Verified:

kemo Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 20:42:27

whoever got the kill could get a portion of its remaining stock, land and techs would be nifty i guess
all praised to ra

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Mar 23rd 2011, 20:56:56

I'll pass the idea on. However I think some thought would need to be put into how this could change the game dynamics. I'm assuming one couldn't exceed the country limit with this.
I'm not sure how this would affect warring though...

you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Havoc Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 21:30:38

Yeah I recommended this a couple months ago on the suggestion forum to no response..
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Deci Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 22:04:35

You're just gay, Havoc!
Retired.... and back again.

Havoc Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 22:16:45

thanks for the clarification Deci
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

kemo Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 23:18:40

if your goin to consider just handing a whole country over then i think the previous owner shouldnt be allowed to make another one for atleast a certain amount of time. whats to stop someone from making a wicked breaker and just hand it off to a restart instead of just doin fa?
all praised to ra

Pain Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 3:40:35

i could see that getting abused in the form of say, youre in a war and one of your allies kills all of your countries then "transfers" you all thier good ones in place as reps for the "oops". then youd get tag jumping without the police action. :P
Your mother is a nice woman

Pain Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 5:51:03

well yea hes losing his countries, but if you have an ally who hates the people youre warring, and they know they cant FA you then this is an even more effective option.
Your mother is a nice woman

mdevol Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 5:52:58

i see the point in this and its a decent idea but i think that would have more use in 1A. in ffa where you have 16 countries, pumping a restart back up isnt that big of an issue. a pain yes, but not that hard to do.

also the rep system we have in place is pretty effective i think.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

llaar Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 14:39:05

", but if you have an ally who hates the people youre warring, and they know they cant FA you then this is an even more effective option."

ummm they *could* just tag jump

thats no different

llaar Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 14:40:32

and yea handing off countries like the olden days wouldnt be a bad idea

CF was declared and an IMP member kept killing by accident, thats what prompted this thread... if he could just hand over 2 countries, all would be well

receiver would have to accept the transfer after the sender sent the new country offer

and yea no more than 16 for sure

kemo Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 20:18:36

donny you wouldnt hand a friend one of your countries if he really needed one badly? if they didnt have much time in their day and needed to solo kill everyday id have no problem handing over a breaker or 2

and the whole point of not bein able to make another right away is to make the "community country passing" not an easy choice. make them think if thats what they really wanna do. if you had to wait 72hrs before makin another after passin one off youd think twice :P
all praised to ra

llaar Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 20:21:54

you praise ra?

kemo Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 20:32:28

with weekly sacrifices
all praised to ra

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 20:50:05

I didn't read all the comments, So if its already been mentioned, then sorry for repeating it.

This will not work. Clans will take advantage of the system with other friends in different alliances. Too much potential for abuse.
FFA Server - Paragon of Duality
Alliance Server - Moral Decay

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 24th 2011, 22:31:16

This actually wouldn't be that hard to code.

I think the only good way to make it work would be to have someone donate a country to the tag and then the tag admin could choose who received the country (obviously the only candidates would need less than 16 countries).

This does strike me as slightly bizarre though. Does sending FA packages or easy PSes not work for some reason?

kemo Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 23:32:09

their fine. this is just the lazy mans way is all
all praised to ra