Verified:

PimpThang

Feb 12th 2011, 4:36:31

First, congrats to the Egyptians for getting their way and a new future. What i don't get is why Obamma said anything during the crisis. Egypt was an alli under Mubarric (exc spell). I fully understand supporting the Egyptian people and congratulating them after he left but all the talk during i feel was a huge mistake. It was loose loose. The rest of the Arab world saw the US as trying to impose our will. The egyptians stil wont like us because we supported Mubar all these years. And other leaders in the mid-east wont trust us because now they know- when the going gets tough- the US joins the other side. I see no good coming from all the talk from the US during the crisis- at best he should have said he would look forward to continue working with Egypt, regardless of who is its head.

Again, great job Exyptians. How do you all feel about the way things were handled? And if you liked Obamma speaking out for Mubarric to resign eariler- WHY? I mean, why was it our business??? I dont get why we keep meddling in other peoples business all the time. Be nice and keep discussing civil please.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 12th 2011, 4:44:34

pretty much every world leader commented on the crisis, and is certainly expected to

maybe the discussion should be around why only what Obama says matters to you -- he wasn't the only world leader calling on egypt to respect the will of it's people

also, have a good night out drinking? :)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Shinigami Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 4:53:57

Well, the US was more or less screwed either way. Speak out and you are turning on a known ally. Don't speak out and you are ignoring the cry of a people seeking freedom.

I have little use for Obama but he handled it as well as could be expected.

Fooglmog Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 5:13:03

I think it was handled beautifully, after it became clear how serious the situation was.

Early on, Clinton made a mistake. It wasn't clear how serious the situation was, and she made comments that gave the impression that the US was solidly behind Mubarak. I don't blame her, there's no way she could have known and refusing to answer reporter's questions is sort of impossible in the US -- but it made the choice of silence untenable.

The US has significant interests in Egypt. It would be a major problem for the US if an unfriendly government was in power there. The US needed to be in a position where neither Mubarak nor the potential future government would feel alienated after this crisis ended.

The US had two options for how to do this. Either maintain silence, or speak relatively neutrally. Neither was a guarantee, but they're hard to choose between if all other things are equal.

Of course, all was not equal. With Clinton's comments, silence would have alienated the protesters. As a result, the US had no choice but to speak out in as neutral a manner as possible.

It's absolutely true that some in the Arab world will now claim that the US imposed its will. But silence would have just been a catalyst for those same people to say that the US doesn't care about its ideals and will support the oppression of the people.

The US had two equally mediocre choices... and accidentally undermined one. The decision to follow through on the other choice is, in that circumstance, a no-brainer.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Jelly

Feb 12th 2011, 6:03:25

Honestly, all the US have to do now is send an army and money to Egypt, says it's to help restore peace and help the process of 'Democracy' along.

As a result, US will have a major foothold in the Middle East, probably setting up a huge military base there.

Just the process of world domination.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 12th 2011, 6:06:09

I'm still waiting for the US to invade Iran.

You get a risk card for every turn you hold Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Shinigami Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 6:10:10

Boy the US sure sucks at this whole world domination bit.

PimpThang

Feb 12th 2011, 14:52:01

Pang it fugures that your the only person coming here and making fun of me for posting this thread and offering nothing of substance to it. Your insults are that of a child.

Fooglmog, i really liked what you had to say but i wish you would have commented more of how this makes us look to the rest of the arab world. From what im seeing on the news the people of Egypt dont like us at all and partially blame us for supporting mubar all these years. Jelly, Your humor is funny. I figured someone would say we are trying to dominate the world.

PimpThang

Feb 12th 2011, 14:54:08

BTW- this thread was not intended as a bash on Obamma. Its more like i am worried the Arab people will see him speaking out and think he is imposing Americas will on Arabs.

Makinso Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 15:34:21

While Jelly makes a funny comment. The US is increasing it's military forces/size everywhere. Looking at the netherlands alone the amount of US military people whom are coming over for "training" etc is rapidly increasing.

One of my best mates is in the head of training staff for the dutch military and the numbers US military staff being stationed over here doubled over the past 1.5 - 2 yrs. While lol I see no ill will in it over here. It is a fact that the US military is expanding and quite rapidly everywhere ;)

kemo Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 15:39:03

nvm im retarded. ignore my groggy dumbass
all praised to ra

ZDH Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 15:40:36

lol weird

All this time I thought Egypt was just a crappy desert...

ohhhh wait it is who gives a F***.
-BigZ

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 12th 2011, 15:42:44

netherlands got really messed up by that srebenica thing, must make it hard for the dutch to do anything

iNouda Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 17:21:27

Originally posted by PimpThang:
Pang it fugures that your the only person coming here and making fun of me for posting this thread and offering nothing of substance to it. Your insults are that of a child.

Fooglmog, i really liked what you had to say but i wish you would have commented more of how this makes us look to the rest of the arab world. From what im seeing on the news the people of Egypt dont like us at all and partially blame us for supporting mubar all these years. Jelly, Your humor is funny. I figured someone would say we are trying to dominate the world.

He stated the facts and his impression from what you originally posted. Why are you only singling out Obama? Why not the dozens of other world leaders who commented during the entire affair? Heck, why are you only singling out Arabs in your statement?!

In the other thread you called for followers of Islam to be "rehabilitated in any way possible" which some would take to mean forced conversion/brainwashing/systematic genocide or in other words, poking your head in other people's business. Now you're being all hypocritical by saying Obama shouldn't have said anything or commented at all about Egypt's revolution? Obama was damned either way apparently, by going either against Egypt's ruling elite (Mubarak and co.) or the Egyptian people.

Again this is another thread where the discussion involved some form of dictator soab who wanted to hold absolute power and was willing to go to any lengths to hold on to it.

You must really have a hard on for dictators.

gwagers Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 18:52:10

Originally posted by ZDH:
lol weird

All this time I thought Egypt was just a crappy desert...

ohhhh wait it is who gives a F***.

It also happens to be right next to Israel.
Peloponnese (PEHL-oh-puh-NEES): a mythical land of cheesecake

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Who has time for that? BLAST THEM ALL!

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 12th 2011, 23:10:32

It happens to control the Suez Canal, and over 4% of the world's GDP's ships through its channel every year.
Z is #1

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 23:47:31

and all of it's pyramids have been looted and desecrated.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Junky Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 3:16:43

Obama spoke out, so that the next person elected would favor?? us.... the Earth Empire community.
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 13th 2011, 6:41:48

Originally posted by PimpThang:

what the hell?

I offered substance in my first post and even my risk card post is still VERY topical to the "world domination" topic that someone brought up

if you don't like it, don't post drivel like this in the first place. my posts are not only on point, but raise topics which may be more important to the world as a whole than the stuff in that first post you made.

you're calling me a child, yet your first post looks like something Glenn Beck's 3 year old son would write -- in terms of grammar, content and spelling. That is assuming you weren't intoxicated, which I assumed you were.

Edited By: Pang on Feb 13th 2011, 6:59:17
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

iNouda Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 6:51:31

Nicely said Pang. Someone needed to put the STFU in that troll =O

Evolution Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 12:45:56

Originally posted by Pang:
I'm still waiting for the US to invade Iran.

You get a risk card for every turn you hold Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan!

To be fair, when I read the thread a few days ago I was thinking of posting the samething till I saw Pang had done it already. Pang's post is valid as America in my opinion is more likely to invade Iran than Egypt.

I think the US government is more worried about the new spark of democracy going sideways and ending up like Iran. If they get too involved it could make things complicated.

I know both muslim and christians from Egypt, its quite an interesting place. I will probably leave it at that.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

Trife Game profile

Feb 23rd 2011, 21:19:29

Just noticed that PimpThang misspelled Obama's name the exact same way that Deerhunter did..

Either 2 people don't know how to correctly spell our presidents name, or PimpThang is just one of DeerHunter's aliases...

iHobo Game profile

Feb 23rd 2011, 21:24:43

I like how they stonewalled.

Heston Game profile

Mar 4th 2011, 3:36:46

/me poops
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

Dragonlance Game profile

Mar 4th 2011, 4:40:08

its pretty obvious this is an anti-obama troll post.