Verified:

RaTS FYA Game profile

May 6th 2010, 15:00:01

I wouldnt play FFA if that happened. I have barely enough interest to play 15 against other people with 15, I would never wanna play again if i had to play my 15 against people with 500
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

snawdog Game profile

May 6th 2010, 15:02:56

No thanks..Although i am sure there are a few that would.
ICQ 364553524
msn

Billyjoe of UCF Game profile

May 6th 2010, 15:14:42

They are debating a 16 country limit to make netters happy! Well techers.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 6th 2010, 15:23:27

I think the concern with no limits is a resource issue as well as the issues that rats brings up.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Billyjoe of UCF Game profile

May 6th 2010, 15:25:48

ick i used to run 600... blah good thing I had time in highschool.

now you will get 15 out of me max!

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 6th 2010, 15:29:40

lol as far as increasing the limit that is something that could be discussed. Not sure what the general feeling about that would be.

you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

NOW3P Game profile

May 6th 2010, 15:59:52

another long term side effect of this would be basically encouraging folks to re-develop bots to help them make more countries. After all, he with the most countries usually wins

20 would be cool, but I don't think there would be any real positive or negative effect on the game because of it, so it really becomes an issue of whether appeasing the community is worth the resources it will require. For me, I'd be in favor of increasing to 16 to help techers gain some efficiency, but any more than that is really just unnecessary.

Kill4Free Game profile

May 6th 2010, 17:54:15

Im up for 16 too.
So many ways to die, only one way to live...
NBK

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

May 6th 2010, 18:10:26

Originally posted by NOW3P:
another long term side effect of this would be basically encouraging folks to re-develop bots to help them make more countries. After all, he with the most countries usually wins

20 would be cool, but I don't think there would be any real positive or negative effect on the game because of it, so it really becomes an issue of whether appeasing the community is worth the resources it will require. For me, I'd be in favor of increasing to 16 to help techers gain some efficiency, but any more than that is really just unnecessary.

yup
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

Pain Game profile

May 6th 2010, 19:59:54

20 sounds like a nice round number, not that i would play that many but it might make the game more fun being more countries/land. if the game server isnt set up to handle 20 countries for each person currently playing the game then how will it ever handle to possibility of new players.

maybe do something like the old earth where you paid like $5 to be a platinum member or w/e the hell it was, and it allows you the 5 extra countries. that would help with paying increased server costs.
Your mother is a nice woman

Pain Game profile

May 6th 2010, 20:12:36

if the owners of the game really wanted to make money they could sell turns, sorta like the facebook games do. $5 for 100 turns

kidding of course, i know theres enough basement dwellers on here that would spend thier weekly allowance on turns and steal all the top spots. :P

but charging a few bucks for a "gold membership" to be able to run a few more countries would be cooll
Your mother is a nice woman

Twain Game profile

May 6th 2010, 21:51:27

I could see running more than 15 if I knew there was going to be an OoP war, but I wouldn't keep em going after they started dying/the war ended.

I think the current 15 (or 16 if they decide to go that route) is perfectly fine for the vast majority of us that play this game.

I'd probably still try it if it became unlimited, but as I said, unless it was for an OoP war and I knew the countries wouldn't last long, I'd never play more than 15.

Of course, I also kind of wonder if some of us only run 15 because we know that's the limit. If FFA here or in the old E:2025 never had a limit, it's possible most people might run less. It's sort of like at the last school I taught at, the union and administration agreed to give teachers a full year's worth of sick days (180) because they figured there were people who would use all 10 or so we'd normally get because it was a "use em or lose em" idea, but if they just gave us 180, it'd never be a spot where someone had 2-3 days left at the end of the year and just decided to casually call in sick.

Of course, I could be wrong on that. If they made it unlimited, you might see numbers explode into the 10's of thousands with even fewer actual players here....

NOW3P Game profile

May 6th 2010, 22:45:09

I think if the admins ever wanted to kill the game quickly, making it pay to play on any more than 1 server would be a great way to do it.....some folks might do it, but I suspect the majority would consider playing a 15 year old text based game for $ a bit of a waste

Bsnake Game profile

May 7th 2010, 10:50:35

i was an insomniac when i was running 800+ by hand so had the time.....

when i had my last blast( that was 1500+ with a bot and i was on a self funded holiday for 12 months and it still took heaps of time....

if anyone wants to run 300+ by hand... go at it..... but you are wasting your time.....
<bsnake> 68,270,386 turrets whats that in NW??
<Crippler> 115m NW
<Bsnake> 38 mill NW nub... thanks for your netting advice.. Stick to killing nub