Verified:

Makinso Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 3:34:39

Hope you can keep those members after this set :-D

Chevs

Feb 16th 2011, 3:41:44

is this a trashtalking thread? if so let me start

they just want a sniff of a champions ass which is what they will get when sof poops on them

if not i apologize and retract my previoius statement.

dear evo, sorry about before.
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

Pain Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 3:54:55

looks like SoF is gonna be quite outnumbered. even the fact that they are fighting netters if they can pull off the W ill be impressed. a 24 country disadvantage is rather significant i would think.
Your mother is a nice woman

ld Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 4:01:53

I think so too considering how well the netters can follow a good strat. It will really help if they can pick better targets and really pull off some good chats.

mrford Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 4:05:52

Sof will dominate
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

joe2 Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 4:14:27

I will dominate mrford!

Thomas Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 4:16:11

Originally posted by Pain:
looks like SoF is gonna be quite outnumbered. even the fact that they are fighting netters if they can pull off the W ill be impressed. a 24 country disadvantage is rather significant i would think.

You have to expect the netters to have countries who won't attack and won't restart. Warring tags usually have 100% restart rate. Evo and NM are strictly netters, so some of the guys will not want to bother attending chats or restarting. There is that factor that a lot of people overlook, as well as the communication barrier that we're still working through. Very difficult getting 3 tags all on the same page, when they all have different ideas and opinions and have different online availabilities.

So I don't think the 24 countries will make THAT much of a difference, considering all we're up against. SoF has it easy in terms of organizing.

Chevs

Feb 16th 2011, 4:31:13

actually thomas i feel like everyone on your side has alot of motivation to run good war countries, attend warchats, and restart. i think everyone on your wants to beat big bag sof and try to prove we bit off more than we can chew.

now that you mentioned it, i was just wondering how you guys are structuring your warchats?
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 4:31:42

otoh thomas I'm in EVO this set, so clearly in any situation EVO is likely to dominate=)

note to all: This is a joke.

Also Chevs sucks and he will be the one getting pooped on!

note to all: This is not a joke.

Lord Slayer Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 5:43:11

Chev's

Sof needs no motivation, but you also have the added part of SOF the big bad war alliance can't be beat by Netting alliances who are taking a set away from netting for a casual fun war.

It'll be fun, as long as we can find the time to attend all the mandatory warchats each alliance has, it should be a good fight.

locket Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 6:02:05

In most wars I see netting alliances in they seem to lack motivation towards the end of wars :P

M m i x X Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 6:16:55

we will try to motivate people on our side so we can give SoF a good war :)
-=(M m i x X)=-

Mr. Lime Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 7:43:59

Originally posted by Thomas:

You have to expect the netters to have countries who won't attack and won't restart. Warring tags usually have 100% restart rate. Evo and NM are strictly netters, so some of the guys will not want to bother attending chats or restarting. There is that factor that a lot of people overlook, as well as the communication barrier that we're still working through. Very difficult getting 3 tags all on the same page, when they all have different ideas and opinions and have different online availabilities.

So I don't think the 24 countries will make THAT much of a difference, considering all we're up against. SoF has it easy in terms of organizing.

are you saying collab will have 100% restart and chat attendance? cause it sounds like you just put down your allies in this conflict

AxAlar Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 8:20:51

I think he's more alluding to the fact that in comparison to NM and Evo, we tend to war on a more regular basis. We usually see around a 90% restart rate, still not the 95%+ of the strictly warring tags.

Also, we'll likely be trimming our fat in order to make the numbers more representational before the war :)
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
AIM: I The Brandon
MSN:

Pain Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 8:30:50

well i suppose there will be a lower restart rate however i think it will be much higher in this war. i think typically the reason netting clans fall off is usually cause they have been FSed and were not planning nor interested to war that set. since this is an arranged war and everyone knows they will be fighting there may be more effort put forth by members since now they have something to prove (beating SoF).

thats purely speculation of course. i certainly wouldnt say every member in SoF is better at warring then every member in the opposing clans but if members get lazy and slack SoF will run through them.
Your mother is a nice woman

anoniem Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 14:18:14

FYI, we got our senior veterans back, though most of them don't have a lot of time to play due to university/education.

The other new members applied of their own volition rather than us sending messages out or actively recruiting. Probably some SoF spies :P (joke!)
re(ally)tired

Evolution Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 14:29:51

*bangs head on the wall to stop laughing*

I remember in highschool year 9 (years ago), it was in one class, and there were a lot of guys in our grade at the time playing earth (eg. 100). There were Solers, Lafers and maybe camelot? discussing strategy, when one of our class mates joined in and they asked what clan he was in, and he said He joined Sof, and the other guy replied "you better be careful who you say that too, you might get bashed"

hahahahaha omg its funny, the next year these were the guys that tried to go full ganster. Some of them did end up in jail (gaol) though :X.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

Makinso Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 16:02:43

LoL how did my compliment turn into this :-P

NukEvil Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 16:08:37

If the word 'Evolution' or shorthand form 'Evo' is posted anywhere in a thread, it's guaranteed to attract long, trollish/joke responses from surrounding community members. It's kinda an unknown law of physics, really...
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

aponic Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 16:36:49

well i suppose there will be a lower restart rate however i think it will be much higher in this war. i think typically the reason netting clans fall off is usually cause they have been FSed and were not planning nor interested to war that set. since this is an arranged war and everyone knows they will be fighting there may be more effort put forth by members since now they have something to prove (beating SoF).

thats purely speculation of course. i certainly wouldnt say every member in SoF is better at warring then every member in the opposing clans but if members get lazy and slack SoF will run through them.

I agree. This should be a lot of fun. And more to what Thomas said, I think the advantage in countries will even out to a great extent with the organizational advantage of using one website. It will be a great contest.

To put it out there ahead of time, I think if SOF is able to win you won't see a real turn around for the first 2 weeks. Restart rates more than anything should prove the contest.
SOF
Cerevisi

Evolution Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 20:45:58

Originally posted by Makinso:
LoL how did my compliment turn into this :-P

You know how random my posts are >.>. I don't really like flamming though. It seems to be laf and Evo going at it these days. Maybe everyone else got kickbanned.

Originally posted by aponic:

I agree. This should be a lot of fun. And more to what Thomas said, I think the advantage in countries will even out to a great extent with the organizational advantage of using one website. It will be a great contest.

To put it out there ahead of time, I think if SOF is able to win you won't see a real turn around for the first 2 weeks. Restart rates more than anything should prove the contest.

From my experience coordinating with other clans, if Evo leads the warchats and all the other clan members turn up and do as they are told, then its less of an issues. However cracks always start to occur particularly due to style and preference.

When coordinating with netgaining clans, they are sometimes not willing to trash their country to take down a large target. Or working with smaller clans, their attendance and restart rates are lower. Working with warclans they have different preferences for missile use, target selection, troops or jets etc.

I'd say it would be two weeks before cracks appear all over the place due to pressure from Sof. I believe Sof will have an attendance and restart advantage over some of the clans fighting against them.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

cypress Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 22:53:34

Originally posted by anoniem:
FYI, we got our senior veterans back, though most of them don't have a lot of time to play due to university/education.

The other new members applied of their own volition rather than us sending messages out or actively recruiting. Probably some SoF spies :P (joke!)

We sent MmixX back to spy on you after you sent him to spy on us last set :))))))))))))))))))))

CrazyMatt Game profile

Feb 16th 2011, 23:04:21

We have had less members going into wars before the difference is ALL of our countries will be targets cuz we will have equal pwnage :p don't be jealous we will prevail you can have more but will they be active?

Thomas Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 0:04:42

Originally posted by Evolution:
From my experience coordinating with other clans, if Evo leads the warchats and all the other clan members turn up and do as they are told, then its less of an issues.

Who the hell are you? Evo doesn't even have a war leader involved right now. So I'm curious how they are going to lead the way and tell me and my guys to do what we are told. That's going to cause the "cracks" you speak of before anything else does.

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 17th 2011, 0:08:37

To be honest, right now my prediction is it will look like a draw in the end.

SOF is the superior fighters,
They build excellent countries top to bottom,
Major orginizaton/familiarity advantage (don't underestmate this.)

Collab/Evo/NM
Will have incredible countries top to bottom
20ish country advantage.

SOF needed/wanted to be pushed to their max.
This IS going to do it.

I think it'll look close to a draw, but if it isn't, I think SOF is more likely to pull it out in the end,
but, that is due to experience, and orgnization, not frm quality of players/countries.

I expect this to be one of the best wars in years.
Z is #1

anoniem Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 0:23:35

Thomas, get back in your cage. You WILL obey!

haha :P
re(ally)tired

crazyserb Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 0:25:18

lol SoF will win...don't worry about the number disadvtantage those will be done after SoF does their FS/CS....

AxAlar Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 4:04:44

Maybe its just pride, but I don't think it'll be a draw. I think Evo+SancT could beat SOF with a members disadvantage *shrug*

Im actually very sad the numbers arent closer, I don't want it to become an excuse when we win :]
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
AIM: I The Brandon
MSN:

Chevs

Feb 17th 2011, 5:20:58

Originally posted by AxAlar:

Im actually very sad the numbers arent closer, I don't want it to become an excuse when we win :]

well we are slowly tagging more countries by bugging old vets after we saw how many new players evo had, problem is they are 2 weeks behind at this point.

Originally posted by Servant:

I expect this to be one of the best wars in years.

TOTALLY....RIGHT? now everyone is going to want a peice of action after they realize how fun it is haha.

maybe this war will be epic enough to have a bigger planned war in the near future :P
SOF Head Of Poop

Thomas Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 6:36:14

/me is still waiting for a server war to break out.

locket Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 6:44:47

honestly I think Sof will win handily by the end simply due to the fact they enjoy warring more and will have more to prove in their eyes... I could be wrong :P but I guess it all depends on how much time the netter side is willing to dedicate

M m i x X Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 9:31:04

Originally posted by cypress:
We sent MmixX back to spy on you after you sent him to spy on us last set :))))))))))))))))))))

lol... i didn't spy on you... i just wanted to play with my old alliance...
-=(M m i x X)=-

cypress Game profile

Feb 17th 2011, 14:16:05

LOL, I was kidding :P

Murf Game profile

Feb 18th 2011, 1:39:49

hmmm we are your old alliance numptee you been netting in evo for ages, you came back netted one set with us then ran back to evo to war

you sir are a filthy spy LOL

CaptainTenacious Game profile

Feb 18th 2011, 4:36:24

Originally posted by AxAlar:
Maybe its just pride, but I don't think it'll be a draw. I think Evo+SancT could beat SOF with a members disadvantage *shrug*

don't worry, i'll do all i can to bring our side down!
~The Saucy Buccaneer~
I drink in moderation.
Moderation being an imaginary place i go to when i drink.

M m i x X Game profile

Feb 18th 2011, 13:48:44

well Murf :)

i had fun netting with you guys :) first time i reached 136M NW :)
-=(M m i x X)=-

Murf Game profile

Feb 18th 2011, 16:45:31

and ppl say sofers can't net lol

Ivan Game profile

Feb 19th 2011, 11:02:19

Whats shameful is that he hasnt done better in a netting tag before!

diez Game profile

Feb 19th 2011, 12:50:42

lol@ivan

Deerhunter Game profile

Feb 19th 2011, 13:13:58

I think they really recruited a telemarketing company. Just a few people with 26 call lines.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

lostmonk Game profile

Feb 19th 2011, 13:17:37

OMG Murf AND Ivan!!! Talk about some ugly faces from way back :P
Done.

Xliest Game profile

Feb 20th 2011, 1:32:57

Just to put it out there, im not dieing this set... so gg and gl those of us lucky enough to be in this position of kicking some fluff in sof's door

and by the looks of things i should start to stock oil now... since Sol is feeling left out for the war.