Verified:

Dragon Game profile

Mar 3rd 2011, 6:07:27

You know, you can prepare for it as much as you like, but somehow, you're never quite ready for the death of a close relative. Especially a child or parent.

I worked in EMS for 20 years and have seen more death than most people can imagine. I've seen people who stuck guns in their mouths and blew their brains out the backs of their heads, I've seen countless broken and destroyed bodies in car wrecks, smelled the unforgettable smell of someone burned up in a house fire, and the unbelievable stench of bodies that have been decomposing for days or weeks, I've seen dogs who were feeding on their dead, decaying owners and even seen a rat come running out of a cavity it ate into the guts of a dead guy.

I've watched people die. More often than most of you could imagine.

Nothing adequately prepares you for watching your mom die. Mine died Wednesday morning, March 2, 2011. I had been bedside with her Monday night in her intensive care bed.

The folks at the hospital had assured me that she was in no pain and really wasn't aware of what was happening. She was on a ventilator as well. When I walked in, her eyes locked on me. I sat there, kissed her, held her hand, and told her, everything was okay now.

The doctor was examining her at the time and when he pressed on her abdomen near her surgical site, she squinted and started to cry. I almost came unglued right there and then.

She was suffering, obviously. With a tube down her throat, about a dozen IV meds running into her and in pain I don't want to imagine.

Mercifully, at the request of my brother, they gave her some Versed and morphine and allowed her last hours on Earth to be painless.

There's no moral to this story, no message to make sure you tell your mom or dad or brother or sister or wife or kid how much you love them before it's too late, no advice to resolve issues unresolved, or anything else. It's just an insight into what eventually happens to all of us.

Sleep soft, mom. I love you.

Edited By: Dragon on Mar 3rd 2011, 6:11:55
See Original Post

Detmer Game profile

Mar 3rd 2011, 14:47:52

My condolences man. I can't imagine what it's like.

snawdog Game profile

Mar 3rd 2011, 15:36:41

So sad to hear,my deepest condolences and hope that you all can find some peace in your time of great loss...
ICQ 364553524
msn

braden Game profile

Mar 3rd 2011, 16:06:21

that is very sad dragon, i am very sorry to hear :(

Twain Game profile

Mar 3rd 2011, 20:06:16

Sorry for your loss, Dragon. You and your mother will both be in my prayers.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Mar 4th 2011, 0:37:49

Dragon I am sorry for your loss.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

God Head Dibs

Mar 6th 2011, 20:41:41

and a'nuther.

dang. my fingers are getting tired.
thought we IP banned that mother fluffer...

oh, and Dibs Ludicrous was here also. dowt!

PinkyAndTheBrain

Mar 6th 2011, 21:07:54

i'll post up the other accounts that you need to ban, soon as i get drunk enough to remember their passwords.
What are we going to do tonight Brain?
Same Thing As Always Pinky.
Attempt To Take Over The World,
And Fail Miserably...

Dibs Ludicrous was here. dowt!

oh noes. not another IP ban.

zeroshade Game profile

Mar 9th 2011, 15:10:36

SOrry for your loss.

ZIP Game profile

Mar 9th 2011, 18:25:14

wow dragon sorry for your loss, and thank you for your effort in the ems field.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Jiman Game profile

Mar 14th 2011, 10:26:32

I am sorry to hear for you loss :(

jenmike Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 21:53:17

God bless you and your family during the troubling times...sorry for your loss.

Y-NoT Game profile

Apr 12th 2011, 8:55:57

Sorry to hear.

Link Game profile

Apr 12th 2011, 19:29:18

sorry for your loss
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV