profile

Mar 25th 2011, 19:38:39

I like it.

tyug Game profile

Mar 25th 2011, 20:06:24

hahaha =P!!! Amazing Evo!!

AoS Game profile

Mar 25th 2011, 20:16:45

Multi!
The dreamer is banished to obscurity.

gwagers Game profile

Mar 26th 2011, 18:22:53

This could benefit the company as well as the employee, though, if we were to send the boss instructions on how to internally farm...
Peloponnese (PEHL-oh-puh-NEES): a mythical land of cheesecake

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Who has time for that? BLAST THEM ALL!

Forgotten

Mar 27th 2012, 18:55:18

bonus post
~LaF's Retired Janitor~