Verified:

PowerOfLight Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 16:28:29

Is this the first "arranged" war on the EE A server? How does it stack up against other arranged wars from the past? With the members advantage we had to begin with it would probably have been a lot tighter conflict if SoF had the advantage of the FS. Not saying it wasn't tight all the way through anyways. For an arranged war I see some bad feelings showing through. Not just ECM against SoF, but even some harsh things said between players in ECM. This is the 1st pre-arranged war I've ever fought in. The numbers advantage was too hard for SoF to overcome in the end IMO. Everyone was prepped very well for the war, probably about equal. Participation looked close to equal. Really just numbers, so maybe SoF doing the 1st strike would have been a closer battle in the end. I don't see any ass kissing going on at all. Servant is tight with some of the SoF players because he has known them from early in E2025 days. I don't see it as a negative thing. to be called out in forum. so it looks like a bad thing.

Good war all around guys/gals. Nobody should be made to feel bad about how they see things from their own viewpoints. It was all supposed to be FUN!! Every Alliance involved had their good and bad points, just like always. this was a terrifiic evaluation tool for all. Thanks for the entertainment!

Helmet Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 16:29:52

good post

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 21st 2011, 16:32:26

I like how in this thread, Thomas is barely holding back his desire to brag, while Ivan is barely holding back his desire to get pissed :p

it could have so easily been the opposite situation!

really enjoyable war so far, wish I'd had more than 6 days to make my initial country for it :p
someone should have brought the member disparity to my attention earlier!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

aponic Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 16:53:49

Originally posted by Tertius:
Originally posted by Servant:
Crazy,
While, a portion of their new members from the recent merger didn't really come through, so one could debate that it was more like 40-45% larger.

It was a good war, but I don't see how you could debate that at all. This is like some fishing trip story where by the end of next set the story will go that ECM had three times the numbers and SoF will have won.

SoF said publicly they thought to have 115 members. It is unfortunate that the RAGE merger didn't go through exactly to plan and they wound up tagging 100. It did give us a numbers advantage, but contrary to ivan's popular belief, there wasn't a recruitment drive; word just got out to some old vets that if they came back, there was a war with SoF waiting for them. Even then, we tagged up 28% more than them, and several of those guys never made hits and wound up being farmland for SoF anyways.

SoF fought well. They're still the best war alliance in the game right now. But there is no reason to say that they only lost because they were down 30-45% in numbers, because it simply isn't true. It took some time, but ECM worked hard and got sub-minute kill runs on top SoFers and had about the same hits per members.

Saying that SoF only lost because they were outnumbered isn't fair to ECM OR SoF, because obviously SoF thought they could handle the numbers advantage before the war started, and if ECM are just pushovers, then a loss is a failure on SoF's part.

I don´t know how you came up with 115 members when rage was 25 members and we were 75 last set. we were only 35 members a year ago. Did you pull this out of your magic hat or something dude?
SOF
Cerevisi

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 21st 2011, 17:38:13

Whoa, bra, settle down. My magic tinfoil hat failed me, man. Apologies, dude. The one line doesn't really affect my point, buddy. Okay, pal? We all good, right homie?

Murf Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 17:43:59

lol

i finally died last night, screwed my country up breaking lord slayer for fun and had to sell 1.4 spies just to run some fricking turns. Had literally just walked in the door when i got a text to say i was being hit, despite getting on within 15 secs of that txt i was dead, 51 sec kill run not bad at all, but had i not bothered breaking LS it would of been much more difficult

RIP #309

Kingme Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 17:45:55

All I have to say is...

Val Kilmer!

joe2 Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 18:17:38

aponic he got the number 115 from several things SoF members had said :P

NukEvil Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 18:24:04

To be honest, I really haven't put very much effort into this war. Sure, I walled a little, and sure, I put out some hits, and maybe added a little organization into a few warchats. But, as a comparison, I've put out maybe just over a tenth of the hits that I put out in Earth:2025's last war. I guess that I just don't care as much as I used to.

Props to SoF. I expected a hard, fun war, and SoF delivered. Both sides have noticed shortcomings in their overall strategies, and they'll hopefully learn from them.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

BobbyATA Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 18:46:06

AT BAN kme, get the fluff out, only trolls who ignore AT bans allowed:P

M m i x X Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 19:48:07

*ignores AT bans*

yeah! Val Kilmer FTW!
-=(M m i x X)=-

anoniem Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 20:28:59

I'll be advising qzjul to remove you all from evo. Yank will confirm at least a 2-reset ban from EVO, then qzjul will re-recruit you within the space of 5 seconds.
re(ally)tired

diez Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 20:52:46

You are the Big Bro of EVO. There's no need to advise qz or anything, he's just a mere peasant in EVO's hierarchy.

http://forums.earthempires.com/...p;p=1300345338&page=1

Flamey Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 21:10:21

Originally posted by Thomas:
Originally posted by Ivan:

both sides fought well enough said

For once we agree on something!! SoF did a very good job and made it as hard as possible for us with the walling, SPALs and huge breaks. Was a challenge for a while and I love the fact that I can finally get to bed at a reasonable time now for the first time in 3 weeks. Win/Lose/Draw I was looking forward to that as the exhaustion has set in.

Imagine doing this every set, sometimes oop or a few days into the set. This is why IX and SoL stand out as two of the greatest warring alliances in the game. I remember the epic coalition wars of 2005/6 which last 2 years without break. There were also a lot more players back then and at one point I was running 18 hour chats as an over-eager 16 year old, while being trained by Duque. I do admit though that the planning an intensity was not as hardcore as nowadays, but I still severly doubt that any alliance has come close to the hell-bent dedication the WoG/Rival warteam did in 2009. Our countries were always awful too, making the planning even more crucial. In the end being able to kill targets first time whether they walled or not and achieving a 95% walling rate saw us through most wars, the advantage of having people who have played for over 10 years.

I'd still wager a bet though that only SoF, SoL and iMag could maintain constant warfare at this level without losing their leadership and members and this is one reason why these three alliances should be up there at good war alliances.

anoniem Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 21:20:05

Netgaining alliances don't want to be a good war alliances.

How can you keep up constant warfare when there is nobody left to play with?
re(ally)tired

Thomas Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 23:28:50

Flamey -- I don't think the netting tags could keep up this level because we don't have the necessary interest of warring all the time, have a lot of lazy players, and don't have enough people willing or able to run effective warchats around the clock. The latter part, I believe Aponic mentioned SoF having something like 15 war leaders. Must be nice :P

Loafer Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 23:33:13

I DECLARE MORAL VICTORY!

Loafer Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 23:42:10

Aponic is really bad with numbers. *sad 453*

skitch Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 1:17:11

I"M ALIVE AND WILL NOT DIE!

aponic Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 1:36:01

We have a very large and organized leadership network.

Tertius: 115 members would have been a miracle. SO I don't know if some SOF member said that and you quoted it, but I will clear the air and say that it would have been impossible.
SOF
Cerevisi

Helmet Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 1:36:01

We have 135 war leaders and we can shoot lightning bolts out of our arses.

joe2 Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 2:24:39

I'm pretty sure Ivan tossed out 115 as a number but I've been wrong before.

I approve of helmets post!

CGiboney Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 2:30:37

epic

Unholy Monks

Ozzite Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 3:06:34

Originally posted by aponic:
We have a very large and organized leadership network.

Tertius: 115 members would have been a miracle. SO I don't know if some SOF member said that and you quoted it, but I will clear the air and say that it would have been impossible.

Originally posted by Ivan:

Actually we were expecting 110-115 with Rage now we had to struggle for weeks to get to 100

You're welcome =]
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

Evolution Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 3:29:01

Originally posted by Ozzite:
You're welcome =]

Who listens to Ivan?
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

Hardy Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 3:58:24

[22:22;21]Deitylord: chem rush, country has 70 SDI
[22:22;23]Deitylord: GO!
[22:22;31]Deitylord: dead

aponic Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 5:06:36

Originally posted by Evolution:
Originally posted by Ozzite:
You're welcome =]

Who listens to Ivan?

Ivan expects us all to wall 24/7 also. Try to get a grip on the difference between expectations and reality next time Ozzite.
SOF
Cerevisi

AxAlar Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 5:16:39

Hardy wins post of this thread. Why? he mentioned my name, therefore his argument is more valid than anyone elses.

Lar.
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
AIM: I The Brandon
MSN:

dagga Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 5:53:32

I'd wager SOL would outlast both SOF and imagnum in terms of staying together while fighting wars over long periods (12-18 months straight). SOF, because they still have a few members that don't mind netting now and then, IMAG because surely they can't stick together by getting theire asses kicked every war.

..and Ivan, the moral victory reference was noted :)
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

dagga Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 6:00:13

Oh, but I'd say it would be a tie out of SOL and IX.

SOF always seemd to have the country building advantage over SOL.

SOL always seemed to have the doggedness/restart rate/tenacity over SOF.

IX always seemed to have the politics/dirty tricks/surprise factor advantage over both. :p
signatures are stupid.

Flamey Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 8:38:14

I'm pretty sure imag has been warring continously for over 5 years, except for one set where they didn't play. I think they saw it as a personal failure when they weren't tagkilled. IX totally owned the political arena for years on end.

dagga Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 8:58:48

Flamey, imag have not made any enemies to the point where the enemy plots to destroy them set after set. They're more of an inconvenience. A nuisance. If imag get to the point where they annoy a SoF, SoL or even a netting alliance to the point where they decide to gangbang them out of existence, they would fold in 6 months.

What keeps imag going is the fact that they manage to get in the under-the-radar first strikes, the planning, the picking their own fights that being a mosquito allows :) If they put in some effort into becoming more than that, then the big boys would decide enough is enough.
signatures are stupid.

Helmet Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 11:00:08

I don't know why anyone considers IX a top anything since they got busted for cheating on several occasions, once it was like 40 countries in their tag.

dagga Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 12:18:09

Helmet is correct. I still hate how one of their fluffhead leaders infiltrated SOL leadership for a bit. :/
signatures are stupid.

NukEvil Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 12:36:11

Imag's just here to weed out the new alliances that don't really have what it takes to survive here.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Dragonlance Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 12:49:21

IX were never more than a 2nd tier warring alliance with average members who gave up easily.

Angy running 50 countries every set, LaF, delitez and TIE had to continuously Fa them for survival.

They relied on exceptionally intelligent leadership, extreme political machinations and blatent disregard for the rules to cover for lazy membership.

Some of us didn't have that luxury.

And dagga, SOL was willingly complicent in that treachery. SOL's members did nothing to right this wrong. Your alliance betrayed us, for the political benefits of the IX association. You cannot deny it and place it at the feet of Angy.

I developed a great relationship with praetor and makinso whilst i was leading rage here in EE. But that doesn't change what you did in the past. SoF never did this to us, ever.

You personally hurled many abusive posts @ WoG/Rage/Rival/SoF/Chosen enemy by your IX master of the day.

In some ways Helmet, you and SoF were the smartest of all. SoF left the game, while we foolishly stayed for years... and for what? a broken alliance, hours and hours foolishly wasted on a pointless exercise. We flushed them out of our own alliance, only to find that nobody else cared.

So in summary:

SoL: stupid leaders, stupid members, dogged and tenacious
SoF: proud ledaers, smart leaders.
IX: smart leaders, deceptive leaders, average members.

It would be alot better if these clans didn't exist anymore:p

I suggest you all forget about it. Earth2025 was a different era, pre WW1, we are in the modern EE age now.

Treat EE like a fresh start, stop the comparisons with Earth2025, that hideous beast of a "game".

On the topic of the current war. I havn;t seen the stats, or seen anything about what has gone down apart from reading this thread today, but i imagine SoF couldn't make up the member difference, becuase ECM knew this is 1 set only deal, it is easy to get up for it, no consequence war, alot to prove. For SoF? what is there to prove? not alot, they will still be seen as elite regardless. Rage didn't help. Rage beefs up the numbers, without providing much actual commitment. Rage merged for a reason, if we had 25 active members who could war full on for a set... we would not have been merging!

Now if you'll excuse me i need to book some accommodation:p

p.s. Flamey is right. WoG War leaders dedication is so far ahead of everyone else it is laughable. Given how good some of the "other crews" are (SoF/SoL etc.). Part of Rage's problem has always been, we can never match the dedication and skill shown to us that we helped participate in, at the early stage, that was perfected in Rival, that attracted our best like ayatollah to go to wog, that to try and run a war clan. Like tasting perfection but never again reaching that height.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 22nd 2011, 14:25:07

ya, DL's post is pretty on the money -- although LaF never aided IX's "extra" countries while I was in leadership, so I'd call that part into question, at least from 2006/2007 onward. Anything which was sent wasn't done. During most of my time in leadership while LaF/IX were "friends" we knew IX was politicking against us behind the scenes, so we weren't super keen on sending them a lot of aid regardless. :p

And lots of talk of Rival here... well Rival was in bed with IX as much as SoL was at the end of Rival. And WoG was basically IX jr, and IX's single DP, when they came back at the end of e2025 :p

and, on a closing note, the times when SoL and IX and SoF explicitly had the plan to kill everyone else on the server and "win the game" were a major part of why the EC community took a nosedive that last year of e2025. during the most difficult time in the game's history, the leaders of those alliances thought "let's kill it further." that was kind of a fluff move :p

Edited By: Pang on Mar 22nd 2011, 14:44:05
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

crazyserb Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 15:14:03

lol what bastards!!!

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Mar 22nd 2011, 15:52:25

"the leaders of those alliances thought "let's kill it further." that was kind of a fluff move :p"

*ahem* There was only one reset where sof actually did that so pfft:P

And during my entire reign of terror of sof it was never our goal to kill the server (we had several opportunities to do it, the most notable was where we sided with Rage and WoG against SLIT rather than taking Sol/IX up on their offer. Although I have to say that if we had it's unknown how long sol/IX would have remained allies). It was much more fun being rather random and unpredictable (apologies to NA):P

you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Mar 22nd 2011, 15:53:15

regarding EE being a fresh start, that's certainly true.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

morwen Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 18:02:05

fresh start my ass, you cannot forget anger or dislike that you have for someone or an alliance, a lot of things are refreshing and nice and new and different and all that, but certain things will never change

back to topic

evo sucked at killing me!

(+bonus points)

NukEvil Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 18:06:41

Netters are supposed to suck when they're winning a war.

CeyLonTEa Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 18:43:23

neh neh neh!

Thomas Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 19:44:07

Originally posted by martian:

I'm pretty sure we got FS'd the first set of EE for something that happened in E2025.

Lobo Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 19:54:52

confirmed... I rock! :)
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack
The only real progress lies in learning to be wrong all alone. ~Albert Camus

Original SANCT...

Flamey Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 20:40:01

Originally posted by morwen:
fresh start my ass, you cannot forget anger or dislike that you have for someone or an alliance, a lot of things are refreshing and nice and new and different and all that, but certain things will never change

back to topic

evo sucked at killing me!

(+bonus points)

Confirmed, I hate everyone.

P.S. AnGy only ran about 10 of those multies.. I believe tF and others ran some of them lol.

Thomas Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 20:58:01

AxA ran all of them!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 22nd 2011, 21:58:29

I'm pretty sure we got FS'd the first set of EE for something that happened in E2025.

my alliance was also FS'ed the first set of EE for things that happened in E2025...

:(
we can say "clean slate" as much as we like, but ya... it didn't happen for most folks, despite many hoping it would :p

Edited By: Pang on Mar 22nd 2011, 22:03:51
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Soviet Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 22:17:31

Originally posted by dagga:
Flamey, imag have not made any enemies to the point where the enemy plots to destroy them set after set. They're more of an inconvenience. A nuisance. If imag get to the point where they annoy a SoF, SoL or even a netting alliance to the point where they decide to gangbang them out of existence, they would fold in 6 months.

What keeps imag going is the fact that they manage to get in the under-the-radar first strikes, the planning, the picking their own fights that being a mosquito allows :) If they put in some effort into becoming more than that, then the big boys would decide enough is enough.

I seem to recall a SOL hellbent on gangbanging iMag for the last 3 out of 4 sets (which totals 6 months). Yet all you've done is make us grow larger. :)
Originally posted by Pang:

my alliance was also FS'ed the first set of EE for things that happened in E2025...

:(
we can say "clean slate" as much as we like, but ya... it didn't happen for most folks, despite many hoping it would :p

That was simply a "Thank You" from us here at iMag for continuing our quest for domination.
Imaginary Numbers
http://www.letskillstuff.org

dagga Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 0:57:25

Drangonlance, you strike me as someone who is seriously struggling with some latent bitterness. SOL teamed up with IX, yes, you're right. It was mostly because Angelous was shoe-horned into leadership. You're a moron if you think he was in leadership with the name Angelous. It was a secret. No members knew. What would you like the members to do? Plead for your forgiveness? At the end of the day, SOL and IX have always been enemies and always stood for mostly different things. If SOL didn't team up with IX, you and your cronies would have been doing the same to us.

Just so happens RAGE/SOF/Rival/etc.. were on the losing end of the SLIT wars. Those on the losing end tend to have your bitter and skewed outlook.
signatures are stupid.