Verified:

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 13th 2011, 7:41:13

In the past I've supported LaF and criticized LaF on the boards as I felt appropriate. After Pang temporarily took over and talked about turning laF into a positive force in the game I believed him. Sadly, it looks like LaF's new leadership has no interest in continuing his policy.

A "moral" alliance wouldn't detag members because fair play demands that alliances not detag members near the end of the set. A stated reason of "waa evo would complain" isn't going to impress anyone.

A "moral" alliance wouldn't go on record as saying that aiding countries into the top ten is bad for the game and then do it itself. That's the worst kind of hypocrisy.

A "moral" alliance wouldn't have leaders who detag in the middle of the set and let LaF farm them for 70k acres while only retalling other alliances. It's especially bad when that same person boasts on the board that "[Laf doesn't run] untags to hit other alliances and not retal themselves".

Chewi Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 7:45:44

A leader detagged and let us farm them for 70k acres? Who is this leader and where is the boasting?

locket Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 7:46:38

no one wants to keep the topic changed...evo starts a dumb thread and should just let it drop :P

Evo detags members who arent playing...laf does...whats the point of this stupidity?

If you want to fix the FAing at the end of sets just dont have FA'd networth count towards the scoreboard as someone suggested or make it open and it might stop. Now I suppose you could take the bait and stop acting like idiots :P but I doubt that happens ;)

I guess it just stopped being ammusing after the last 3 threads about these same topics.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 13th 2011, 7:49:25

no, Evo didn't start a dumb thread, KJ started a dumb thread
Finally did the signature thing.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 13th 2011, 7:51:43

http://www.eestats.com/alliance/oldcountry/104/370

The 70k figure is what I remember. It may not be exactly accurate. You are free to add it up yourself.

The problem isn't necessarily the FA, it's the fact that an alliance does things that are, by its own omission, bad for the game.

Pain Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 8:01:07

that called being a hypocrite. if you havent noticed there a case of that going around lately (not pointing fingers just in general)
Your mother is a nice woman

locket Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 8:11:13

KJ=evo to the best of my knowledge. Anomyumyum came in and started in pretty quick too. But meh.

ARNOLD SCHWARTZENAGER.

Ozzite Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 12:13:03

KJ is certainly a POS

LaF has also been dirtier than Evo for .... ever?

You are talking about dropping members EOS? How about you compare the ratio of members who were RD :-P

Can't believe I am standing up for Evo...a clan that permabanned me!
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

Evolution Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 12:17:29

>.< since when does AT refresh when two people are posting... I ended up second best on that exchange lol.

in Summary of my rather long post:

I believe Laf would end up ahead on a netgaining against Evo due to their sometimes dubious grey practices. Though Evo would win in war.

In the past I was fairly pro laf, due to friends, until they retalled my retal with Land:Land, though that was sorted out by FRs and I ended up 200 acres ahead after the dust settled.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

anoniem Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 12:24:59

Originally posted by Pang:
Originally posted by Jelly:
Want to net with morals? Join LaF?

that'll be a slogan

oh Im certainly not saying that LaF has the absolute best netting morals on the server, but if evo/laf ever did a "planned netting set" with the same "morals", pactlists etc, I think laf would probably come out ahead. it would certainly be interesting, although Iexpect it would get ruined regardless for at least one of the parties.

and locket: it's easy, you just add "nator" to the end of whatever Arnold's job-du-jour is and it makes sense

I don't know how you came to that conclusion, because Evo has less pacts than LaF. I wonder if any of your members got grabbed by SoF last set while destocking and lost $2bil in one grab. Thought not.
re(ally)tired

Evolution Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 12:27:58

Well its unlikely that both clans would have the same numbers of allies, the only solution would be to have the same number of enemies, an arranged war for both for a certain number of days, then DNH for the rest of the reset and see who comes out best.

Though thats unlikely to happen. I would like to see Evo beat Laf for netgaining someday though.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 13th 2011, 16:26:18

Evo has beaten LaF in netgaining multiple times.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 13th 2011, 16:49:46

oh hooray

another thread where laf and evo bash eachother, really constructive

started by someone not even in either lol

diez Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 16:57:46

lol, we just love each other so much that we bash each other to show the affection :)

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 13th 2011, 17:22:47

Originally posted by enshula:
oh hooray

another thread where laf and evo bash eachother, really constructive

started by someone not even in either lol

actually according to what I've seen in the #ee chan, KJ is most certainly evo, and his anti-pang country which is tagged evo certainly proves that beyond any doubt :p

the rest of your post is exactly on point
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Lord Tarnava Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 17:26:50

I am one of the most anti Evo LaF'rs but I don't hate Evo as a whole. Far from it actually...

diez and I have always had very friendly chats as have tmac and I.. For the most part I like most Evo members I talk to...

qzjul always seems reasonable also..

However, some of your most loudspoken members have turned me against the alliance in general. KJ and Nukevil being the original two. Kicked off by a thread way back when accusing my country of running an all jet landfarm, because it retalled Evo countries but not mine(ignoring the fact the Evo countries were farmers and cashers and I was a techer with 5x the defense)

nukevil hasn't pissed me off as much as of late.. however..
anon is an annoying douche.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 13th 2011, 17:44:58

KJ is only newly back for war, so he can't have been pissing you off until this thread lately :)

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 18:02:03

to answer the question posed I would bet on Omega to win ANW not LaF this set.

anoniem Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 18:02:17

LT: I don't understand why you're annoyed? I simply stated a few facts.

Don't blame me for your alliance's inconsistencies.
re(ally)tired

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 13th 2011, 18:08:23

Originally posted by qzjul:
KJ is only newly back for war, so he can't have been pissing you off until this thread lately :)

he does stuff in private too
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Feb 13th 2011, 18:12:49

qz he mostly pissed me off a couple years back. It was intense dislike so it has lingered and was renewed with this thread.

anoniem Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 18:16:05

LT: grow up. how can you hate someone over a text-based game?
re(ally)tired

Feb 13th 2011, 18:22:46

hate is a strong word... however, repeated public accusations against myself and my online friends over cheating, unfounded accusations at that.. as well as coming in our IRC chats and proclaiming he was going to suicide Downsay out of his first rank 1 as a scare tactic don't go far towards me liking the guy. Also, I believe I remember KJ either botting LAF or threatening to bot LAF in the past.

Now this thread.

anoniem Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 18:28:38

right, sort of how your alliance accused evo of running untagged landfarms and then only retalling LaF...

wow, i should "really" dislike you by now.
re(ally)tired

BattleKJ Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 18:30:25

I don't see why people are insulting me. Its only a joke thread. I love LaF really.

anoniem Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 18:35:46

they don't understand British humour. more fool them!
re(ally)tired

mazooka Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 18:48:45

Originally posted by Lord Tarnava:
hate is a strong word... however, repeated public accusations against myself and my online friends over cheating, unfounded accusations at that.. as well as coming in our IRC chats and proclaiming he was going to suicide Downsay out of his first rank 1 as a scare tactic don't go far towards me liking the guy. Also, I believe I remember KJ either botting LAF or threatening to bot LAF in the past.

Now this thread.

you're right, lafs cheating, multi running, untagged land farms, suicide countries, using bots and automated scripts for oil transfers, running countries in other tags for all sort of nefarious reasons and being hypocritical douches about it. evo isnt any better though, actually had evo members bot ME =p

you want to rehash all that fluff that went down? pang already said it best..glass houses and all.

BattleKJ Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 18:48:49

I know right. Such haters.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 13th 2011, 18:55:06

I also had Evo members bot me when i was in Monks heh

anoniem Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 18:59:49

mazooka back in your cage!! :P
re(ally)tired

mazooka Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 19:07:01

i dont have a cage.

CGiboney Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 19:40:03

LOL i was bot by Evo member ALSO!

mazooka cant be caged! Cage Ozzite!

Unholy Monks

NukEvil Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 20:14:45

I know I'll get blasted for posting here. But, I'll post anyways, simply because I can. Also, someone posted my name, in a rather negative context, so I can only respond at this point.

Back during the whole LaF/Evo rivalry ANW thing, I actually had a reason to troll LaFers on the boards. Between Evo and LaF, we put up some of the highest quality troll threads in existence. It was a nice way to waste time, and I thoroughly enjoyed the sparring back and forth, the posting of evidence in that suicider run, the baseless accusations from both sides, and the general hostility all around. It was a way to work off stress that accumulated during the day at work. I'm sure we all, on a deep, primeval level, enjoyed it to an extent.

But then, after that reset where everyone went to war, and Evo still ended up on top of the pile, I simply felt that I could no longer, in good conscience, troll LaF like I had before. We had beat them in ANW, and, indirectly, ended up better than they did in warfare, so I felt that participating in LaF/EVO threads would be pointless, as we had already made our statements clear ingame. That was also during the whole 'reconciliation/let's work together' period where Evo and LaF more or less backed off of each other, and I was forced to promise that I would no longer target LaF on the boards. Even without that promise, however, I still didn't feel like luring LaF leaders into a smackfest on ECT was worth my time anymore. The game was in serious decline at that point, so that had something to do with it, I'm sure.

Now, today, I still feel the same way. There's nothing to troll LaF for anymore. Evo has consistently won ANW when netting, and, personally, I feel that Omega has replaced LaF as ANW contender. Omega are a quiet bunch compared to Evo/LaF when it comes to posting about their netting, so there's not much to troll off there. And I seem to be fixated on SOL and SoF for some reason these days, even though they've more or less left us alone for a couple resets. The most I have posted towards LaF these days is probably when they FA someone into the top 10, but that's it. Just a passing remark, nothing more.

I dunno, maybe when LaF repairs its current membership famine and starts netting like they used to, maybe I'll find a reason to call a random LaF leader/member out on the boards again or something. And LaF can certainly try for ANW this set, when Evo will be at war. Maybe FA a member or two into the top 10 or something. Unfortunately, I think Omega will own them in ANW, and SOL, if they play their cards, can beat them quite handily in TNW. Like I said, I'm pretty sure LaF will bounce back sometime in the future.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 13th 2011, 20:20:59

nukevil, if you think evo did better than LaF in that war you're off your rocker.

LaF decimated Evo, then decimated PDM, then IX and SoL had to BOTH FS LaF to be able to beat LaF. LaF still came out ahead in that war, once SoF hit IX/SOL us.

getting your ass kicked by LaF, then beating a bloodied TIE is better than fighting 3 major wars and looking great in all of them? :p
you're off your rocker, dude :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 13th 2011, 20:24:14

also, the only reason that war with Evo ended was because I brokered peace with Slagpit -- most other LaF'ers wanted to keep farming Evo all set. I wanted to move on, but after reading what you just posted there, I shouldn't have tried to move that kind of thing forward and enjoyed the free land :p

that land would have likely made us untouchable by even SoL/IX by the time that war came, even after fighting PDM

Oh and I still finished top 10 or top 20, while being suicided after fighting 3 wars :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

NukEvil Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 20:29:16

Yep, you FSed a netting alliance OOP, when you had almost 20 more countries at your disposal. Congratulations. Still doesn't contradict anything I said, tho.

And don't forget, your 'savior' SoF cried uncle to us 2 days after we FSed them.

P.S. Had we kept up the war against you, SOL and IX would have likely FAed us back to fighting strength. Think about that for a bit while I get back to not digging up a dead past.

Edited By: NukEvil on Feb 13th 2011, 20:31:23
See Original Post
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 13th 2011, 20:49:15

Man, can we stop spinning events from a year and a half ago?

Evolution Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 20:51:13

Sol isn't allowed to win TNW, its in our charter, its against the rules.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 13th 2011, 21:04:55

mmm
nuk, you brought up the past pretty thoroughly there :p

maybe don't talk fluff to an alliance who's bigger than you if you want to net.
it was pretty obvious when you and other evo'ers were making trolling threads daily that things would eventually come to blows.
the speed and thoroughness which evo was destroyed in that war was very well done, and something I give SS a lot of credit for.

Edited By: Pang on Feb 13th 2011, 21:10:18
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Shinigami Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 21:07:45

The idea of someone trying to troll Omega amuses me somehow. About as pointless as trying to troll NM.

aponic Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 21:36:06

KJ proves he is still a deutsche. Congrats hoser.
SOF
Cerevisi

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 22:00:08

nukevil how can you bring that set up and not honestly say that LaF completely decimated EVO. Everyone knew EVO/LAF were warring that set too its not like they blindsided us.

anoniem Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 22:18:08

I can't be bothered anymore. I don't care about LaF or what LaF does. If you FA people into the t10 that's your call, my only gripe was the lie about never doing it and then proceeding to do so (and changing your stance and saying you've always done it).

As for the war, you won, congratulations.
re(ally)tired

NukEvil Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 22:19:53

I didn't say that LaF didn't destroy us. In fact, they beat us pretty handily. I said that, after it was all said and done, we still ended up in a better position than they did. Did everyone forget the double crown we pulled out of our collective rectal cavity that reset?

P.S. I'd like to also point out that Laf wasn't very thorough in destroying us. LaF never did tagkill us. Something else everyone seems to have forgotten :P

NukEvil Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 22:28:55

One more thing: I never intended to further this thread into trolling. I merely posted my reasons for not trolling LaF when someone else mentioned me, and other people either misunderstood me or I wasn't clear enough when I posted. Hump me silly with a 10-foot robo-wang if it makes everybody happy.

locket Game profile

Feb 14th 2011, 0:00:39

nukevil if you werent intending to troll you would have kept your mouth shut. Its quite simple. Or youd have acted more like qzjul who hasnt said a negative laf thing all thread.

Junky Game profile

Feb 14th 2011, 1:43:07

SOL will take Average net this set if we don't war :-P.. my prediction
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

SolidSnake Game profile

Feb 14th 2011, 2:15:07

Originally posted by NukEvil:
I know I'll get blasted for posting here. But, I'll post anyways, simply because I can. Also, someone posted my name, in a rather negative context, so I can only respond at this point.

Back during the whole LaF/Evo rivalry ANW thing, I actually had a reason to troll LaFers on the boards. Between Evo and LaF, we put up some of the highest quality troll threads in existence. It was a nice way to waste time, and I thoroughly enjoyed the sparring back and forth, the posting of evidence in that suicider run, the baseless accusations from both sides, and the general hostility all around. It was a way to work off stress that accumulated during the day at work. I'm sure we all, on a deep, primeval level, enjoyed it to an extent.

But then, after that reset where everyone went to war, and Evo still ended up on top of the pile, I simply felt that I could no longer, in good conscience, troll LaF like I had before. We had beat them in ANW, and, indirectly, ended up better than they did in warfare, so I felt that participating in LaF/EVO threads would be pointless, as we had already made our statements clear ingame. That was also during the whole 'reconciliation/let's work together' period where Evo and LaF more or less backed off of each other, and I was forced to promise that I would no longer target LaF on the boards. Even without that promise, however, I still didn't feel like luring LaF leaders into a smackfest on ECT was worth my time anymore. The game was in serious decline at that point, so that had something to do with it, I'm sure.

Now, today, I still feel the same way. There's nothing to troll LaF for anymore. Evo has consistently won ANW when netting, and, personally, I feel that Omega has replaced LaF as ANW contender. Omega are a quiet bunch compared to Evo/LaF when it comes to posting about their netting, so there's not much to troll off there. And I seem to be fixated on SOL and SoF for some reason these days, even though they've more or less left us alone for a couple resets. The most I have posted towards LaF these days is probably when they FA someone into the top 10, but that's it. Just a passing remark, nothing more.

I dunno, maybe when LaF repairs its current membership famine and starts netting like they used to, maybe I'll find a reason to call a random LaF leader/member out on the boards again or something. And LaF can certainly try for ANW this set, when Evo will be at war. Maybe FA a member or two into the top 10 or something. Unfortunately, I think Omega will own them in ANW, and SOL, if they play their cards, can beat them quite handily in TNW. Like I said, I'm pretty sure LaF will bounce back sometime in the future.

The majority of this thread is stupid, and i could care less, but just to note a few things.

Reasons laf warred evo -
a: you broke a unap
b: you accused me of running multies on you
c: your entire leadership is a who's who of incompetence, and you wanted to act like evo were a real alliance, when the facts are you sit in corners scared all reset every reset, and then got an anw title and thought you were the fluff because of it. Infact in evo's history no one can remember you ever fighting a 1v1 war against a legitimate opponent.

The laf vs evo war lasted in reality about two days. With you having full knowledge we would fs you. In which time i think laf lost one country from memory. To ever claim evo can war on par with laf or any other alliance above 30 members, is a nonsense, you would get slapped by imag thats the truth.

LaF has always, and likely will always remain to be an alliance geared towards being the elite of the server, evo is quite obviously not. LaF will land grab alliances, and war alliances over their grabing practaces (e.g. rage a few resets ago) Evo, will pact out, and run all jetter retalers, which take all the retals, then get farmed by anyone that lost any land for any reason, even if it were legitimate retal by an untagged country. And of course, those retal countries will then "go inactive" and be farmed.

Dont give me bs about evo netgaining purely, you netgain about as purely as rd, atleast dont try to hide the fact they use internal land sources.

And just as a futher example of evo's incompetence, according to this thread they are unable to get along with laf's current leadership, which includes just about the most neutral and peaceful don that laf has had in forever???

Evo wernt a good alliance when laf slapped them, and they arnt a good alliance now.

SolidSnake Game profile

Feb 14th 2011, 2:17:30

Originally posted by NukEvil:
I didn't say that LaF didn't destroy us. In fact, they beat us pretty handily. I said that, after it was all said and done, we still ended up in a better position than they did. Did everyone forget the double crown we pulled out of our collective rectal cavity that reset?

P.S. I'd like to also point out that Laf wasn't very thorough in destroying us. LaF never did tagkill us. Something else everyone seems to have forgotten :P

After it was all said and done, you were allowed to netgain due to you being among the 3 most insegnificant alliances on the server during the server wars. Given the reset, any netgaining victory really only goes to state how lowly you were thought of by the entire server.

And LaF failed to tag kill you because you had 1 country on vacation and two outside the nw range for hitting by all laf countries including restarts, so please, dont brag about not being tag killed.

anoniem Game profile

Feb 14th 2011, 2:34:51

1) evo don't have all jetter retal countries you moron. with the new changes it makes no sense to do so, as country:country retals are more beneficial.

2) there are almost 200 (combined) tagged countries that evo do not hold pacts with, if you now add laf to that then there are 250. pacted out? don't make me laugh. it's easier to netgain in laf than it is in evo.

3) in iMag's entire existence can you name me one reset where they fought a tightly contested fight over avg nw? thought not, possibly because they are a war alliance and netgaining is not part of their ethos.

4) you've got so much pent up anger that it always makes me giggle when i read any of your posts.

5) can't beat 'em at netgaining.. let's change the playing field a bit and war them straight OOP instead. you're a class act :)

6) evo let you fs them, so that you could get your premature ejaculation over and done with asap.

Edited By: anoniem on Feb 14th 2011, 13:09:15
See Original Post
re(ally)tired