Verified:

AtlantisCH Game profile

Mar 11th 2011, 20:53:12

It's tournament time. My college just started playing (UK)

mrford Game profile

Mar 11th 2011, 21:00:58

UNC barely won its first ACC tourny but will be a solid #2 seed in the NCAAT and is on fire right now.

no offense but John Calapari is the most worthless human in sports. he has no class, morals, or care about his athletes/students. the world would be better without him. There is no one i hate more in sports.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Rico Game profile

Mar 11th 2011, 21:08:07

Originally posted by Donny:
Dear Alantis,

please go offline? :-p

Love, CC

After the game might be a good time. Win or lose, good chance he will be drunk.

Crippler ICD Game profile

Mar 11th 2011, 21:08:59

SU FTW
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

LeftyHa8er Game profile

Mar 11th 2011, 21:09:22

we will let alantis go offline if u make your top guy logs off your 12 hours as well

LeftyHa8er Game profile

Mar 11th 2011, 21:13:28

my college will be out drinking the rest of colleges in the world... per student

Chico State! former #1 party school in the USA as ranked by Playboy where i go 4 all my party facts!

AtlantisCH Game profile

Mar 11th 2011, 21:15:34

But the last time I went offline for like an hour and a half I lost 5 countries. That made me sad :(. Will teach me to take a power nap.

Dragon Game profile

Mar 11th 2011, 21:41:48

WVU was one and done in the Big East Tournament. No repeat for them this year. Can't imagine a Final Four for them again this year either.

My guess is that they'll be an 8 or 9 seed and not make it past the second round of the NCAA Tourney. Half their team either graduated and/or went Pro after last year's loss to Duke in the NCAA Final game.

AtlantisCH Game profile

Mar 11th 2011, 21:50:04

So far UK is looking pretty decent. They might make it to the sweet 16. Their lack of a bench is going to kill them though. I think had we gotten past WVU last year we'd have had a shot.

mrford Game profile

Mar 11th 2011, 22:04:27

that coach that will get them sanctioned for 100 years is hurting them too. i wonder if he takes his players anal cherries as well......
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

KyleCleric Game profile

Mar 11th 2011, 22:08:57

UConn
This is our fluffing city. And no one is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong.

AtlantisCH Game profile

Mar 11th 2011, 22:39:00

Mr ford, honestly he is better than the last we had. The last we had didn't care much for being in the public spotlight. Wish Pitino would have stayed though. Tubby could coach but was lacking in the recruiting area it seemed.

mrford Game profile

Mar 11th 2011, 22:45:31

lol, im sure Hitler would be a great Dean, would UK consider hiring him?

the man has no morals, no sense of pride, no limits. He is scum, he doesnt care about his players nor the rules, and he fluffs all over the school he coaches for and then moves on. I have nothing against UK, but i cant stand Calapari and i think the world would be a better place without him
Swagger of a Chupacabra

KyleCleric Game profile

Mar 11th 2011, 22:50:51

Originally posted by AtlantisCH:
Mr ford, honestly he is better than the last we had. The last we had didn't care much for being in the public spotlight. Wish Pitino would have stayed though. Tubby could coach but was lacking in the recruiting area it seemed.

I wish Pitino had stayed too. No one hurt the Celts more in their history than him.
This is our fluffing city. And no one is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong.

Twain Game profile

Mar 12th 2011, 1:35:34

My actual college didn't even qualify for their conference tournament. My chosen college (Illinois) lost in their 1st game of their conference tournament and is probably looking at like, a 10 or 11 seed, so they'll probably be losing in the first round.

And I'm no fan of Calipari. In fact, I say some pretty awful things about him myself, but making the Hitler comparison? That's a bit much.

AtlantisCH Game profile

Mar 12th 2011, 2:36:46

Calipari at least for kentucky basketball is better than gillespie was. No doubt about that. I'd rather the kids stay 4 yrs though. His methods don't support that really.

mrford Game profile

Mar 12th 2011, 3:06:58

no, his methods support CHEATING. they support players getting their reputations RUINED because of his shady practices. he is a blemish on college basketball that should be ran off.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Dragon Game profile

Mar 12th 2011, 21:19:08

I think Wisconsin should drown their basketball team in a cheese vat.

Penn St. 36
Wisconsin 33

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

mrford Game profile

Mar 12th 2011, 21:23:46

HARRISON BARNES. crazy bastard put up 40 points.

UNC is going to the ACC champ game
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Dragon Game profile

Mar 12th 2011, 21:24:53

Some dude from BYU scored 52 yesterday.

Twain Game profile

Mar 12th 2011, 22:14:25

JIMMER!

Some student had a poster that had a random face shot of Jimmer Fredette with the words around it: "YOU'VE BEEN JIMMERED!"

I thought that was pretty sweet.

snawdog Game profile

Mar 13th 2011, 17:03:59

Gators goin' DOWN!

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS!
ICQ 364553524
msn

jcatron Game profile

Mar 14th 2011, 15:31:00

Kentucky Wildcats FTW!!!

Seems like Earth has a few UK fans!!!

mrford Game profile

Mar 14th 2011, 15:41:24

as i said before, fluff Calapari

looks like UNC got a #2 seed. We shall see how this plays out
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Dragon Game profile

Mar 14th 2011, 16:15:53

WVU got a 5 seed in the East Region. I don't think they're that good and they're my team. Should be an interesting rematch of WVU/Kentucky(#4 seed).

Both teams are hurting from players leaving early last year to go pro.

texhomastud Game profile

Mar 14th 2011, 20:09:46

My son and I are going to Tulsa to see our LONGHORNS play..

"ROAD TRIP"--no wife or mom to bug us,we are very excited!!

LeftyHa8er Game profile

Mar 14th 2011, 20:27:33

Tex that should be a great trip for u and your son! can i go?

KyleCleric Game profile

Mar 15th 2011, 0:42:32

That should be a lot of fun, Tex.

UConn (favorite growing up) and Penn St (one I'm attending) are in great shape as the 3 and 10 seeds in the West. Penn St should beat Temple and have a decent shot at San Diego St. UConn should beat Bucknell and the winner of Missouri v. Cincinnati. I'd love to have the two of them then face off. Then against an overrated Duke or Texas, UConn has a good shot for the Final Four.

snawdog Game profile

Mar 15th 2011, 0:47:57

Sweet trip Tex,good fun..
I guess i will be relegated to making my trips to the fridge as i watch my CATS make a run to...gotta be real here..round of the sweet 16.bout it,any more will be gravy.
ICQ 364553524
msn

AtlantisCH Game profile

Mar 15th 2011, 0:48:40

Even though UConn beat UK early in the year, I'd LOVE to see them stomp Duke. And I think Duke is overrated too.

mdevol Game profile

Mar 15th 2011, 18:20:41

MSU is ranked too high
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Twain Game profile

Mar 15th 2011, 18:30:49

The Big 10 teams in general got more credit than I expected. Some of that has to be attributed to the conference being really strong this year (I think it's hard to argue that anyone other than the Big 10 or the Big East was the strongest overall conference this year) but I still was a little surprised to see 7 teams make it in AND all of them get decent seeds. I thought 2 of PSU, MSU and Illinois would make it in and would get 10-12 seeds, but instead, Illinois at a 9 and PSU and MSU both at 10s (if my memory serves) is quite impressive.

Having said that, I see MSU as a team that could make a run. Izzo is a great tournament coach (I would imagine if you rated tournament success vs. seeding is concerned, he'd probably be the top coach over his tenure). Also, getting a 10 seed means no #1 seed to play, and they get one of the #2 seeds that I think is weaker--although they do play in Florida, which concerns me.

I think MSU is a decent Sweet 16 pick. I'd have thought the same about Illinois as well, but as a 9 seed, they've got Kansas lurking if they make it past UNLV, and I don't see that happening.

On a sidenote, one thing I noticed that I thought was kinda cool. If Illinois wins their first game and Kansas avoids a historic upset, Illinois will end up playing their last two coaches (Kruger, Self) in the first two games. Makes for an interesting storyline, doesn't it?

Twain Game profile

Mar 15th 2011, 18:32:49

One other thing: I think this year is the toughest year ever to actually pick winners. There's so much parity and there are so many streaky teams that have had great stretches and bad stretches (UConn, MSU, Illinois) that could win 2-3 games or lose badly in the first round that I think this year could be impossible.

My biggest debate in my bracket has been UConn. I currently have them being upset by Bucknell, but in my first draft, I had them going to the Final Four. I'm either going to look like a genius or a total idiot with them, I have a feeling.

AtlantisCH Game profile

Mar 28th 2011, 0:12:23

I've gotta say. I'm pretty proud of UK. They played well against UNC, and I honestly didn't expect them to make it past the sweet 16. Glad to see that they've been doing pretty well even with a not so deep bench.

Twain Game profile

Mar 28th 2011, 0:43:05

It's a crazy final 4. No #1 or #2 seeds, which basically means that you really can't claim there's a prohibitive favorite or even a "there's no way that team will win" pick. If I had to pick, I'd probably say UConn simply because they're been just as hot as they were in the Big East, but Butler's got the magic again, VCU just crushed the team that previously was the best team in the tournament (from tourney play alone) and Kentucky's just run through Ohio State and North Carolina. How can you pick against any one of these teams right now?