i like the new bonus

iolair Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 2:15:16

bonus post
nothing to see here ... move along

NukEvil Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 2:19:01

hump
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Dragonlance Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 2:25:46

LCN best war performance?!?!?!

ROFLMAO

that is fluffing stupid.

they were awful!!

No offence, but EVERY SINGLE CLAN in THE ENTIRE GAME can put on a "great FS", then give up straight away.

When you knowingly enter a war grudge war, with full knowledge the clan you are hitting will call in allies against your aggression, without allies prepared to back you up, and limply surrender.. that is not a good war performance...

though saying that, it looks like across the board the voters this round had no clue what was going on lol.

Evolution Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 2:27:56

Its the problem with the polling methodology. Only people that had strong views signed up, thus the resutls were skewed.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

Makinso Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 2:36:44

Oi Gearhead :)

Still cooking NW in LaF?

ZIP Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 3:00:18

can't someone install a poll
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Dragonlance Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 4:03:44

yeah i shouldn't fluff, i declined to vote lol

GearHead Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 4:49:13

Maki, yeah still hugging every tree I can find in LAF :D Doing it the All-X way too, not as much fun as grabbing but safer and keeps people from wanting to kill me :P Thanks for asking buddy

Alana Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 4:58:12

Best War Declaration: LCN on Rage
LCN on Rage - 8
iMag on SoL - 7

cool!
Alana
LCN Peon

Duff Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 21st 2011, 5:00:47

more voting :)

Loafer Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 7:40:49

Chevs should've at least been nominated

Imperial Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 7:44:20

Klown: your name suits you.

How the hell did Deerhunter beat out PiffPiff for worst AT poster.. it should have been a hell of a lost closer than that. Guess I cant complain since I didn't vote.

Praetor for worst FA? I guess no one has dealt with Soviet? :P +1 to Praetor for mentioning me in your speech.. was that your ICQ list by chance? lol

DL: Every single clan in the game can put on a great FS? Seriously? Our beef was with Rage not SoL. Sure we expected SoL or SoF to join in but our goal was to take out Rage. We did that. End of story.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Feb 21st 2011, 8:37:16

Originally posted by Imperial:
Klown: your name suits you.

How the hell did Deerhunter beat out PiffPiff for worst AT poster.. it should have been a hell of a lost closer than that. Guess I cant complain since I didn't vote.

Praetor for worst FA? I guess no one has dealt with Soviet? :P +1 to Praetor for mentioning me in your speech.. was that your ICQ list by chance? lol

DL: Every single clan in the game can put on a great FS? Seriously? Our beef was with Rage not SoL. Sure we expected SoL or SoF to join in but our goal was to take out Rage. We did that. End of story.

But Soviet is not an FA. He is prez. So that does not count. His FA skillz suck. But he is not an FA position. Never has been.

To Prae....I am sad like maki. You forgot me!

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

PraetorNLS Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 17:59:06

If we are going to be that litteral Galleri, im not an FA either, im a SOL head.

SOL is a triumvirate with 3 heads, IA, WAR and FR.
So by other clanstructures SOL has 3 co-presidents.

But if i say im not a FA cause im a co-pres, i wouldt be elibegible, and that would suck cause ive never won anything on AT before !

+ imperial, <3 , it was from the top of my head, could have rambled on for more pages but it was like 3am and i didt feel like writing longer :P
Praetor - disqualified from the human race for being three laps ahead in the second round.

aponic Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 20:21:17

I don't think the problem so much is the voters but the nominations. Nominations should take place on AT. That would make things much more interesting imo. Havign voted once or twice before (not this reset) I know that the nomination process is rather limited.
SOF
Cerevisi

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 21:15:58

I can really understand Chevs being pissed. He totally deserved a nomination. It is my extreme view that the top NW country not given FA/internal landfarming should win "best individual netter." So I voted for highrock.

Chevs deserved much better representation there, but as I can only vote once and I have a policy on that category that was my reasoning chevs...

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 21:19:48

also how does highrock not win that category? How does getting beat by at least 4 totally "legit" people constitute best individual netting set? The only way thats the most impressive individual netting performance is if that country was played with some kind of self imposed limitation (ie. C/I all set, no public market, untagged, etc.)

What was the voters thinking in voting for thomas the tank engine?

Also, there should be some kind of "rating" of the voters or something. B/c the voter who was biased/ignorant enough to have LAF most impressive netgaining clan last set should really have their voting privilege removed imo...

Edited By: BobbyATA on Feb 21st 2011, 21:21:55
See Original Post

Lord Tarnava Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 21:23:49

^ No clue. I couldn't believe the amount of people voting for ley. Suicides are part of the game. I wasted fluffLOADS of turns diffusing missiles on GDI farms, kept tanks high to avoid ABs etc. How do people think it's an accomplishment to overcome several suicides? He left himself open.

With that logic I should be the best netter in the game, because of how many times I've built amazing countries, just to fluff up the destock. Wow I suck at destocking but I still finished top 5/10!!! That's an amazing accomplishment!!!

Feb 21st 2011, 21:25:13

That being said ley/achan is a fairly competent netter, I just don't think he deserved to win that category. Totally impartial I give it to highrock, however my bias'd opinion favours myself as I put up a valiant effort as a farmer, on a tech strong set, due to LAF pacting out and having no other options ;-)

Detmer Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 22:03:28

Originally posted by aponic:
I don't think the problem so much is the voters but the nominations. Nominations should take place on AT. That would make things much more interesting imo. Havign voted once or twice before (not this reset) I know that the nomination process is rather limited.

We could try that next round... I just feel it would become hopelessly unlimited if everyone could nominate someone. If it comes down to the top five in each category or something, then someone else is welcome to tally up all the nominations.

I think the reason Thomas the Tank Engine won was because it was sold the best on the boards. When Slagpit's CI won I am pretty sure it was because I spelled out why it deserved to win in my nomination. Likewise Thomas the Tank Engine was noted in the nomination as having overcome multiple suicides to reach the top 10.

Chevs

Feb 21st 2011, 22:52:54

Add best/worse country name in the voting, because "Thomas loves pooper sex by kemo" was pretty damn good and deserved recognition.

And why not just have the nominations here, then create the survey on survey monkey and paste the tinyurl here so you can have somewhat statistically significant categories. I don't understand how that can't be completely anonymous voting?

regarding best NW performance, I should have beat out highrock for the best performance imo hehehe. He beat me by a couple mil NW due to an awesome resell at the buzzer... but im a war mongering sob and i've netted out a full set exactly twice in 10 years including last set. highrock had the experience advantage!
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

highrock Game profile

Feb 22nd 2011, 3:14:03

Originally posted by Chevs:
Add best/worse country name in the voting, because "Thomas loves pooper sex by kemo" was pretty damn good and deserved recognition.

And why not just have the nominations here, then create the survey on survey monkey and paste the tinyurl here so you can have somewhat statistically significant categories. I don't understand how that can't be completely anonymous voting?

regarding best NW performance, I should have beat out highrock for the best performance imo hehehe. He beat me by a couple mil NW due to an awesome resell at the buzzer... but im a war mongering sob and i've netted out a full set exactly twice in 10 years including last set. highrock had the experience advantage!

LOL in case you haven't seen my profile...i've also netted twice in 10 years previous to last reset since i only played three resets total in the last 10 years.
formerly Viola MD

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 22nd 2011, 3:20:35

Why does getting ABed by an untagged that you farmed even count as a suicide?

Dragonlance Game profile

Feb 22nd 2011, 3:25:54

no offence imperial, but your goals, and whether you achieved them or not is irrelevant in this case, because they were so small.

If achieving one's own personal goal is enough to win an award, then everyone would win one every set.

SOL deserved the award over LCN, because they won.
plain and simple.

*note, i'm not saying rage did any better, because clearly, they did not*

Dragonlance Game profile

Feb 22nd 2011, 3:26:35

but like i said earlier, i didn't vote this time, so i can't complain.

Feb 22nd 2011, 3:26:43

It shouldn't it's stupid. hence why I carried so many tanks all set, and burned tons of turns diffusing missiles

Dragonlance Game profile

Feb 22nd 2011, 3:30:41

i'm with bobby.

I voiced this opinion insite when the awards first started, but detmer and the slag C/I crew shouted me down!

the highest NW non-Fa/ed country etc. should get the award every set.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 22nd 2011, 3:45:18

You'll never get everyone to agree on what "legit" means, especially when it's possible to compound small advantages into big ones.

Deerhunter Game profile

Feb 22nd 2011, 4:22:32

Hell, whats your problem Praetor? Why was i not mentioned? If it wasn't for me you would not have won your award.

Also, i want to thank the Hundreds (659 to be exact) of people who messaged me with your support. Clearly, this was not a legit pole and has no real bearing on how the majority of Earthers feel. Was this a true and accurate report i am certain i would have won BEST poster. Even if Praetor would still get worst FA. :)
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

Feb 22nd 2011, 6:09:16

^ I call bullfluff

Feb 22nd 2011, 6:10:18

what, 659 messages between you and the 10-20 trolls and devil's advocates who statistically will occupy any large group?

because 659 'players' in a group this size.. bullfluff

llaar Game profile

Feb 22nd 2011, 6:29:54

worst war dec?

i think these are the only two war dec's we've ever had in EE:
http://forums.earthempires.com/...?threadid=1139&page=1
http://forums.earthempires.com/...86985&z=na-dow-on-sof

both of which were to the point and explanatory... what was wrong with them? the closest one timewise was nearly 5 months ago as well...

Feb 25th 2011, 23:50:57

ttt

so Deerhunter can respond. Respond douchebag, respond.

llaar Game profile

Feb 28th 2011, 20:00:07

no reply to what I asked?

Detmer Game profile

Feb 28th 2011, 20:03:07

I didn't nominate them so I can't answer you. As I noted I let the people nominate. In the future I think I will force people to post links to threads they nominate so I can verify the post occurred and was in the proper round.