Verified:

Shinigami Game profile

Mar 5th 2011, 0:49:23

Granted, it's still probably less the Auburn paid for Cam Newton, but yeah.

raves

Mar 5th 2011, 13:07:03

Originally posted by TheORKINMan:

75% first weekend, 100% second weekend.

FSU in the second weekend...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

TheORKINMan Game profile

Mar 5th 2011, 16:04:31

You should know that ANYONE can make the second weekend raves. It's matchups. If that crappy George Mason team can make the Final Four anyone can with the right breaks.
Smarter than your average bear.

mrford Game profile

Mar 5th 2011, 16:06:19

anyone? can a 16 seed? i dont think that has ever happened. your statement is flawed
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

TheORKINMan Game profile

Mar 5th 2011, 16:11:15

Fine fine, if you want to be hyper technical mrford. The 6 16 seeds have no chance. But even 15 seeds have managed to beat 2 seeds very rarely. So everyone else except the 16 seeds.

mrford Game profile

Mar 5th 2011, 19:20:11

is anyone watching this WVU Louisville game? jesus

WVU was down 3 with like 50 secconds to go. crazy fluff happens and WVU nuts a 3 with 8 secconds to go to tie it at 70. Loui runs it down the court and misses a 3, rebounded by WVU and Loui FOULS THEM ON THE HALF COURT HEAVE!

WVU hits the free-throws with .6 seconds to go to win the game
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Shinigami Game profile

Mar 5th 2011, 22:24:19

Yup. Terrible decision making there.

Also, VT lost to Clemson and is in full meltdown mode.

Shinigami Game profile

Mar 5th 2011, 23:13:52

And Iowa, tied for worst in the Big 10, knocks off Purdue.

TheORKINMan Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 3:31:35

BTW FSU now telling our local beat writers Singleton will miss NC State game tomorrow but IS expected to play in the ACCT Friday.

Shinigami Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 4:28:11

Sounds like a safe call. If they can't beat NC St without him then they have some more serious issues to work on.

I expected NC to beat Duke but my god they laid some serious smack down on them.

mrford Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 13:31:52

UNC shat all over duke. It was never a close game, and was one of the most fun games I have watched in a REALLY long time. Them boys were having a blast out there.

I have been saying it all season long, UNC is getting better and better every dn game. It is insane that they have won 17 of their last 19, and if it wasn't for that horrible OOC start, I believe they would be considered for a #1 seed.

If they go far in the ACCT I think a 2 seed is a lock for them and an elite 8 almost guranteed. This postseason is looking bright for the young TarHeels
Swagger of a Chupacabra

BobbyATA Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 13:40:57

lol kansas and kentucky last year were much better teams than anyone this year. How did their postseason go? YOu are new to this march "madness" thing ford?

mrford Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 13:47:33

No shot sherlock, but the NCAA as a whole seemed much better last year. I don't exactly know what I said makes you think I've never seen a NCAA tourny before, maybe you can clarify?

The elite 8 is completely not out of the question for a team that is on fire like UNC. And the ACCT will show if this young group of players can handle a turnoment type atmosphere.

That's pretty much all I said, I didn't guranteed a national championchip because their uniforms are pretty.

Edited By: mrford on Mar 7th 2011, 17:55:20
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

BobbyATA Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 14:10:02

its not out of the question, but you said almost guaranteed which is lolable. I was just making fun of you for that. And sure the field was better last year, but was it really better because of the likes of Northern Iowa??

raves

Mar 7th 2011, 18:53:23

Originally posted by mrford:

If they go far in the ACCT I think a 2 seed is a lock for them and an elite 8 almost guranteed.

Jesus Christ, you are seriously stupid.

I didn't guranteed a national championchip because their uniforms are pretty.

You may as well have. You're stupid.

mrford Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 21:19:30

Originally posted by raves:

If they go far in the ACCT I think a 2 seed is a lock for them and an elite 8 almost guranteed.

Jesus Christ, you are seriously stupid.

I didn't guranteed a national championchip because their uniforms are pretty.

You may as well have. You're stupid.

how is that a stupid statment? all the polls have them 6th or 7th right now and one even has them at 5th.

thats easily a 2 seed. why do you seem to hate me so much when i dont even know who the hell you are? lol UNC had a flufffluff start to the season, everyone can agree with that. However, when the eitire Top 10 was falling apart in the last month of the season UNC has won 17 of their last 19 and 7 in a row. Sure one could argue that the ACC is weak however im certainly not the ONLY one harping on UNC's late season push. I mean fluff, its on ESPN.com frontpage right now.

what is wrong with you to where you cant engage in a proper debate, that you have to simply attempt to top your opponent by calling them "stupid" and preying that others agree with you and move on?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

TheORKINMan Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 21:30:40

ACCT will be interesting. It looks like Friday will be UNC/Miami Clemson/BC Duke/Maryland and FSU/Va Tech. There is a lot of potential for upsets there. I'd say all 4 top 4 seeds would need to be very wary. I don't see a Duke/UNC ACCT final there. One will lose before that and I think there's a decentchance both do.

trumper Game profile

Mar 8th 2011, 16:09:54

ACCT will be interesting. It looks like Friday will be UNC/Miami Clemson/BC Duke/Maryland and FSU/Va Tech. There is a lot of potential for upsets there. I'd say all 4 top 4 seeds would need to be very wary. I don't see a Duke/UNC ACCT final there. One will lose before that and I think there's a decentchance both do.

I don't care about the NIT so I'm hoping we survive to knock down Duke. That would make me happy.

TheORKINMan Game profile

Mar 8th 2011, 16:13:38

Andy Glockner and Pat Forde can piss off. Neither of them have FSU as a lock now. ZERO chance FSU gets left out. In the worst case scenario where FSU loses to GT in the first round of the ACCT we'd still get in at least to the play in game and probably would still be a 10-11 seed.

TheORKINMan Game profile

Mar 8th 2011, 18:56:50

BTW Here is a link to the Earth Empires bracket group I made for us:

http://eempires.mayhem.cbssports.com/e

Password to join group is earth2025

mrford Game profile

Mar 8th 2011, 19:18:16

done
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Shinigami Game profile

Mar 8th 2011, 21:28:24

done

CGiboney Game profile

Mar 8th 2011, 23:04:41

Sweet.

Unholy Monks

BobbyATA Game profile

Mar 9th 2011, 3:23:33

http://espn.go.com/...id/222/villanova-wildcats

Wow, is it possible 'Nova doesn't make it in??

Shinigami Game profile

Mar 9th 2011, 4:12:08

Originally posted by BobbyATA:

No. If nothing else the "Big East is awesome and record setting" meme would push them in.

trumper Game profile

Mar 9th 2011, 22:08:01

Originally posted by BobbyATA:

Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? No. Nova really isn't that good--our Terps almost beat them.

TheORKINMan Game profile

Mar 9th 2011, 22:46:15

Latest CBS projection has FSU/Nova in 8/9 game. I'd take that and take our chances vs the 1 seed after :P

trumper Game profile

Mar 9th 2011, 22:59:20

Latest CBS projection has FSU/Nova in 8/9 game. I'd take that and take our chances vs the 1 seed after :P

You're presuming Singleton is playing, right? I bet he hurts his foot again in AACT if he plays.

TheORKINMan Game profile

Mar 9th 2011, 23:10:57

trumper: If you havent been paying attention we've been just as good without Singleton. 4-2 without him and should have been 5-1 if not for Harrison Barnes miracle 3.

trumper Game profile

Mar 10th 2011, 1:08:07

trumper: If you havent been paying attention we've been just as good without Singleton. 4-2 without him and should have been 5-1 if not for Harrison Barnes miracle 3.

Hobbling past Miami and losing to my Terps isn't exactly the definition of consistency.

CGiboney Game profile

Mar 10th 2011, 1:11:47

Big 12 has some good teams this year. Also Ohio St. wow.....

Up set city baby!

Unholy Monks

TheORKINMan Game profile

Mar 10th 2011, 2:11:18

trumper: THis is why you cant just look at box scores. We were up by 20 for a vast majority of the game vs Miami. In the final 3 minutes Malcolm Grant hit 4 3s and got fouled on a 3. Exactly why Miami was horrible all season and then nearly went to the ACCT Final last year.

If you need empirical evidence since Singleton got hurt our offensive efficiency has gone up 60 slots and our defense has stayed steady as top 5 in Ken Pomeroy's rankings.

trumper Game profile

Mar 10th 2011, 13:56:51

trumper: THis is why you cant just look at box scores. We were up by 20 for a vast majority of the game vs Miami. In the final 3 minutes Malcolm Grant hit 4 3s and got fouled on a 3. Exactly why Miami was horrible all season and then nearly went to the ACCT Final last year.

If you need empirical evidence since Singleton got hurt our offensive efficiency has gone up 60 slots and our defense has stayed steady as top 5 in Ken Pomeroy's rankings.

You lost to us and we're no powerhouse =p. Of course this also plays into my theory that Nova is a paper tiger since we almost beat them at Nova (I went to the game and was surprised we blew it given our lead for 80% of the game).

raves

Mar 10th 2011, 15:11:24

Orkin's buddy Burr really fluffed one up yesterday. Sucks to be Rutgers.

FSU deserves a 10 (or even 11 if/when they lose to Va Tech) seed, but I am glad they'll get a 9. Hello, #1 seed ;-)

trumper Game profile

Mar 10th 2011, 15:26:28

Originally posted by raves:
Orkin's buddy Burr really fluffed one up yesterday. Sucks to be Rutgers.

FSU deserves a 10 (or even 11 if/when they lose to Va Tech) seed, but I am glad they'll get a 9. Hello, #1 seed ;-)

Aren't the Illini in the same boat? haha.

raves

Mar 11th 2011, 14:18:55

A loss to Michigan *may* drop Illinois to a 10 (which would be good). Beating Michigan and tOSU would move us up to a 7. Beating just Michigan could potentially move us up to a 7, but it would take some teams ahead of us on the S curve losing.

In the end, i think Illinois gets an 8. I wouldn't want to see Illinois if I were a 1 seed.

mrford Game profile

Mar 11th 2011, 16:00:06

wtf was up with that UVA Miami game? That was an epic last minute 10 point collapse by UVA. Has to be heartbreaking.

UNC plays their first game in 1 hour!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Mar 11th 2011, 17:26:02

LOL UNC has committed 9 turnovers in the first 8 minutes, so Roy pulled EVERYONE off the floor and put the white boys in. The fools that he normally puts in with 1 min to go and a 20 point lead.

This is not a very good start to the ACCT boys.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Mar 11th 2011, 18:16:51

i cant really stand to watch this anymore. Did they drink too much last night? wtf UNC
Swagger of a Chupacabra

trumper Game profile

Mar 11th 2011, 19:08:01

i cant really stand to watch this anymore. Did they drink too much last night? wtf UNC

Judging by that performance, you better hope the Terps knock down Duke tonight.

mrford Game profile

Mar 11th 2011, 19:08:45

wow. we shouldn't of won that game. it was embarrassing all throughout and yet somehow marshal found zellar in the pain with 0.1 seconds left for the game winning layup.

i hope we get our fluff together before the next game
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Mar 11th 2011, 19:19:57

their first lead of the game was the game winner. how often does that happen?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

TheORKINMan Game profile

Mar 11th 2011, 21:59:38

Im in Greensboro now. Was at the UM/UNC game. That last second lucky good fortune HAS to run out at some point for UNC. It's just too statistically improbable for me to believe they end up on a 10-0 ACC win streak with at least 4 buzzer beater wins involved going into the NCAAT. That's the only reason I dont think they win the ACCT.

mrford Game profile

Mar 11th 2011, 22:06:09

based on your facts, if it has happened 4 times i wouldnt exactly call it luck.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Shinigami Game profile

Mar 12th 2011, 4:36:02

Remember when the thought was that Purdue was a really good team?

Yeah, those were the days...

TheORKINMan Game profile

Mar 12th 2011, 7:10:33

You have no idea how much I want OUT of the ACC. The call on the court was that shot was good. The monitor showed the ball on the tip of his fingers as time hit 0.00 but the light on the backboard had NOT gone off yet and the horn had not sounded. The frame where the light goes off the ball is free from his hands but they had the gumption to wipe off that shot and reverse the call on the floor based on that horribly inconclusive video evidence. If our team was wearing a shade of blue that shot would have counted.

mrford Game profile

Mar 12th 2011, 7:28:46

sorry, thought you were talking about the UNC game

Edited By: mrford on Mar 12th 2011, 7:31:18. Reason: meepo
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Mar 12th 2011, 7:31:01

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZnQdsfvtMQ

still wanna post that video. amazing play by marshal.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

TheORKINMan Game profile

Mar 12th 2011, 7:44:34

No I was talking about FSU/Va Tech. Miami just choked there and Zeller clearly got the ball off for that final layup.

I dont even think YOU would deny that the call that the shot counted would not have been overturned if we were Duke or Carolina. That was an effed up Seth Greenburg cry job to get an extra ACC team into the NCAAT. I hope he chokes on a fluff and dies after losing to Alabama or Michigan in the First Four.

mrford Game profile

Mar 12th 2011, 7:45:38

i didnt watch. link me to a video!
Swagger of a Chupacabra