Verified:

TAN Game profile

Jan 21st 2011, 17:14:02

Internal discussions are still under way, but #310's suicide has made something clear -- we can't be arsed to kill him. We'd like to start taking the quick and easy path a la Darth Vader.

Thus, we would like to unofficially announce (things are only official when stamped with the ball sweat of the mighty Detmer) that Paradigm is shifting workload of KRs against suiciders to any alliance that would be willing to take up the burden.

Of course, adequate compensation will be sent in the form of FA. There are no set formulas, and all compensation must be negotiated and agreed upon by both parties beforehand.

Contact myself or Detmer to see if any current "deals" are on (there is a current one now obviously).

Individual countries affiliated with an alliance may participate and cut their own deals, but they must get permission from their clan FAs first.

We encourage the war clans to approach us if you get a little bit bored (and also because we reckon you'll do it for less than most netting alliances).

LaF is banned from participating. (lol)
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jan 21st 2011, 17:22:57

i've noticed that you haven't posted a legitimate export license number, so i think this deal might be a tad bit shady.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 21st 2011, 17:30:59

ok cant participate, wondering though are you planning to let those who do participate benefit in netgaining thus saving you the hassle of killing?

or are you planning to make it hurt the sub contractors in networth but effectively pay them in fun getting something to kill?

TAN Game profile

Jan 21st 2011, 17:44:57

Not sure what you mean. We're not trying to "hurt" anyone except the suiciders. People who get contracted out to kill suiciders will be compensated. Compensation between Paradigm and the signatory will be discussed and agreed upon beforehand.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

BobbyATA Game profile

Jan 21st 2011, 18:05:02

i'm very confused how u haven't killed him yet. What is so hard about it?

TAN Game profile

Jan 21st 2011, 18:17:38

1) he has like 300k-400k spies on 800 acres. I started with over 1.3m spies, and I've failed so many ops on him I'm down to under 700k spies. it's *impossible* to get an op on him.

2) he regularly buys back up to being a 3m break raw (when we started, he was well over a 15m BR raw).

3) he seems to have an endless supply of cash even though when we started killing him, he only had $2b cash. but we can't check his ally ops due to reason 1) to see what the deal is.

4) not everyone in Paradigm who can hit is hitting, which is irritating as hell.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

oats Game profile

Jan 21st 2011, 18:25:45

I'll forward this to my alliance mates who have not used their missiles for a long time. The stockpiled weaponry causes them to become irrational and to get tingly at the sight of a potential victim.

There need to be more willing missile dumps like this wandering around the scoresheets in the late hours of the reset.

hanlong Game profile

Jan 21st 2011, 18:29:20

i feel so discriminated against :(
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Detmer Game profile

Jan 21st 2011, 19:50:40

Originally posted by hanlong:
i feel so discriminated against :(

Well, maybe we could institute a bidding process =P

Basically, in PDM, we just want to play this game as a hobby for fun and not let it run out lives. Since we only have like 30 members right now it actually requires some effort to get a kill team together. Other alliances with more members (and those who are willing to work their lives around this game) are in a better position to kill someone. Obviously there are costs to a country for killing and we are willing to pay that to another alliance since we would be paying that anyways. We are also willing to pay something extra for some incentive. We mostly want the guys who hit us to be killed more quickly than we are willing to devote our energies.

Detmer Game profile

Jan 21st 2011, 19:51:18

Also, I am pretty sure this is importing labor... regardless we are hiring killers =P

Jan 21st 2011, 19:53:23

naw, you're attempting to put a facade up that it won't look like a cross tag kill.

Rockman Game profile

Jan 21st 2011, 20:05:12

Is there anything wrong with a cross tag kill on an untagged country?

Jan 21st 2011, 20:11:48

you mean besides the fact that an organized alliance has to farm it out?

hanlong Game profile

Jan 21st 2011, 20:15:36

i'm confused ;P you guys ended up killing 310 yourselves anyways
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

TAN Game profile

Jan 21st 2011, 20:51:19

Hanlong, it took too long, the guy did more damage than he should have, and many of us had to blow our stocks just to break him (as I said, the original break was 15m raw on a dict with max weaps).

Other alliances have dedicated kill teams that could have killed him much faster. We basically want to pay other people to do it for us.

Actually, Detmer, now that I think on it, you're right I did err. It's outsourcing, not exporting or importing labor. :P
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Kyatoru Game profile

Jan 21st 2011, 20:56:05

This is funny
+Kya

NOW3P Game profile

Jan 21st 2011, 21:18:07

<deep male Indian accent>
Thank you for calling SpeedyKill, this is Peggy.

hanlong Game profile

Jan 21st 2011, 21:18:08

Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

hanlong Game profile

Jan 21st 2011, 21:18:27

you are trying to make us all like dell customer support? :P
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 21st 2011, 21:31:49

lol

TAN just figured out the drawbacks of suiciders now?

sucks when you're on the receiving end, rather than the giving end, eh TAN? :p

<3

PS. I've been doing this since 2006. You are 5 years behind with this idea :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Jan 21st 2011, 21:34:35

um, don't get me started about the improper usages of cow poo.
it is not ok to scrub down the entry way to your house with a bunch of cow chips.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 21st 2011, 21:35:54

ok... when you serve cow chips to your guests, Dibs, what type of dip do you serve them with?
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Jan 21st 2011, 21:37:38

technically, the cow chips would be mixed in with the milk and it wouldn't be called dip.

TAN Game profile

Jan 21st 2011, 21:38:25

Pang, you make it sound like we've never had to deal with suiciders before and this is somehow something new we're encountering.

We don't actually need any help -- we just killed #310 and we can kill any suicider that comes our way.

But we have better things to do.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

SaRaveok Game profile

Jan 21st 2011, 22:00:10

Originally posted by TAN:
1) he has like 300k-400k spies on 800 acres. I started with over 1.3m spies, and I've failed so many ops on him I'm down to under 700k spies. it's *impossible* to get an op on him.

2) he regularly buys back up to being a 3m break raw (when we started, he was well over a 15m BR raw).

3) he seems to have an endless supply of cash even though when we started killing him, he only had $2b cash. but we can't check his ally ops due to reason 1) to see what the deal is.

4) not everyone in Paradigm who can hit is hitting, which is irritating as hell.

get everyone to save 120 turns, stop being land fat so you have a decent spal. find his offline times, set up a kr for then, when the time comes

AB Random People!
General of The Fallen
---------------------------
MSN:
IRC: #thefallen on Gamesurge

Application For The Fallen: http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...pplication.php?appID=1142

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 21st 2011, 22:01:46

Pang, you make it sound like we've never had to deal with suiciders before and this is somehow something new we're encountering.

We don't actually need any help -- we just killed #310 and we can kill any suicider that comes our way.

no offense, but the posts made on AT this reset re:suiciding & the issues behind it do kind of make it seem like you're new to dealing with suiciders.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

NOW3P Game profile

Jan 21st 2011, 22:13:00

Not new....just inept

TAN Game profile

Jan 21st 2011, 22:25:12

Originally posted by Pang:

no offense, but the posts made on AT this reset re:suiciding & the issues behind it do kind of make it seem like you're new to dealing with suiciders.

You're right. I've been playing since 2003 and have never had to deal with a suicider. This is totally new for us.

/s

What this actually seems like to me is you're trying to rub it in that we are having to deal with suiciders while we gave you a hard time before.

It seems to me you found an opportunity to point your finger at us and make petty posts due to historical grievances.

Edited By: TAN on Jan 21st 2011, 22:27:33
See Original Post
FREEEEEDOM!!!

WH Game profile

Jan 21st 2011, 22:48:57

outsourcing is the word your looking for in the topic.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 21st 2011, 23:20:57

thanks for editing in that last bit TAN!

you guys were absolutely horrible to deal with when the suiciders were from your tag, so to go out and ask others for help publicly does make me lol a little -- considering your beliefs on the subject in the past. which I won't get into, as I hope they've changed from that dark period in PDM's history.

you can read into it however you like, but as a reminder: netters don't forget about suiciders -- especially when it happens more than once. those issues were never resolved satisfactorily.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

TAN Game profile

Jan 21st 2011, 23:59:09

Asking for help? We're not asking for any help.

We're offering people $$$ to kill fluff for us. If they don't want to do it, we're *still* going to do it either way. Do you not see the difference or something?

Also, you apparently don't know much about my beliefs, past or present, on the matter. I've never supported suiciding sans irreconcilable grievances -- and that's only recently. Before, I never supported suiciding for *any* reason.

There was no "dark period" of PDM's history, except for our war with RD. Our squabbles over reparations due to suiciders is hardly a "dark period," and your policies, as I've explained to you dozens of times, was a large part of the reason why those suiciders specifically targeted LaF.

But let's forget about facts for now. Please continue.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Scorba Game profile

Jan 22nd 2011, 2:08:21

SOL has done outsourced kills a number of times over the years though we never had any consistent rates, and only on occasion had them planned out with other alliances before a set started.

crazyserb Game profile

Jan 22nd 2011, 2:20:46

this is such a cool thread

Ron Game profile

Jan 22nd 2011, 3:23:18

well KSF is gone so nobody to take up the bounty jobs anymore huh

OrigOzzyB

Jan 23rd 2011, 3:00:33

I tried bringing KSF back Ron...there is only 1 of us left :(

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Jan 23rd 2011, 3:29:10

I'm confused,
You want to Bully (farm) a poor UnTagged country to the point that they feel they must Fight.(the only way they have left to)

but then when they do fight back
you can't be bothered to actually fight them?

instead you want to bring somebody else?

but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

Detmer Game profile

Jan 23rd 2011, 3:57:11

Originally posted by SakitSaPuwit:
I'm confused,

Correct

You want to Bully (farm) a poor UnTagged country to the point that they feel they must Fight.(the only way they have left to)

Incorrect

but then when they do fight back
you can't be bothered to actually fight them?

instead you want to bring somebody else?

Correct

Jan 23rd 2011, 4:00:25

so when 1 country basically declares war on your clan,
you want to call in reenforcements?

but what do i know?

Detmer Game profile

Jan 23rd 2011, 4:03:55

Originally posted by SakitSaPuwit:
so when 1 country basically declares war on your clan,
you want to call in reenforcements?

No. They aren't reinforcing us. If someone suicides on us for no reason, or next to no reason, they then also impose on us by us bothering to kill it. There are a lot of people out there who just want to kill anyways and maybe would want to do it for free to pad their stats... but for money it is like a kid in a candy shop. That is not us though.

anoniem Game profile

Jan 23rd 2011, 4:26:27

ONE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS

MUHHAHA
re(ally)tired

Detmer Game profile

Jan 23rd 2011, 4:45:54

Originally posted by anoniem:
ONE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS

MUHHAHA

Bid rejected.

hanlong Game profile

Jan 23rd 2011, 5:34:29

NINETY NINE BILLION DOLLARS!
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Jan 24th 2011, 4:15:02

so how much would it cost you to pay for a kill?
but what do i know?

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 24th 2011, 4:20:08

TAN:
yes, let's forget about facts... because you don't seem to bring any forward :p

like when you forgot about the fact that you signed a pact with LaF, then were absolutely unwilling to honor it when your member suicided us from your tag.

do I need to bring this thread to SolidSnake's attention? :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

TAN Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 5:46:45

My God Pang, you guys are still spreading that lie in LaF? I thought I set the record straight on that long ago.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Dragonlance Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 5:51:04

3 dollars.

note: my country is dead, and thus not very effective.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 24th 2011, 5:58:04

it's not a lie.... we didn't get all the reps as stated in the pact.

you went and threw a hissy fit on me and SS over the terms in the pact once we calced the reps -- terms which you signed -- and then rejected paying the amount because you didn't like SS's reaction to you telling us that you didn't want to pay as much as the pact stated.

you were well within your rights to not sign the terms the next set (which you didn't, and that was fine) but once you sign them, you should honour them.

also, can we stop tossing around the term "lie" when someone has a disagreement with you? TAN, you personally started a thread saying that blatant insults weren't cool... what about calling everything that falls outside of what you believe happened a lie?

Edited By: Pang on Jan 24th 2011, 6:00:54
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 24th 2011, 6:20:08

on topic though, when I used to get countries killed by IX or SoL or SoF or someone, we'd work it out on a per-country basis

I worked it out on a country-by-country basis, factoring in the number of turns to kill, the difficulty of the kill and the opportunity cost of the turns that my alliance would have to spend killing and the opportunity cost of the how the turns could be spent by the clan doing the killing

the figure would vary greatly depending on all those factors, and like all LaF things from that era, were overly complicated to actually work out, but anyone who did found it fair :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Dragonlance Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 6:21:43

you piad IX to kill countries for you?

sure your political clout and added weight to IX's various nefarious causes would have been enough ;-)

TAN Game profile

Jan 24th 2011, 11:04:55

I always say people are lying when they disagree with me? Cite your sources please, because I very rarely call anyone a liar.

You contradicted yourself anyways. First you said we refused outright to pay reps, then you backtrack and qualify the statement. And let's just forget that inconvenient part of the story where we in fact paid MOST of the reps, and it was only discontinued due to the rude behavior of your leader.

You guys ALWAYS forget that we paid most of the reps. To you, It's black and white. We either paid everything or nothing. No middle ground.

Stop selectively remembering what's convenient and forgetting what's crucial.
FREEEEEDOM!!!