LCoH FA

Mar 18th 2011, 17:17:09

i hope that is because my millitary sold :P

Dragon Game profile

Mar 18th 2011, 17:17:45

Probably not :)

Dragon Game profile

Mar 18th 2011, 17:18:27

We can't compete with the Big Guys, so I'm having fun competing with you.

LCoH FA

Mar 18th 2011, 17:27:16

we are not going to challenge you in total nw

Dragon Game profile

Mar 18th 2011, 17:34:48

No, but I'll have a hard time staying ahead of you in ANW. And ANW is really the measure of who runs the best countries. :)

LCoH FA

Mar 18th 2011, 17:37:58

dont worry...you are way too good for me

Dragon Game profile

Mar 18th 2011, 17:38:38

I don't think so. I think I'm trying to prove I'm in the same class as you, in fact. ;)

LCoH FA

Mar 18th 2011, 17:39:59

in that case...you dont even stand a chance ;)

btw...im in chat

SwedishViper Game profile

Mar 18th 2011, 17:40:56

So this is what small guys look like, nice :)

btw (as you seem to know it)

Whats the secret recipe for being small and staying alive in ffa these days?

----------------------------------------------------
OVERLORD 4 Life

Dragon Game profile

Mar 18th 2011, 17:54:19

Well there, OVERLORD (nice to see that tag, btw), I think basically two things apply.

One is that your tag needs to be one people remember from days gone by and/or you need to know people.

Another thing that clans on this server seem to expect is that you announce yourself and your clan/tag here on FFAT. I'm not sure why that is, but I've seen people get farmed and/or taken out with the excuse that they were thought to be a spam or suicider tag cause they didn't introduce themselves.

As far as staying alive, I think that's easy enough because the big clans permit self-farming which means less grab pressure on the little guys.

If some big clan does a farm run on you, talk to them. They may well make it right with you. If they don't, come to FFAt and advertise what they've done.

A lot of people accuse me of or criticize me for what they feel to be "crying" or "whining" on FFAt.

All I can say is that small clans are NOT gonna get the same attention if nobody knows what's going on behind the scenes. Yes, I "do FA on the boards" and if I were the leader of a clan anywhere near the size of some of the larger clans here, I would not do so.

The simple truth of the matter is that the bigger clans will take liberties with the smaller ones because if they behaved like that with a similar sized clan, they'd end up in a war.

So while little 16 country ESD might not be able to take out 250 country Clan X, ESD CAN come to the public forums and if nothing else expose the bad behavior they experience from less than scrupulous clans.

This achieves two things. First, there are always clans out there who look out for the Little Guy and secondly, there are always other Little Guys out there who might consider merging into one larger clan because they live the same reality as ESD.

Respect is probably the biggest weapon a small tag has at the end of the day though.

Dragon Game profile

Mar 18th 2011, 18:13:14

Originally posted by LCoH FA:
in that case...you dont even stand a chance ;)

btw...im in chat

You're not there any more. Of course, I just got there.

Dragon Game profile

Mar 18th 2011, 18:14:50

I want you to think about something.

If LCoH and ESD merged, we could be the Little Screaming Demons.

Tag - LSD

How cool is THAT?

LeftyHa8er Game profile

Mar 18th 2011, 18:29:27

i would say a big part is contacting the right member of the bigger clans leadership.

say u have an issue with imp

if it post on FFAT and no one messages u back what should u do?

in IMPs case i would send a pm to the leaders who post on FFAT alot. That would be LeftyHa8er(me), KC, or SnawDog. Rico and Prime while the Prez and VP u could message one of them, they will tell to talk to one of us if they message u back at all.

KyleCleric Game profile

Mar 18th 2011, 18:42:58

i think it's also a matter of whether the bigger clan has respect for you. talking with us about what happened will probably not only get what you want in terms of reps but probably a DNH and limited hits from us. fluff here, though, and we'll kill.
This is our fluffing city. And no one is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong.

Mar 18th 2011, 18:54:42

@Dragon - In other words same as it always have been since the birth of ffa back in the days

Seems like nothing have changed when looking at the tags in this game and the ppl posting on the board. Same ppl, a bit older, and the same kind of threads :)

Guess i have to check up on the contact list again then to actually survive next set.

@Lefty - Had a guy playing in Overlords in mars2026 a few years ago who was an IMP by heart and called himself BodyMan. IF hes with ya now i actually have One known contact whos still playing :)

btw - nice to see that esd is still going strong, a good incentive to actually play again so i can beat ya netwise :)
OVERLORD 4 Life

Dragon Game profile

Mar 18th 2011, 19:09:23

Welcome to the game, SV. We little guys can't compete against the big clans, but we CAN compete against one another. Of course, that brings up the whole self-farming thing.

Stick around. It would be cool to see 5 or 6 viable 16 country tags fighting it out for ANW and TNW amongst themselves.

I'm more than willing to give any one man band a standing DNH or we can waste time and turns eating retals from one another, OR we can make agreements where we trade land.

Dragon Game profile

Mar 18th 2011, 19:13:17

Originally posted by KyleCleric:
i think it's also a matter of whether the bigger clan has respect for you. talking with us about what happened will probably not only get what you want in terms of reps but probably a DNH and limited hits from us. fluff here, though, and we'll kill.

Well, you didn't kill ME, and honestly, I got the idea you were blowing me off after I hadn't receieved any new news after the 72 hour retal window closed, Kyle.

You may have been busy with other matters at the time, but I personally feel that had I not gone public, I would have had no response to me getting farmed by an IMP member.

That said, IMP made a very fair rep offer and because they did, I only took about half of what was offered to me. That changed my mind about how I had to deal with IMP.

Despite my taking things public, they did the right thing. That earned a lot of respect on my part and from now on, I will return that respect in any dealings I have with IMP.

Mar 18th 2011, 19:22:40

Of course anyone that wants a Pact with me gets one :). Wasting time and energy by doing back to back hits on eachother is pointless .

btw would be cool if all small, big netters, would come to terms and try a merger for a set to see what happens.

OVERLORD 4 Life

Dragon Game profile

Mar 18th 2011, 19:27:09

I'm okay with that.

You, me, LCoH, UNI (Mathias), and TheFallen (and others)could all hook up for a set and use a mutually agreeable clan name to show this server how to net gain properly.

I think a 100 country tag that doesn't self farm could own the server. I think a 75 country tag could in fact. I'm blowing some stock to keep up with LCoH in ANW, but I have plenty more in reserve.

KeTcHuP Game profile

Mar 18th 2011, 19:31:06

To survive, be patient, dont over react, and bite your tongue at times.
Ketchup the Thoughtful Suicidier

Dragon Game profile

Mar 18th 2011, 19:32:29

Biting one's tongue is highly overrated. =P

Mar 18th 2011, 19:43:06

Sounds like a plan, just have to convince the rest of the guys mentioned above to agree to it then :)

The landtrading strat to get millions of acres (that llaar used a year ago and perhaps still is using) takes much fun out of the netgaining these days though.
OVERLORD 4 Life

Dragon Game profile

Mar 18th 2011, 19:54:32

Well we shold be able to get all parties into a discussion near the end of the reset.

We can start by you and I hooking up for the next reset. I don't know how you feel about the importance of the heritage of the clan name you play under, but I suggest something not common to any of us.

ESD actually did that one set. I can't remember what we called the clan, but it wasn't something that would have identified any of the clans we came from to play together.

I like something humorous. Dark Idiots Cooking Kangaroos (tag name fluff) or something would be fine by me.

Here's my philosophy. You're not an Idiot. I'm not a (complete) Idiot. Molem or whoever that is or are over at LCoH are certainly not Idiots.

We're all veteran players and we know what's stupid and not stupid to do.

We make it clear to the server that each of us is individually responsible for any stupidity we might commit. That keeps us from getting idiots because if they think for a minute they can be stupid and be protected, they don't last long.

Anyone is welcome to join, but if idiots with some axe to grind just join to do things they haven't the balls to do by themselves, we farm and kill them ourselves. Animals may eat their young for a reason.

Our tag should be a no-bullfluff tag full of nothing but professionals who simply look to dominate net gaiing without resorting to self farming and land trading.

That said, if we decide to self farm and land trade, so be it. We just all have to understand that low defense countries are going to be spotted by clans like NBK and exploited.

KeTcHuP Game profile

Mar 18th 2011, 19:59:23

Id be for helping that come to fruition Dragon!

ill pact taht fully from TKO and pushing allies to pact you too=)

However you guys should join TKO! self farming allowed, not reqruired, and there is a post in announcements about self famring, and the risks involved=D

KyleCleric Game profile

Mar 18th 2011, 20:02:09

Originally posted by Dragon:
Originally posted by KyleCleric:

Well, you didn't kill ME, and honestly, I got the idea you were blowing me off after I hadn't receieved any new news after the 72 hour retal window closed, Kyle.

You may have been busy with other matters at the time, but I personally feel that had I not gone public, I would have had no response to me getting farmed by an IMP member.

That said, IMP made a very fair rep offer and because they did, I only took about half of what was offered to me. That changed my mind about how I had to deal with IMP.

Despite my taking things public, they did the right thing. That earned a lot of respect on my part and from now on, I will return that respect in any dealings I have with IMP.

I think that was kind of a weird situation. I actually did send you a message about 2 hours after telling you I'd contact you later. I really have no idea why you didn't receive it, but since you didn't, it was understandable to go to FFAT. I'm glad though that LH stepped up when you had the problem. I think LH recognized that there was a series of misunderstandings involved and was in the right position at the time to solve them.
This is our fluffing city. And no one is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong.

Dragon Game profile

Mar 18th 2011, 20:08:53

I like TKO, Ketch.

The problem is that your self farmers don't need to self farm to such ridiculous levels to be the best on the server.

I know that this whole mess is because someone (or someones) feel the need to beat llar at the game of Self Farming For Utter Networth, but I can't personally join a clan that takes it to such extremes.

You guys have 2 players, one of which obviously is self farming and land trading and the other one supporting him. That's cool. It's a strategy. I'm okay with that.

But it's a cheesy strategy, dude. Okay, wonderful. TKO is gonna own the top 50 this reset, but what does it tell you and your bunch that a single guy, using what he has is making your best players look like chumps based on NW/acre.

I did some number crunching. TKO's "best" country has 1/10 the Net worth per acre that my best country has.

You guys gotta play the way you want and that's cool.

KeTcHuP Game profile

Mar 18th 2011, 21:35:47

Dragon- when i jump ill probably be above your NPA.

The only coutnries used to help a member out were inactives, and they have been farmed. Any TKO countries that were farmed by TKO were the own owners coutnries, a retaller getting ladn back OR an inactive.

If ti was 190-210# getting farmed, then that member went inactive and wanted to share his land. You can contact him if you want.

Everyone know what string im running. I land trade, dont self farm. I got one country up to 130k acres to make the destock faster.

We are not working together to pump up one country. IN all honesty i feel ive got a good shot at #1, and it was all done within my countries, and retalling.

I personally am against multiple members pumping one country, if i see it going on ill reqruest the members stop. This is my opinion and id have to talk to other leaders to figure it out.

if you want to PM the countries involved ill talk to warster about it.

Dragon Game profile

Mar 18th 2011, 21:39:41

It's all good, man. You guys who land trade/self farm are playing a different game than the rest of us and that's cool. I know that such strats require dedication and diligence that most folks don't understand.

I'm definitely not saying that people who do are worse or better players than I am. I was just making a point.

Mar 18th 2011, 22:10:57

Sounds good, pm me your IM contact (msn/aim etc) ´so we can discuss it further when we all have the time to do so.

The name, if it ends up being only us two, could be either anonymous or known, no matter to me. A suggestion, if known, could be ESDxLORDS or esdLords (if earths screaming demons is your tagname it would become earths screaming demonlords).
OVERLORD 4 Life

neex Game profile

Mar 18th 2011, 23:13:03

I like the sound of clan LSD
I miss the Supersonics

Mar 18th 2011, 23:51:04

better yet - OVERLORDs on LSD
OVERLORD 4 Life

Mathais Game profile

Mar 19th 2011, 0:41:59

Originally posted by Dragon:
I'm okay with that.

You, me, LCoH, UNI (Mathias), and TheFallen (and others)could all hook up for a set and use a mutually agreeable clan name to show this server how to net gain properly.

I think a 100 country tag that doesn't self farm could own the server. I think a 75 country tag could in fact. I'm blowing some stock to keep up with LCoH in ANW, but I have plenty more in reserve.

I'm not sure that I belong in the company of the best netters on the server... honestly, I'm just making it up as I go most of the time... Also, I have committed to a clan for next set, so I would at least owe them the respect of a conversation before going anywhere else for a set...

...However, for one set, I think this sounds pretty cool. I'd be willing to consider it for one reason, because I like You Dragon. I like the way you do things, and respect your outlook on the game.

KeTcHuP Game profile

Mar 19th 2011, 1:27:18

Dragon i put no effort into my countries, i dont deserve to be mentioned even as above average netter IMHO lol

Dragon Game profile

Mar 19th 2011, 15:06:31

Originally posted by Mathais:
I'm not sure that I belong in the company of the best netters on the server... honestly, I'm just making it up as I go most of the time... Also, I have committed to a clan for next set, so I would at least owe them the respect of a conversation before going anywhere else for a set...

...However, for one set, I think this sounds pretty cool. I'd be willing to consider it for one reason, because I like You Dragon. I like the way you do things, and respect your outlook on the game.

You're a good, solid player and you're a good community member, and you ain't so bad at net gaining ;)

As far as the tag thing goes, that's what I'm really looking for: just one set where we "soloists" hook up and have some fun kicking the crap out of the NW on the server. I wouldn't want it to be permanent but a set with some guys I never had the opportunity to play with back in the day (like you and SV) would be cool as hell.

Dragon Game profile

Mar 19th 2011, 15:10:49

Originally posted by KeTcHuP:
Dragon i put no effort into my countries, i dont deserve to be mentioned even as above average netter IMHO lol

I think you're pretty darn good with the style you play. It's all relative. I can't measure my ability versus, say whoever it is over there at TKO who runs up that ungodly land.

There's no fair or accurate way to determine which of us is the "better net gainer" we'd have to play the exact same style in order to get an idea.

Anyways, I don't want you to think I'm fluffing about the self farming thing cause I'm not. It's a strategy (mega land management) just as surely as my running Rep Cashers that stockpile and feed the 4 TMBR's I run.

I think at best, I'm a slightly above average net gainer.

Mar 19th 2011, 21:30:47

@KeTcHuP and Mathais - I actually dont know if im any good at this either, i might even be the worst netter of the bunch, so we are all in the same boat :)

OVERLORD 4 Life

Dragon Game profile

Mar 19th 2011, 21:47:16

So we have established that we're a bunch of hacks who may or may not know our holes from asses in the ground. Sounds like fun!

LCoH FA

Mar 23rd 2011, 23:02:22

when do you stop gaining nw dragon?

Dragon Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 23:14:00

Originally posted by LCoH FA:
when do you stop gaining nw dragon?

I don't stop gaining NW until 12:00:00, one second after the reset ends.

I've done the math. I can overtake your top country before the set ends. Unless you have outside help. Let's merge and call ourselves LSD. Between the two of us, we may be able to put one or 2 countries in the final Top 10 depending on what TKO decides their top countries need to finish at.

All that said, it's been maybe the most fun I've ever had in this game competing with LCoH this reset.

You guys have made me look forward to logging in every day, and I can't probably show the proper appreciation for the joy you've returned to me in playing this game after so many years of absence.

If you ever need a friend, or an ally, call on me. Thank you so much for giving me something very good in a very bad time in my life. :)